PDA

View Full Version : Player Help A warrior who focus on his sword

varto
2016-08-01, 08:12 PM
Hey, guys! I think i remember hearing a class (or prestige class) that allowed a warrior to focus his/her will on his weapon, basically turning it into his/her familiar (or something like that) but so help me, i canīt remember the name of the class.
Iīm trying to make a class similar to Guardian, of the Dofus game (or if you like, the animated serie "Wakfu") where a fighter wileds a demonic sword that can grant him power but if he/she is not carefull the demon could possess itīs owner.
I know there are demonic weapons around but i was wondering if the fighter from the class i was looking for could focus on a demonic sword (although the most probable thing is that the weapon of choice should be unnenchated).
Add "Great swordman" prestige class ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Great_Swordsman_(3.5e_Prestige_Class) ) and you would end up becoming some sort of giant buffed demonic sword wielder.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2016-08-01, 08:51 PM
You're most likely thinking of the Kensai prestige class from 3.5th edition (may be in others as well). Alternatively, the Weapons of Legacy book involved linking to very specific, powerful magical weapons that got stronger as you got stronger, and had a class that hinged on them as well.

varto
2016-08-01, 10:04 PM
Thanks! I allmost loose all hope, googling for "fighter focus on sword" or "familar weapon fighter"! Iīll check the Weapons of Legacy!

rrwoods
2016-08-02, 03:52 PM
Word of warning: most of the example items in Weapons of Legacy suck, due to personal costs that are too high, or anemic abilities, or both. From experience, I recommend working with your DM to make a custom Weapon of Legacy tailored to your character and campaign.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-08-02, 04:08 PM
There's also the Psychic Weapon Master, the Ancestral Relic/Item Familiar feats, and the Raumathari Battlemage. None of them make your sword your familiar, but they make it psicrystal-like, magical (possibly intelligent), and arcane focus, respectively.

Thurbane
2016-08-02, 04:23 PM
Could you make a Kensai with the ANcestral Relic and Item Familiar feats, and his weapon is also a Weapon of Legacy? :smallbiggrin:

ExLibrisMortis
2016-08-02, 05:44 PM
Could you make a Kensai with the ANcestral Relic and Item Familiar feats, and his weapon is also a Weapon of Legacy? :smallbiggrin:
Yes. It's pretty pointless, though. Spoiling a good weapon/relic/familiar item by adding legacy powers :smallwink:!

ShurikVch
2016-08-02, 05:51 PM
Also, OA Samurai's Ancestral Daisho