PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break of the Damned (IC)

Dudeons
2016-07-31, 06:32 AM
March 6th. The first day of spring break. The weather is warm, but not obnoxiously so, with a bright sun in the sky. The campus of Mays University is much quieter than usual, as many students have gone traveling for spring break. Leo asked you to come to the parking lot behind Edison Hall, the dorm where Leo lives, at 7:00 am. When you get there, you see Leo leaning against his car with a distant look on his face. He's wearing an emerald-colored shirt and faded blue jeans.

gremlin-pult
2016-07-31, 07:29 AM
Having got up an hour eariler than usual so he had time for his morning jog, Leif met with Leo at 7 AM sharp. He had always been taught the virtue of being on time, since being late was a bother not only for himself but for those around him.
"Good morning Leo." He said with a smile as he walked over to the car. "You ok? You look thoughtful." He added when he saw Leo's expression.

Dragonsage
2016-07-31, 09:59 AM
Ken pull himself out of bed earlier than usual before going about his normal morning ritual of having his headphones plugged in while pacing around the room for a couple of minutes before actually waking up. After a few more songs, he actually grabs his backpack filled with the stuff he bothered to pack the night before and made his way to the parking lot.

"Morning Gents." He greeted the two people present with a wave of hand before pausing to remember to take out the headphones when talking to others. He then noticed Leo's expression. "You ready for this trip bro?"

Zerkai
2016-07-31, 01:56 PM
The idea of waking up so early on what should be a break for her did not go over well with Sam, but she made sure to get some sleep earlier than she normally did so she's handle being up on time. She was dressed in a red flannel long-sleeve that was unbuttoned, a green shirt underneath and wearing a necklace she always wore. She was in a pair of jeans and sneakers as she made her way to the meeting spot.

She had a cigarette between her lips as usual, but she seemed to be talking to someone that didn't go to their there, a young looking asian girl looking around her late teens wearing a sleeveless hoodie. Well, it was more like the girl was talking while Sam would give a small shrug or short response every now and then. The girl walked off not after Sam made her way towards the others that were assembled.

"Huh... Leo." Sam would nod to him before taking a drag of her cig while eyeing the others. "You got a sister right? So are we taking two cars are something? Cause if we're waiting on more people..."

Leo would know that this girl named Jin Wone, was 19, didn't go to their college, and Leo would have first met her while he was walking out onto campus with Sam when the girl aerial-pounced on Sam from a story up. proclaiming how Sam got 'rekt'. She seems to show up occasionally to pester Sam.

Dudeons
2016-07-31, 04:59 PM
Leo jumps a bit as Leif speaks up. He turns to face the Swedish softie, briefly surprised.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking," he answers, "Really looking forward to this."

Leo looks over at Sam, trying to regain composure.

"Yeah, more people wanted to come along than I expected. I may need someone else to drive. Any volunteers?"

INoKnowNames
2016-07-31, 07:44 PM
Heavy footed clumping announced the arrival of Daniel, breathing heavily despite being more than used to running, an obvious air of having just barely woken up to arrive properly on time about him. "Greetings, all." he remarks, coming to a stop. "I am sorry for my presentation. And further sorry I do not have additional immediate transportation to offer. I would be happy to help chip in for gas money, however, if we don't want to wait to leave..."

gremlin-pult
2016-07-31, 07:57 PM
Leif greeted the others in turn with a friendly smile and a "Morning." The only one he greeted slightly more carefully was Sam. He didn't really know the tall woman, besides that she was one of Leo's closest friends. Leif had always hesitated when he considered getting to know her. She seemed perpetually grumpy, and often fired sarcastic remarks at people, something Leif was not very good at handling. So Leif had always felt a bit nervous around her.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have a car. Plus I haven't driven cars much since getting my license. Just didn't seem necessary when I have my bike and the bus." He said with an apologetic shrug. "I did put money aside to pay for part of the gas, though... So I can do that, at least..." He added hurriedly when Daniel mentioned it.

androgial
2016-07-31, 09:24 PM
A small rusty ford pinto with 4 seats pulls up beside Leo's vehicle. The driver's door opens and out steps, well the first thing you see is definately feminine cowgirl boots that go knee high, followed by bare skin up to one quarter down from the hips where the beginings of what appears to be "Daisy Dukes", then a tiny belly button, innie, and bare midriff. Next in your viewing pleasure is a tank top that stops only an inch below her breasts. And finally appearing is the face framed by golden blond hair and a girls stetson. There is definately a family resembelence to Leo.

A small shrug of her shoulders towards Leo. "Pa wants me to bring my car home for a tune up. I dont't wanna drive alone."

Dudeons
2016-08-01, 12:52 AM
Leo nods to the others as they approach, raising a hand in greeting to each of them. He smiles on seeing his sister, the first time you've seen him do so this morning.

"Hey there, sis!" he exclaims, "Looks like we've got our traveling situation worked out. Now we're just waiting on one more person, and then we'll be ready to go."

