PDA

View Full Version : Disguise Self minutia

Dalebert
2016-08-02, 12:04 PM
It's been clearly established that your disguise does not hold up to physical scrutiny. A skinny person disguised as a chubby person means hands will pass right through your expanded waistline, for instance. A rod made to look like a greatsword would have the same problem.

Presumably the caster can move their illusory disguise around in all the necessary ways though, yes? Like, you can pull up the hood of your illusory cloak or hold up the illusory medallion around your neck for someone to glance at, yes? The disguise should react in all the normal ways as necessary to maintain the appearance it seems.

Segev
2016-08-02, 01:16 PM
It's been clearly established that your disguise does not hold up to physical scrutiny. A skinny person disguised as a chubby person means hands will pass right through your expanded waistline, for instance. A rod made to look like a greatsword would have the same problem.

Presumably the caster can move their illusory disguise around in all the necessary ways though, yes? Like, you can pull up the hood of your illusory cloak or hold up the illusory medallion around your neck for someone to glance at, yes? The disguise should react in all the normal ways as necessary to maintain the appearance it seems.

I see no reason why not. It's the illusion interacting with itself, at that point. And it already mimics your movements enough that you don't, say, leave the disguise behind when you walk out of it.

As long as you're not trying to do something wonky with it, I would assume it looks just fine no matter what you do that a real version of what you look like could or would. I'd even allow the illusion to duck under a doorway when you did not, and to adjust so that if you lean against a wall, it compresses appropriately even if it extends "behind" you (due, perhaps, to being disguised as one of Sir Mixalot's famous female squires).