PDA

View Full Version : Theurge and Poaching Cleric Spells

RickAllison
2016-08-01, 08:36 PM
Alright, today the new Unearthed Arcana, "The Faithful", was released. It features a new wizard tradition called the Theurge, which is basically a wizard with a cleric's subclass. One of the first abilities this tradition gets is being able to substitute a cleric domain spell for one of the wizard spells learned and, once all domain spells are in the spellbook, then begin doing the same with other cleric spells.

What spells would you poach with the remaining ten/eleven (if using a domain like Knowledge where both spells are already wizard spells)?

Gignere
2016-08-01, 08:51 PM
Definitely spiritual weapon, put your bonus action to use. Bless if no one else is providing coverage. Revivify even if there is a cleric in party as backup, healing word, prayer of healing, conjure celestial. That is it maybe heal,restoration, resurrection as good back up prepares for when the party needs it.

Quintessence
2016-08-01, 10:02 PM
Definitely spiritual weapon, put your bonus action to use. Bless if no one else is providing coverage. Revivify even if there is a cleric in party as backup, healing word, prayer of healing, conjure celestial. That is it maybe heal,restoration, resurrection as good back up prepares for when the party needs it.

So life domain spells?

Belac93
2016-08-01, 11:07 PM
Spiritual weapon and healing spells. I want healing word/cure wounds for spell mastery.

RickAllison
2016-08-01, 11:19 PM
Spiritual weapon and healing spells. I want healing word/cure wounds for spell mastery.

You have to get Performance to go along with it. I may or may not have defaulted to imagining the Wizard's Healing Words being James Brown:

Get up
Get up
Get up

Get on up
Stay on the scene

Get on up
Like a Sex Machine
Get on up
Get up