Zerkai
2016-08-01, 01:21 AM
Sam would have volunteered but she wasn't looking forward to driving a buncha strangers around, given Leo was the only reason she was here. She adjusted the guitar back on her shoulder as she eyed the others again, wondering if Leo was in the habit of collecting tall people, two guys here were almost her size, and a blond man-mountain even taller than her.

She had a feeling that something was bothering Leo, but someone else asked before she could. She thankfully didn't have to volunteer to be the second driver when the pinto rolled up. She raised her brow as she saw what just walked out of the car. She looked from the scantily clad girl to all the guys that were coming along, then at Leo, the girl's brother. She then put out the cigarette and made her way over to the car.

"Right, I'm riding with Southern Comfort here then. Pop the trunk." She said as she walked around to the back of the car to put away her guitar and bag of spare clothes.

Dragonsage
2016-08-01, 11:09 AM
"Alright, transport arrangements sorted." Ken nodded after Sam volunteered to ride with Wendy, which was honestly for the best. Its always an awkward feeling when your friend's younger sister is attractive looking, even if you're not interested because she's nearly a decade younger.

"Whelp I'm going to call shotgun." He proclaimed as he moved towards Leo's passenger side. Mainly cause he wanted to get some footage of them the road trip, and he knew footage of the back of people's heads while in the backseat wouldn't make for anything interesting.

androgial
2016-08-01, 01:01 PM
Wendy moved over to Sam. "Hi. I'm Wendy. About popin the trunk. It don't work yet. Ya gotta load in from the back seat. Sorry. Also Ya might wanna remove that long sleeve shirt. Even with the windows down it can get up ta 85 degrees inside. I'm hoping Pa is gonna be fixin tha air conditioner for it this time around."

Simsimillia
2016-08-01, 01:13 PM
Franka had barely caught two hours worth of sleep last night. Saturday and beginning of Spring Break naturally meant late nights at The Desperate, the seedy divebar she was bartending at while selling drugs under the counter.

She was already running late and to top it all off her beat down pick-up had refused to start up this morning. Maybe it was for the best, as she wasn't really in a good condition to drive for hours to home. She could take the wheel later once she had slept a bit.

As Franka approached the meeting point she was just about to finish of the last cigarette of her prostitute's breakfast. She flipped the still smoking butt casually onto the walkway and waved lazily at all the people. Lots of people, more than she anticipated. She knew some of them and she was sure that she had seen each of them at least once or twice in hanging out in The Desperate.

"Morning y'all! I'll ride with anyone who still has the most space in the back. Need to catch up on some sleep."

Franka was clad in a white tank-top with a skull-print, a pair of black, patched up jeans with suspenders hanging lazily off to the sides and a pair of black leather boots. A old gray backpack that had clearly seen better days hung over her right shoulder and held the stuff she'd packed for the weekend.

Zerkai
2016-08-01, 01:18 PM
"Name's Sam, Sam Foss, and alright. Nice to meet you and stuff I guess" she sighed as she opened the back door to stow her stuff away from there. Then she'd remove her long-sleeve shirt as she made her way to the front passenger side door, taking the shotgun seat for the pinto. She's put her shirt over the back of the seat. but didn't get in just yet.

"So how long do you think the drive home will take?"

She blinked at the final arrival, looking at the pink girl with a raised brow, but not as much as when she first saw Wendy, she smirked a bit as it seemed she wasn't the only smoker here. She jerked a thumb at Wendy's pinto.

"Well Noone's taken the backseat in here. So gals riding together then?"

Dudeons
2016-08-01, 02:25 PM
"Alright, that's everyone!" Leo says, "So, we're doing this by gender? 'No purple'? Works for me."

He pauses after hearing Sam's question.

"About... 14 hours. I think that's what my phone mapped it at. That's why I had you all come out here so early."

Leo lifts the trunk of his car, motioning for the three guys to load their stuff in. You see that there's already a mid-sized duffel bag, presumably Leo's, sitting in there. He turns to face the rest of the group, clapping his hands together as though to get everyone's attention.

"Everyone ready to go?" Leo asks.

INoKnowNames
2016-08-01, 02:34 PM
"Very well." Daniel replies, moving to Leo's car and putting his suitcase within. "One of us can cover for you for a bit if you get too tired while driving. And I downloaded a few apps for my phone to make travel less boring if anyone cares for some entertainment on the road..." Daniel was hopeful at making and keeping a decent impression with the others, some of whom he still only new faintly.

gremlin-pult
2016-08-01, 02:36 PM
To Leif's relief the matter of who drove with who was settled easily by the others. He ended up in the car with more leg space in the backseat, so he was happy. "Anyone need a hand with their bags?" He asked cheerily as he put his own, deceptively heavy sportsbag in the trunk of Leo's car. It could have weighed less, if for example he had left his dumbbells at home. But he knew that it just wouldn't feel right if he didn't do his daily exercises, even when on vacation.
"Uhm, also if you're sitting in front, would it be ok if your seat's moved a bit more forward when we drive?" He asked Ken, after noting that with the seats current angle, it would be a very unpleasant drive for someone with his size.
"Oh, uh, I'm Leif, by the way..." He added, remembering that he hadn't really introduced himself to these people. He knew they where all friends of Leo's and had seen them around before, but that was it. He scratched his head a bit awkwardly, then held out one of his large hands. "I donøt think we've ever been introduced. It's... Kim, right?"

"Uh, I'm ready. Well besides the seat thing." Leif added when Leo asked if they were good to go.

Dragonsage
2016-08-01, 03:01 PM
Ken carefully places his backpack into the trunk of the car after taking out his camcorder, since he did plan to use it during the ride. "I got some tunes we can listen to if guys care for some music."

He then looked over to Leif. "Um yeah sure, I don't mind. I know how us tall people need leg space." He then took giant's hand. "Its actually Ken, close though. Nice to properly meet ya." He added with a friendly smile before going to adjust the passenger seat to provide adequate leg room for both Leif and himself.

He then hopped into the seat and buckled up. "Aright! Allons-y!" His nerd was showing and he didn't care.

androgial
2016-08-02, 12:20 PM
"Hey Leo, I need to fill up afore we take off proper. Ya rekon 2000 dollers cover expenses? Or do I need ta withdraw another 2000?"

gremlin-pult
2016-08-02, 04:08 PM
Leif's happy expression turned to one of stunned, blank confusion when he heard the girl's question about money.
"Woah..." He said, scratching his chin as he thought about something as crazy as going around with 4000 dollars in cash. "I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention that kinda money in real life except when my dad complained about mortgage and debt... Are you sure it's safe to walk around with that much money?" He asked, glancing around as if expecting a mugger to jump out from nowhere at the mere mention of that much money.
His impression of Wendy abruptly changed from mild curiosity to quite a bit of respect. She had to be really talented or smart to have that kind of spending money.

Simsimillia
2016-08-02, 04:47 PM
Franka arched an eyebrow at Leo's comment about "purple", it took her a moment that he wasn't talking about high quality grade weed, but the gender-mixup, or rather lack thereof. At least that made much more sense, Leo never struck her as the type to do any drugs. She was fine with riding in the back of the all-girls car, at least she wouldn't have to turn down any advances of one of the guys. Granted she paled in comparision to Wendy, Leo's sister, who had grown from cute and adorable to cute and sexy since the last time she'd seen her and wasn't shy to show off her charms and appearently her wealth too.

"4k Wendy? What the hell would you need 4k for?", Franka asked as she threw her backpack onto the backseat of the Pinto. She didn't bother putting it in the trunk. She'd use it later as a pillow.

androgial
2016-08-02, 05:17 PM
Wendy glanced over at Leo then looked to the ground. "Leo and Amber's wedding" she mumbled.

Dragonsage
2016-08-02, 07:00 PM
Ken poked his head out of the car upon hearing people talking about having $4k in cash. He raised his brow in confusion while shifting his gaze between people. "Wait...$4 grand?" He starting thinking about the kind of equipment he could buy with that kind of money.

Clearly not hearing Wendy's mumbling from where he was at the moment. "So... this is just a road trip right...we're like not running stuff across state boarders right?" His tone was mostly of a joking manner. "Because while I will try to help you anyway I can, Leo, I think there's a legal limit." Again in a joking tone.

Dudeons
2016-08-03, 12:43 AM
Leo arches an eyebrow at Wendy.

"2000 will be more than fine," Leo says, "We'll have to stop for gas a few times, but that covers everything. Just don't-"

Leo pauses after hearing Ken. He pinches the bridge of his nose, mumbling something incoherent.

"No. No we're not. Let's just go."

With that, Leo gets in his car and starts it. He pulls out his phone, tapping it a few times as he maps the route to White Springs. He plugs the phone into his car charger before setting it in the cupholder.

"Starting route to: White Springs, Missouri," a monotone female voice says.

Checking to make sure everyone's seated, Leo fastens his seat belt before pulling out of the parking spot. He drives onto the road, his phone providing a helpful "Turn right onto Goldsboro Avenue," as he does so. He takes a quick look over his shoulder to ensure his sister's pinto is following.

If you want to have any roleplaying occur before I progress the plot, feel free to do so. You've got 14 hours in a car together. Something's bound to happen. :smallbiggrin:

Zerkai
2016-08-03, 12:56 AM
Sam figures there will be some place to stop for food along the way, so there'll be time to introduce themselves and get to know the guys on the trip. She raised a brow at Wendy's whole 'wedding' comment. She gets in the car, waiting for the other girl to get ready before Wendy took off. She's spend most of her time looking out the window, she wasn't going to smoke in the car, though that started to get on her nerves.

"So... what's Leo's hometown sweetheart? Don't know all that much about her." She asked about an hour into their drive.

Simsimillia
2016-08-03, 04:15 AM
Fortunately for her Franka didn't hear Wendy's mumbled comment about a wedding between Leo and Amber, it would've surely lead to unpleasent drama. Instead she flopped onto the backseat of the Pinto and made herself comfortable there, while introducing herself properly to the tall girl that hadn't been blessed with beauty and paled even to Franka.
"Name's Franka, if ya need something, a cig, a spliff, just ask."

As they drove Franka was usually dozing away half-awake for most of the time. She never was good at sleeping in a car. When Sam asked about Amber, Franka sat up from her half prone position on the backseat and listened in to what Wendy would have to say, keeping her own mouth shut for the moment. She had a tendency to stumble over her own words when talking about Amber sometimes.

androgial
2016-08-03, 12:33 PM
removed for edit see new post

Dragonsage
2016-08-03, 02:46 PM
After a few minutes into the drive, Ken powers on his camera and starts recording. He first point at the camera at himself. "Yo Ken here on a road trip with pals on the first day of spring break! I will be chronicling our adventures." He then tries to angle the camera to get a view of the pinto behind them. "Ladies are riding in the car behind us, so we'll meet them later. For now though let's meet the other dudes." He then points the camera at each of the guys for an interview-esque introduction.

gremlin-pult
2016-08-03, 03:15 PM
Leif's first reaction to suddenly being put on the spot was to stare at the camera like a deer caught in headlights. After a moment, however, he coughed nervously and smiled. "Uhm, hi. I'm Leif. I went on this roadtrip because, well, Leo's my friend, and it seemed like he might need someone to support him. Maybe with, I dunno, heavy lifting, or just company, I guess. I liek helping people." He said. After a moment, he added. "Also, I didn't have any plans of my own for the break, and a roadtrip sounded fun. I really only know Leo in this bunch, so it's gonna be tons of fun to get to know them all. er, you all... Uh, Ken I'm not sure how to adress this, should I talk to the camera in a specific way? Don't wanna ruin your video."

Dragonsage
2016-08-03, 04:00 PM
"Naw, don't worry about it." Ken waved his hand in reassurance. "Just be natural. If something something does happen I can fix it in post later."

gremlin-pult
2016-08-03, 04:20 PM
"Oh, ok." Leif visibly relaxed at Ken's reassurance, a smile spreading across his face. "Well then, uh, like I said, I think this is gonna be fun. I've never actually travelled much between the different states. My parents considers travel a luxury that should be enjoyed rarely, to make it more special and memorable. And we've mostly travelled to Sweden, staying with our family over there." He continued, getting more into it as he got warmed up. "So this is gonna be pretty new to me, actually. Now that I think about it, what's your hometown like Leo?"

androgial
2016-08-04, 11:47 AM
Wendy carefully drives behind Leo, obeying all traffic regulations. "Feel free ta smoke iffin ya want, just make sure tha smoke goes out the windows."

After Sam asks Wendy giggles then clears her throat. "Amber is a little bit taller than me but a little bit shorter than Leo. Shes got fiery red hair down to her shoulders. Iffin ya wanna see some one dressed sensible like, she is tha one to look at. She reads alot and wears these cute glasses. She likes ta eat raw fish more than beef. She an Leo been together since afore Franka came to live in town, but ya wouldn't know it. They tried real hard ta keep the relationship all proper and modest. Ya know getting her poppa's permission to go ta dances and all that. High school was when Leo finally asked her poppa for permission ta date. Musta done somethin right by that cuz the mornin he was leavin for college I walked in on em makin out somethin fierce. I been savin up for tha weddin ever since."

Zerkai
2016-08-04, 07:45 PM
Sam nods to Wendy in appreciation of being allowed to smoke in the car, and glancing back at Franka at her offer. "Heh, I'm good, brought three packs, should last me the trip". She smirked a bit as she listened to the girl talking all about Leo's girlfriend, and gave a chuckle when she heard how proper and traditional Leo was with their relationship. She glanced back at Franka for a moment when she head Franka was from the same hometown, leaving her as the odd-girl-out so to speak.

"Well that's nice to hear. Surprised me to high heaven when he told me about his old hometown sweetheart, all this time I was starting to get worried he had lousy taste in women." She joked, then blinked, thinking for a moment. She didn't sense any tension in Wendy's voice so she probably hadn't heard anything. Best to clear things up in case she hears things from any of Leo's other friends.

"Well since the both of you know each other already and how you know Leo is obvious, I should say a bit about myself... I guess. I'm twenty-nine years old, my major is Theater Arts, and anything you heard on campus about is a lot of hooey. We only make music in the literal sense. Leo's a sweet guy and all, but..." She trailed off as she rolled down her window and pulled out a cigarette to light up.

Dudeons
2016-08-05, 08:56 AM
Leo pauses for a moment to muse over Leif's question.

"White Springs is kind of a mid-sized town. I know most people are expecting a few farmhouses and a well when they think of a town in Missouri, but it's definitely more than that. My family lives in a little neighborhood out of town, so I mostly know the area around my high school and my church. I'll show you around sometime during the break."

Simsimillia
2016-08-05, 04:47 PM
Franka listened carefully when Wendy talked about Amber. She could've added some more details about Amber that Wendy had left out, most likely because she saw Leo's girlfriend a lot different than Franka did. But she stayed silent, noone had to know how much she loved the sound of Amber laughing, the way her head turned red when she was embarassed or how her brows furrowed when she was angry. She could ramble on and on about how and what she loved about Amber, but instead she pulled out a picture out of her wallet and showed it to Sam. It was of her and Amber with arms wrapped around each other's shoulders. A lake could be seen in the background and the scenery was lit by the gold of a late afternoon summer.

"That's me and Amber, Leo took that shot the summer before we left for College."

Keeping actual pictures on paper and carrying them around in your wallet was somewhat oldschool in a day and age where everyone and their dog had a smartphone, but Franka loved that picture. She had often imagined how she and Amber where a couple in it. A thought which made the idea of Leo and Amber actually marrying all the worse. She hoped it was just wishful thinking on Wendy's part. Leo had never mentioned a proposal or engagement or anything of that kind or had she missed something? Ever since she had dropped out she had been a bit out of the loop on some things.

Franka raised a curious eyebrow at Sam, when she told them about some rumours that were appearently going on about her and Leo. "...but he ain't your type?", Franka completed Sam's sentence and winked at her.

Zerkai
2016-08-06, 07:54 AM
Sam blinked as she was shown a photograph, looking at the photo of Franka and Amber curiously, it was interesting to see someone else that carried around old photos. It was a good shot and this Amber girl looked nice at least. She raised a brow as the rocker gal spoke up after she had trailed off, eyes narrowing slightly at the wink. She decided not to comment on what Franka was implying about her, the woman wearing flannel with no makeup on.

"That's not it, in fact he's too damn good to be true most of the time, like the opposite of my Ex or his 'Good Twin'. Doesn't push, doesn't try and 'fix' me and my habits, good musician, and he likes my cooking." She said offhandedly as she blew a puff of smoke out the window, only to tense up a little as she realized that last part might have sounded a little bad.

"Uh... anyway, chief thing is I ain't looking for a relationship with anyone, anytime soon. He's a good friend, and one of the few people I consider a friend."

androgial
2016-08-06, 11:33 AM
Wendy throws a quick surprised glance at Sam. "You know how to cook? Err I mean I haven't really spent much time in the kitchen what with practice and all. Whats your best dish?"

Zerkai
2016-08-06, 04:34 PM
Sam turns her attention back to Wendy for a moment, well at least it was 'You can cook!?' and not 'You had a boyfriend!?'.

"Hm... well aside from all the baked stuff, I'd say maybe Omurice. Eastern dish, a stiry fry of rice, chicken, and onion in ketchup and soy sauce. It dies the chicken and rice pink with the right ketchup, add some finely chopped carrots and corn, or whatever vegetables you want, then make it the filling for an omelette. And put ketchup on it if you want I guess." She'd look around for a moment, thinking as she flicks her cig out the window.

"Though I guess that's just what I like best of the things I make that's not my homemade onion rings."

INoKnowNames
2016-08-06, 08:28 PM
Daniel is initially awkward, and entirely silent, when the camera is brought out. He allows it to pass over himself and onto the others, when an idea hits him! Ruffling through his personal 'carry on', he connects one of his music playing devices to the speakers of his laptop, and after a moment, selects something both upbeat and exciting (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG76TYOQ_08). A big grin on his face, he pretends to DJ at his device. "Yo, Leo!" he calls out. "Once everyone's all settled in and meet up, think it'd be inappropriate to either start or end the trip with a party? Just to put a nice point on the start of things, or to end it with a nice blast!"

Simsimillia
2016-08-07, 03:45 AM
Seeing Sam smoke made Franka want to smoke too and so she started rolling, just a cigarette for the time beeing, while listening to the conversation.

"Sounds delish Sam, I'm happy I know how to make me some noodles or a simple soup...not that I actually bother to do that often."

By now she had finished her roll-up and lit it, taking a few drags.

"Regarding your Ex, I'd imagine that'd suck. Don't have much experience with boyfriends though. Wendy...what about you? Found someone yet?"

gremlin-pult
2016-08-07, 09:15 AM
Daniel is initially awkward, and entirely silent, when the camera is brought out. He allows it to pass over himself and onto the others, when an idea hits him! Ruffling through his personal 'carry on', he connects one of his music playing devices to the speakers of his laptop, and after a moment, selects something both upbeat and exciting (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG76TYOQ_08). A big grin on his face, he pretends to DJ at his device. "Yo, Leo!" he calls out. "Once everyone's all settled in and meet up, think it'd be inappropriate to either start or end the trip with a party? Just to put a nice point on the start of things, or to end it with a nice blast!"

Leif was startled when the music suddenly started, but it quickly turned into a smile as he wagged back and forth slightly in time with the music. "A party sounds like fun. But why choose between the start and the end? Why not both?" He asked.
His family may not be the most well travelled, but few loved parties more than them. They had parties after almost anything, even sad affairs. Birthdays where celebrated. Holidays where celebrated. Funerals where celebrated after the burial, to give the dead a proper send off. So Leif appreciated a good party. More were even better.

androgial
2016-08-07, 04:46 PM
Nah. Boyfriends aren't on my to do list until after I can no longer compete. School work and practice takes up my time. Gymnastics ain't exactly easy ya know. I guees that just means I ain't ready for a Brad Pitt though...maybe.

