PDA

View Full Version : Die Hard 4.0

Dinkyass
2007-07-04, 09:06 AM
Anyone watch this movie yet? I'm hoping that the 4th installment in this manly, manly series of movies is as awesome as it's trailer suggests... :smallbiggrin:

LCR
2007-07-04, 09:52 AM
I enjoyed it very much. It's really nothing more but an action movie, but it gives you a break from all this Matrix-style ballet fighting. Just plain old gunfights and explosions.
Storywise, it's McClane vs. Nerds. They may know how to reroute traffic, but he knows how to kick their sorry butts.
It was fun to watch.
Yippee-Ki-Yay, mother ... um ...lover? Damn you, filter! One cannot even quote McClane!

Dinkyass
2007-07-04, 10:42 PM
Alright!! Sounds like it's everything I'm expecting!! :smallbiggrin: Finally, a break from all those movies that require firing up your brain to understand what's going on... Bring on the car-smashing, building-exploding, profanity-swearing misadventures of John Mclane!! :smallbiggrin:

Samiam303
2007-07-04, 10:53 PM
Alright!! Sounds like it's everything I'm expecting!! :smallbiggrin: Finally, a break from all those movies that require firing up your brain to understand what's going on... Bring on the car-smashing, building-exploding, profanity-swearing misadventures of John Mclane!! :smallbiggrin:
The really sad part is that I can't quite tell if that's sarcastic or not. :tongue:

Sundog
2007-07-05, 12:09 AM
The really sad part is that I can't quite tell if that's sarcastic or not. :tongue:

What, you don't like to just sit down, turn off your brain and watch the fireworks occasionally? I wouldn't wnat it to be every movie, but the occasional boom-fest is great!

Dinkyass
2007-07-06, 05:29 AM

Nope, I wasn't being sarcastic. Sundog is right. Sometimes, it feels great to just turn off your brain and let the explosions blow all of your trouble away. Man, I can't wait till tomorrow!! Total ass-kickery here I come!! :smallbiggrin:

PegLegPeat
2007-07-06, 10:44 PM
I just got home from the theater. I loved it lots. Well timed explosions, gun-play and a lot of computer geek (well over my head) type stuff.

Gavin Sage
2007-07-07, 12:17 AM
I liked it a lot better then Transformers and saw the two only a few days apart. Nice good hard straight action without so much the stylized muckity-muck Hollywood's built up lately. And with some actual meat on the bones too I thought, you can listen to the movie not just watch it.

I liked the line about enough of this Kung-Fu **** myself.

Damionte
2007-07-07, 01:09 AM
I assumed I woul dliek this better than Transformers so I wanted to see Transformers first so not to ruin it. Went into the theatre but it was so packed thwe only seats were in the corners of the front row. so we took out tickets back up front and exchanged them for Die Hard.

Yes it was good. Very good brain numb "just watch it" type of action. I liked it.

Except that dumb poop of an F35 pilot. But I won't give anythign away.

Dean Fellithor
2007-07-07, 01:35 AM
Anyone watch this movie yet? I'm hoping that the 4th installment in this manly, manly series of movies is as awesome as it's trailer suggests... :smallbiggrin:

yeah, I went to see it by myself yesterday...It's only after I came home and checked it on the internet that it comes out in August...

Gavin Sage
2007-07-07, 12:53 PM
Except that dumb poop of an F35 pilot. But I won't give anythign away.

Hey give the guy some credit he's flying a plane that doesn't exist yet.

Regwon
2007-07-09, 10:26 AM
The day we went to see it one of my friends declared it 'MAN DAY'. It was a great film and after it had finished we went back home and sat in a fort (made out of bed sheets and called Fort Norris) and drank ale. Good times.

TruenuffTrey
2007-07-09, 03:18 PM
I'll agree it was a great movie, slightly better than Transformers.

I was a little surprised that the daughter wasn't kidnapped until the end. From the trailer, I expected that to be the premise of the movie.

Yay for violence and explosions!

Dinkyass
2007-07-09, 09:38 PM
Hey give the guy some credit he's flying a plane that doesn't exist yet.

Actually, that jet he's piloting already does exist. It's the jet that's replacing the Harrier. :smalltongue:

I have no life. :smallsigh: