PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Creatures as Improvised Weapons?

thedanster7000
2016-08-01, 03:03 PM
Medium-sized, Strength 22 Tavern Brawler, can he just pick up humans up to his weight limit and treat them as 1d8 improvised weapons that take damage when used to hit something? That's what I came up with and I'm wondering whether there's something official/better out there.

Gildedragon
2016-08-02, 11:25 AM
Why would they take damage from being used as weapons when no other improvised weapon does?

thedanster7000
2016-08-02, 11:54 AM
Why would they take damage from being used as weapons when no other improvised weapon does?
That wasn't a rule-based decision so much as a they're-both-humanoids-experiencing-the-same-force inference.

Gildedragon
2016-08-02, 12:16 PM
That wasn't a rule-based decision so much as a they're-both-humanoids-experiencing-the-same-force inference.

That force isn't a thing in dnd. You don't blunt an intelligent (steel) sword by attacking an adamantine golem and both are constructs

Psyren
2016-08-02, 12:20 PM
As written no, you cannot do this.

Improvised Weapons

Sometimes objects not crafted to be weapons nonetheless see use in combat. Because such objects are not designed for this use, any creature that uses an improvised weapon in combat is considered to be nonproficient with it and takes a –4 penalty on attack rolls made with that object.

Improvised Weapons are always objects, not creatures. Your tavern brawler could attack someone with a corpse this way, but not with a living (or even just animated) creature.

thedanster7000
2016-08-02, 01:06 PM
As written no, you cannot do this.

Improvised Weapons are always objects, not creatures. Your tavern brawler could attack someone with a corpse this way, but not with a living (or even just animated) creature.

Meh, seems to keep with the effect we're going for. So would a human be a d8?

Psyren
2016-08-02, 02:26 PM
Whatever you want it to be.

thedanster7000
2016-08-02, 04:26 PM
Whatever you want it to be.
Yeah, I'm just wondering which weapon it resembles best rules-wise, I'm thinking d8 because it would be large, but not really stiff or deisgned for impact.

Stewzors
2016-08-03, 03:40 AM
The body bludgeon PF Barb Rage power might help with ideas?

The text states the damage by creature size as Tiny = d6, small = d8 and normal = d10. Also, the creature being used as the weapon takes dmg equal to the damage done, becoming useless as a weapon at 0hp.

Source : http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo---rage-powers/body-bludgeon-ex

Seppo87
2016-08-03, 04:52 AM

The text states the damage by creature size as Tiny = d6, small = d8 and normal = d10. Also, the creature being used as the weapon takes dmg equal to the damage done, becoming useless as a weapon at 0hp.

Source : http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo---rage-powers/body-bludgeon-ex

Is there a 3.5 equivalent? I need it for a certain build... :smallbiggrin:

thedanster7000
2016-08-03, 06:14 AM

Thanks! Since this actually exists I'll only let him use unconcious/dead people as weapons until he gets this power.

EDIT: Saw useless at 0 HP... maybe if they're helpless or couldn't fight back.