Dragonsage
2016-08-07, 05:03 PM
"Totally agree." Ken starts bobbing his head to the music. "This whole Trip can be one big party!...You know other than important family stuff you might have to do first...But other than that, party!"

INoKnowNames
2016-08-08, 04:55 AM
"Depends on what all goes on, right Leo?" Daniel replies, as he scrolls through his devices and files, looking at choices for additional musics and movies to enjoy. "Maybe could even set up something fun at the church if they don't mind it. Hopefully none of the girls would mind it, either; wonder if any of them might like to party..."

Zerkai
2016-08-09, 01:34 AM
Sam smirks a bit as she looks back and sees the other girl rolling up. She decides not to pull out another, the one she just finished was enough... for now. "Well I ended up cooking for myself a lot of the time, can't get takeout or go to a diner every time... gotta learn to make stuff for you, tings you like, then just branch out from there."

She listened to Wendy and couldn't help but raise her brow at the 'Ain't ready for a Brad Pitt' comment. Then again the girl was a knockout, so who knew? She pulls out her phone to look through things now as they drove. "So anything I should know about the family or neighborhood?"

Simsimillia
2016-08-11, 03:10 AM
Franka had a hard time buying that Wendy had really no interest in someone. She'd always be stunning, even when dressed up in a garbage workers garb, but even the way she dressed caught attention. A part of her wanted to ride the topic a bit more, but maybe it was better to let it be for a while, it would surely come up again.

As an answer to Sam's question Franka shrugged before answering, "White Spring's kinda boring, and Wendy should talk about her parents, but mine...well my dad's dead and my mum married my uncle. We're not on the best of terms, specially not since I dropped out and went on bartending."

androgial
2016-08-11, 12:29 PM
Wendy looks thoughtful for a few minutes before speaking up. "Ma runs the house. Everyone helps with the house chores, no exceptions not even pa. Pa runs the life outside the house. Boys do heavy lifting labor tasks, girls do light lifting labor tasks. Church on Sundays. You might see a group of girls walking along and chatting, but if you look closely they ain't alone. There is always a male of one of the girls family watching out for em. A bit old fashioned but it works well. Ya don't ask a girl anywhere in Missouri without askin her pa first for permission. Also don't say you can do something if ya can't do it. We got a sayin here, show me. It means you got to prove your capable of doing what ya say, and the fastest way to prove it is to do it. That is pretty much the way things work, at least in White Springs....as far as I know."

Simsimillia
2016-08-12, 06:33 PM
"Yeah, right", Franka said and scoffed before flipping her cigarette out the window, "there's a reason I never liked it there. You see Sam, I never really fit in. Not that I wanted to."

Zerkai
2016-08-13, 04:43 AM
Sam looked back at Franka as she talked about her old hometown, frowning a bit as she listened to her talk about her parents and how she dropped out. "Figures... parents can be a pain in the ass and then some. At least from what I've heard. I was raised by a pack of cigarettes myself." She said with a small smirk after her deadpan delivery

The smirk quickly fades as Wendy talks about White Springs and how things worked there. There wasn't much of what she heard that she liked, save for showing what you can do by doing it. She did not like the idea of a town full of people judging her crap, but it as too late to bail out of the moving car at this point. Though maybe if there were old-fashioned enough no one would get on her case about the smoking at least. And she figured packing a suit was a smart move given they might be going to church.

"It's pretty hard to find a place to fit in if you're... different. Whether it's a town, a school, or a band. Can barely tolerate this $#%@ campus myself, soon as I can I'm leaving, heading to New York. Won't charge a lot of the problems but it's where I'll be."

gremlin-pult
2016-08-13, 06:41 AM
"Depends on what all goes on, right Leo?" Daniel replies, as he scrolls through his devices and files, looking at choices for additional musics and movies to enjoy. "Maybe could even set up something fun at the church if they don't mind it. Hopefully none of the girls would mind it, either; wonder if any of them might like to party..."

"A party at the church!? Uhm, are you sure that's a good idea." Leif asked, a bit worried. "I haven't been out and about much, but aren't people in towns really protective and finicky about their churches? I'm not sure whether that would win us any friends... Unless it was a jazz gospel thing we arranged. I went to a jazz gospel concert in a church once. It was really cool."
He continued, smiling at the memory.
"I dunno about the girls likes, though. I don't really know any of them. I mean, I've seen that one girl, Sam, hanging around with you Leo, but uhh... I'm honestly a bit scared of her. No offense, but I just can't shake the feeling that if I talked to her she'd say something hurtful back to me."

Dudeons
2016-08-15, 10:41 AM
Leo keeps most of his focus on the road, but he visibly mulls over the concept of partying at the church.

"Well, as long as you don't do anything crazy they probably won't mind," Leo says, "I'm tight with the youth minister. We could rent out the youth center for a night or something when nothing's going on in the church."

