PDA

View Full Version : DM Help How do you visually describe Green-Flame Blade and Booming Blade?

DragonSorcererX
2016-07-31, 07:25 PM
As the title says, how do you visually describe Green-Flame Blade and Booming Blade (especially the 1st level version)?

RickAllison
2016-07-31, 07:58 PM
I have had two PCs who have used these, and both instead used a re-typed Violet-Ice Blade. For that one, I flavored it as crystallizing of ice across the blade before the swing (or stab, in the case of my minotaur's horns). The magic then passes through the target as a diamond dust, before coalescing into an ice crystal on the other side that explodes. Yes, it was heavily influenced by Final Fantasy.

Corran
2016-07-31, 08:12 PM
for greenflame blade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0BCdgYgoR0

DragonSorcererX
2016-07-31, 09:15 PM
for greenflame blade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0BCdgYgoR0

This is good but I'm intrigued with the part that says "on a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects,and green fire leaps from the target to a different creatureof your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it", a 1st level Green-Flame Blade doesn't deal Fire damage to the main target... so how? :smallconfused:

RickAllison
2016-07-31, 09:23 PM
That is good but I'm intrigued with the part that says "on a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects,and green fire leaps from the target to a different creatureof your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it", a 1st level Green-Flame Blade doesn't deal Fire damage to the main target... so how? :smallconfused:

"The flame whips around the enemy, singing the target behind it."

It's BB that I have trouble fluffing...

Sir cryosin
2016-07-31, 09:52 PM
"The flame whips around the enemy, singing the target behind it."

It's BB that I have trouble fluffing...

I picture booming blade as a bubble like if you blow bubbles of soup water. There is a sure Marine see-through bubble surrounding the blade when the blade makes contact with another creature the bubble forms of the blade and around the creature and how I visualize the writing effect of booming blade is when the creature moves at pops the bubble causing loud concussion Force.

famousringo
2016-08-01, 02:29 AM
I imagine Booming blade as a giant spectral bell, encapsulating and threatening the target. The victim knows that crossing the ethereal bell could be trouble, and sure enough if the border is crossed, the bell sounds out a tremendous *DONGGGGGG* as if the target's skull was the clapper.