PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Colonialism IC

Talore
2016-08-01, 03:21 PM
The clanging of the Eternal Vanguard's bell rouses our protagonists from their individual activities. Above decks, the caravan master Othrilid Nurshasdos stands near the bell, expectantly. While the ship is docking, he gives his mercenary guards a run-down of the situation.

"Right," he snorts, "This is Girderport!" He motions over his shoulder to the somewhat large - if dingy and unassuming - port town behind him.

"This is the gateway to a new world! But for now, it's where we unload the caravan and stock up on fresh supplies. Omotherar is still a few days away, so don't get excited just yet! The settlers will handle the unloading, and I'll see to the supplies myself, so you've no immediate duties. Just don't run too far, and be back to the dock by the sun's zenith."

For reference, the party has roughly two hours until the sun reaches that position - to do what they will.

"Any questions?"

Woggle
2016-08-01, 04:14 PM
The timtilik, Kelkara Tannen, awakens from a light nap to the sound of the ship's bell being rung. She runs a hand through her short, chestnut hair, and gets to her feet. "Relax, Al. Wait here." She says to her large-footed hound, then makes her way above decks.

She listens attentively to Othrilid's instructions, and greets the two Spaugrifne, and Avuzid mercenaries warmly as they gather. When Othrilid is done, she pipes up, in somewhat accented Romekothian: "What's the route to Ometherar like? How rough's the road?"

Tsunamiatunzen1
2016-08-01, 06:45 PM
Diedre groans as the bells toll and puts her pillow over her ears and shouts back at the bell underneath the covers.
"I can't sleep in anywhere can I?! If it's not the flea-bitten village rooster, it's some crackpot bell that would do better as a paper weight!"
Eventually she gets up and prepares to go to the docks all the while grumbling threats the creator of the bell.
As she straightens out her tunic and brushes her long, red hair she continues to complain in her head.
I really don't see why Othrilid had me come here. I could have just have easily met these slowpokes at the fortress itself.
She looks herself over after tying her hair into a high ponytail and decides it best to take the time to bring her combat equipment and leaves her quarters when she has finished.
I don't know what impressed him, but I don't want anyone getting ideas that I'm just another pretty face around here.

The briefing doesn't really interest her and it isn't until Kelkara greets her that she brightens up.
"Hey there! How've you and the hound been! I hope you've been treating him nice!"
She grins her usual shark-grin and playfully ruffles their hair no matter the protest. Perhaps she is a little too casual with this, but she'd grown to like the small folk on her travels. She continues in Romekothian.
"The road? Beats me, I've only been out of the forests once and that was to drag my cousin back home. It's how I got landed working for this guy."
She jerks her head to indicate Othrilid with a rather disgruntled.
"But he helped the kid out and I don't think the road can be that rough. Besides, if it is-"
She gives a barking laugh and pounds her own armor.
"-I'll take care of ya!"

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2016-08-01, 09:19 PM
Belphanta

Belphanta winced at the sound of the bell. Loud noises had always bothered her. She returns Kelkara greeting "Hello."

After a few minutes, she threw a mock salute at Othrilid and gave him a warm smile. "No questions here, sir." While she disliked the noise, bustle and smells of cities, Belphanta had to admit they had their advantages.

"I think I'm going to get a quick bath in and possibly some food that isn't pickled or stored in salt. Red meat for sure, a large steak perhaps. Heck maybe a glass or two of wine...." she all but whispered. She set off into town on the 'hunt' for an Inn or tavern that would meet her immediate needs. She didn't ask for company but didn't discourage any either and left the rest of the guards to decide for themselves if they wanted to join her or do something else.

Her feet made barely any noise as she padded away in near silence like a sleek five foot tall panther.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2016-08-01, 09:53 PM
Diedre's mouth begins to water as the other Spaugrifne described the meal.
"Oh... that actually sounds really good right about now! Maybe not the wine though. Hey, whatsyourname? Mind if I tag along? Kelkera! You're coming too right? Right! Onward!"
She makes a grab at Kelkera and begins a mad dash towards the town. Diedre moves surprisingly fast despite the breastplate's somewhat restricted movements and looks as if she did this quite often.

boj0
2016-08-02, 10:16 AM
Konidurr wakes up with a snort and grumble at the bell, with a big yawn he scratches the head of the badger who accompanies him.

After listening to Orthilid go on about his business, Konidurr gives Badger a look and says, "So don't try eating nothin' that aint yours."

The badger looks at him quizzically, and yawns. Konidurr realizes that 2 hours isn't much time to get out of civilization and back, so he resigns to meditation in the quietest spot he can find.

Woggle
2016-08-02, 02:14 PM
The briefing doesn't really interest her and it isn't until Kelkara greets her that she brightens up.
"Hey there! How've you and the hound been! I hope you've been treating him nice!"
She grins her usual shark-grin and playfully ruffles their hair no matter the protest. Perhaps she is a little too casual with this, but she'd grown to like the small folk on her travels.

Kelkara smiles and nods emphatically. "Of course! I wouldn't be standing here if it weren't for him. He'll be glad to be off the boat though, I'm sure." She listen's to Diedre answer, thinking for a moment.

That moment is brief, however, as Kelkara is practically yanked off her feet by the excited spaugrifne, and it's all Kelkara can do to stay on her feet, letting out an "Oi!" of protest. Concerned at the prospect of heading into the city without Al, she whistles sharply as she does her best to try and keep up with Diedre. A few seconds later, her hound, Albaroth, bounds after them, quickly closing the distance.

Talore
2016-08-03, 02:20 PM
The Eternal Vanguard

Othrilid nods to Kelkara, approving of her question. "Good thing you asked. We're mostly uphill from here on out, and stretches of rocky striations will break up the pine forest. From what I hear, the road can barely be called as such, but there's enough wear that we shouldn't have any problems following it."

Seeing that nobody else has questions, he starts coordinating with the settlers and the dockhands for the unloading.

Girderport

As the ladies run into the town proper, the very first intersection seems to bear some fresh fruit. Passing a few warehouses and a docking authority, this junction seems to have a general store, a tavern, a fishmonger, and an inn. The Spaugrifne get a few dirty looks from what few townsfolk the party can see; mostly Cerkan and Yathuk.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2016-08-03, 02:59 PM
Diedre is quite oblivious to the looks when she spots the fruit.
"Oh! I could really use a big, juicy apple right about now!"
Relinquishing her grip on Kelkera, she goes to the fruit stand and buys a few apples, not really bothering to haggle much. Her craving for savoring sweet fruit has overridden any reasoning that might still exist in her skull.
After purchasing the apples, she offers one to each of the others with that grin of hers.
"So, where's that tavern you wanted to go to?"

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2016-08-03, 04:19 PM
Belphanta

Belphanta turns down the fruit with a wrinkled nose. "No thanks. Dunno, I only passed through here once before and it was dark and rainy." She shrugged. She waits for the rest to keep up before continuing.

Belphanta returns some of the dirty looks out of habit and lets her hands wander towards the sword on her hip.

"Ah here we are." she says as finds the Inn. Entering the Inn, Belphanta waits her turn. "I'd like a warm bath and some hot food and a drink brought to me. I'll be staying about 90 minutes - please and thank you. " Her voice was clear but barely above a whisper.

To help smooth over any objections over her heritage, she places a generous amount of coins on the counter to help bypass any unpleasantness. Time was short after all.

Talore
2016-08-04, 09:02 PM
The fruit seller, a wrinkled Cerkan woman, takes three silver coins in exchange for three apples. She seems hesitant, but accepts the money.

The innkeeper sneers at Belphanta, not nearly so receptive. The Yathuk is dressed in a frumpy coat, though it doesn't quite fit him. He explains, "We don't have a bath. And our food is all plant-based. You'll need to go somewhere else, forest-dweller."

DC 10 Sense Motive check shows that he is being dishonest.

Woggle
2016-08-06, 10:17 AM
Kelkara does her best to keep up with the two Spaugrifne. She munches on the proffered apple, and tells Albaroth to wait by the door when they reach the tavern. She gives her hound a reassuring pat. After entering, she waits behind Belphanta and Diedre, looking about casually, and trying to decide whether or not she'd actually like something to drink. The bartender's rudeness perks up her interest, but she doesn't say anything yet.

Animal Handling check to get Albaroth to wait for Kelkara. Trick = Stay.

[roll0]

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2016-08-06, 01:05 PM
Belphanta

"Oh how odd, a vegetarian Inn. My mistake." Belphanta says taken aback, missing any subtly from the inn keeper.

[roll0]

Tsunamiatunzen1
2016-08-06, 01:58 PM
Sense Motive:[roll0]
Spot to see something to support her argument: [roll1]
Usually Diedre would let this go as a minor inconvenience. Today, she had hungry friends following her around. (That's what she thought anyways.)
So she was going to push the matter a bit.
She gave a wide grin and threw her hands out in a friendly gesture to show no ill-will.
"Aaaaww come on! There's gotta be something to eat that got some fat around here! I wouldn't mind a salad or a carrot myself, but we've been travelling for a while. Those two just got off the boat and probably need a nice fat, juicy boar to feel alive again! Besides, it wouldn't do for a gentleman such as yourself to turn away three ladies looking to have a good meal now would it? Our coin is just as good."
Intimidate:[roll2]
She'd had enough of this pompous jerk. Her grin remained the same, but it took on a sinister look as she glared at the innkeeper.
"Look bub, I don't know what you have against her but it better be good cause I'm blasted hungry. Plus, I'm sure I could find someone else who would take us and put you out of business fast when I tell them about your 'vegetarian-only' inn."

boj0
2016-08-09, 05:01 PM
After roughly 30-45 minutes of resting in a quiet spot, Konidurr will make his way back over to where the group is stationed and see if anyone needs help with anything.

Talore
2016-08-11, 12:00 AM
The innkeeper growls at the sight of another Spaugrifne, and this one giving him attitude. "There will be no service for any of you daft, murderous knife-ears!" His shout was enough to make his facial hair quiver, and certainly audible from across the street.

At Deidre's retort, he spits. "Ha! Go right ahead, knife-ear! You'll be lucky if you get any service in Girderport with your peoples' reputation!"

One of the town guards stops his patrol, watching the inn while keeping his distance.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2016-08-11, 12:26 AM
Diedre was about to snap if something didn't happen soon. Her voice became quiet and menacing.
"Let me tell you a little bit about the 'knife-ears' little man. It's not easy living in your own home and being afraid of eating what's just outside on the tree when you've got a wrathful crackpot in the sky ready to rip your mind out and turn your insides into mush. I don't know what the other elves did to you, but you better keep hoping they've a better temper than I do the next time they come around here."

She walks away with the others but continues to go on and on about the innkeeper.
Anyone she passes that seems to be coming to the inn is warned of the dietary selection.
"I wouldn't go in there if you want a good pig on a stick. It's a vegetarian-only inn."
Her emphasis is accompanied by a mocking face and her best impersonation of the innkeeper.

Woggle
2016-08-11, 01:05 PM
With the dispute between the Diedre and the yathuk barkeep becoming more and more heated, Kelkara steps forward and places a hand gently but firmly on Diedre's arm. "Diedre, I think it's best if we just leave. This isn't worth our time, and the last thing we want is to be part of some sort of scuffle. Just look forward to the meals we'll have once we reach Omotherar!" Kelkara says reassuringly. She tries to gently steer Diedre toward the door, calling Al to her side when they exit the tavern. "Where to now? We still have some time before we need to be back to the Eternal Vanguard."

Handle Animal (not sure if its really needed, but regardless.)
[roll0]

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2016-08-11, 05:56 PM
Belphanta

"Ooh" Belphanta says as it finally clicks to her what is actually going on.

"As much as I'd like to burn the place down, we don't have the time or inclination. We should just move on. Master Othrilid would frown on us destroying half the city and desecrating all the bodies . We are in his employ and sadly we need to conduct ourselves as such." Belphanta says and tries to gently lead Diedre away. "Don't ever stray from the city, you little runt, if you know what's good for you." she whispers to the Innkeeper as she leaves.

Belphanta puts up her hood and makes her way to the tavern across the way to try and secure a meal there.

Talore
2016-08-14, 11:18 PM
In Town

The tavern, Olivson's Hook, is dingly and ill-lit. There is a pervading smell of fish, and at this early hour there's only a handful of customers. It would appear that the Spaugrifne members of the party have drawn no ill-will in this establishment. The proprietor is an overweight Cerkan man, with an incredibly greasy apron hanging from his neck.

With a booming voice, he asks, "Ale, fish, or both?" Above his head you notice a ratty wooden board. There is a crude painted picture of a fish, a tankard, and a fish inside of a tankard. Next to each image is a depiction of the coinage needed for each option - 8cp, 5cp, and 1sp respectively.

The Eternal Vanguard

Konidurr hears a tremendous shattering noise originating from the dock, followed by shouting.

boj0
2016-08-15, 07:52 AM
Konidurr goes to investigate

Woggle
2016-08-15, 08:19 AM
Kelkara pulls a strip of jerky from a pocket, handing it to Al with instructions to wait outside.

Kelkara approaches the bar with a smile, happy to be in a less hostile establishment even if it does smell of fish. "Just an ale for me, thanks," she says, addressing the cerkan proprietor. Once she has her ale, she moves to a free table and stretches out in a chair, slowly enjoying the drink.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2016-08-15, 10:11 AM
Diedre huffs a bit as she releases her frustration.
"Just the fish. I'm just glad this isn't that 'vegetarian-only' inn."
After receiving her meal, she dines on it with gusto, hardly bothering to stop for a breath.

Talore
2016-08-17, 04:28 AM
The Docks

Korindurr observes that a huge crate was smashed open, and that there are mushrooms floating in the water. The caravan master is furiously shouting at one of the dockhands, and it looks like it could come to blows if nobody steps in.

Olivson's Hook

The barkeep starts laughing deeply when Deidre mentions the inn, his gut moving with his booming voice. "So you 'et Grin'ket, eh? Hahahaaaa!" After giving himself a few seconds to calm down, he continues, "That place isn't a vegeta-whateveryoucallit, he just makes sure all 'a meat comes with plants to drive away you forest-dwellers! Me, I figure yer coin's as good as any, 'long as you make no trouble."

As he sets the fish to fry - in a pot of questionable-looking oil, he continues talking. "You know he's an ill-fit for that place, being an inheritor an' all. Yeah, it was his brother Krin'ket's place, but ol' Krin'ket done an' got hisself murdered by forest-dwellers a few months back. Nobody know 'e circan- circumstase- circumstances, but Grin'ket hates all you people fer it."

After a little more laughing and burning his finger on the wood stove, the barkeep delivers the orders.

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2016-08-17, 02:14 PM
Belphanta

Belphanta graciously takes the fish. She had been hoping for red meat but was content for now. "Thank you." she says to the tavernkeeper.

"I get paid to make trouble." She says with a wink. "However, I'm not on the job right now so I guess your children and womenfolk are safe for now. " Belphanta snickered playfully. "I suspect there will be plenty of trouble to find out there." She waves a fork of fish off in the vague direction the caravan would be traveling in.

She puts down some generous coins on the counter.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2016-08-19, 12:32 AM
Diedre puts down the coin due and shakes her head at the explanation.
"I just wished they wouldn't lump us together that way."
After finishing her meal she goes back to the caravan master with a grin on her face and a good meal in her belly.
"Hey, is the boss here? I hope there wasn't any trouble around here!"
In all honesty, she was fine with trouble as long as no one minded her bashing in someone's head. But what fun would it be to tell anyone about that?

Woggle
2016-08-19, 11:08 AM
Kelkara

Feeling suitably refreshed after the ale, and glad that they were able to find a friendly establishment, Kelkara follows the two Spaugrifne back to the Eternal Vanguard. She leaves two silver coins on the counter, waving to the barkeep as they leave. "Come along, Al." She gives her hound a few scratches behind the ears, looking up at the sun hanging high in the sky.

Turning to Diedre and Belphanta, she asks "You think we'll have any trouble getting to Ometherar?"

Tsunamiatunzen1
2016-08-19, 12:38 PM
Diedre shrugs a bit and puts her hands up. She somewhat resembles a candlestick with her gesture.
"Moss fuzz if I know! But I don't think you'll be in much danger, you little guys are always full of surprises!"
She guffaws at this last comment as she calls out again.
"Hey! I said, where's the boss? I'd like to get this favor paid off sooner rather than later!"

Talore
2016-08-19, 11:09 PM
The Docks

Diedre, Kelkara, and Belphanta come across the same scene that Korindurr is about to react to.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2016-08-20, 12:24 AM
Well somebody likes their mushrooms.
She approaches the caravan master as the shouts rise to an almost deafening din.
"Hey, you need some help getting those out before they get too soaked? Get 'em now and argue later."
With that she sets to gathering what mushrooms she can by hand and tries to spear some after a few failed attempts. The lights flashing off of the water would usually bother her sensitive eyes had she not gotten her goggles from her last outing to rescue her cousin.
Man, so bright on the water. Best thing I spent my money on!
"Hey, any of you got a net on ya? Would be much better than trying to grab them by hand."

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2016-08-20, 01:16 AM
Belphanta

Belphanta steps in between any possible fisticuffs. "Accidents happen.." she mumbles to the caravan master trying to calm him down. "Hey you! be careful with the merchandise. " she calls up to the deck hand.

"Save for the fire and brimstone for out there, I suspect we are going to need it, boss." Belphanta says evenly.

boj0
2016-08-21, 07:30 PM
Konidurr looks on hesitantly, he didn't much like getting involved in situations that didn't concern him directly, but this job was getting him to where he needed to be.

Thankfully, his companions had stepped in and tried to diffuse the situation, Konidurr didn't have much in the way of patience once fists were swung.

Seeing Belphanta step between the two, he felt comfortable placing a hand on the boss' shoulder, "Everything alright? What can I do to help?"

Hoping that moving past the argument into resolution would diffuse the tension, Konidurr puts on a smile to show his sincerity.

Talore
2016-08-21, 11:59 PM
Othrilid drops his yelling with a fierce "Harumph!" and turns to grab a net for the mushrooms. "We're behind schedule now, so I need you four to help with the caravan. Hope you liked your taste of easy living while it lasted!"

After an hour of hard labour, the Avuzid caravan is ready to leave Girderport. The donkeys and wagons pass over a narrow wooden bridge connecting Girderport's psuedo-island with the mainland, where a lightly-beaten road is visible. Othrilid leads the caravan in that direction, visibly uneasy with this foreign terrain. Birds let out forlorn cries, unlike anything the non-Spaugrifne party members have ever heard. The gentle breeze from the sea disturbs long tufts of grasses and low-hanging tree branches, causing shadows to dance and shift around you.

The journey inland is steadily uphill, quickly leaving the coastline. Here the gusts of wind are stronger, laying bare stretches of rock where lesser trees failed to take root. In the thicker stands of trees, the lightly-disturbed soil evokes nostalgic feelings within Belphanta and Deidre. There's nothing quite like the soil of one's homeland to bring back memories. For the rest of the caravan, aside from the bird calls and a singular wolf observing the caravan from a distance, the trip is eerily devoid of observable wildlife.

As the sun drops ever lower in the sky, Othrilid calls the caravan to a halt and signals for you all to join him. He's chosen a stretch of the road flanked by tall hills on both sides, whose trees mostly shelter the dale between them from the wind. "I want advice," the Avuzid states, begrudgingly. "These winds are too cold for what they should be; drivers and beasts alike are thoroughly chilled. Now I don't like stopping early, but it might be best to take some cover when we can get it."

Mumbling to himself for a minute, Othrilid gets to the point. "If any of you know better than I do, speak up. My knowledge of geography only goes so far as my home continent. Will it be safe to stay here, or better to move on?"

Everyone can make survival and knowledge (geography) checks to see if you have any insights. Spaugrifne get a +2 circumstance bonus to this check.

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2016-08-22, 01:32 AM
Belphanta

Belphanta scratches her chin as she thinks. "Ummmm..."

Survival : [roll0]

Know: nature [roll1] (untrained)

Tsunamiatunzen1
2016-08-22, 02:16 PM
Diedre looks around at the unforgiving landscape.
Kind of reminds me of home... just hope it's not or I'm gonna be in trouble.
"Well let me think here...

Survival: [roll0]
Untrained Knowledge: [roll1]
OOPS! Forgot to add +2 to the both of them. So it's 29 for Survival and 18 for the Knowledge

boj0
2016-08-22, 10:59 PM
"Well I know a few things about the outdoors." Konidurr says helpfully.

Survival
[roll0]

Woggle
2016-08-23, 08:01 AM
Kelkara scratches behind her ears briefly while she weighs the options before them. Thinking through some of her experiences in caravanning, she adds: "Well, I think it'd probably be best if... " She continues to wrack her brain for any pertinent information.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Talore
2016-08-23, 04:02 PM
The party is aware of paw prints and disturbed foliage which would suggest that a large beast or beasts make frequent use of this dale. With a rudimentary observation of the horizon and slope of the land, it is apparent that if the caravan moves for another hour or so, it will come across a small river - perfect for drinking water, fishing, and a natural "wall" for the camp.