He smiles as he continues listening to Leif, as though recalling some strangely amusing incident from the past.

"Talking with Sam is just something you have to learn," Leo says, "She's nice enough in her own way, but you've gotta earn it first. If she says something mean, just play off of it, like Eminem in 8 Mile. If you get uptight about it, then she just thinks you're oversensitive."

After a few hours pass, Leo's phone shows you getting close to the western border of North Carolina. At this point, it's about 12:30.

"Alright guys," Leo says, "How does lunch sound right around now? See any place that looks good?"

Simsimillia
2016-08-18, 03:50 AM
Franka began to like the taller woman quite a bit. Sam was rough around the edges, but not that different from herself, she liked it.

"New York, yeah New York sounds cool. Then again I wouldn't really know what to do there with myself either. Here in $#%@ Bronzbur I at least got my bussiness down and get by. You play music with Leo right? What do you play...or listen to?"

Zerkai
2016-08-18, 05:40 AM
Sam glances back at the punk gal as she asked about her music, glancing up in thought. "Huh... well in my old ex's band, we played a lot of Hard Rock... for Leo we play some softer stuff and some country. Though to be honest I'm majoring in Theatre arts, musicals and plays are where my heart is, being an actress."

She raised a hand with a low chuckle. "Course I don't have aspirations of being a pretty starlet in TV and Movies, but you don't need a pretty face for a role on stage... though I AM in the spotlight I'm in a man's role... in high school anyway. Played Edmond Dantes in Count of Monte Cristo in my senior year."

androgial
2016-08-18, 11:50 AM
Wendy looks a little shocked by Sam's recent revelation. "OOoooh, an actress. Let me guess. First time you met Leo he gave a sermon about keeping the temple of your body clean or something.And now it is usually the first things out of his mouth. That means he considers you a friend you know. He don't keep the same sermon for people he don't consider friends. I think he wants to be a pastor, so take his sermons in stride. It's about lunchtime, see anyplace you want to eat at?"

INoKnowNames
2016-08-18, 04:57 PM
"Not to be too stereotypical", Daniel pips up "but if you see any place that has good Baked or Fried Chicken, I'll buy for all 7 of us!" Though a bit sheepish, he couldn't quite suppress a grin. "Well, I'd be willing to shell out for us anywhere, but I -really- wouldn't mind that crispy flavor right now, Mmm-mmm-mmm!"

Probably a bit of a faux-paw to continue a conversation that's been written to be 3 hours old, right?

Wonder if we'll all be roleplaying together soon...

gremlin-pult
2016-08-18, 04:57 PM
"Lunch sounds great!" Leif exclaimed, all smiles. He'd not had his usual large breakfast that morning, being a bit too nervous at the prospect of meeting new people to have much of an appetite. He'd only had room for two servings of bacon, eggs and oatmeal.
"Oh, that reminds me, I uhm..." He continued, a bit bashfully. "...I got a whole bag of home made cookies I brought, for sharing. My mom made a whole boatload when she heard I was going on a roadtrip with friends. You know how it is, right? hehe..." He laughed nervously, not sure if other parents did stuff like that. His mom had always said that the best way to foster good relationships with people was to share good food with them. Leif didn't disagree with that, but was uncertain if others would find that silly.

Dragonsage
2016-08-18, 09:28 PM
Ken's mouth started watering at the mention of fried chicken. "Aww man, I could really go for some fried chicken right now!" He exclaimed...Skipping breakfast on the day you start a road trip probably isn't the brightest idea...

Zerkai
2016-08-19, 10:38 AM
Sam rolled her eyes ate Wendy's questions, pulling out a cig and lighting up again. "He did, for all the good it did him, but he knows not to push, and I can't say that about a lot of people." She takes a drag of her cigarette, blowing it out the window before waving her other hand. "Eh... I'm good for just about anything really, don't care where we stop to eat."

Simsimillia
2016-08-24, 07:09 PM
Franka rolled her eyes, she knew of Leo's sermons and had heard quite a few of them. They had drifted apart from each other since she dropped out. She wasn't even sure, if Leo knew what she was exactly doing in that bar, other than mixing cocktails. Probs not, or he still thought he could "save her soul".

"I'm ok, with eating wherever, as long as I don't have to blow a fortune."

androgial
2016-08-25, 11:58 AM
Wendy looked thoughtful for a few minutes. "Well then. If either of you have a cell phone why don't ya text Leo with the word Crackerbarrel. Don't worry I got the tab on this one.

Zerkai
2016-08-28, 12:41 PM
Sam gives a small shrug as she pulls out her cell, sending a text message to Leo. {Getting around lunch time, sister suggested 'Crackerbarrel'. You doing alright?}

Dudeons
2016-08-28, 01:33 PM
Leo looks down for a moment as his phone buzzes, quickly scanning the text notification.

"Getting around lunch time, sister suggested Cracker Barrel," he reads out loud, "Of course she did. Can't get more rural than that."

He looks back to the road.

"Hey Ken? Can you text back and say 'We're gonna pull over and figure something out,'? The password is 'Ecclesiastes'"

With that, Leo pulls over into a nearby parking lot, looking behind him to see if the girls follow suit.

