PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying I made my own first Campain, House rules, etc. And this is what happened xD

55904753zx
2016-07-31, 04:29 AM
Ok so, I started my first real campain as a GM with my best friends and this is how it went (besides freaking epic and funny!)... (This is just a slice of the cake so you don't find a text-wall)

Everyone started in a big (high ranked) city with castle and all, it was a night with full moon and the whole city was having a big festival "The night of the deads" where the mana flow is stronger and stuff, My players are A human bard, a Vampire, a half-kaith (cat-people) monk, an undead warrior and a homemade NPC Half-Draconic (Dragon Dad & Human mother). Some of them just enjoyed the party, the vampire won a gambling game and a juicy 80Gp price and so on, then the moon gets covered by dark clouds and a sheer cold air devoured the city and then in the middle of the main square "The Lich" appeared using his powers to channel his voice through the whole city saying that the age of the man is over before start summoning zombies all over the plaza and near spots from it, The bard wanted to check for money bags on the floor but he rolled 2 making some hands appear under him and holding his anckles while another zombie grabed him from behind and bitted his shoulder, the other players had better luck fighting the zombies, then the monk with an epic luck of dices he rolls natural 20 twice! making some epic jumps and stylish acrobatics so i bless him with DETERMINATION! giving him an extra turn, again big lucky roll he found a BIG anti-dragon-like ballesta and shoots at the lich rolling a natural 20 so he did critical damage to The Lich almost killing him, but then a brilliant idea, The Lich throws a curse at the monk and he rolled a 2 (best moment to not be so lucky now) So now he recived a damage equal to the half of his max Life Points and a pretty cool cursed tattoo on the left hand, after that most of them managed to reach the lich and so i left it in a dramatic cliffhanger

I was nervous so i couldn't make an epic pro narration but all my friends had a great time, never got confused and everyone lost it in laughs when our lucky monk made 3 natural 20 in "1 turn" xD, I never planned that the lich to end up so damaged by a party of lv1 characters, but that made it even better, So in a single sesion the story got crafted by the players, the monk now gave me a great plot-quest idea, everyone had fun and I have more faith in my DM duty now :D

(Sorry if my english has some misspelling but it's 5am and i'm kinda sleepy, CHEERS!)

Feint's End
2016-07-31, 06:58 AM
Your game seems to be rather light on using the rules but good for you having a fun session :smallsmile:. This is after all the most important part.

TheYell
2016-07-31, 07:07 AM
congratulations! whats the curse on the monk or will that be figured out later?

55904753zx
2016-07-31, 03:45 PM
Your game seems to be rather light on using the rules but good for you having a fun session :smallsmile:. This is after all the most important part.

Thanks, and it looks like that because im only telling the main good parts without all the mechanic details and such.

But i do use the whole rule book... with some extra house rules :)

55904753zx
2016-07-31, 03:56 PM
congratulations! whats the curse on the monk or will that be figured out later?

For now, all i can think is this:

1- The curse mark will slowly spread through his body, right now its just a symbol on the back of his hand and then will be the arm, then all the way to the shoulder, and finally his heart

2- Now 2 things can happen, either he ends up being corrupted changin his aligment to caothic evil (maybe turning him into a berserk abomination) or a painful death after the curse reaches his heart.

And the quest would be either ask for some holy deity help and/or find a holy item in a dungeon, but i have 1 week to think about it since now we will play every saturday since everyone enjoyed
the sesion alot :D

Val666
2016-07-31, 11:31 PM
You could slowly apply the necropolitan template to the monk. Overtime or each time he levels, adding undead immunities from time to time until full template is acquired. Obviously you won't tell him he's gaining that stuff, just apply it in some situations (for example if a rogue crits him, tell the party it was a critical normally but roll normal damage only). Or you can just work with the player. He could slowly fall under the Lich control while the curse advances, making Will saves in some situations you see fit, like trying to stop his comrades from ruining a plan made by the lich. In the end you could have the player join the lich and make him a super boss battle (obvisouly buffed so he can stand against all the rest of the party). You could even have his spirit leave his body and during the fight with the "new undead monk", the sipirit could help the party doing some mechanic to debilitate the undead monk. Just some ideas :v

55904753zx
2016-08-02, 08:08 PM
You could slowly apply the necropolitan template to the monk. Overtime or each time he levels, adding undead immunities from time to time until full template is acquired. Obviously you won't tell him he's gaining that stuff, just apply it in some situations (for example if a rogue crits him, tell the party it was a critical normally but roll normal damage only). Or you can just work with the player. He could slowly fall under the Lich control while the curse advances, making Will saves in some situations you see fit, like trying to stop his comrades from ruining a plan made by the lich. In the end you could have the player join the lich and make him a super boss battle (obvisouly buffed so he can stand against all the rest of the party). You could even have his spirit leave his body and during the fight with the "new undead monk", the sipirit could help the party doing some mechanic to debilitate the undead monk. Just some ideas :v

Sounds great! thanks for the ideas :D

I think that making the monk a boss battle and having the spirit of the player helping the party sounds good.

Val666
2016-08-02, 08:40 PM
Sounds great! thanks for the ideas :D

I think that making the monk a boss battle and having the spirit of the player helping the party sounds good.

Glad I could help :v