PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Thread 4: Come Pray to the Apocalypse Dragon

Pages : [1] 2 3

lord_khaine
2016-08-02, 01:42 PM
Where fandom is first repeatedly betrayed, then allowed to decay and fester, hunched and cowled figures now lurk in the darkness, praying for Acnologia, the Apocalypse Dragon, to bring a clean end to a once great work.

Yes, it is the 4th and most likely last Fairy Tail thread, were we switch between complaining about a chapter, moaning about the lost times or once in a rare while points out a brief glimmer of a former time in a sea of filler.

Last in FT Gildarts have once more returned, looking badass and starting what will no doubt become a riot of the opposing force despite FT being outnumbered by about 1 to 100.

Edit.
List of prayers to Acnologia.

The name of this thread, is horribly apt. Arrive and saves us Acnologia, the one true savior of Fairy Tail.

By the end of this series everyone will be praying to Acnologia to end it. And he'll look down and whisper no, because that would be a true sign of the end of days.

He did, and further more he's been headed this way for a while. Thus our prayers to the Apocalypse Dragon to just END THIS. Its getting to the point where even as a trainwreck isn't enjoyable.

Anyway... I hope and pray Zodi is wrong on the last bit because there is a MUCH better way to kill a giant dragon that just appeared on the battle field: Please come, our savior, and and this ludicrous battle. We need to get somewhere else and to the end of this story.
(Also, he could eat the meteor but I guess that will be Erza's job.)

Kato
2016-08-08, 06:47 AM
Bunch of minor stuff... Eileen is slowly killing/extracting Mavis' magic and Zeref totally does not care, obviously.
Neinhart has... some relation to Erza and Eileen? Onii-chan? :smallconfused:

Fights are happening.

Gray is the only one somewhat resistant to Invel's cold. Well, we'll see how he beats him next time, I guess.

LaZodiac
2016-08-08, 09:37 AM
Bunch of minor stuff... Eileen is slowly killing/extracting Mavis' magic and Zeref totally does not care, obviously.
Neinhart has... some relation to Erza and Eileen? Onii-chan? :smallconfused:

Fights are happening.

Gray is the only one somewhat resistant to Invel's cold. Well, we'll see how he beats him next time, I guess.

The good news is Gray always has Actually Good Stuff, so the next couple of chapters might actually be good.

That being said **** I never want to see Mavis looking like she is in that last panal ever again please? She's all twisted and she's drooling frm her mouth and crying from her eyes and it's the exact most uncomfortable thing to have, especially when it's a plot point that she's basically been mind controlled by ice and is currently chained up on a table.

lord_khaine
2016-08-08, 01:17 PM
Well shoot, thats actually a more or less decent chapter.

And i think we would have been a bit more positive about it, if not because the last years have made most of us quite a bit jaded.
It is also slightly annoying that we yet again get creation magic vs creation magic. Even if it did made a sort of sense that Gray were the only one that could resist the extreme winter magic, due to natural cold resistance.

Also, what do people think went on about Erza!mom seemingly sending someone to kill the person we suspect are her daughter?
A test?

LaZodiac
2016-08-08, 01:42 PM
Well shoot, thats actually a more or less decent chapter.

And i think we would have been a bit more positive about it, if not because the last years have made most of us quite a bit jaded.
It is also slightly annoying that we yet again get creation magic vs creation magic. Even if it did made a sort of sense that Gray were the only one that could resist the extreme winter magic, due to natural cold resistance.

Also, what do people think went on about Erza!mom seemingly sending someone to kill the person we suspect are her daughter?
A test?

I'm dreading the possibility that Neinhart is actually Simon. I don't know why it's just a thought that crosses my mind

Kato
2016-08-08, 05:10 PM
That being said **** I never want to see Mavis looking like she is in that last panal ever again please? She's all twisted and she's drooling frm her mouth and crying from her eyes and it's the exact most uncomfortable thing to have, especially when it's a plot point that she's basically been mind controlled by ice and is currently chained up on a table.
Yeah, Hiro is good at making people suffer... and this time it's not done like with Erza in Tartaros....

A test?

Pretty sure she is just that evil until ecposed to a healthy dose of LOVE Power...

I'm dreading the possibility that Neinhart is actually Simon. I don't know why it's just a thought that crosses my mind
Wait, what? How? I was guessing brother but.... not sure which of these is more crazy.

LaZodiac
2016-08-09, 12:06 AM
Yeah, Hiro is good at making people suffer... and this time it's not done like with Erza in Tartaros.....

Truth be told this is the only reason why I don't want him to embrace his inner self and just draw H stuff if he wants to do it.

lord_khaine
2016-08-09, 08:43 AM
Truth be told this is the only reason why I don't want him to embrace his inner self and just draw H stuff if he wants to do it.

Well.. i though Ft had taught us you should follow your dreams, so clearly Hiro should move on to Fairy Tail, XXX. It can only improve the stories :P

khadgar567
2016-08-15, 04:57 AM
Well.. i though Ft had taught us you should follow your dreams, so clearly Hiro should move on to Fairy Tail, XXX. It can only improve the stories :P
I dont want another train wreck like queens blade( both rebelion and main series) if you want to introduce character like lunaluna be my f ing guest this manga needs more fan service( and juvia as permanent ice statue in gray's garden)

Kato
2016-08-22, 05:45 AM
=Ice and Dark]
So, not a terrible chapter, I guess. Ice Make is useless but Devil Slaying somewhat works... Invel is still far ahead and uses makes Gray and Juvia fight. Yeah, like that is going to happen... (I can't believe Juvia stayed serious and didn't cheer when she was chained to Gray)

Gray is turning evil, er dark... Didn't we do that like a year ago already? And nothing came of it?

Brandish takes the main three away so they don't interfer.

And... Invel wants Zeref dead? Is that like the old "fulfill Zeref's wish" dead or "he's a bastard and must die" dead?

Sliver
2016-08-22, 07:43 AM
=Ice and Dark]And... Invel wants Zeref dead? Is that like the old "fulfill Zeref's wish" dead or "he's a bastard and must die" dead?

Does he? I thought that Natsu will die if Zeref dies, but I don't recall it being said that it works the other way around.

Kato
2016-08-22, 08:29 AM
Does he? I thought that Natsu will die if Zeref dies, but I don't recall it being said that it works the other way around.

Ah, my bad, I must have misread something there :smallredface: I think I switched up the subject and object in Invel's statement in my head... somehow.

LaZodiac
2016-08-22, 10:07 AM
Ah, my bad, I must have misread something there :smallredface: I think I switched up the subject and object in Invel's statement in my head... somehow.

I did that too as well don't worry.

So...I actually quite like this chapter. We did the "becoming daaaark" before with Rogue and it went no where because a cute cat hugged him, but this one might actually be more possible? I don't know, but it certainly feels like a good chapter. I'm curious how Juvia will break out of these chains.

Friv
2016-08-22, 10:52 AM
I dunno.

We already did the "Juvia deliberately sacrifices herself while engaged in a forced fight with a fellow FT member" bit that they seem to be gearing up for, back in the Festival arc. I'm really feeling a lot of retreading going on right now, which is kind of frustrating.

LaZodiac
2016-08-22, 10:55 AM
I dunno.

We already did the "Juvia deliberately sacrifices herself while engaged in a forced fight with a fellow FT member" bit that they seem to be gearing up for, back in the Festival arc. I'm really feeling a lot of retreading going on right now, which is kind of frustrating.

Yeah, that's...true. I think Hiro's finally run out of steam. Note that Invel isn't even say, a Dragon Slayer or God Slayer or what ever. He's just "the best at ice magic ever".

lord_khaine
2016-08-22, 12:00 PM
I on the other hand liked this chapter until the part where Natsu randomly broke free, and finished off the tension for good (even if it were a mercy killing).

And i were prepared to deliver several strong curses at the point where Gray then randomly got tied to Juvia, because i KNOW this is going to bash us in the head with a lot of cliches very soon.

That this guy is not some sort of slayer is actually one of the few positive things i could find. Personally i find it kinda tiresome how slayer magic keep getting pushed up as more or less The strongest and best magic for fighting.

LaZodiac
2016-08-22, 12:24 PM
I on the other hand liked this chapter until the part where Natsu randomly broke free, and finished off the tension for good (even if it were a mercy killing).

And i were prepared to deliver several strong curses at the point where Gray then randomly got tied to Juvia, because i KNOW this is going to bash us in the head with a lot of cliches very soon.

That this guy is not some sort of slayer is actually one of the few positive things i could find. Personally i find it kinda tiresome how slayer magic keep getting pushed up as more or less The strongest and best magic for fighting.

I agree with all of what you said and still find this a good chapter? Fairy Tail is weird.

lord_khaine
2016-08-22, 01:30 PM
I agree with all of what you said and still find this a good chapter? Fairy Tail is weird.

Its of course your right to think so, im going to go back to my basement though, enough sacrificies might summon the destroyer sooner :smalltongue:

Kato
2016-08-22, 05:27 PM
Hm... I can kind of see how magic made to destroy dragons, gods or devils would be especially powerful but yes, it certainly is overused. Especially the god and devil stuff, considering we never saw a god or devil..

As for Gray... As I said, we kind of did it already after the last time-skip but... maybe this wime it will lead somewhere. We'll see.

LaZodiac
2016-08-23, 12:58 AM
Hm... I can kind of see how magic made to destroy dragons, gods or devils would be especially powerful but yes, it certainly is overused. Especially the god and devil stuff, considering we never saw a god or devil..

As for Gray... As I said, we kind of did it already after the last time-skip but... maybe this wime it will lead somewhere. We'll see.

Maybe it's me being sleepy and thinking about romance in stories I'm writing, but maybe when Invel said "you'll stay locked like this until one of you remain" means they'll 'become one' to escape it.

HandofShadows
2016-08-24, 04:59 AM

Seen lots of demons. There are some natural ones on Galuna Island who actually are not bad folk. And others who were created by Zeref (The Book Demons) who mostly are bad. Heck Nastu is technically a demon. :smalleek: As for gods we so a big huge war god (Ikusa-Tsunagi) get summoned a while ago. But Nastu one shotted him. Another god Chronos, manifested in Dimaria, one the Empire's Spriggan 12. Chronos is beaten by Wendy and Sherria. That happened this arc.

Kato
2016-08-24, 01:38 PM
Seen lots of demons. There are some natural ones on Galuna Island who actually are not bad folk. And others who were created by Zeref (The Book Demons) who mostly are bad. Heck Nastu is technically a demon. :smalleek: As for gods we so a big huge war god (Ikusa-Tsunagi) get summoned a while ago. But Nastu one shotted him. Another god Chronos, manifested in Dimaria, one the Empire's Spriggan 12. Chronos is beaten by Wendy and Sherria. That happened this arc.

Tsk, those were demons, not devils. (It's not my fault if FT can't keep its terminology straight)

And for the gods... can't blame me for forgetting something that gets one-shot like nothing. Puny gods don't count. And for the second... I'll kind of admit to that, but a soul take over still is less convincing than an actual god. The best I'd consider so far is The Celestial Spirit King...
Of course here we do have again the problem between a polytheistic idea of what a god is and the tighter rules in profoundly Christian cultures. (You can't slap "god" on everything and consider it a deity)

lord_khaine
2016-08-24, 03:45 PM
(You can't slap "god" on everything and consider it a deity)

I guess the problem we are running in here, is that of course the serie is using the japanese definition of god. And that does not translate to well into the western definition.

DiscipleofBob
2016-08-24, 04:38 PM
Tsk, those were demons, not devils. (It's not my fault if FT can't keep its terminology straight)

And for the gods... can't blame me for forgetting something that gets one-shot like nothing. Puny gods don't count. And for the second... I'll kind of admit to that, but a soul take over still is less convincing than an actual god. The best I'd consider so far is The Celestial Spirit King...
Of course here we do have again the problem between a polytheistic idea of what a god is and the tighter rules in profoundly Christian cultures. (You can't slap "god" on everything and consider it a deity)

Devils and demons are the same thing in FT. In fact, they're interchangeable in most mythologies/settings with the very obvious exception of Dungeons and Dragons. So yeah, we've seen Devils/demons going all the way back to the Lullaby arc.

Can't fault you on forgetting about the sole god appearance though. That arc was pretty forgettable.

Back when "god-slaying" magic was first introduced I didn't know it was literal. I thought it just referred to an elemental user designed to be stronger than and counter dragon-slaying magic like with Zancrow vs Natsu. Obviously that's not the case now though.

lord_khaine
2016-08-25, 12:17 AM
Back when "god-slaying" magic was first introduced I didn't know it was literal. I thought it just referred to an elemental user designed to be stronger than and counter dragon-slaying magic like with Zancrow vs Natsu. Obviously that's not the case now though.

And even more stupid, then its still unnececary. Unlike dragons, who so far have been shown to more or less ignore anything but DS magic, then gods can be killed without.

-D-
2016-08-29, 05:03 AM
New chapter.

Wow. I hope they don't mess up this sacrifice.

Sliver
2016-08-29, 07:23 AM
I have my doubts...

Kato
2016-08-29, 07:46 AM
Sadly, this is Fairy Tail....

Hiro, if you want to do me one effing favor, don't fix this! Just don't! I know it won't help but.. a sacrifice is only a sacrifice if something is lost, and not just for a dozen chapters.

khadgar567
2016-08-29, 08:02 AM
bi*ch pulled One's Own Life Reincarnation (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/One%27s_Own_Life_Reincarnation) from naruto and blood bend his way in to gray's body
so she is finally out of gray any character shipping picture know what hiro mashima gonna pull to replace her and please no resurrection magic to pull her back from dead please make this one permenet

and there is a chance gray may use water make magic on next chapter

khadgar567
2016-08-29, 08:05 AM
Sadly, this is Fairy Tail....

Hiro, if you want to do me one effing favor, don't fix this! Just don't! I know it won't help but.. a sacrifice is only a sacrifice if something is lost, and not just for a dozen chapters.
whole heartily agree keep juvia dead and use her dead as emotional torque to make gray more powerful like he learns water magic to honor her sacrifice

lord_khaine
2016-08-29, 09:45 AM
Perhaps some of those comments should have been in spoiler tags?
Just.. at least for the actual day when the manga gets translated..? :smallannoyed:

Though wow, its rare that i say this, but that was actually a badass chapter. Even if i dont think this will stick any longer than Gajeel getting banished did.

LaZodiac
2016-08-29, 10:08 AM
yeah guys jesus, use spoiler tags. I realize Fairy Tail is often not a series that really deserves it, but lets treat it with SOME respect. And the fans, too.

So, on the one hand, this is Fairy Tail. No one dies ever. But on the other hand, "the typical rules of Fairy Tail don't affect Gray because he's the only character who's got character growth and an arc". His Dad died and he got demon ice powers, he had that early arc with Leon where "things actually happened that stayed happened", his relationship with Juvia actually grew and developed. When it comes to Gray, he's the only character who DOES have stuff that actually "sticks" so...we'll see.

Kato
2016-08-29, 10:16 AM
Not to say maybe we shouldn't have used spoiler tags but
a) it is monday aka Fairy Tail update day, i.e. I don't even look in the thread until I checked the chapter and
b) it was super obvious there would be some sacrifice from what happened last time. I didn't even say what happened, come on :smalltongue:

sidenote: I can't remember Juvia's magic being called Water make before. It's also because her magic by far exceeds Gray's by basically making her a Logia user. Then again... go, blood bender Juvia?

LaZodiac
2016-08-29, 11:57 AM
Not to say maybe we shouldn't have used spoiler tags but
a) it is monday aka Fairy Tail update day, i.e. I don't even look in the thread until I checked the chapter and
b) it was super obvious there would be some sacrifice from what happened last time. I didn't even say what happened, come on :smalltongue:

sidenote: I can't remember Juvia's magic being called Water make before. It's also because her magic by far exceeds Gray's by basically making her a Logia user. Then again... go, blood bender Juvia?

I was talking more to the people who said it outright.

It's not, this is her own new magic style she made from training with Gray. Her regular water is just...her water body stuff.

lord_khaine
2016-08-29, 03:51 PM
Yeah, it is the day where it generally comes out, but some sites are ˝ a day after others. And it has generally been good taste to spoiler the first 3-4 comments on a new chapter if it was the same day it had come out.

Regarding Juvia, then i really, really dont think Hiro has the balls to actually kill off such a beloved character. Not any more.
So my personal prediction is that Gray has frozen/cooled Juvia's body down, so that she wont die from her injury before she can get a blood transfusion.

It is kinda interesting though, that we yet again get teased with the idea about it being Gray who should slay END.

LaZodiac
2016-08-29, 11:54 PM
Yeah, it is the day where it generally comes out, but some sites are ˝ a day after others. And it has generally been good taste to spoiler the first 3-4 comments on a new chapter if it was the same day it had come out.

Regarding Juvia, then i really, really dont think Hiro has the balls to actually kill off such a beloved character. Not any more.
So my personal prediction is that Gray has frozen/cooled Juvia's body down, so that she wont die from her injury before she can get a blood transfusion.

It is kinda interesting though, that we yet again get teased with the idea about it being Gray who should slay END.

Honestly, that's something we've had for a long time from since before we even knew Natsu WAS END. Gray is his rival, and "I'm the only one allowed to defeat you, Natsu".

It does make the inevitable clash between them actually kind of exciting though. Also yeah you've definitely knocked it out of the ball park on what they'll do. Juvia actually survived stabbing herself, but Gray SUCCEEDED at his suicide attempt, which means Juvia's water make spell went off, and he survives, giving hm enough time to freeze her solid so she can be healed once she's defrosted.

Zaydos
2016-08-30, 12:13 AM
Honestly, that's something we've had for a long time from since before we even knew Natsu WAS END. Gray is his rival, and "I'm the only one allowed to defeat you, Natsu".

It does make the inevitable clash between them actually kind of exciting though. Also yeah you've definitely knocked it out of the ball park on what they'll do. Juvia actually survived stabbing herself, but Gray SUCCEEDED at his suicide attempt, which means Juvia's water make spell went off, and he survives, giving hm enough time to freeze her solid so she can be healed once she's defrosted.

Honestly having read Rave Master and the number of things that seemed to just be re-using Reina's death scene, having Metallica 2.0 Gray succeed at saving her where Metallica failed would be actually in some way rather satisfying and quite meaningful. That said, Reina was one of the few deaths in Rave Master which stuck (honestly I think as many if not more have stuck in FT than Rave Master), and the largest character who actually stayed dead, so Juvia's death is the only type of non-villain on villain death we know Hiro will occasionally stick to, but she is a much larger character than Reina was.

Kato
2016-09-05, 07:25 AM
ONE WEEK! ONE GODFORSAKEN WEEK! Maybe I should be glad he's not trying to deceive us for too long but even before Gray can say how nothing can bring her back, you bring her the eff back.

Also, Natsu defeats powerful people because he doesn't know the meaning of pulling out. Nothing new but I wish more often we'd get better explanations. Gray beating Invel almost is good, we know he is good at adopting new ice powers, it's just way too rushed. The other Fairies also get beaten badly.

Otherwise... are we really supposed to believe Gray will seriously fight Natsu? To the death?

kjelfalconer
2016-09-05, 07:39 AM
Well, he didn't make it stick. Gasp. But it was a pretty logical reaction to having the healer and the seer together. So by the standards of Fairy Tail it wasn't that much of a Deus Ex Machina.

Natsu was Natsu, and even though I know logically that his half was half the chapter, my brain is focusing entirely on the Gray section.

Ah well. It was a bit of a cop out, but I like Juvia, so I'll let it slide.

Sliver
2016-09-05, 08:26 AM
I'd say that I called it, but I feel that predicting that Juvia won't die is as impressive as predicting that the sun won't blow up tomorrow...

LaZodiac
2016-09-05, 11:26 AM
ONE WEEK! ONE GODFORSAKEN WEEK! Maybe I should be glad he's not trying to deceive us for too long but even before Gray can say how nothing can bring her back, you bring her the eff back.

Also, Natsu defeats powerful people because he doesn't know the meaning of pulling out. Nothing new but I wish more often we'd get better explanations. Gray beating Invel almost is good, we know he is good at adopting new ice powers, it's just way too rushed. The other Fairies also get beaten badly.

Otherwise... are we really supposed to believe Gray will seriously fight Natsu? To the death?

Yeaaaaah I'm...really annoyed by this but not eve surprised. It's just so dumb.

Also speaking of dumb, man it sure was smart of Eileen to use Neinhardt as her magic enchantment slave. When he gets beaten, which I think he just did right now, all the dead Spriggan 12 will vanish. Way to crush your team.

Also also, and this is important...does Brandish not realize our side killed ALMOST ALL OF THEM? The Spriggan 12 aren't that big a threat, we've killed a bunch of them and they only exist because of Neinhardt, and that won't be around in the future.

Finally, the bit with Gray actually beating Invel was neat except for the fact that oh I guess Gray can just use hell ice now I guess, as can Invel, and this is the first time we've heard of it. Naturally. I really really doubt Gray is going to fight Natsu EVER.

Kato
2016-09-05, 05:45 PM
Also also, and this is important...does Brandish not realize our side killed ALMOST ALL OF THEM? The Spriggan 12 aren't that big a threat, we've killed a bunch of them and they only exist because of Neinhardt, and that won't be around in the future.

Well, in their defence, almost no Spriggan was taken down in a duel. It was often two versus one, or someone else interfering, or at least a double KO (of kinds)... Or Acnologia.

Yes, they are not monsters, not all of them, but they are formidable and in theory all of them together should be able to beat the Fairies. In theory, anyway.

Friv
2016-09-05, 09:35 PM
Well, in their defence, almost no Spriggan was taken down in a duel. It was often two versus one, or someone else interfering, or at least a double KO (of kinds)... Or Acnologia.

Yes, they are not monsters, not all of them, but they are formidable and in theory all of them together should be able to beat the Fairies. In theory, anyway.

I believe that Brandish was suggesting that the only reason the Spriggan 12 were getting beaten earlier was that they couldn't unleash their full powers as long as there was something in Magnolia that they wanted. Brandish could, if she wanted to, instantly shrink the whole kingdom down and turn all of Fairy Tail into bugs, but if she does that who knows where Mavis ends up.

With that in mind, you're right. Most of the 12 went down to various sorts of trickery:

Ajeel got shot by the Jupiter Cannon, which I don't think is in play any more. After that Erza hit him with her best shot, which dropped him out of a plane, which he inexplicably survived. He's still at full strength.
Brandish was only beaten because she got hay fever and Cana sneak-attacked her. She's at full strength now, but if she does go to battle that could be an exploitable weakness again.
Dimaria was only stopped because Ultear happened to stop time for Wendy and Cheria, and then gave Cheria incredible powers that burned out her dragon slayer powers forever. She's still at full strength.
Jacob only returned everyone from nonexistence because he'd accidentally caught Brandish and Marin in his spell, and was only beaten first because Lucy duplicated Marin's ability to shut down Jacob's powers and also because he was prudish. He's back to full power.
Serena got one-shooted by Acnologia, rather than Fairy Tail. On the other hand, his replacement is dead now too.
Wall Echt was only defeated because he forgot that you can't use lightning against a Lightning Dragon, and was then tricked into fully healing Laxus.

As for the rest of them:

Invel got straight-up overpowered, but Brandish doesn't know that yet.
Bloodman got straight-up overpowered, but it should have killed Gajeel to do it (also he's alive again.)
Neinhart was straight-up overpowered, but that was before Eileen did whatever she did to power him up.

And, of course, August and Irene, the two strongest members of the Spriggan 12, didn't lose any fights in the first round of the war. Neither did Larcade, so we have no idea how strong the evil Dragneel actually is. On the flip side, of the four guilds that were standing against them, Blue Pegasus is gone, Sabretooth is almost entirely gone, Mermaid Heel and Lamia Scale took heavy casualties, and Fairy Tail's lost a lot of its strongest people (although who knows how many issues until they all pop back up at full strength.)

From Brandish's point of view, "you guys don't stand a chance" seems pretty fair.

LaZodiac
2016-09-06, 12:24 AM
I believe that Brandish was suggesting that the only reason the Spriggan 12 were getting beaten earlier was that they couldn't unleash their full powers as long as there was something in Magnolia that they wanted. Brandish could, if she wanted to, instantly shrink the whole kingdom down and turn all of Fairy Tail into bugs, but if she does that who knows where Mavis ends up.

With that in mind, you're right. Most of the 12 went down to various sorts of trickery:

Ajeel got shot by the Jupiter Cannon, which I don't think is in play any more. After that Erza hit him with her best shot, which dropped him out of a plane, which he inexplicably survived. He's still at full strength.
Brandish was only beaten because she got hay fever and Cana sneak-attacked her. She's at full strength now, but if she does go to battle that could be an exploitable weakness again.
Dimaria was only stopped because Ultear happened to stop time for Wendy and Cheria, and then gave Cheria incredible powers that burned out her dragon slayer powers forever. She's still at full strength.
Jacob only returned everyone from nonexistence because he'd accidentally caught Brandish and Marin in his spell, and was only beaten first because Lucy duplicated Marin's ability to shut down Jacob's powers and also because he was prudish. He's back to full power.
Serena got one-shooted by Acnologia, rather than Fairy Tail. On the other hand, his replacement is dead now too.
Wall Echt was only defeated because he forgot that you can't use lightning against a Lightning Dragon, and was then tricked into fully healing Laxus.

As for the rest of them:

Bloodman got straight-up overpowered, but it should have killed Gajeel to do it (also he's alive again.)
Neinhart was straight-up overpowered, but that was before Eileen did whatever she did to power him up.

And, of course, August and Irene, the two strongest members of the Spriggan 12, didn't lose any fights in the first round of the war. Neither did Larcade, so we have no idea how strong the evil Dragneel actually is. On the flip side, of the four guilds that were standing against them, Blue Pegasus is gone, Sabretooth is almost entirely gone, Mermaid Heel and Lamia Scale took heavy casualties, and Fairy Tail's lost a lot of its strongest people (although who knows how many issues until they all pop back up at full strength.)

From Brandish's point of view, "you guys don't stand a chance" seems pretty fair.

While all this is true I'll note that Neinhart is probably the weakest, even with Eileen's enchantment, and once he's down Blood and Wall are gone. Serena would be too if he was alive. I feel like there was someone else I just don't remember. So that events the odds a little bit?

Like, here's the thing. Everything you're saying is true and could make the next couple chapters really intense and cool. But it's Fairy Tail.

lord_khaine
2016-09-06, 03:22 AM

Exellent summary, my hat off to that.

And yeah, sadly this is Fairy Tail, where details like logic or internal consistency dont really matter. And where you can get any sort of powerup as long as you want it badly enough, and are a member of FT :smallannoyed:

I think most of what i though wrong with this chapter have already been mentioned though. So i wont repeat them.

And i dont know if i set my expectations to high, though after having read Hero Academia then i really think i can see a lot of things that can be done better.

Kato
2016-09-06, 08:34 AM

As for the rest of them:

I mostly agree, but I am confused by some of the names you use... Especially since it seems you use Eileen and Irene for the same person :smallconfused: And to give Neinhart some credit, he fought Erza, Kagura and Jellal at the same time. But I guess in the end he only lost to the last.
Also... did I miss something? Why do people agree Serena is out? Am I forgetting Shanks finishing him? :smallconfused:

sidenote: I'd still wonder why e.g. Brandish can't just shrink down only the people she cares for. Maybe some only have massive scale attacks but it can't really be all of them.

LaZodiac
2016-09-06, 08:42 AM
I mostly agree, but I am confused by some of the names you use... Especially since it seems you use Eileen and Irene for the same person :smallconfused: And to give Neinhart some credit, he fought Erza, Kagura and Jellal at the same time. But I guess in the end he only lost to the last.
Also... did I miss something? Why do people agree Serena is out? Am I forgetting Shanks finishing him? :smallconfused:

sidenote: I'd still wonder why e.g. Brandish can't just shrink down only the people she cares for. Maybe some only have massive scale attacks but it can't really be all of them.

Yeah Gildartz killed the **** out of him and they're like "oh Serena's signature is gone again" or something. Dude got head butt into a crater, and when he tried to fight back again Gildartz atomized him.

Friv
2016-09-06, 09:46 AM
I mostly agree, but I am confused by some of the names you use... Especially since it seems you use Eileen and Irene for the same person.

I was using the Fairy Tail wiki to remind myself of people's names, and apparently it's not always the same as the ones I remember. Which is how the Eileen/Irene thing happened - one is wiki, one is memory, and I didn't notice the mistake.

LaZodiac
2016-09-06, 11:20 AM
I was using the Fairy Tail wiki to remind myself of people's names, and apparently it's not always the same as the ones I remember. Which is how the Eileen/Irene thing happened - one is wiki, one is memory, and I didn't notice the mistake.

It's unclear because remember we're technically all criminals who read unofficial translations. I think Irene is what Crunchyroll, the actual legal translation, calls her.

Kato
2016-09-06, 12:12 PM
Yeah Gildartz killed the **** out of him and they're like "oh Serena's signature is gone again" or something. Dude got head butt into a crater, and when he tried to fight back again Gildartz atomized him.
Hm, can't find the latter bit but yeah, found the part where he punched him HARD and later fought some mooks. Guess Serena is Worfed hard...

It's unclear because remember we're technically all criminals who read unofficial translations. I think Irene is what Crunchyroll, the actual legal translation, calls her.
Criminals? Never :smallredface: Though, Irene is a much more sensible name than Eileen.

lord_khaine
2016-09-06, 04:13 PM
Hm, can't find the latter bit but yeah, found the part where he punched him HARD and later fought some mooks. Guess Serena is Worfed hard...

To be honest though, then Gildarts straight up mentions how Serena were just a pale shadow of his living self before crushing him.

LaZodiac
2016-09-06, 06:11 PM
To be honest though, then Gildarts straight up mentions how Serena were just a pale shadow of his living self before crushing him.

Which implies the other revived Spriggan are also weaker now, of course.

Friv
2016-09-06, 06:31 PM
Which implies the other revived Spriggan are also weaker now, of course.

They're pretty much going to have to be, if Rogue is going to take one down alone.

*sigh* The return of all the defeated Spriggans is, by a wide margin, the worst part of this storyline. For the first half of the war I was sort of on board; it felt like a return to form, with the classic "allies getting gradually stomped as the bad guys drop, until our heroes are left to fight the final couple enemies" playing out over a war backdrop.

I can even imagine how that might have gone in an alternate world:

Fairy Tail is holding the western front against Ajeel and Wall Icht. There are some cool tactics, Erza and Laxus are taken out along with a lot of second-stringers, but both Spriggans go down. No one dies, because Wendy is present, but she can't heal people all the way because there are so many injured. And reports come in that Zeref and Invel are on the way just behind...

Meanwhile, in the North, Irene, Rakseed(sp?), and Bloodman are facing off against Sabretooth and Blue Pegasus. There's a cool fight between Bloodman and the Sabretooth Three (Rogue, Sting, and Minerva), which the three manage to win with some effort. They send Sorano to deliver news and request reinforcements, but then Irene shows up and flattens them. Meanwhile, Rakseed is single-handledly wiping out Blue Pegasus. The northern front is collapsing!

On the southern front, Dimaria and Neinhart are facing off against Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel, and winning, when Crime Sorciere jumps in (and all of it, not just Jellal and Ultear). They manage to defeat both enemies, with some cool fights involving stopped time (Dimaria vs. Ultear, Cheria, Racer, and Angel would have been pretty cool, f'rex) and Neihart doing the same "dragging up the past" thing he did to Jellal and Kagura. The good guys win on this front, but there are a lot of badly injured people, and they can't spare anyone to join other fronts because they're still mopping up.

Finally, on the eastern front, the Eight Wizard Saints (all ten minus Makarov and Serena) join the Council mages and maybe Cerberus as a little fan thing to stand against August and Serena. We see Serena smash his way through four wizard saints, and a cutaway shows that August did the same thing to the other four without revealing his powers. Then Acnologia one-shots Serena, leaving August to press the attack alone.

Jacob does his whole thing with a sneak attack against Fairy Tail in their stronghold while they're preparing to send reinforcements, because honestly that whole chapter was gold. Except at the end he's beaten badly enough that he's out. Fairy Tail sends reinforcements to the north and east because they've heard things are going badly.

Brandish can try her meet-up with August, and Mest can still be the world's biggest jackass.

And then Irene meets Aconologia and restructures Magnolia, sending most of Fairy Tail away from their stronghold so that Zeref can grab it, and pulling the remaining Spriggans to his side. It's just Irene, Rakheed, August, Brandish, and Invel left, but the Fairies are down a ton of people, the Wizard Saints are dead, Sabretooth and Blue Pegasus have fallen along with most of Crime Sorciere, Lamia Scale, and Mermaid Heel... things are looking grim.

And then Gildarts arrives, and there is heroic music, and we shuffle our teams for four final battles before the end. Brandish has a meet-up with Natsu, Lucy, and Erza, but Irene sends a swarm of enchantments to fight them and then steps in herself (probably Jellal appears here as well). Invel does his thing against Grey, Juvia, Wendy, and the Strauss family. Rakheed goes up against Gajeel, Levy, and the remaining Crime Sorciere members. August is just smashing his way through the world until he comes up against Gildarts and Cana.

It's pretty similar, but with a lot more devastation on the good guys' side, and a lot fewer rematches in the near future.

lord_khaine
2016-09-07, 03:50 AM
I can even imagine how that might have gone in an alternate world:

Would have liked to read that.

I might have hinted to a desire for the world to end before, if nothing else to put Hiro and us out of the missery. at times it really feels like he is burned out, and just does this by habbit. I certainly think his earlier work has been better than this, but at this point its all just so generic and predictable. I cant recall when last we got an actual surprising plot twist.

Razade
2016-09-07, 04:01 AM
This isn't Hiro burning out. This is Hiro being Hiro. Rave Master had the same paint by numbers stock Shonen plot with a weird time skip (least it wasn't 2) and general winding down about caring if the plot synced up. Think it was around the time Jellal...er...Sieghart showed up. Or maybe it was when the Oración Seis showed up. Not sure, Rave Master was more or less forgettable and Fairy Tail isn't any different. If it was when the Oración Seis showed up that'd be pretty damn hilarious because that's when Fairy Tail started to fall apart too.

Zaydos
2016-09-07, 04:14 AM
This isn't Hiro burning out. This is Hiro being Hiro. Rave Master had the same paint by numbers stock Shonen plot with a weird time skip (least it wasn't 2) and general winding down about caring if the plot synced up. Think it was around the time Jellal...er...Sieghart showed up. Or maybe it was when the Oración Seis showed up. Not sure, Rave Master was more or less forgettable and Fairy Tail isn't any different. If it was when the Oración Seis showed up that'd be pretty damn hilarious because that's when Fairy Tail started to fall apart too.