Woggle
2016-08-23, 06:35 PM
After some consultation with Konidurr, Belphanta, and Diedre, they come to a consensus and Kelkara replies to Othrilid in accented Remokothian: "I think it's best if we press on for another hour or so. Judging by lay of the land, we should be able to find a shelter and running water for a good camp site." Kelkara glances to the others questioningly, in case they have anything else to add.

I hope I'm not stepping on anyones' toes here; things seem pretty straight-forward. If anyone has different ideas please don't let my post stand in the way :smallsmile:

Tsunamiatunzen1
2016-08-23, 08:09 PM
Diedre nods in assent.
"Sounds like a plan to me. Something's been coming around here and it wouldn't be a good idea to have it get into camp. Unless..."
At this she smiles as an idea forms.
"Does anyone want to hunt whatever it is that's stalking this place? Might make a good coat if you don't mind any holes in it!"
Diedre, as always, is always up for a fight.

boj0
2016-08-23, 09:00 PM
"Until we know what is around these parts, I'm content staying with the group. Never know when something is clever enough to scatter the heard and pick the least dangerous off"

Konidurr nods his head towards the non-combatants in the caravan, he knew what the slaughter of civilians looked like and had no desire to repeat the experience.

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2016-08-23, 09:53 PM
Belphanta

"Well the tracks are indistinct, at least to my semi-trained eyes, it could be a whole pack of giant dwarf-killing wargs for all I can tell. Best to stick together since we have enough food. " Belphanta offers. "While I relish a good fight, it's not our primary purpose."

Tsunamiatunzen1
2016-08-23, 10:08 PM
Diedre seems a bit disappointed at this, but she concedes their point.
"Ehhhh, all right then. We'll stick to the caravan."

Talore
2016-08-24, 05:10 PM
As the party comes to a conclusion, Othrilid nods at their advice. "There's a reason why I brought the best I know along." The caravan master then signals for the drivers to start moving again, to many tired moans.

Just over an hour later, the caravan finds itself in a deep thicket, facing down a slow-moving river about three cartlengths wide. Here Othrilid orders camp to be made. Carts and wagons form a semi-circle around a campfire, with the river covering the other side. Draft animals are tied up and given food, while the settlers go about gathering firewood and otherwise preparing for the night. Though the trees sway with the gusts of wind, hardly any breaks the canopy to disturb the deadfall below.

It's time to figure out watch duty, and any other tasks party members may wish to perform over the night.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2016-08-24, 07:23 PM
Diedre rubbbed her shoulder to relieve the knot that had developed during the march and took her goggles off to reveal her golden eyes to the setting sun's light. Only one of these actions did any good, what with her armor still firmly attached and all.
"They need to make a magic spell to make carrying things easier. Anyways, I think we should decide who's got watch duty. I'll take the first watch since I don't sleep per se."
She then turns to Belphanta.
"I still never caught your name. What watch did you want?"

After deciding on the watch, Diedre kept a watchful eye for any sign of the beast or even bandits.
Spot Check:[roll0]

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2016-08-24, 07:38 PM
Belphanta

"I'll take second watch." she answers. "I am Belphanta." she says simply as she settles down for a rest.

Woggle
2016-08-24, 10:58 PM
After the caravan settles to a stop for the night, Kelkara goes about relieving her animals of their packs and saddles (both Al and her donkey) and feeding them. Once they are free of their saddles, she brushes them down quickly and thoroughly, and covers the donkey with its blanket.

Kelkara nods as the two spaugrifne choose first and second watch, turning towards Konidurr. "Looks like we've got third watch, Konidurr, if you don't mind Al and me keeping you company," she says, jovially. "Unless anyone else has any other ideas," she adds.

With the watches decided, Kelkara settles near the campfire to eat her supper. Shortly thereafter she sets out her bedroll and stretches out next to her hound to sleep. She rises late in the night to take her third-watch shift, listening and watching carefully for dangers beyond the camp.

Three watches seems to make sense to me (3 or 4 hours each?), otherwise Kelkara will pair up with the later of two watches.
Listen and Spot checks for Kelkara and her hound, Albaroth, during their watch:
Kelkara
[roll0]
[roll1]

Albaroth the elf-hound (also has the scent ability)
[roll2]
[roll3]

boj0
2016-08-24, 11:24 PM
I'll sleep now to wake in time for the third watch

Konidurr gives the outrider an affirmative nod while Badger finds a nice nook and/or cranny to sleep in.