Ken: Make a Simple Intelligence roll to see if you can spell 'Ecclesiastes'.

gremlin-pult
2016-08-28, 02:35 PM
When the car had pulled over, Leif wasted no time in getting out and stretching his legs and back. There really where few cars made with someone his size in mind. He preferred travelling by train or bus. As his shoulders joints popped from stretching his muscular arms above his head, he groaned happily. He was gonna have to go for a jog when they arrived, to work the kinks out of his body.
Afterwards he pulled his phone out and sent a quick text to his mom, telling her that he was okay and the trip was fun so far. That was something she had insisted on, since this was his first long trip without any family. How a woman who only reached up to the middle of his stomach could still think of him as her little boy, he could never understand. It was nice that she cared, though.
"So, what's Cracker Barrel?" He asked Leo after putting his phone away. ​"Is it like a steakhouse or something?"

Dragonsage
2016-08-29, 10:17 PM
"Will do," Ken places the camera in his lap for a moment while he takes Leo's phone so that he can reply while Leo focuses on driving and not getting everyone killed.

"Lets see now, Ecclesiastes" He gives an honest attempt to spell the password, if successful he'll shoot a reply text as requested.

[roll0]

androgial
2016-08-31, 11:22 AM
Wendy does indeed follow Leo, though, without the text message she does not know why they are stopping.

INoKnowNames
2016-09-03, 05:58 AM
"It's a southern style restraunt. One of those 'comfort of home' style places." Daniel smiles at Leo while exiting the car, more than happy to share what little after trying one of his mother's cookies. "You can get a pretty decent blend of food at them, including pretty decent chicken and steak, as well as both healthy food and decent breakfast. And the knickknacks in the shop are actually a little interesting; I like some of the music you can find."

As the other half of their group draws closer, Daniel waves them down. "So you guys decided you want to eat at a Cracker Barrel? I was just telling the guys I actually wouldn't mind paying for us, if no one objected..." he says, a little sheepishly.

Zerkai
2016-09-03, 03:18 PM
Sam stepped out of the car once Wendy pulled in after the guys, finding her smoke out of the car as she leaned on it. The watched the guys with a mostly disinterested expression. "Anything's fine really, s'long as we eat."Then she blinked, pulling out her cellphone for a moment. She pushes off the car to walk away from the others a bit to answer her phone.

Simsimillia
2016-09-03, 04:22 PM
Franka followed the other girls out of the car and stretched herself a bit.

"Yo, Wendy if you want I can drive for a bit too after break. Think I've rested enough now."

At the suggestion of one of the boys, Franka thought the he was called Daniel or David or something, Franka raised an eyebrow.

"What the ****? You guys all got too much money or what? First Wendy now you?"

INoKnowNames
2016-09-09, 03:27 PM
"I mean, it's not that. Far from it, actually...." he replies. "In fact, kinda the opposite... just have some savings for stuff like this, built up from what I could scrounge up from work... just thought it'd be nice to offer to pitch in..."

gremlin-pult
2016-09-10, 06:59 AM
"Well, it IS a really nice offer." Leif pitched in, tentatively seeking to support his new aquaintance against the girls who apparently took offense from... People having money?
"And I for one will gladly take you up on it. It's like my grandpa always said: Be nice to others, and NEVER turn down free food." ​He added sagely.

androgial
2016-09-10, 12:43 PM
Wendy gets out of the car and waits for Leo. While she waits she does her normal stretching routine for gymnastics..... are girls really supposed to bend like that? "Say what ya want, but I got a hankering fer some fried okra. I only offered ta pay cuz I know Franka."

Dragonsage
2016-09-17, 06:52 PM
"Well if it makes you feel better, i'm not rich." Ken Chimed into the conversation as he got out of the passenger seat. "Oh be the way, filming this trip." He holds up this camera to the girls.

Sorry about my silence. school started up and ate up most of my time...and the remaining time was dealing with stress and a minor bout with depression.

Simsimillia
2016-09-18, 06:25 PM
"Hey, don't take this the wrong way", Franka said while rolling her eyes in her mind...some people were just way too senstive.

"I appreciate the offer and I'll share my stuff with you if you want."

She had her doubts that any of Leo's goody-two-shoe friends would be interested in her "stuff" if they knew what it was, well maybe Sam. Still she'd be happy to share later.

Zerkai
2016-09-20, 09:20 AM
Sam returns after dealing with her call, pressing a button on the phone to hang up as she came back to the old car. "Free food is free food, ye-" She paused, watching Wendy stretching, then she sees Ken holding up his phone to record, and she narrows her eyes at him as she pulls out another cig and lights up.

Dragonsage
2016-09-20, 11:03 AM
Ken narrows his eye when he notices Sam's reaction to him announcing that he was recording. He holds up the to show that he hadn't been holding the shot on the girl who had randomly decided to do gymnastics stretches and infact been panning. He then mutters an annoyed grunt in vietnamese about being accused of being a pervert.