Read Rave Master less than 3 months ago and I'd have trouble telling you because it really is more or less forgettable, but the plot pretty much lost what cohesion it had after initial BBEG's death and one of the first things that happened after that was they fought the Oración Seis. I mean my favorite characters were Let and Julia, but there reached a point where if any of the 5? 6? times Hiro fake-out killed Let I'd have stopped reading because the quality just wasn't that good. At it's best it was so-so FT, and at its worst it was 'Oh no Let sacrificed his life for his super technique! ... For the third time! Maybe I'll actually have the fun character die this time! I killed that one villain in a redemption equals death moment, I could do it.'

Razade
2016-09-07, 08:22 PM
Read Rave Master less than 3 months ago and I'd have trouble telling you because it really is more or less forgettable, but the plot pretty much lost what cohesion it had after initial BBEG's death and one of the first things that happened after that was they fought the Oración Seis. I mean my favorite characters were Let and Julia, but there reached a point where if any of the 5? 6? times Hiro fake-out killed Let I'd have stopped reading because the quality just wasn't that good. At it's best it was so-so FT, and at its worst it was 'Oh no Let sacrificed his life for his super technique! ... For the third time! Maybe I'll actually have the fun character die this time! I killed that one villain in a redemption equals death moment, I could do it.'

As said. FT isn't burning out because Hiro is getting tired of the series. This is Hiro's method of writing a story which is to say...he can't. Fairy Tail and Rave Master are, if you strip away the setting, more or less the same manga. Even if you don't strip away the setting there's still a ton of things that are the same. They may as well be in the same world. Fairy Tail just has better art because Hiro actually learned how to draw better.

Kato
2016-09-12, 07:20 AM
So... what starts out pretty good turns... eh. FT as usual, then :smalltongue:

No, really, Lucy vs Brandish looks like a lot of fun, but then it's interrupted and I guess after Natsu gets healed he gets to save the day again? Something like that...
btw, how could Brandish convincingly throw the fight if it's clear she's stronger? And how can Brandish possibly lose any fight if she can BLOW UP YOUR ORGANS. It's not like we ever heard of any magic resistance in the story...

LaZodiac
2016-09-12, 09:54 AM
So... what starts out pretty good turns... eh. FT as usual, then :smalltongue:

No, really, Lucy vs Brandish looks like a lot of fun, but then it's interrupted and I guess after Natsu gets healed he gets to save the day again? Something like that...
btw, how could Brandish convincingly throw the fight if it's clear she's stronger? And how can Brandish possibly lose any fight if she can BLOW UP YOUR ORGANS. It's not like we ever heard of any magic resistance in the story...

We kind of did last chapter with Neinhart, due to Irene's enchantments. Incidently Neinhart's ****ing KTFO so all the Historia revived Spriggan are gone now.

But yeah this chapter was...interesting. I'm certain Brandish will use the last of her strength as she dies (and SHE'LL die for real cause she's a villain and redemption equals death) and then Natsu will somehow beat someone who can freeze time perfectly.

LaZodiac
2016-09-17, 09:16 AM
New Chapter!

Brandish's cocky "we're all better than you our win is garunteed you'll die" speech a couple chapters ago is made all the dumber by our villains learning Invel is defeated and Mavis being able to trick Irena and her NOT NOTICING AT ALL.

We do get a cute scene where Gajeel saves Levy's dumb friends from being violenced upon, and he calls them his buddies. We then get a scene that...****ing god damnit Hiro just draw porn. Maybe it's just me but the scene of Levy sitting on Gajeel and scolding him for almost dying is super cute but SO out of place given A WAR IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW PRIORITIES LEVY! Also her shirt says "IRON!" on it and that's cute.

We end with the lady who was implied to be Grandine but isn't saving Brandish from her fatal wound, and we learn that...the magic cancer isn't magic cancer. It's something worse. So I guess whatever demon powers Natsu has is gonna free him and Lucy from this arc's required "sexy torture porn" scene. Great.

I'm glad Fairy Tail is likely ending soon. Embrace sweet death.

Kato
2016-09-17, 05:57 PM
You know, I might be overthinking things but... what is Mavis trying to accomplish by making an illusion of zeref telling Irene to free her illusion? If she is wasting her time in fake!mavis isn't that good enough? Am I putting more thought into this than Hiro did? Maybe... I guess Mavis using an illusion to escape after Invel is down is fine but it seems like it was far too easy.

While I didn't remember and only now noticed (again?), Levy actually had Iron on her shirt for a while but yes, it is super adorable. I can not get over how much I like the two. Butif the "you called us buddies" bit is a little strange, considering Gajeel has been a good guy for years now... (sidenote: did Levy, you know, "grow"?)

Zera seemed... somehow pointless. But we get a kind of cute goodbye again that almost has no hint of loli yuri feelings with naked kids floating in... Mavis' mind?

Honestly, in this case I didn't mind Levy sitting on Gajeel in a "go draw porn!" kind of way. What I do mind is the obvious, and I can't describe it else, tit bondage shot of Lucy. I know time witch is a pervert but... STILL! That's not how you tie up people.

Also, worse than magic cancer? Magic AIDS...? Demon cells erupting from within END?

sidenote: I'm missing my weekly input on OP from you, Zodi :smalltongue:

Zaydos
2016-09-17, 06:03 PM
It was sleight of hand. Mavis made the Zeref illusion to distract Irene. There's a few panels we can't see Mavis in after that. Then when Irene looks back there's illusion Mavis. The implication is she couldn't just replace herself with an illusion (remember she can't turn invisible or teleport), but had to get Irene distracted so she could run off.

LaZodiac
2016-09-17, 07:32 PM
While I didn't remember and only now noticed (again?), Levy actually had Iron on her shirt for a while but yes, it is super adorable. I can not get over how much I like the two. Butif the "you called us buddies" bit is a little strange, considering Gajeel has been a good guy for years now... (sidenote: did Levy, you know, "grow"?)

Zera seemed... somehow pointless. But we get a kind of cute goodbye again that almost has no hint of loli yuri feelings with naked kids floating in... Mavis' mind?

Honestly, in this case I didn't mind Levy sitting on Gajeel in a "go draw porn!" kind of way. What I do mind is the obvious, and I can't describe it else, tit bondage shot of Lucy. I know time witch is a pervert but... STILL! That's not how you tie up people.

Also, worse than magic cancer? Magic AIDS...? Demon cells erupting from within END?

sidenote: I'm missing my weekly input on OP from you, Zodi :smalltongue:

I think it's just her arms pressing her chest together that makes it look like they've grown, honestly. As for Gajeel being a good guy...he has, just not to them really? Like, he's basically had no interaction with them (and Levy hasn't either) since he became a good guy.

Zera being involved was REALLY just Hiro going "READ MY SPIN OFFS I DREW THREE MANGA AT ONCE FOR LIKE A MONTH DO IT!" and no one should bite.

I only brought it up because the pose is SUCH a cheesecake shot and THEY'RE STILL FIGHTING at the time to, it's just out of nowhere. Though yeah Randi s ****ed up with how she ties up people. It's so dumb.

Could of swore I put in my two cents on One Piece. Hmm...I'll get on that. In the meanwhile if you want more Zodi content, I've got game threaaaads.

Kato
2016-09-18, 03:06 AM
It was sleight of hand. Mavis made the Zeref illusion to distract Irene. There's a few panels we can't see Mavis in after that. Then when Irene looks back there's illusion Mavis. The implication is she couldn't just replace herself with an illusion (remember she can't turn invisible or teleport), but had to get Irene distracted so she could run off.
Sorry but I feel this makes even less sense (?) That exchange took about ten seconds. If she got in that time to where she is outside she CAN teleport. At least my interpretation is she somehow managed to illusion her way out a while ago (?)

I think it's just her arms pressing her chest together that makes it look like they've grown, honestly. As for Gajeel being a good guy...he has, just not to them really? Like, he's basically had no interaction with them (and Levy hasn't either) since he became a good guy.

Zera being involved was REALLY just Hiro going "READ MY SPIN OFFS I DREW THREE MANGA AT ONCE FOR LIKE A MONTH DO IT!" and no one should bite.

I only brought it up because the pose is SUCH a cheesecake shot and THEY'RE STILL FIGHTING at the time to, it's just out of nowhere. Though yeah Randi s ****ed up with how she ties up people. It's so dumb.

Could of swore I put in my two cents on One Piece. Hmm...I'll get on that. In the meanwhile if you want more Zodi content, I've got game threaaaads.

Well, we hardly ever see the two anyway let alone someone else talking to them... but I felt Gajeel being nice-ish to people in general was kind of implied. Maybe it's about how he talks to people...

Hehe, possible. But then I'll admit doing three manga for I think longer than a month is kind of impressive.

Well, I just mentioned it out of curiosity. It's not like I'm addicted to your posts or anything :smallwink: (But maybe I'll check those out)

lord_khaine
2016-09-18, 04:50 AM

Actually.. thats exactly how you tie people up if your a pervert.. Its just a bad way to tie people to a chair though :smallredface:

Most likely just the result of observations made by people who dont know they are looking at END.

In Hiro's defence one of those 3 manga's were actually really good. People who liked the original FT should certainly bite.

norival1992
2016-09-18, 09:54 AM
We already have 7 Dragon Slayers, so I don't think so. We'll probably see God and Devil Slayers though. Or Angel Slayers, which would be badass.

-D-
2016-09-19, 04:50 PM
You know, I might be overthinking things but... what is Mavis trying to accomplish by making an illusion of zeref telling Irene to free her illusion? If she is wasting her time in fake!mavis isn't that good enough? Am I putting more thought into this than Hiro did? Maybe... I guess Mavis using an illusion to escape after Invel is down is fine but it seems like it was far too easy.

Answers:

It's possible she needed Zeref!Illusion to distract Irene, so she can plant Mavis!Illusion.

Zera is basically Mavis magic masturbation. She never was real Zera, who was a bitch. The moment Mavis starts thinking rationally, she fades.

Natsu has Ultra Turbo Magic Demon cancer. Also, gonorrhea. Regular kind.

Can we change title to Where the **** is Apocalypse Dragon?

lord_khaine
2016-09-19, 07:02 PM
I see a disturbing increase in requests for Acnologia. If it picks up he might turn into the new main character of the serie :smallamused:

And yeah we newer voted for the thread title, so if a suggestion gets support we can change the title :smalltongue:

jindra34
2016-09-19, 10:16 PM
I see a disturbing increase in requests for Acnologia. If it picks up he might turn into the new main character of the serie :smallamused:

And yeah we newer voted for the thread title, so if a suggestion gets support we can change the title :smalltongue:

Honestly I remember the time when I argued the main cast surviving the nuking of Tenrou Island by him. If I knew what was coming I never would have suggested it was a decent if predictable move.

khadgar567
2016-09-20, 02:42 AM
whats we know about natsu and his magic cancer if last chapter is believable we might have take over end on natsu's magic list why here is the reasons

zeref's last and successful experiment on life magic
mirajane teached him and happy transformation magic( strauss family speciality( and she shows she can transform zeref demons
he is perfect spot to release unknown potential

so if natsu suddenly turn demon form and f some one I am not gonna get shocked

Kato
2016-09-20, 07:26 AM
mirajane teached him and happy transformation magic( strauss family speciality( and she shows she can transform zeref demons

Huh? :confused: When?

@-D- Kind of the same argument as Zaydos made. At least to me it seems that was way too little time for her to tun to where she is in the next shot. And Zeref was standing there, too. If she just escaped when she made up that Zeref illusion, that should have taken far longer. At least that's how my time guessing on the scene works. Of course I could be wrong but Mavis escaping earlier to me seems to make more sense.

LaZodiac
2016-09-20, 10:37 AM
@-D- Kind of the same argument as Zaydos made. At least to me it seems that was way too little time for her to tun to where she is in the next shot. And Zeref was standing there, too. If she just escaped when she made up that Zeref illusion, that should have taken far longer. At least that's how my time guessing on the scene works. Of course I could be wrong but Mavis escaping earlier to me seems to make more sense.

I actually went back to check on this. There are no pictures of that scene beyond close ups of faces where Mavis could of slipped out. The Mavis in these scenes is also clearly an illusion, since she's not reacting AT ALL to anything. Also, considering how big the rock bits of the guild are. It's too much for her to climb down so quickly. She's been going at it for awhile.

lord_khaine
2016-09-20, 10:49 AM
Kind of the same argument as Zaydos made. At least to me it seems that was way too little time for her to tun to where she is in the next shot. And Zeref was standing there, too. If she just escaped when she made up that Zeref illusion, that should have taken far longer. At least that's how my time guessing on the scene works. Of course I could be wrong but Mavis escaping earlier to me seems to make more sense.

Honestly though, Mavis more or less had to slip away during the Zeref illusion, if she did not make it as a distraction to her captor, then it did not really serve any reason except draw attention to her escape.
I just think the pacing of the pages has been a little bad, and the scene with Maevis climbing the wall is meant to take place a bit later. That or Hiro just did not think to much about how fast a physically 10 year old girl can run.

Kato
2016-09-20, 10:55 AM
Honestly though, Mavis more or less had to slip away during the Zeref illusion, if she did not make it as a distraction to her captor, then it did not really serve any reason except draw attention to her escape.
I just think the pacing of the pages has been a little bad, and the scene with Maevis climbing the wall is meant to take place a bit later. That or Hiro just did not think to much about how fast a physically 10 year old girl can run.

Well, we all know Hiro...
I guess the strongest argument for Mavis slipping away during the scene is that it makes no sense otherwise.
The best argument for Mavis being gone is the scene taking very little time (apparently) and we see no hint of her slipping away (which is not that convincing). Also, Irene comments on how long it takes to extract her magic which could mean she's been trying to extract it from the illusion for a while (though, it could also mean Mavis is just that powerful)

khadgar567
2016-09-20, 11:12 AM
Huh? :confused: When?

I dont know perfecly so not gonna say any thing solid but if you check the wiki article for info
(says he learned in omake )
for mirajane turning demon form it's in current chapter in beginning of war she assumed Satan Soul: Mirajane Seilah (http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Satan_Soul:_Mirajane_Seilah) she says she got the form from tartaros demons

so normal mage can hyberdize with zeref demon then why not natsu can transform demon self( and its nice deus ex machina to balance the scales
plus he say go read my side manga in chapter 502 so he may pull something like go read the omake

LaZodiac
2016-09-20, 02:01 PM
Well, we all know Hiro...
I guess the strongest argument for Mavis slipping away during the scene is that it makes no sense otherwise.
The best argument for Mavis being gone is the scene taking very little time (apparently) and we see no hint of her slipping away (which is not that convincing). Also, Irene comments on how long it takes to extract her magic which could mean she's been trying to extract it from the illusion for a while (though, it could also mean Mavis is just that powerful)

Honestly it feels like Mavis snuck out a long time ago, probably when Irene was powering Neinhart up, and Irene just didn't notice because the illusions are that good. The Zeref illusion would be to buy more time. Irene just has to sit on her ass waiting for Zeref to come back with Mavis, unable to leave cause he told her to stay.

khadgar567
2016-09-21, 03:58 AM
Honestly it feels like Mavis snuck out a long time ago, probably when Irene was powering Neinhart up, and Irene just didn't notice because the illusions are that good. The Zeref illusion would be to buy more time. Irene just has to sit on her ass waiting for Zeref to come back with Mavis, unable to leave cause he told her to stay.
I think we have our first friend fire accident in our hands

lord_khaine
2016-09-21, 05:18 AM

That just doesnt make as much sense, if Mavis's illusions were that good that the greatest female mage seen so far could not spot she were sucking magic from a fake, then how on earth did they ever catch her? Thats Aizen level illusion screwing.

And if Irene were bad enough she could not spot it was an illusion she were working magic on, then the Zeref illusion were completely unneedet. it would not buy more time for her, since it to start with only asked for 3 minuttes. And as it turned out, then it were a huge risk for the entire thing getting spotted.

Moak
2016-09-21, 05:24 AM
My idea is that the Zeref illusion was necessary to distract Irene and allow Mavis to snuck away. It doesn't fill the time and the space she gained in that short exchange but I think it was a trick to make her remove eyes from her and allow the "slip away-put the illusion in place and RUN".

LaZodiac
2016-09-21, 09:23 AM
That just doesnt make as much sense, if Mavis's illusions were that good that the greatest female mage seen so far could not spot she were sucking magic from a fake, then how on earth did they ever catch her? Thats Aizen level illusion screwing.

And if Irene were bad enough she could not spot it was an illusion she were working magic on, then the Zeref illusion were completely unneedet. it would not buy more time for her, since it to start with only asked for 3 minuttes. And as it turned out, then it were a huge risk for the entire thing getting spotted.

I'm honestly just going to choke it up to bad writing, because either way this can go is pretty bad.

Kato
2016-09-21, 01:44 PM
I dont know perfecly so not gonna say any thing solid but if you check the wiki article for info
(says he learned in omake )
for mirajane turning demon form it's in current chapter in beginning of war she assumed Satan Soul: Mirajane Seilah (http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Satan_Soul:_Mirajane_Seilah) she says she got the form from tartaros demons

so normal mage can hyberdize with zeref demon then why not natsu can transform demon self( and its nice deus ex machina to balance the scales
plus he say go read my side manga in chapter 502 so he may pull something like go read the omake
Yeah, but a) what happens in omake mangas is usually only barely canon (FT Zero is not "really" omake, I'd say) and Soul transformation is far different from normal transformation magic. Magic crossing over between people is rare enough and Natsu has never shown interest in anything but fire magic...

Which was just why I complained about it :smallwink: But I don't think we'll get a proper explanation on this, like, ever... So no point arguing?

Zaydos
2016-09-21, 01:47 PM
More importantly you don't need the omake to explain Natsu transforming into his demon side, it's been established he is END, if END has a super-powered demon form Natsu can transform into it, assuming he has learned to master that side of himself. The training with Mirajane in an omake is completely irrelevant to it and would fail to explain it as well as a sentence saying 'yeah remember how I went training to master my END powers I TRAINED TO MASTER MY END POWERS WHEN I DID THAT.'

Kato
2016-09-21, 01:58 PM
More importantly you don't need the omake to explain Natsu transforming into his demon side, it's been established he is END, if END has a super-powered demon form Natsu can transform into it, assuming he has learned to master that side of himself. The training with Mirajane in an omake is completely irrelevant to it and would fail to explain it as well as a sentence saying 'yeah remember how I went training to master my END powers I TRAINED TO MASTER MY END POWERS WHEN I DID THAT.'

Yeah but neither does Natsu KNOW he is END, nor do we know whether END has a super powered demon side. Of course he might have just "trained something he sense inside himself" but... where would that suddenly come from?

HandofShadows
2016-09-21, 02:34 PM
But what if his END demon form/power is fire based? :smallwink:

khadgar567
2016-09-22, 09:06 AM
Yeah, but a) what happens in omake mangas is usually only barely canon (FT Zero is not "really" omake, I'd say) and Soul transformation is far different from normal transformation magic. Magic crossing over between people is rare enough and Natsu has never shown interest in anything but fire magic...

its more of a background point where chapter 52X where he berserks and transforms to E.N.D form nice simple shout out to previous content were the new ability comes from while keeping mystery of natsu and END situation until zeref of one of the flunkies explain it to him

hold you dreadsteed zaydos we know it but he and nearly all cast except gray and enemy side basicly has no f ing idea he can bust out wmd class form until hiro decides to fire that chekhov's gun completely

Yeah but neither does Natsu KNOW he is END, nor do we know whether END has a super powered demon side. Of course he might have just "trained something he sense inside himself" but... where would that suddenly come from?
second time skip where he travel alone with igneels voice( or his demon sides) in his head cuz he learns a way to use remaining power of igneel to boost himself causing his imitate nature to somehow ramp up his demon hybridization form

ıf am hiro I dayview the hybrid form and address it on next chapter since the ending of 520 is perfect place to torture lucy for few panels then natsu awakes to pissed that his girl in such shape that he bankais in to his demon form rips the guy a new arse then calmed by terrified lucy while edo grandinie tells brandish what is realy happening on natsu's body then natsu shows he can turn back to his human form with small flashback to omake where mirajane teaches them transformation magic than lisanna explains how she transform between her forms

Kato
2016-09-26, 06:43 AM
So, yeah, after a few more pages of torture porn - and I really can't find use another word here because EFF YOU HIRO, GO MAKE FAIRY TAIL DOUJIN WITH AS MUCH OF IT AS YOU LIKE BUT LEAVE THE MAIN STORY ALONE WITH THAT WEIRD ****. (Bad enough we start out with that caption on the cover)
I have totally no issue with fanservice, I like it, but torture bondage porn is not something you put in effing Weekly Shonen. If I opened up One Piece and suddenly Oda served me Mingo using his strings for... whatever... I'd be pissed off as well.

Anyway, Lucy goes topless for a bit while angry Natsu saves her and her eyes and then he meets up with Gray and... I guess is crazy with power or something. No, really, we have like no reason for them to fight right now.

Hardly anything to say that wasn't expected.

khadgar567
2016-09-26, 09:32 AM
its more of a background point where chapter 52X where he berserks and transforms to E.N.D form nice simple shout out to previous content were the new ability comes from while keeping mystery of natsu and END situation until zeref of one of the flunkies explain it to him

ıf am hiro I dayview the hybrid form and address it on next chapter since the ending of 520 is perfect place to torture lucy for few panels then natsu awakes to pissed that his girl in such shape that he bankais in to his demon form rips the guy a new arse then calmed by terrified lucy while edo grandinie tells brandish what is realy happening on natsu's body then natsu shows he can turn back to his human form with small flashback to omake where mirajane teaches them transformation magic than lisanna explains how she transform between her forms
ladies and gentleman I realy hate to say this but quote shows it this sob correctly guessed what happened in this chapter correctly

small differences but exactly as I write in the quote we see the attempted torture, berserk, save and explanation only difference is we might have black flamed natsu instead of take over end form and only thing didn't shock me is gray has impeccable timing to become a casualty good thing eva and brandish have edo grandinie with them cuz gray gonna needed some medical attention on next chapter but still my money on lucy gonna manage to calm natsu while gray lying in his own blood

LaZodiac
2016-09-26, 10:13 AM
Man the Spriggan 12 sure are powerful aren't they. I'm so glad they all got revived and returned to full power to get beaten again.

I have nothing to say about this chapter other than the opening title page is the most pedo **** I've seen Hiro do with Wendy and I want it to stop.

Gray vs Natsu won't go anywhere, because it can't.

khadgar567
2016-09-26, 10:29 AM
Man the Spriggan 12 sure are powerful aren't they. I'm so glad they all got revived and returned to full power to get beaten again.

I have nothing to say about this chapter other than the opening title page is the most pedo **** I've seen Hiro do with Wendy and I want it to stop.

well lets have another guess on hiro's next trick well we now natsu and gray gonna fight a little bit gray pushes natsu to literal edge where natsu might gonna bust some physical transformation subconsciously fight continues little longer gray gets greatly injured by one of the natsu's attacks then lucy shields gray tries to reason with natsu and somehow made him calm down and get control of his transformed form they talk few panels where gray names the form as end and edo grandinie finally explains natsu somehow gains take over magic then natsu transform into his human form
here is my next

lord_khaine
2016-09-26, 02:25 PM
Well.. honestely i though this chapter was pretty good. The only thing that annoyed me were the cover page, that was kinda trashy.
But i did not see anything that made me think of torture porn, only Lucy getting a chance to be defiantly badass in the face of an overpowering villian.

And for once just a little tension in the serie. As we are left with the question about if Gray will fight Natsu or not.

Kato
2016-09-26, 05:20 PM
Well.. honestely i though this chapter was pretty good. The only thing that annoyed me were the cover page, that was kinda trashy.
But i did not see anything that made me think of torture porn, only Lucy getting a chance to be defiantly badass in the face of an overpowering villian.

And for once just a little tension in the serie. As we are left with the question about if Gray will fight Natsu or not.

Really, apart from still the same weird position and bondage, her first act was taking off Lucy's bra. And that whole talk about her pretty face seemed really rape-y to me, at least...

Meh, I guess while it could go "I won't fight you, stupid. Why should I?" we NEED to have this fight, I guess. Is what Hiro is thinking. Or maybe I'm misjudging?

Yeah... uhm... how old is Wendy again? I mean, really? Twelve or thirteen? Hiro, please... just stop.

See above regarding my opinion... maybe we'll get a few chapters of pointless fighting but clearly neither will kill the other.

Also... the worst "crazy Natsu" did btw was... give her some bruises and tear her clothes. If this IS END then have him properly hurt her, at least. He's supposed to be crazy, right?

lord_khaine
2016-09-27, 05:03 AM
Really, apart from still the same weird position and bondage, her first act was taking off Lucy's bra. And that whole talk about her pretty face seemed really rape-y to me, at least...

Meh, I guess while it could go "I won't fight you, stupid. Why should I?" we NEED to have this fight, I guess. Is what Hiro is thinking. Or maybe I'm misjudging?

I guess Lucy is losing clothes so swiftly and often that im getting numb to her beign stripped down once again? And the talk about her pretty face seemed really serious to me, with no doubt about how it were meant as a real threat. It were certainly enough to dispel all thoughts about the previous suggestive scenes.

Yeah... uhm... how old is Wendy again? I mean, really? Twelve or thirteen? Hiro, please... just stop.

Of course, as i recall age of consent were about 13 in Japan? or something simularly low? If she is thirteen or fourteen then she is most likely just at the legal line?

Friv
2016-09-27, 10:06 AM
I guess Lucy is losing clothes so swiftly and often that im getting numb to her being stripped down once again? And the talk about her pretty face seemed really serious to me, with no doubt about how it were meant as a real threat. It were certainly enough to dispel all thoughts about the previous suggestive scenes.

I felt like what Hiro was aiming for was that Dimaria is a serial killer, and like many serial killers takes sexual-like pleasure from actual torture.

Which remains way too creepy, because we don't need a sexual serial killer in a shonen series, frankly.

Of course, as i recall age of consent were about 13 in Japan? or something simularly low? If she is thirteen or fourteen then she is most likely just at the legal line?

Yep. It's still super-creepy.

khadgar567
2016-09-27, 10:52 AM
I felt like what Hiro was aiming for was that Dimaria is a serial killer, and like many serial killers takes sexual-like pleasure from actual torture.

Which remains way too creepy, because we don't need a sexual serial killer in a shonen series, frankly.

guy is freak but at least puts himself on wrong position wrong time( aka attacking lucy on natsu's immediate watch)
so any fannon guesses for next chapter my money still on natsu gets something similar to take over magic
reason
mard gear turned in to demon why natsu cant do it they are basicly have similar magic make up

LaZodiac
2016-09-27, 03:11 PM

Another.

We don't need ANOTHER sexual serial killer in a shonen series. That clownpiece ****er from Hunter x Hunter exists. Also that one demon from the Tartarus arc of this very series.

lord_khaine
2016-09-27, 05:02 PM

Oh.. well i certainly think it portrayed Dimaria as a complete and remorseless monster. Of the sort that made it feel good when we knew what sort of smashing that were brewing on the horizont.

Well.. we are of course free to think that. But at the same time i feel its a little wrong to blame Hiro for it. When its legal in his own home country. I mean, here age of consent is 15, so i can understand its a issue with huge cultural differences.

Another.

We don't need ANOTHER sexual serial killer in a shonen series. That clownpiece ****er from Hunter x Hunter exists. Also that one demon from the Tartarus arc of this very series.

Gahh! the problem is that the &%¤ Clown from Hunter x Hunter still exist, instead of having been whiped from existence by one of the true monsters in the serie. But it sadly seems like he is a author favorite, so we might newer get rid of that &%¤ :smallfrown:

LaZodiac
2016-09-27, 11:11 PM
Gahh! the problem is that the &%¤ Clown from Hunter x Hunter still exist, instead of having been whiped from existence by one of the true monsters in the serie. But it sadly seems like he is a author favorite, so we might newer get rid of that &%¤ :smallfrown:

No see it's funny that the pedophile murder clown literally gets an erection from sensing our lead's power levels and our heroes have to witness that happening.

I hate Hunter X Hunter with a passion.

lord_khaine
2016-09-28, 08:36 AM
Im pretty certain that there is nothing supporting said murderclown being a pedophile, he is just addicted to killing stuff.
Also, i am rather certain that the scene your describing has not taken place in any official chapter, do you have any chapter reference for the event?

khadgar567
2016-09-28, 08:50 AM
Im pretty certain that there is nothing supporting said murderclown being a pedophile, he is just addicted to killing stuff.
Also, i am rather certain that the scene your describing has not taken place in any official chapter, do you have any chapter reference for the event?
he means hisoka from hunter x hunter I am certain that they dont make crossover with fairy tail

is fairy tail have crossover with another series other than rave master

lord_khaine
2016-09-28, 09:23 AM
he means hisoka from hunter x hunter I am certain that they dont make crossover with fairy tail

is fairy tail have crossover with another series other than rave master

Yeah i know who she means, its not like we have not already mentioned hunter x hunter a few times. But since the topic became disturbing scenes then we moved out on a slight tangent.

LaZodiac
2016-09-28, 09:38 AM
Yeah i know who she means, its not like we have not already mentioned hunter x hunter a few times. But since the topic became disturbing scenes then we moved out on a slight tangent.

While looking FOR the scene in question, I found this as a reminder of the other time it happened. (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/T_gzxZZuQEc/hqdefault.jpg)

Here is the scene in question during the more recent anime. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3tcy3R2T8U) Highlights include "I see you've grown more delicious, as I suspected" and then we see our heroes looking at his crotch and noticing something. The chapter this happens in is Chapter 158, starting on Page 9.

Let's assume for a second Hisoka isn't actual a pedo and he's just calling these children "delicious fruits" because he's a psycho murderer, the symbolism is there.

lord_khaine
2016-09-28, 10:06 AM
Oh yeah, alright you cant argue with the murderboner in the anime, though i will say its a bit more questionable in the manga.

All the same though, the actual pedo is Biscuit who got it hard for Gon and Killua.

Hisoka has been very clear in that his actual and only interest is to fight extremely strong people and kill them. Gon has an absurd fighting potential, so he is more or less cultivating Gon into an opponent that can give him a good fight.

And honestly, what i find the most disturbing is that somehow its worse that Hisoka might be a pedo, than that he is an actual psychotic murderer who are straight up addicted to killing people, and who have an absurdly high bodycount.

LaZodiac
2016-09-28, 11:02 AM
And honestly, what i find the most disturbing is that somehow its worse that Hisoka might be a pedo, than that he is an actual psychotic murderer who are straight up addicted to killing people, and who have an absurdly high bodycount.

Killua is literally born to be an assassin and their other friend is what happens if Sasuke was actually written well. I can't really blame Hisoka for being a murderer when the entire series is full of unrepentant *******s. But mixing kid fricking with the murder is a bit much. Especially since the implication I've been getting is that Hisoka is meant to be a hero character, despite that.

I think it's safe to say that this is why I still tolerate Fairy Tail by the way. The art never approachs "literally too sick to draw but did it anyway" levels, and the HEROES at least aren't ****ed up monsters.

DiscipleofBob
2016-09-29, 11:50 AM
*comes to Fairy Tail thread to catch up*
*notices long discussion on Hunter X Hunter character*

Woops! Sorry, I must have entered the wrong thread. I'll just be looking for the Fairy Tail discussion.

lord_khaine
2016-09-29, 12:13 PM
Killua is literally born to be an assassin and their other friend is what happens if Sasuke was actually written well. I can't really blame Hisoka for being a murderer when the entire series is full of unrepentant *******s. But mixing kid fricking with the murder is a bit much. Especially since the implication I've been getting is that Hisoka is meant to be a hero character, despite that.

Well.. yes.. its true.. that world is really.. really dark at times. Full of awful monsters in human skin. A place where the extremely rich at times get away with some very sick things. And a place where a family of assasins are straight up allowed to live in peace because they are useful to the goverment. But even in that company Hisoka is a monster. We are talking about a person who we have seen literally kills people just because he is bored. And straight up grooms people to give him a better fight before he kills them. And i just cant comprehend then how the worst thing seemingly is that Hisoka got a boner in front of a couple teenagers.

Woops! Sorry, I must have entered the wrong thread. I'll just be looking for the Fairy Tail discussion.

*hands over a chair*

Here, we are all waiting for something to discuss in FT.

LaZodiac
2016-09-30, 01:27 PM

All garbage is allowed in the Fairy Tail thread. Y'all should read Needless or pay me enough money to do a series on Needless so I can subject you to Needless because it's the worst series I've ever read.

lord_khaine
2016-10-01, 12:15 PM
Well.. if you want a really, really bad serie though, then take a look at the one called Terra formers. See if you can spot the unfortunate implications..

LaZodiac
2016-10-01, 07:40 PM
Well.. if you want a really, really bad serie though, then take a look at the one called Terra formers. See if you can spot the unfortunate implications..

The worst part is that aside from all the garbage and the "literally a genetically breed from the rich super human aryan man" thing Terraformars is actually really good?

lord_khaine
2016-10-02, 04:02 AM
The worst part is that aside from all the garbage and the "literally a genetically breed from the rich super human aryan man" thing Terraformars is actually really good?

Gahh.. is that really the case? i had trouble looking past the unfortunate implications of who the enemy were and how they looked.

Kato
2016-10-02, 05:25 AM
Wait, so I should listen to my friend and watch more than the first episode of that story? :smallconfused:

khadgar567
2016-10-02, 07:27 AM
so apparently lucy and natsu gonna have daughter who knows so lets thing about the kids magic powers if both sides has inheritable magic kid gonna be solid power house between star cloth celestial summoning and fire dragon slayer magic she gonna get from father the only thing hiro might throw wrench is giving kis dragon sumoning powers and somehow allowing her to have multiple dragon slayer arts like her mothers star cloth forms maybe he names like dragon cloth and dragon summoning were kid uses small paper talismans to summon dragons and equip their dragon slayer styles

LaZodiac
2016-10-02, 10:08 AM
Gahh.. is that really the case? i had trouble looking past the unfortunate implications of who the enemy were and how they looked.

It has some really good moments, and ignoring the unfortunate implications of the cockroachs and the aryan super human and the fact that a lot of the writing is "look how awesome this dead person is" it's...it is actually good.

Wait, so I should listen to my friend and watch more than the first episode of that story? :smallconfused:

I mean I wouldn't RECOMMEND it. But it gets better. The first couple episodes are basically a prologue. On the one hand there's a dude who's literally a genetically enhanced through selective breeding by the 1%ers to be the absolute pinnacle of humanity, and he just so happens to be a german with blonde hair and blue eyes, and the cockroachs all look like black people. But there's also a dude who has rainbow shrimp powers and he's a boxer and he fights people using upscaled to human level rainbow shrimp bullet boxing and it's really badass and cool.

...this really puts Fairy Tail into perspective, I think.

-D-
2016-10-03, 07:56 AM
so apparently lucy and natsu gonna have daughter
R.. Really?

New chapter!

In which nothing happens.

khadgar567
2016-10-03, 08:19 AM
R.. Really?

New chapter!

In which nothing happens.
apparently hiro even decided her name check internet they say juvia and gray might be have a daughter to but its not gonna shock me because juvia is literally yandere about gray and hiro burned the only chance to get rid of that *****

Kato
2016-10-03, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't say nothing... I guess while gray trusting Invel is stupid, I can... kind of see it, if he believes natsu lied all this time. Though this seems like a REALLY stupid idea because like NOTHING indicates this to be true. So, yeah, pointless fight is pointless.

Finally: Giant Mavis illusion to the rescue! At least nobody said anything about her skirt... yes, Hiro, I expect you to sink that low. So we will see if the tactitician can fix the problem with the two ultimate mages + Zeref + whatever that White Dragneel is up to... geez, Hiro, your story telling is quite a mess at times...

maybe I'll have another look at Terraformars... just because.

LaZodiac
2016-10-03, 10:19 AM
...so in the end Natsu activated his demon powers cause he thought Lucy was dead. Literally a mirror of Gray, again, only written less good. Again. And for some reason Natsu just "being a demon" is enough to want to kill him. "You're one of the demons Zeref created so I must kill you because Zeref's demons have caused me problems!". Does he try to kill Mirajeane every time she summons that one lady demon using Demon Takeover? This is such a stupid motivation. Also: Gray believing Invel about this at all is STUPID.

Meanwhile Irene is peepin' at Erza and the others, trying to find Mavis. Mavis does a big ole illusion to inspire everyone and that's neat I guess. Also at one point in this Brandish flashes the old lady to show how she reduced her wounds. Also it seems like...whats her name, the stupid time god lady, might become a good guy due to Lucy's words. Because that's what we need, more creepy bondage people who are on the good side.

lord_khaine
2016-10-03, 10:50 AM
I am finding it tiresome how its consistently pretty females that needs to be redeemed, and that it seemingly happens quite often in other mangas does not make it better in any way. Though i guess, if im forced at gunpoint to be fair towards Hiro, then he did also give us a few pretty guys to be redeemed.

Friv
2016-10-03, 11:02 AM
Yeah, Hiro's been a little bit better on redeeming people of both genders, rather than exclusively dropping redemption at the foot of the token woman on the team, but Dimaria does not need redemption. Certainly not quick redemption. If this were a long-running series, maybe she could change over the course of several years, but not from one speech. She is the worst.

And Grey... just, come on, Grey. I know you said you'd kill END, but he's going to go kill Zeref. Deal with him after, if you're going to have some terrible dumb "just because my dad said END was Zeref's ultimate creation, I need to kill him right now" moment.

lord_khaine
2016-10-03, 04:03 PM
Its even more dumb than that though.

END: Im gonna go commit suicide by attacking the strongest black wizard in history.
Gray: No! i need to kill you!

readers : collective facepalm

LaZodiac
2016-10-03, 11:51 PM

END: Im gonna go commit suicide by attacking the strongest black wizard in history.

Man it's even worse because END is, if he's as strong as he's supposed to be, going to kill Zeref. As in the thing our heroes WANT TO DO. This is just stupid.

Razade
2016-10-04, 12:06 AM
Man it's even worse because END is, if he's as strong as he's supposed to be, going to kill Zeref. As in the thing our heroes WANT TO DO. This is just stupid.

It's Fairy Tail. What do you expect? Really, what do you expect?

Zaydos
2016-10-04, 12:26 AM
Still less of a mess than Rave Master was near the end... or the second half.

I mean it was a horrible chapter full of dumb, but... he does not seem to be good at ending stories.

Razade
2016-10-04, 12:33 AM
Still less of a mess than Rave Master was near the end... or the second half.

I mean it was a horrible chapter full of dumb, but... he does not seem to be good at ending stories.

He doesn't seem to be good at writing stories.

Zaydos
2016-10-04, 12:36 AM
He doesn't seem to be good at writing stories.

Rave Master was good until the two Gales died, and Let's story was pretty good. Fairy Tail was pretty good till the Oracion Seis showed up at least and still better than average for its length until the time-skip.

The gaiden stories were all pretty good too. It's once they go on too long he just looses the threads.

LaZodiac
2016-10-04, 12:53 AM
It's Fairy Tail. What do you expect? Really, what do you expect?

Even the slightest bit of baseline competence from a four times published mangaka.

Razade
2016-10-04, 12:59 AM
Even the slightest bit of baseline competence from a four times published mangaka.

There's your problem. Rookie mistake really.

khadgar567
2016-10-04, 02:01 AM
still we have a stupid fight between natsu and gray Lucy and juvia prepare to stop them looks like every thing is groovy on hiro's mind

Kato
2016-10-04, 12:15 PM
Well, slightly in Hiro's defense, there is a certain baseline. There is a level above the worst fanfiction you can find. Certainly, not by a lot, but FT is still basically a coherent story.

-D-
2016-10-04, 03:51 PM

Entire chapter summarized.

Spacewolf
2016-10-07, 12:06 PM
New chapter

So in an alternate world Juvia would be dead, Lucy would be blinded, Marakovs words would actually have some weight and despite his sacrifice Grey and Natsu would still be about to fight thanks to not thinking correctly. That would feel like an final arc. Instead as always there's barely any tension.

khadgar567
2016-10-07, 01:09 PM
New chapter

So in an alternate world Juvia would be dead, Lucy would be blinded, Marakovs words would actually have some weight and despite his sacrifice Grey and Natsu would still be about to fight thanks to not thinking correctly. That would feel like an final arc. Instead as always there's barely any tension.
I dont know about you mate but dim wits are fighting since pre chaper one so its more like naruto vs sasuke fight than end vs gray fight for me ı dont now what lucy gonna do but I say let them beat each other until they solve their problems

Kato
2016-10-08, 06:20 AM
Well, maybe Makarov will actually die.. ha..haha....HAHAHAHA...
Okay, whatever, I kept wondering why nobody bothered using FL... guess now we got the late explanation.

But hey, buffs are awesome if they can turn mooks into threats to Erza. Too bad Irene willnstill lose to totally-not-her-daughter...

Anybody thinking Makarov is actually gone?

lord_khaine
2016-10-08, 06:50 AM
Well shoot, that were actually a good chapter.

to start with i were rather conflicted about if Makarov's sacrifice were stupid or not, when Maevis actually had a plan for winning the fight. But then i thought closer on about what would happen if berserkers that can give Erza a challenge were allowed near anyone else in numbers and came to agree with his reasoning.

And yes, i actually think Makarov bough it here, this is FT, but the setup is slightly different from the other fake deaths we have had.

LaZodiac
2016-10-08, 10:19 AM
Okay so here's the problem with this chapter. It's kind of a big one.

Our heroes are really really REALLY adamant about not killing their enemies. They let that desert moron live, they let Dimaria live, etc etc.

Fairy Law was stated to outright kill the people it hits. Absolute perfect death. So Makarov just gave up his life to murder an entire army of people, when this entire fight they've been doing NOTHING to take these guys out fatally. It comes off out of nowhere and it's basically just one giant excuse to get rid of the massive army so our heroes can have their personal fights with the Spriggan 12...of which only like three remain, because Nienhart, Brandish, and Dimaria are out, and Nienhart being out means all the ones who ACTUALLY died are back to being gone, and Invel lost with basically zero effort on Gray's part.

So we're gonna...get to see Erza fight her Mom, and that's it? The old man sage is still around I think so he'll fight.........the only person left to fight him is Lucy. So he'll have the Spirit King's summoning key or something, the actual key not just putting all Lucy's key together to do it, and she'll do the Lucy thing of stealing it. And then we'll have Gray realize the Light Dragneel is his real opponent for some reason and kill him, and Natsu will punch Zeref in the face and we'll be done.

But yeah...I don't believe Makarov is dead, because at this point we've literally has two or three death fake outs in AS MANY WEEKS, so he's not dead. Because, aha, you see, he only used a nonlethal version o Fairy Law, so it only knocked them out, so it hurt him less. Besides he didn't get big, punch someone once, and then get defeated, so he can't be dead here.

lord_khaine
2016-10-08, 10:31 AM
Hah, took a little while to recognise you, hate when people change avatars, as thats what i look at first :smalltongue:

But no, Fairy law has not at any place been stated to outright kill the enemy. it judges them, but thats not the same. It did not kill anyone the first time it was used, so i cant see why it should do that now.

Anyway, i guess we will see if Makarov survives or not. I think he is dead for real because of the story structure.
This were not done in the fake-out style, that we have seen earlier. Here the entire chapter were more or less shaped as a focus for sending Makarov off, and he were even given a proper death poem (or whatever the correct word for it is)
I mean, look at the last page, you really think so much work would be put into it if he were going to come back?

Edit.
I figured out one of the main things that made me think this is for real. This time its the narator who are holding the goodbye speach for Makarov.

Kato
2016-10-08, 11:17 AM
While I also feel like there was mention of FL's deadliness... Yeah, I don't think it was against... phantom tail, was it? So I guess no genocide here either.

And I have a hard time being convinced of this being a special occasion, we had numerous similar chapters and nothing ever stuck, as far as I recall.

LaZodiac
2016-10-08, 12:05 PM
Hah, took a little while to recognise you, hate when people change avatars, as thats what i look at first :smalltongue:

But no, Fairy law has not at any place been stated to outright kill the enemy. it judges them, but thats not the same. It did not kill anyone the first time it was used, so i cant see why it should do that now.

Anyway, i guess we will see if Makarov survives or not. I think he is dead for real because of the story structure.
This were not done in the fake-out style, that we have seen earlier. Here the entire chapter were more or less shaped as a focus for sending Makarov off, and he were even given a proper death poem (or whatever the correct word for it is)
I mean, look at the last page, you really think so much work would be put into it if he were going to come back?

Edit.
I figured out one of the main things that made me think this is for real. This time its the narator who are holding the goodbye speach for Makarov.

Hey, I started a new LP, so I've gotta go with some new duds :smallamused:

I'm pretty sure Laxus was like "I'll use Fairy Law to kill all of you now that my other murder plans all failed!" but it didn't work because he actually liked everyone. But it's been awhile. Fairy Law's never been used in a way that actually WORKED though, aside from Gajeel's old guild, and even though I think they mentioned that was, again, a weaker version of it.

You say the narrator said it so it must be true, and that's fair, but I don't think this event, story structure wise, has any more or less impact than what Juvia did.

lord_khaine
2016-10-08, 01:36 PM
Well.. it is a little troublesome since FT seemingly more or less equals being knocked unconcious with a permanent defeat a lot of places. And Laxus were messed up enough at that point to think knocking everyone out would magically solve his problems. But when used against Phantom Lord, the only time before where we saw it used by someone competent, then it just knocked people out.

And i think there is a vital difference between here and with Juvia. Juvia would leave a lose end, a broken parring that has been build up for almost the entire serie. Makarov on the other hand, is the old master, the one that needs to go away at some point to leave room for the next generation.

khadgar567
2016-10-09, 04:03 AM
Well, maybe Makarov will actually die.. ha..haha....HAHAHAHA...
Okay, whatever, I kept wondering why nobody bothered using FL... guess now we got the late explanation.

But hey, buffs are awesome if they can turn mooks into threats to Erza. Too bad Irene willnstill lose to totally-not-her-daughter...

Anybody thinking Makarov is actually gone?

so first thing first makarow becomes eternal guild master why you asked bastard somehow cast the law not the diluted fairy version so on the distant finale we gonna still see him as guild master on natsu vs gray aka stupid fight front we still dont see natsu's restraining bolt / lover aka lucy appear in combat so chapter feels dud in my opinion and is any one get the idea of brandish hates his physical assets vibe from her talk

lord_khaine
2016-10-09, 06:28 AM
That.. review honestly dont make a lot of sense.. to start with its most likely a good idea to try and split your sentenses up.

khadgar567
2016-10-10, 01:12 AM
That.. review honestly dont make a lot of sense.. to start with its most likely a good idea to try and split your sentences up.
for what to be honest this is the second anime using naruto sasuke fight as late game story renewal try only thing they add in upcoming chapter is lucy(sakura) appears and calms natsu down. but since gray and natsu are full blown idiotic fight mode what i would say let them fight until they become bros via extensive fist bump ritual

as for old news hiro has blown perfect opportunity to give some character development on gray via death oj juvia( which only fairy tail character ı realy hate) but what he do use wendy to heal her so gray can suffer from yandere lover syndrome

Sliver
2016-10-10, 04:50 AM
for what

If you are posting, it's usually assumed that you want people to read and understand what you are writing. Punctuation would be a great start to make yourself more easily understandable, because as you are writing right now, I'm usually skipping your posts entirely. Yes, I can kinda understand what you are saying, but it requires more effort than I'm willing to put into reading a random post.

khadgar567
2016-10-11, 12:33 AM
If you are posting, it's usually assumed that you want people to read and understand what you are writing. Punctuation would be a great start to make yourself more easily understandable, because as you are writing right now, I'm usually skipping your posts entirely. Yes, I can kinda understand what you are saying, but it requires more effort than I'm willing to put into reading a random post.
ah classic requests for some one who's not a native speaker. but ı will try to put some dot where I need

Razade
2016-10-11, 12:36 AM
ah classic requests for some one who's not a native speaker. but ı will try to put some dot where I need

I mean...you don't have to do anything that people have offered to help people have conversations with you. There are plenty of non-native speakers here on the forums but they at least try to follow syntax and proper punctuation. If that's not something you want to do, it's going to be real hard for us to talk with you. If you just wanna ramble like you usually do about things that have no relevance with the actual story and just....about Lucy and Natsu having a kid and other fanfiction stuff...don't let any of us stop you.

khadgar567
2016-10-11, 01:17 AM
I mean...you don't have to do anything that people have offered to help people have conversations with you. There are plenty of non-native speakers here on the forums but they at least try to follow syntax and proper punctuation. If that's not something you want to do, it's going to be real hard for us to talk with you. If you just wanna ramble like you usually do about things that have no relevance with the actual story and just....about Lucy and Natsu having a kid and other fanfiction stuff...don't let any of us stop you.
And they say my posts are mess. Sorry buddy but its little bit hard to understand what you posti as for kid post I done that to liven up the treat a little and if you check manga itself hiro is slowly shiping natsu and lucy from the get go I think the first gaze happened in phantom lord arc were they save each other from falling so we pretty much have them as legit couple long time

Razade
2016-10-11, 02:20 AM
And they say my posts are mess. Sorry buddy but its little bit hard to understand what you post

What ever you say buddy

khadgar567
2016-10-11, 03:54 AM
What ever you say buddy
so any guesses for upcoming chapter? I am share mine since we know natsu's reason for rage is which he thinks lucy is dead and in few chapters she reveals as alive only time locked for awhile while we have child fight. So on main team everything looks good. On makarov's situation I didn't read mavis manga but from main manga knowledge he casted law spell zeref and mavis used to gain their cursed immortality the main problem / plotline that who is makarov's most loved person as we know he loves all the guild members but it didn't work for mavis's case .
so whats your wild guesses?

Sliver
2016-10-11, 04:14 AM

Neither am I. You choose to write in a different language, so you should make the effort to be more easily understood.

As for the curse, I don't think it will happen. IIRC, Mavis said that the spell was incomplete when she used it, which is why she got that cursed immortality. Here she told him that he will die, and she should be the one that knows best if Makarov would suffer the same fate as her.

I actually hope that he'll die. He's old and doesn't really have a lot of open plotlines attached to him. He's one of the few character that is allowed to die and have an emotional impact.

khadgar567
2016-10-11, 04:46 AM
Neither am I. You choose to write in a different language, so you should make the effort to be more easily understood.

As for the curse, I don't think it will happen. IIRC, Mavis said that the spell was incomplete when she used it, which is why she got that cursed immortality. Here she told him that he will die, and she should be the one that knows best if Makarov would suffer the same fate as her.

I actually hope that he'll die. He's old and doesn't really have a lot of open plotlines attached to him. He's one of the few character that is allowed to die and have an emotional impact.
nah considering until recent chapters mavis basicly in stasis so she didn't have time to fix the spell and if i am hero mishima i use it as plot twist where he goes near dead state but turns back like mavis and use him in sequel manga as guild leader of new generation of twerps as for immediate chapters he looks dead feels dead and mavis on his way to capture the guild so they can put him in stasis to save him

so emotional torque is played

-D-
2016-10-11, 05:42 AM
Pfft. This is MarvelFairy Tail. No one dies for real. That way your favorite characters will be around. Forever. They will never go away.

I am hoping I am wrong but, FT had a million chances to get dramatic tension right and failed.

If Hiro wrote Romeo and Juliet, by the end an evil witch would accidentally resurrect our two lovers, flirt with and grope Juliet, while implying all the bondage stuff she would do to her; before Romeo kicks her and she becomes a friend. That still flirts with Juliet about bondage...

khadgar567
2016-10-11, 09:33 AM
Pfft. This is MarvelFairy Tail. No one dies for real. That way your favorite characters will be around. Forever. They will never go away.

I am hoping I am wrong but, FT had a million chances to get dramatic tension right and failed.

If Hiro wrote Romeo and Juliet, by the end an evil witch would accidentally resurrect our two lovers, flirt with and grope Juliet, while implying all the bondage stuff she would do to her; before Romeo kicks her and she becomes a friend. That still flirts with Juliet about bondage...
if that manage to happen its such epic fail that only the spring time for hitler trope would be explaining the damn mess

LaZodiac
2016-10-11, 11:22 AM

The only problem is they've triggered his death flag like ten times over the course of this series and it never sticks.

I'm actually fairly sure this literally happened already.

-D-
2016-10-11, 11:35 AM
I'm actually fairly sure this literally happened already.
I'm fairly sure, it happened at least a couple of times in FT.

lord_khaine
2016-10-15, 04:37 AM
Well.. things will soon be revealed i hope, but fair warning, if it turns out Makarov is dead next chapter, then im going to count it as a succesful prediction :smalltongue:

khadgar567
2016-10-15, 04:46 AM
Well.. things will soon be revealed i hope, but fair warning, if it turns out Makarov is dead next chapter, then im going to count it as a succesful prediction :smalltongue:
bets on buddy my money is on hiro gonna return him in few chapters

Kato
2016-10-17, 09:01 AM
So, I guess Hiro is stoll trolling us.

Okay, maybe makarov really is dead? I'm not convinced he will be back anymore.. I mean, he is old and stuff... But seriously, people, stop crying, you are in the middle of a battle field!

And... most of the chapter is spent on Natsu vs Gray which would be fine if ERZA WASN'T JUST STOPPING THEM! So we have demon mode evil Gray and END mode crazy Natsu and Erza is just like "yo, kids, stop playing around" and by all means it seems that is what is going to happen. Eff you, Hiro. Yes, Makarov just died so Erza got a good reason to stop these idiots but still, this is not how this fight should have gone, if it had to happen. And I don't mean Erza or someone getting between them, I mean someone stopping them like puny little kids who need to get their butts spanked.

-D-
2016-10-17, 09:14 AM
this is not how this fight should have gone, if it had to happen. And I don't mean Erza or someone getting between them, I mean someone stopping them like puny little kids who need to get their butts spanked.

Yeah. Erza >>> END. Have Erza kill Zeref?

LaZodiac
2016-10-17, 09:45 AM
I'm reminded of the scene where Erza saw a world where she died, ad the entire guild was destroyed with grief over her death.

As broken and stupid as Natsu is, Erza is the most mary sue of them all. One thing I do like is the design of Natsu's be fiery demon hand. I like that, how it sort of resembles bone and stuff. That's cool.

But the rest of this is just silly. Also Irene saying that there's no casualities among the Spriggan 12 despite...everything. I guess she means the remaining 12, but the remaining 12 is...what, herself, the assassin, and sandboy?

Kato
2016-10-17, 10:09 AM
But the rest of this is just silly. Also Irene saying that there's no casualities among the Spriggan 12 despite...everything. I guess she means the remaining 12, but the remaining 12 is...what, herself, the assassin, and sandboy?

Now you're being unfair. August is still around, Brandish just switched sides and don't forget about Holy whatever Slayer something Dragneel. Who still hasn't done ***. I feel like there was someone else I'm forgetting right now...

LaZodiac
2016-10-17, 10:18 AM
Now you're being unfair. August is still around, Brandish just switched sides and don't forget about Holy whatever Slayer something Dragneel. Who still hasn't done ***. I feel like there was someone else I'm forgetting right now...

Okay that's just legit my bad. I forgot August exists and I mean...Brandish switching sides technically means "she's out" as far as I'm concerned, so Irene would probably consider her "dead". And I...also legit forgot about Holy Natsu.

Okay, so five of the 12 are left. Invel and Reinhardt are out, and snce Reinhardt is out Wall and the other dead guys are dead again, though Serena was already redead. Speaking of, wasn't the sandboy also one of the Neinhardt revived people? Left in are August, Irene, Assassinman, Sandboy, and Holynatsu.

lord_khaine
2016-10-17, 11:32 AM
Well.. im going to wait a few more chapters before i say that i called it. But evidence certainly is continuing to pile up.

Else, all in all a good chapter. I liked Laxus continuing to act grown up and responsible, its one of the reasons for why i think Makarov will be allowed some rest.

And while Gray and Natsu randomly bashing on eacher other were a little dull, then i also liked that its Erza who is going to knock some sense into their heads yet again. Its a nice callback to how she used to do so at the start of the serie.

Zaydos
2016-10-17, 01:19 PM
I thought the fact that Erza's arms were obviously injured by the attacks was also a nice touch, one burnt, one cracked. It's the first time either of them managed to so much as scratch her. In the first half of the series it would have played a role in having her be out of the big fight.

lord_khaine
2016-10-17, 01:25 PM
Oh yes indeed Zaydos, i also thought that was a nice detail. Natsu and Gray are all grown up now, and it is physically hurting Erza to once more jump in between them.

Kato
2016-10-17, 01:38 PM
While it is nice... even if this is Erza, her arms should be more than a little hurt, they should be broken if the boys are really that powerful now *sulks* As Zodiac said, if she's that powerful, send her to kill Zeref already.

Also, while I don't play Overwatch, I can't help thinking of Mei with Gray's Icewall spam.

Zaydos
2016-10-17, 01:47 PM
END's ability to kill Zeref is not just a thing of pure power, though. It's a thing designed to negate his defenses. If Natsu was suddenly more powerful than Erza it'd be jarring, being able to get around immunity X doesn't require him to be the most powerful character in the series, and it's actually refreshing to see it done where it's not just 'he is the most powerfullest' (even if Hiro keeps back sliding into it).

HandofShadows
2016-10-17, 02:40 PM

I think it was that there were no more losses of teh 12 due to what Makarov did. Not that there had not been losses.

Friv
2016-10-17, 05:24 PM
Okay that's just legit my bad. I forgot August exists and I mean...Brandish switching sides technically means "she's out" as far as I'm concerned, so Irene would probably consider her "dead". And I...also legit forgot about Holy Natsu.

Okay, so five of the 12 are left. Invel and Reinhardt are out, and snce Reinhardt is out Wall and the other dead guys are dead again, though Serena was already redead. Speaking of, wasn't the sandboy also one of the Neinhardt revived people? Left in are August, Irene, Assassinman, Sandboy, and Holynatsu.

No, Sandboy inexplicably survived being shot by a cannon, stabbed, and then falling several thousand feet on to stone. He's totally alive.

And in Irene's defense, she might not know that Brandish has switched sides yet, so she might be considering there to be six Spriggans left.

Callos_DeTerran
2016-10-17, 11:33 PM
Isn't Dimaria also still alive and uncaptured? I know END Natsu severally injured her but she's not dead or captured as far as I know...right? Or am I forgetting something? I feel like I'm forgetting something.

LaZodiac
2016-10-18, 12:29 AM
Isn't Dimaria also still alive and uncaptured? I know END Natsu severally injured her but she's not dead or captured as far as I know...right? Or am I forgetting something? I feel like I'm forgetting something.

Her cloths got damaged she's done.

Callos_DeTerran
2016-10-18, 12:42 AM
Her cloths got damaged she's done.

Eh...probably...they'll probably wrap up her stuff with Brandish at most.

Friv
2016-10-18, 12:47 AM

After Dimaria got the snot beaten out of her by Natsu, and Brandish and the Fairies showed up to save Lucy, Brandish told the Fairies to slap magic-restraining cuffs on Dimaria before she recovered, because of her time magic. The implication was that they succeeded, since we saw them continuing to move on without getting time magicked afterward, so Dimaria is out of the fight for the moment.

Conceivably, she could be rescued again, but that ship has probably sailed.

Haruspex_Pariah
2016-10-19, 01:45 AM
Well I personally think that Erza stopping the fight has less to do with her power level and more to do with the fact that someone they both care about suddenly appeared before them. Had they both gone all out on her (you know what I mean) she'd probably be a lot more hurt. Or alternately, she's more hurt than she looks and Natsu and Gray will then stop fighting out of guilt.

lord_khaine
2016-10-19, 05:25 PM
Well, both Gray and Natsu looked really surprised about Erza suddenly being there, so i dont know if they managed to pull their punches or not.

But a good explanation for why they did not inflict more damage than that is that their punches were stopped halfway though the swing, before they had managed to gather momentum. So the damage we see mainly comes from Erza touching an absurdly hot/cold fist with her bare hand.

lord_khaine
2016-10-24, 10:32 AM
So, surprisingly enough, we get yet another really good chapter. It both managed to invoke a bit of emotion regarding the shared past of Erza, Natsu and Gray, with a rather warm but not overdone flashback.
We also got some decent action with the fight against August, and things even ended up with an actual interesting cliffhanging, that now leaves us wondering about who the scarlett sorceress is, now she turns out not to be Erza's mom. Im personally guessing either magical clone, or alternate version of some sort.

Also, at this point i think its fair to say i called it, Makarov is dead and will be staying that way :smalltongue:

LaZodiac
2016-10-24, 10:38 AM
Aaaah a good chapter. Though the Oracion Seis part was bad because who cares at this point, what even happened there?

The most concerning thing is Irena saying "I am you and you are me". Lady that's not how childbirth...works. Unless she's NOT her mother, in which case, why the scar? Are they clones? Why would they be clones that's stupid.

Kato
2016-10-24, 10:51 AM
[...]that's stupid.

You seem to forget who writes this series :smalltongue:

Okay, apart from the build up stupid of two OP berserkers being stopped by Erza ("she's Erza, that's why!") it's a pretty decent chapter. I'm even fine with the look at August's battle, though I think we never even knew that one started (?). We'll see how this ends...

As for Irene... yeah, I'm not convinced she's not her mom. Though maybe mom/clone? As in, she impregnated herself with her clone? :smallconfused: I know this would usually not make sense but... it's FT, so...

It's just hard to judge her age to make a proper call.

MAYBE the scar could be some conjoined twins thing? But then where is Erza's... Eh, I'm not going to come up with more crazy theories. I guess we'll know next week.

sidenote: Bets on August? Just super learning skill and adapt at all things magic or some kind of copy/analyse magic or...?

kjelfalconer
2016-10-24, 11:01 AM
sidenote: Bets on August? Just super learning skill and adapt at all things magic or some kind of copy/analyse magic or...?

I'd say the former, for the simple reason that the latter describes Rufus' memory make magic, and if he's trying to hammer home the power of August he wouldn't just give him the same power as a b-list member of Sabertooth from pre-timeskip 2. Besides, the traditional weakness of power copying is quantity, and August is handling at least four people with no apparent effort right now.

Haruspex_Pariah
2016-10-24, 12:25 PM
Didn't Irene have the ability to make weapons come to life (her two minions that were introduced with her and got "killed" by Mirajane)? Maybe Erza is like a more advanced version, or one that was designed to resemble her.

Kato
2016-10-24, 12:41 PM
Didn't Irene have the ability to make weapons come to life (her two minions that were introduced with her and got "killed" by Mirajane)? Maybe Erza is like a more advanced version, or one that was designed to resemble her.

Well, eff, that makes enough sense for Hiro to do...

lord_khaine
2016-10-24, 12:41 PM
Im kinda surprised how people can get in a theory..
Like we have for a long while thought Irene were Erza's mom without any evidence for it besides apperance and magic power.
And when we then get solid evidence pointing in another direction people starts to doubt the evidence :smallconfused:

edit.
It is of course always a little hard to predict whats going on, when there is always the risk of a bad translation. But personally i suspect that Irene and Erza were originally the same being, that were somehow split though magic. I think thats the explanation that makes most sense if we assume Irene spoke the truth.

LaZodiac
2016-10-24, 01:14 PM
You seem to forget who writes this series :smalltongue:

Okay, apart from the build up stupid of two OP berserkers being stopped by Erza ("she's Erza, that's why!") it's a pretty decent chapter. I'm even fine with the look at August's battle, though I think we never even knew that one started (?). We'll see how this ends...

As for Irene... yeah, I'm not convinced she's not her mom. Though maybe mom/clone? As in, she impregnated herself with her clone? :smallconfused: I know this would usually not make sense but... it's FT, so...

It's just hard to judge her age to make a proper call.

MAYBE the scar could be some conjoined twins thing? But then where is Erza's... Eh, I'm not going to come up with more crazy theories. I guess we'll know next week.

I just thought of a really ufcking stupid idea.

Irene. All those eye imageries. Irene. Eye-rene. She's Erza's eyeball. It's probably not this. It better NOT be this. Because it's fucing STUPID and I better not of made it real by saying it.

August probably just learned EVERY magic, like they said. He's just that knowledgable.

That could work. Erza's so broken because she's made out of weapons.

Im kinda surprised how people can get in a theory..
Like we have for a long while thought Irene were Erza's mom without any evidence for it besides apperance and magic power.
And when we then get solid evidence pointing in another direction people starts to doubt the evidence :smallconfused:

edit.
It is of course always a little hard to predict whats going on, when there is always the risk of a bad translation. But personally i suspect that Irene and Erza were originally the same being, that were somehow split though magic. I think thats the explanation that makes most sense if we assume Irene spoke the truth.

The C section scar and the red hair and the being an adult who looks identical to Erza, it all pointed towards a pretty obvious thing. Erza being an orphan also helped with this. We'll see. It's not that we're doubting the evidence, it's just "you are me and I am you" is a stupid ****ing thing to say to your kid, and the other theories on what Erza is range from "clone made with enchantment" which doesn't explain the scar, and "it's her eyeball" which I just came up with and want someone to shoot me over.

Friv
2016-10-24, 02:13 PM
Aaaah a good chapter. Though the Oracion Seis part was bad because who cares at this point, what even happened there?

The most concerning thing is Irena saying "I am you and you are me". Lady that's not how childbirth...works. Unless she's NOT her mother, in which case, why the scar? Are they clones? Why would they be clones that's stupid.

Perhaps the twist is that Erza is a magically-enchanted being the way that those two soldiers earlier were, and Eileen empowered her with all of her own magic. This would be why they are the same, but also Eileen is a mother.

lord_khaine
2016-10-24, 04:27 PM
The C section scar and the red hair and the being an adult who looks identical to Erza, it all pointed towards a pretty obvious thing. Erza being an orphan also helped with this. We'll see. It's not that we're doubting the evidence, it's just "you are me and I am you" is a stupid ****ing thing to say to your kid, and the other theories on what Erza is range from "clone made with enchantment" which doesn't explain the scar, and "it's her eyeball" which I just came up with and want someone to shoot me over.

Oh yeah, before this chapter i also though it was an obvious thing, but we only had circumstantiel evidence for it. So thats why it makes me shocked to hear complaints about "stupid things to say to your kid", when what she says make it sound a lot like she is in fact not Erza's mother. I mean, the scar that you in particular mentions can have a hundred different explanations, ranging from "she once got careless and someone managed to stab her with a knife" to "she really likes guys (supported by her banter with Acnologia), and got a handful of kids back home".

LaZodiac
2016-10-25, 12:36 AM
Oh yeah, before this chapter i also though it was an obvious thing, but we only had circumstantiel evidence for it. So thats why it makes me shocked to hear complaints about "stupid things to say to your kid", when what she says make it sound a lot like she is in fact not Erza's mother. I mean, the scar that you in particular mentions can have a hundred different explanations, ranging from "she once got careless and someone managed to stab her with a knife" to "she really likes guys (supported by her banter with Acnologia), and got a handful of kids back home".

But all of those are really stupid theories compared to the far more reasonable "Erza's her kid" theory. It's an oddity of fandom, yes. We'll see where this goes.

khadgar567
2016-10-25, 05:27 AM
I just thought of a really ufcking stupid idea.

Irene. All those eye imageries. Irene. Eye-rene. She's Erza's eyeball. It's probably not this. It better NOT be this. Because it's fucing STUPID and I better not of made it real by saying it.

August probably just learned EVERY magic, like they said. He's just that knowledgable.

That could work. Erza's so broken because she's made out of weapons.

hello unlimited sword works erza edition do you want that yes please hiro do it

rule 1 of villian to hero dialog put some mind screw so they cant fight since irene dropped chekhov's hammer on damn encounter its gonna look interesting on next chapters by the way jelal gonna unleash some sort of deus ex machina type spell in upcoming chapters

Perhaps the twist is that Erza is a magically-enchanted being the way that those two soldiers earlier were, and Eileen empowered her with all of her own magic. This would be why they are the same, but also Eileen is a mother.
nah.I think she gonna use complately unknown inherited tecnique were she gets the ability to empower her swords or cast unlimited blade works on her mother

lord_khaine
2016-10-25, 07:40 AM
But all of those are really stupid theories compared to the far more reasonable "Erza's her kid" theory. It's an oddity of fandom, yes. We'll see where this goes.

If... you want to talk about reasonable.. then when we have two random people that look a lot like each other.. is it then not more reasonable to think its a coincidence.. than that they are related? :smalltongue:

-D-
2016-10-25, 07:48 AM
If... you want to talk about reasonable.. then when we have two random people that look a lot like each other.. is it then not more reasonable to think its a coincidence.. than that they are related? :smalltongue:

I have traveled from the future and saw the truth. Eileen is Alternate universe Erza :smalltongue:

lord_khaine
2016-10-25, 09:31 AM
I have traveled from the future and saw the truth. Eileen is Alternate universe Erza

Shoo! Shoo!! we have had enough of alternate universe shenanigans already!

khadgar567
2016-10-25, 09:44 AM
until jellal's gambit of resurrecting zeref in tower of heaven we just have three people looked exactly like each other jellal, siegrain (jellal's astral clone) and mystogan(aka edolas jellal) so there is realy a good chance we might hit clone of erza with different magic style and still bicker like old couple about is luau dancing earth magic using erza is same as real one or not while hiro laughing his ar*e of about fan reactions about his last chapter

and for literally upcoming chapters erza is gonna definitely use new magic which gonna be cluch against ireane while we are watching luke you are my son moment about them :)

LaZodiac
2016-10-25, 09:56 AM
I have traveled from the future and saw the truth. Eileen is Alternate universe Erza :smalltongue:

Between this and my "it's her eye after having been filled up with magic" I think we've covered the range of ****ty theories so well that whatever the truth is won't be as impactful or bad. Good job boys.

khadgar567
2016-10-25, 10:04 AM
Between this and my "it's her eye after having been filled up with magic" I think we've covered the range of ****ty theories so well that whatever the truth is won't be as impactful or bad. Good job boys.
thanks sir.

Kato
2016-10-25, 02:15 PM
Wait, wait, wait, I got another! Irene is Future!Erza and Erza!Mom at the same time! In a few years she will travel to the past using the Celestial gate while being pregnant with Jellal's kid, and then give birth, leave her to be raised by FT and go through all kinds of **** just to meet her now and... get killed by her? Not sure how this plays out but surely it's better than magic eyeballs. :smalltongue:

-D-
2016-10-25, 03:34 PM
Wait, wait, wait, I got another! Irene is Future!Erza and Erza!Mom at the same time! In a few years she will travel to the past using the Celestial gate while being pregnant with Jellal's kid, and then give birth, leave her to be raised by FT and go through all kinds of **** just to meet her now and... get killed by her? Not sure how this plays out but surely it's better than magic eyeballs. :smalltongue:
It's clone of eyeball of Future!Erza, from parallel universe that is also Erza!Mom in this universe! Also Erza is secretly Jellal that fell into potion of Gender Flip potion. Beat the stupidity of that :smalltongue:

khadgar567
2016-10-26, 01:34 AM
okay we are having crack ideafest about erza and irene here is rational one they are twin sisters who separated after birth

LaZodiac
2016-10-27, 12:14 AM
okay we are having crack ideafest about erza and irene here is rational one they are twin sisters who separated after birth

I mean that would explain the scar, if they were some kind of conjoined twin thing potentially. I hate that so many ideas make sense.

lord_khaine
2016-10-27, 12:44 AM
I mean that would explain the scar, if they were some kind of conjoined twin thing potentially. I hate that so many ideas make sense.

No, then Erza should have had a simular scar, and she dont.

LaZodiac
2016-10-27, 02:42 AM
No, then Erza should have had a simular scar, and she dont.

True.

God, it's weird but I actually can't wait for the next chapter to come out. Been...forever since I had this feeling for Fairy Tail.

-D-
2016-10-31, 08:54 AM
New comic.

God dammit! Where is Acknologia, when you need him...

So, Holy Ignel is Zeref's son - aka Sir Massive Orgazmo. As in, he gives pleasure/damnation to those that experienced "pleasure", whatever that is.

Kato
2016-10-31, 09:20 AM
New comic.

God dammit! Where is Acknologia, when you need him...

So, Holy Ignel is Zeref's son - aka Sir Massive Orgazmo. As in, he gives pleasure/damnation to those that experienced "pleasure", whatever that is.

No... this is a new level of perversion. Even demon sadist was more subtle that this...

So... this magic tests...I must say it... your virginity? That's whathe implied, right? If you had sex you will feel like... okay, I'll stop there.

Anywy, I guess if that means "light" for Hiro, whatever. I'm not even going to start making guesses on who was not affected and why... (well, we all know how it worked on Levy and Gajeel but...) ANYWAY, Irene remains mysterious... not much else to say we didn't kind of know already.. (Well, we all assumed Rakheid was zeref's creation even if we never really discussed it, right?)

Next week... Kagura vs Rakheid. Good thing she is pure, I guess.

Friv
2016-10-31, 09:44 AM
No... this is a new level of perversion. Even demon sadist was more subtle that this...

So... this magic tests...I must say it... your virginity? That's what he implied, right? If you had sex you will feel like... okay, I'll stop there.

Anywy, I guess if that means "light" for Hiro, whatever. I'm not even going to start making guesses on who was not affected and why... (well, we all know how it worked on Levy and Gajeel but...) ANYWAY, Irene remains mysterious... not much else to say we didn't kind of know already.. (Well, we all assumed Rakheid was zeref's creation even if we never really discussed it, right?)

Next week... Kagura vs Rakheid. Good thing she is pure, I guess.

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh.

It doesn't seem to be entirely virginity, since the spell starts to affect Yukino and the cats after Rakheel starts molesting them and I can't believe I even typed that garbage what the HELL Hiro.

-D-
2016-10-31, 09:47 AM

Fixed the spoiler tag.

EDIT: It's not sex. Mavis had 0 sex and she was affected... Unless, kiss counts. Or illusinonary sex with Zera. Also even Zeref seemed to be affected/pissed. Then again...

Sliver
2016-10-31, 09:50 AM
Arrrrrrrrrrrgh.

It doesn't seem to be entirely virginity, since the spell starts to affect Yukino and the cats after Rakheel starts molesting them and I can't believe I even typed that garbage what the HELL Hiro.

I think that was a different spell. He ended the mass orgasm spell after Zeref told him to, but started... Pleasuring, Yukino and the cats directly, which doesn't seem to require them to have experienced pleasure before.

So... The First did get affected eventually... Huh... Why Hiro, why?

LaZodiac
2016-10-31, 09:56 AM
So the magical power of Holy Dragneel, who claims to be Zeref's son (but is probably another brother clone) is THE POWER TO KILL NON VIRGINS WITH ORGASMS. He can also make light tentacles to directly stimulate people to death, even if his anti sex haver spell wouldn't.

I ****ing hate everything.

WHY IS MAVIS AFFECTED BY THIS?! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN, EXACTLY? DID SHE AND ZEREF DO IT?!

-D-
2016-10-31, 09:57 AM
I think that was a different spell. He ended the mass orgasm spell after Zeref told him to, but started... Pleasuring, Yukino and the cats directly, which doesn't seem to require them to have experienced pleasure before.

So... The First did get affected eventually... Huh... Why Hiro, why?

Looking at FT Reddit. The most common saying is "I'm so confused." and "WTF did I just read". Say about Reddit what you want, Reddit sometimes strikes the essence.

EDIT:

WHY IS MAVIS AFFECTED BY THIS?! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN, EXACTLY? DID SHE AND ZEREF DO IT?
Holy Orgasmo is actually, Mavis' son :smallcool:

Kato
2016-10-31, 10:40 AM
I ****ing hate everything.

WHY IS MAVIS AFFECTED BY THIS?! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN, EXACTLY? DID SHE AND ZEREF DO IT?!
Sssh, calm down. There is still... uhm... there is... Well, WENDY is not affected. That's something, right?

Also: Yes, exactly.

This makes too much sense to not be true... help.

At first I assumed the spell affected kind-of-evil people... I so wish I was right...

So... I can't believe I'm asking this but I wonder... what if you never actually did it but still "know the pleasure"? And what if you did it but don't...?

LaZodiac
2016-10-31, 10:44 AM
Sssh, calm down. There is still... uhm... there is... Well, WENDY is not affected. That's something, right?

Also: Yes, exactly.

At first I assumed the spell affected kind-of-evil people... I so wish I was right...

So... I can't believe I'm asking this but I wonder... what if you never actually did it but still "know the pleasure"? And what if you did it but don't...?

I have to assume that all it cares about is if you've done it or not. Because if we take away all the nice imagery, what you're basically asking is "does masturbating and unenjoyable sex count" and let's be fair Lucy and Cana definitely would of done the former, so that rules that out. And given how Hiro writes I don't think sexual assault exists in this universe beyond the bondage demon and forcing that one girl in Sabretooth to strip naked in front of everyone.

Also the one set of people we DIDN'T get shown during the montage of people getting affected was Gajeel and Levi, I realize, which is bothering me far more than it should.

I feel sick just thinking of and writing down some of these things, by the way. I'm all for sex and love and stuff, but please don't make a character who makes people who've had sex orgasm to death. Just don't.

lord_khaine
2016-10-31, 10:50 AM
I can believe im saying this.. so lets swiftly change the subject.. there were mysteriously enough no episode of FT released this week, apply mental censoring.

Anyone read anything actually interesting?
Magi does resemble FT a bit, and its most likely the best handling of adult themes in have seen in a shonen manga.

And as for less know series, then the story of Akatsuki no Yona is also pretty good. Its a comming of age story about a princess on the run, but it contain a decent amount of action since she also have a rather badass bodyguard.

LaZodiac
2016-10-31, 11:06 AM
Magi resembles Fairy Tail the way ice cream resembles mashed potatoes. Magi it the ice cream here by the way. It's fantastic.

khadgar567
2016-10-31, 11:27 AM
okay first we have pervert dragon zirconis then this spell I thing hiro has officially found perfect villain for his stories and my mental image gets pretty active for fanon bastard character right know sorry but muhahahahahhahahaha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVY1-v97Mic

-D-
2016-10-31, 12:10 PM
Magi resembles Fairy Tail the way ice cream resembles mashed potatoes. Magi it the ice cream here by the way. It's fantastic.
Funny that you mention it. Mashed potatoes are used in commercials as substitute for Ice Cream.

We are talking about Magi: The Labyrinth?

LaZodiac
2016-10-31, 12:25 PM
Funny that you mention it. Mashed potatoes are used in commercials as substitute for Ice Cream.

That's why I brought it up. Mashed Potatoes look nice under the right conditions, but it is NOT ice cream, and if you want ice cream you don't want mashed potatoes.

We are talking about Magi: The Labyrinth, yeah. AKA "Alibaba and the Political Revolution Of The Republic"

lord_khaine
2016-10-31, 03:21 PM
Yeah.. i mean.. what else is there to talk about? :smalltongue:

And while i think the current topic is a little boring, then also applaud the way that the comic has handled other sensitive topics, like povery and war, or prejudice.
I certainly like how the fights are handled though, as i recall just about every singel meaningful opponent has been defeated though cunning.

Hmm.. though i guess we should be very careful with spoilers here. Not certain everyone has read it, and some people might want to give it a try based on the recomendations.

Kato
2016-10-31, 03:30 PM

What? Do American mashed potatoes look that different from German? Because those don't look like ice cream at all...
I never read magi but I feel as sugar coated as FT is it's more likely to be the ice-cream here :smallbiggrin:

Well, we all know how gajeel and levy would react... But yes, it would have been really nice to see, Hiro! Also... No offense but... Cana not reacting is weird...

LaZodiac
2016-10-31, 03:49 PM
Well, we all know how gajeel and levy would react... But yes, it would have been really nice to see, Hiro! Also... No offense but... Cana not reacting is weird...

Cana's a pure maiden who's never laid with someone.

Some ****ing how, despite being the team hyper drunk who literally spent half the series trying to do just that with Lucy.

-D-
2016-11-01, 03:12 AM
Cana's a pure maiden who's never laid with someone.

Some ****ing how, despite being the team hyper drunk who literally spent half the series trying to do just that with Lucy.
Also Mavis was affected. Wtf. Zeref wasn't. Probably. Eileen/Irene was.

Sense - this comic makes non. When did FT start being so bad?

Razade
2016-11-01, 03:22 AM
Also Mavis was affected. Wtf. Zeref wasn't. Probably. Eileen/Irene was.

Zeref was affected. Page 20, bottom center panel. He's obviously resisting the effects.

Sense - this comic makes non. When did FT start being so bad?

Chapter 131 or there around. Really it started going downhill during the Battle for Fairy Tail arc which was around 103, but the Oracion Seis Arc was when it got really shoddy. That was followed up by the Edolas Arc which...I was going to say is the lowest point of the series but this latest arc has really shown me how wrong I could be on that front. So yeah. Somewhere between Chapter 103 to 165. That's when FT really went stupid. The Tower of Heaven arc was pretty lame too by the end as well.

-D-
2016-11-01, 05:22 AM
What? Do American mashed potatoes look that different from German? Because those don't look like ice cream at all...
No?? Given properly mashed potatoes, it can look like ice cream, given sufficient makeup. Think about it, ice cream melts in spotlight or emits smoke if cooled enough. Ergo ANY picture of ice cream in ads must be mashed potatoes.

Zeref was affected. Page 20, bottom center panel. He's obviously resisting the effects.
Was he? Wow, Captain Orgasmo almost managed to kill his dad (yes - I know he can't kill him). Yes, I'm calling the Holy Dragneel - Captain Orgasmo. Deal with it.

khadgar567
2016-11-01, 09:19 AM

at least hiro knows his fan service in magi we just have flat chested morgana as only material here in fairy tail each girl who is 17 and up is fan service material and funny thing is they just needed job as reason to wear what your sick fantasy wants:

LaZodiac
2016-11-01, 09:55 AM
at least hiro knows his fan service in magi we just have flat chested morgana as only material here in fairy tail each girl who is 17 and up is fan service material and funny thing is they just needed job as reason to wear what your sick fantasy wants:

You very rarely say anything that makes sense from even the most basic of grammatical standpoints, but THIS is understandable enough for me to say something.

1: What the hell does it it matter, Fairy Tail's fanservice IS AWFUL, you don't want that level of fanservice

2: The wind Djinn. (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/48/33/b8/4833b84be8cba5b5db50b19cb9792a9e.jpg) Warning: Link NSFW, has nipples.

On the subject of Magi, and Morganna actually, she's ****ing awesome. You should all read Magi.

-D-
2016-11-01, 10:30 AM
@LaZodiac: Which do you find worse? Bleach or Fairy Tail. If so, why?

LaZodiac
2016-11-01, 10:42 AM
@LaZodiac: Which do you find worse? Bleach or Fairy Tail. If so, why?

That's a fascinating question. Bleach is far more wasted potential, in almost every single conceivable way. It typically has better art, and a lot of what it COULD of done would of been AMAZING and instead it's just bad. Fairy Tail is a lot less good "in general" but has actually done some of it's stuff REALLY GOOD. I still think the constant way they've sold Acnologia of being a genuine threat is actually really good, and Acnologia himself is a rad as hell villain from both a design and story stand point, and is far more compelling than Bleach's final villain. But again, Bleach's final villain could be SO MUCH MORE, Kubo just didn't DO ANYTHING with it, and dropped the ball.

In terms of actual INFURIATION, I feel like Fairy Tail wins as "worse" but Bleach is worse in terms of "disappointment". Bleach, even when it's bad, REALLY BAD, could also be hilarious. It's just depressing that such a big manga turned so crappy.

Here is sort of a...primer, let's say, to sort of explain my thoughts. As of last chapter Fairy Tail has now had a very creepy sex related "thing". I take almost no pleasure in talking about this scene to people because it's just uncomfortable and awful. It is baffling.

Meanwhile in Bleach, I LOVE to talk about how Giselle is a possible transvestite who is 100% a necrophiliac. It is HILARIOUS.

khadgar567
2016-11-01, 10:45 AM
You very rarely say anything that makes sense from even the most basic of grammatical standpoints, but THIS is understandable enough for me to say something.

1: What the hell does it it matter, Fairy Tail's fanservice IS AWFUL, you don't want that level of fanservice

2: The wind Djinn. (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/48/33/b8/4833b84be8cba5b5db50b19cb9792a9e.jpg) Warning: Link NSFW, has nipples.

On the subject of Magi, and Morganna actually, she's ****ing awesome. You should all read Magi.
I know the damn wind djinn. Hell she is the reason lot of my recent personal homebrew got stuck. And as for hiro and his brand of fan service its less then what you guys thing it is we just have regular maid, belly dancer and some naked time not that some thing like naked slave chariot or that caliber stuff. if i am in his place as creator lets just dont open that box because the moment i get my dirty little paws on that series it gets lot more fan servicey like mirajanne gets naughtier devil form that she constantly uses and one of the juvias day dreams got very interesting( lets just say half apron with Japanese flavor and go for our business cause I dont want to get banned). Hell i even introduce several more character that join fairy tail like luna luna from queens blade and after mentioned wind djinn paimon with proper supporting character/ holder. :

-D-
2016-11-01, 11:41 AM
Bleach, even when it's bad, REALLY BAD, could also be hilarious. It's just depressing that such a big manga turned so crappy... Meanwhile in Bleach, I LOVE to talk about how Giselle is a possible transvestite who is 100% a necrophiliac. It is HILARIOUS.
Hm, are you saying Bleach is so bad it's good? While Fairy Tail, is so bad it's awful.

I'm personally split a bit. Big reveals, like END and Zeref & Mavis, Zera & Mavis and even time before, seemed, really well put together. FT does all this tiny vignettes thoughtful and carefully, before deciding screw it (quite literally), and goes Mad bull in China shop (with Captain Orgasmo and unnecessary fan-service). I'd say Bleach is more consistently disappointing, because it keeps doing the same things over and over - Double Kill Strenritters; Depowering/Repowering Ichigo; Ichigo fighting main villain; No consequences propagate (e.g. Tsuki's alterations of Ichigo's friends don't stick).

It's also possible that Bleach is unintentionally bad, while FT is quite intentionally bad (the scene was intended as fan-service)? I'm so confused.

I still think the constant way they've sold Acnologia of being a genuine threat is actually really good, and Acnologia himself is a rad as hell villain from both a design and story stand point, and is far more compelling than Bleach's final villain.
Yeah, I almost literally fell to my knees and prayed for Acnologia to just come in and kill Holy Igneel. Sadly, Acn is focused on Dragonslayers. And Holy Igneel isn't a Dragon/slayer.

The name of this thread, is horribly apt. Arrive and saves us Acnologia, the one true savior of Fairy Tail.

lord_khaine
2016-11-01, 12:34 PM
2: The wind Djinn. Warning: Link NSFW, has nipples.

Well yeah, both that and some rather.. interesting piercings..
All the same though, it newer really felt like fan service. I mean, in a strange way Magi made it seem like the natural state for said Djinn. It did not feel sexualised in the same way as FT fan service, even if said Djinn is a lot more adult.

I'm personally split a bit. Big reveals, like END and Zeref & Mavis, Zera & Mavis and even time before, seemed, really well put together. FT does all this tiny vignettes thoughtful and carefully, before deciding screw it (quite literally), and goes Mad bull in China shop (with Captain Orgasmo and unnecessary fan-service). I'd say Bleach is more consistently disappointing, because it keeps doing the same things over and over - Double Kill Strenritters; Depowering/Repowering Ichigo; Ichigo fighting main villain; No consequences propagate (e.g. Tsuki's alterations of Ichigo's friends don't stick).

Do agree, Bleach is more or less consistently dull, sticking to a uniform recipy for the story that were perfected in the first 1/3 of the serie. FT meanwhile jumps up and down, giving hope with the previous couple chapters, then going crazy with what i assume is suposed to be some sort of humerous fan service. That especially infuriated me to a untold degree. And not just because i thought it was all extremely stupid, but also because of how much wasted potential i felt there were. For a moment i though Rahkeid were going to unleash some holy version of Fairy Law, and turn out to be a complete badass weilding divine powers and a fighting cross, becomming one of the 5 final bosses that needed to be taken down by groups of FT's best mages. And instead we got this garbage..
When FT is good its better than Bleach, but when its bad its a LOT worse than bleach.

Yeah, I almost literally fell to my knees and prayed for Acnologia to just come in and kill Holy Igneel. Sadly, Acn is focused on Dragonslayers. And Holy Igneel isn't a Dragon/slayer.

Heh, and thats yet another convert to the savior, wonder how many we are going to gather before the thread, or FT, ends?

LaZodiac
2016-11-01, 01:48 PM
Well yeah, both that and some rather.. interesting piercings..
All the same though, it newer really felt like fan service. I mean, in a strange way Magi made it seem like the natural state for said Djinn. It did not feel sexualised in the same way as FT fan service, even if said Djinn is a lot more adult.

Heh, and thats yet another convert to the savior, wonder how many we are going to gather before the thread, or FT, ends?

That's true. Because Magi DOES have fanservice in it. But it treats it appropriately, and knows how to show powerful woman who ARE sexy without it being overtly sexual. Something which Hiro has shown he is completely incapable of grasping. You can tell the Wind Djinn isn't a fanservice character despite wearing low cut pants and literally nothing else, sans the chains pierces to her, because of the way she holds herself and how the art is presented.

Meanwhile, last chapter, Erza had a dramatic moment where she tried to get Gray and Natsu to stop killing each other, where she shoved their faces into her boobs by mistake.

You know all this concern over Rakheid's literal sex magic has obscured something. Ajeel and Bradman got re-killed, as expected. It also...seems to confirm Ajeel DID IN FACT DIE and was made into a Historia by Neinhart. They just..never mentioned him specifically? Point is two Spriggans just got defeated off screen by some rando chinese dress lady that I do not remember in the slightest, and that's SENSIBLE because we've already seen them GET defeated but also "then why have them show up in the FIRST PLACE".

By the end of this series everyone will be praying to Acnologia to end it. And he'll look down and whisper no, because that would be a true sign of the end of days.

Razade
2016-11-01, 02:07 PM
You very rarely say anything that makes sense from even the most basic of grammatical standpoints

I don't think we've agreed on anything so strongly before.

And now we have to disagree again. YOU don't want that level of fan service. Other people might. Prison School exists and is popular for a reason. A reason I simply cannot fathom but a reason none the less.

One of the ever puzzling themes of this thread is the strange visceral reaction against even the barest mention of sex. Getting some reactions over the weird bondage and rape vibes this manga seems to enjoy I can understand, but this thread certainly takes it to an extreme. Next people will be saying there's too much fan-service in One Piece.

LaZodiac
2016-11-01, 02:34 PM

And now we have to disagree again. YOU don't want that level of fan service. Other people might. Prison School exists and is popular for a reason. A reason I simply cannot fathom but a reason none the less.

One of the ever puzzling themes of this thread is the strange visceral reaction against even the barest mention of sex. Getting some reactions over the weird bondage and rape vibes this manga seems to enjoy I can understand, but this thread certainly takes it to an extreme. Next people will be saying there's too much fan-service in One Piece.

Okay that's true, that was a bit extreme of me to say. Call it a visceral reaction to Khadger's apparently suggestion that implying two immortals stuck in a 12 year old and 15 year old body did a sex was okay. Also jesus Prison School.

Honestly the only reason why I consider Fairy Tail's fan service too extreme is BECAUSE of the fact that there was an awful sex demon that tortured Erza, and BECAUSE we had a scene where Erza was shrunk into loli size and there was some fanservice of THAT, and when she grew back to normal she had only a shirt on. I get overly annoyed at Fairy Tail's fanservice because it's part and parcel of what makes Fairy Tail bad. I'm the same way with Needless.

Bleach has it's fair share of fanservice too but I don't mind it except when it's REALLY stupid like Urahara groping the cat ninja's butt to turn her into an electrical cat girl slave beast to kill a weirdo, which is a thing that actually happened

lord_khaine
2016-11-01, 04:24 PM
Meanwhile, last chapter, Erza had a dramatic moment where she tried to get Gray and Natsu to stop killing each other, where she shoved their faces into her boobs by mistake.

Honestly felt more like what goes for humor than fan service to me.

And another prayer added to the list in the start of the thread...

I still cant see if he were being sarcastic there or not.

I would certainly mind the bondage bits less if they were kept just a touch more out of the main plot. Only think its funny with the hints we have gotten regarding Erza and Mirajane's activities, but can understand its going to annoy people how Lucy is constantly tied up in rather specific ways.

Okay that's true, that was a bit extreme of me to say. Call it a visceral reaction to Khadger's apparently suggestion that implying two immortals stuck in a 12 year old and 15 year old body did a sex was okay. Also jesus Prison School. Of course that would be alright? they are both consenting adults, what they do among themselves are none of out business.

LaZodiac
2016-11-01, 04:41 PM
Of course that would be alright? they are both consenting adults, what they do among themselves are none of out business.

That doesn't mean it needs to be a plot point. I know I don't speak for everyone but I sure as hell don't want to imagine a 12 year old doing sex stuff. That's kind of messed up.

Razade
2016-11-01, 05:50 PM
Okay that's true, that was a bit extreme of me to say. Call it a visceral reaction to Khadger's apparently suggestion that implying two immortals stuck in a 12 year old and 15 year old body did a sex was okay.

I totally understand, I just like to champion nuance. More on...strange Japanese youth sex below.

Also jesus Prison School.

Yep. With you there.

Honestly the only reason why I consider Fairy Tail's fan service too extreme is BECAUSE of the fact that there was an awful sex demon that tortured Erza, and BECAUSE we had a scene where Erza was shrunk into loli size and there was some fanservice of THAT, and when she grew back to normal she had only a shirt on. I get overly annoyed at Fairy Tail's fanservice because it's part and parcel of what makes Fairy Tail bad. I'm the same way with Needless.

I'm with you 100%, Hiro's fan service certainly goes beyond just casual breasts and butts. There's a very clear bent towards bondage and hard BDSM, there's also a bent towards rape or at least NC (Non-Committal) play along with loli stuff. All of this pointing more towards Hiro's own personal fetishes and less fan service. Before the Tartarus Arc it was really just reserved to Wendy and Ezra losing their clothing. Now however it's move to something...weirder. He did two time skips, I assert, to throw Wendy into skimpy outfits and gave her cat a human form to sexual as well. Ezra's bondage torture rape was pretty blatant and now this super Orgasm magic and tentacle hell magic...yeah...

On Mavis and Zeref however. Japan has a much different outlook on the whole loli thing than the U.S and Canada does. As has been pointed out the age of consent is laughably low even though most districts set it much higher. Mavis and Zeref have the minds of immortal adults and are certainly technically that old. Zeref at least looks like an adult to match this;. Mavis however has always looked like a child so it's understandable that "THE WEST" would find it a little squicky. I'm not weighing in on it really one way or the other. I'm not defending either cultural approach or saying if one is better or not because in that way lies madness. Merely pointing out that the reasons people may or may not meet on this are cultural.

Bleach has it's fair share of fanservice too but I don't mind it except when it's REALLY stupid like Urahara groping the cat ninja's butt to turn her into an electrical cat girl slave beast to kill a weirdo, which is a thing that actually happened

Bleach was actually fairly low on fan-service at least until the end where it introduced the cross dressing zombie character, the fat love guru and expanding on the obvious fact that Uruhara and ct lady were doing it on the side. But Bleach was a trainwreck before all of that so honestly the weird fan-service at the end is the least of it's problems.

lord_khaine
2016-11-02, 04:26 AM
That doesn't mean it needs to be a plot point. I know I don't speak for everyone but I sure as hell don't want to imagine a 12 year old doing sex stuff. That's kind of messed up.

You thankfully dont need to? From what i can read of the timeline in Fairy Tail Zero she were about 23 there, more than enough for even the most strict age limits in the world.
She certainly were emotionally mature, since it seems to have been partly on her own initiative, so its most likely the relationship i find the least disagreeable of all.

-D-
2016-11-02, 05:36 AM

That's fine, I guess. Fanservice is ok, if your aiming at that audience. Problem with FTs is:

A) It's main theme (Nakama, getting better, Magic!) is in no way related to the fanservice. Prison School is a story about masochists being tortured by girls. Fanservice there is expected.
B) The fanservice in Fairy Tail is longer and more prominent than in e.g. Bleach.
C) Specific to Holy Igneel - His powers doesn't seem to act based on any sort of logic. Whenever something makes most of your readers go "WTF"[1], that means writer failed on some level.

[1]What the **** "pleasure"? Buying clothes? Lusting? If it's lusting, why the **** isn't Cana affected? If it's sex, why is Mavis & Zeref affected? Last time we saw them they kissed. They didn't do some tentacle porn and then kiss. Is it whoever experienced orgasm? Is it whoever kissed another lovingly or in lust? Wat. Teh. ****.

Friv
2016-11-02, 09:36 AM
It also...seems to confirm Ajeel DID IN FACT DIE and was made into a Historia by Neinhart. They just..never mentioned him specifically? Point is two Spriggans just got defeated off screen by some rando chinese dress lady that I do not remember in the slightest, and that's SENSIBLE because we've already seen them GET defeated but also "then why have them show up in the FIRST PLACE".

Oh, hey, totally didn't notice that Ajeel just Historia'd too. Yeah, that hella happened off-screen.

(Chinese dress lady is Minerva, the former head of Sabretooth and current member of Sabretooth.)

LaZodiac
2016-11-02, 09:49 AM
Oh, hey, totally didn't notice that Ajeel just Historia'd too. Yeah, that hella happened off-screen.

(Chinese dress lady is Minerva, the former head of Sabretooth and current member of Sabretooth.)

Right, thanks, that's who she is.

And yeah that's kind of sort of...SUPPOSED to be a big deal, that the Historia's are all gone now. But it got shoved into a bottom page series of panels so we could focus on Rakheid.

khadgar567
2016-11-02, 01:55 PM
Okay that's true, that was a bit extreme of me to say. Call it a visceral reaction to Khadger's apparently suggestion that implying two immortals stuck in a 12 year old and 15 year old body did a sex was okay. Also jesus Prison School.

come on I didn't touch zeref mavis ship in any of my posts hell only thing i use them is in distant final lived happily situation getting no more than half page shout out from lets say lucy

me to mate

-D-
2016-11-07, 06:05 AM
New "chapter".

There is no help... Only Fairy Tail.

Kato
2016-11-07, 08:04 AM
New "chapter".

There is no help... Only Fairy Tail.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Oh my, Mavis has a son... and he is a pervert. And immune to blades. That's why you don't let your emotionless, immortal daddy raise the kid alone, Mavis...
I'm really not sure if I want to know the whole story behind that...

Otherwise, not much happening, except Kagura getting destroyed. And August talking about light and darkness again. It seems to suddenly be a more pronounced theme. Maybe Hiro will actually go somewhere with this?

Not much else to say... or am I forgetting something? Oh, Mavis might actually fight. Her son. Give him a proper beating?

kjelfalconer
2016-11-07, 08:07 AM
Given that both parents have the same curse, emotionless daddy is clearly why he's still alive. Hiro actually plans to kill pervo with motherly love, doesn't he?

-D-
2016-11-07, 08:17 AM
Given that both parents have the same curse, emotionless daddy is clearly why he's still alive. Hiro actually plans to kill pervo with motherly love, doesn't he?

Pretty much. Mavis gets death radius if she starts feeling about him. Zeref not caring for his son, is actually the best gift, he could give to said child. If Zeref starts caring about him >>> Everything around Zeref dies.

I ****ing hope they kill the Ankseram, the ******* god. Maybe Natsu could punch him in the face. Outside Acnologia, he seems the only actual villain. Don't get me wrong Zeref is bad, but he essentially needs to be, because the curse kills anyone he cares about. Even Mavis, needs to think of her people as peons as to not murder everyone.

khadgar567
2016-11-07, 10:34 AM
besides the clasic big bad( okay minion ) gloating it looks standart anime fluff for bad guys until you beated gloat if beated try to make excuses if you are not dead if not exit stage right
by the way holly pervert dragneel getting in my nerves if this guy some how reveled to be zirconis's dragon slayer then thats it we have most annoying vilian in fairy tail history who need achnologia's beting like last century

LaZodiac
2016-11-07, 12:51 PM
In a better series August's talk about how "justice and evil do not reside in light and dark, and perhaps it is simply love that is good." would be amazing. Instead it's just "you're explaining why the wizard with orgasm magic is mean" and it's...like, again, in a BETTER SERIES this would be interesting and good. Zeref's ultimate love is expressed by his total lack of care for his son, solely to keep him from dying, and when Mavis gives her love to him, he'll die due to the death curse.

Also: MAVIS ****ING HAD A CHILD SHE HAS A TWELVE YEAR OLD IMMORTAL BODY AND SHE HAD A BABY AND IT'S RAKHIED?!?!?!

-D-
2016-11-07, 01:31 PM
Also: MAVIS ****ING HAD A CHILD SHE HAS A TWELVE YEAR OLD IMMORTAL BODY AND SHE HAD A BABY AND IT'S RAKHIED?!?!?!
Why? For glory of Satan. Also she's 13 year old :smalltongue:

I assume Zeref either molested her while she was sleeping (a la Sleeping Beauty) or took some part of her. I assume latter, because time constraints. Still. Ewww.

And now I need to wash myself :smallyuk:

LaZodiac
2016-11-07, 01:34 PM

I assume Zeref either molested her while she was sleeping (a la Sleeping Beauty) or took some part of her. I assume latter, because time constraints. Still. Ewww.

But that doesn't explain why the sex haver killer magic was killing her. This is so ****ed up why would you WRITE THIS?!

khadgar567
2016-11-07, 01:43 PM

I brealy want to know what the actual **** hiro think or how he is gonna explain this ****?

But that doesn't explain why the sex haver killer magic was killing her. This is so ****ed up why would you WRITE THIS?!
emotional trauma + lack of sleep + drugs and probably bad boss = this type of sh*t

-D-
2016-11-07, 01:48 PM
I don't know :smallfrown: I don't want to know.

But to speculate: Either Mavis fapping to Zera or kissing Zeref...

LaZodiac
2016-11-07, 01:52 PM
I don't know :smallfrown: I don't want to know.

But to speculate: Either Mavis fapping to Zera or kissing Zeref...

But it can't be that because Cana's entire character is basically "hooo boy I like to enjoy myself and others if you know what I mean" but she's not affected..AT ALL, so that means she's a virgin which is odd but fair given she's drunk all the time I'm glad people are responsible in this universe, but it can't be influenced by masturbation because if it was "why are any of the men okay" and "why isn't Cana in pain". That's probably a double standard but given this universe it's true.

THIS IS A CONVERSATION WE ARE HAVING ON PURPOSE. WHAT THE ****?!

-D-
2016-11-07, 02:05 PM
I hope my theory about Erza is wrong. It can't be true. Tell me Lazodiac. Comfort me *shakes maniacally* Hiro couldn't write something that stupid.

khadgar567
2016-11-07, 02:11 PM
I hope my theory about Erza is wrong. It can't be true. Tell me Lazodiac. Comfort me *shakes maniacally* Hiro couldn't write something that stupid.

wait 5 chapters and return me with you said so he is gonna make even stupider content you watch mate

LaZodiac
2016-11-07, 02:48 PM

At this point I'm actually expecting Irene to be Erza's real right eye.

jindra34
2016-11-07, 03:29 PM

He did, and further more he's been headed this way for a while. Thus our prayers to the Apocalypse Dragon to just END THIS. Its getting to the point where even as a trainwreck isn't enjoyable.