PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Savage Technologist Shooting and Punching; advice needed on build.

Cranthis
2016-08-02, 05:02 PM
Like the title says, I'm planning out the build for a savage technologist. I could use you guys' imput on what I've got so far, and what could be better.

Race: Human
Abilities in order: 14, 18, 14, 10, 14, 10 (25 point buy, +2 to dex from human)
Levels: 6 Savage Tech Barbarian (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/savage-technologist), After that will be Fighter.

I'll be wielding a Cestus and either a revolver or pistol, depending on availability.

Feats, Rage Powers (RP), And Fighter Feats (FF):
1. Point Blank Shot. It will almost always be active for this build, but most importantly it lets us take Precise Shot.
Human Feat: Precise Shot. This build fires guns at melee range. You have to have this.
2RP: Superstition. Saves are good.
3: Opening Volley (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/opening-volley-combat). This build focuses on shooting and then punching them for your offhand attack, so giving a pretty significant bonus to the melee attacks is great.
4RP: Witch Hunter. Nobody likes enemy casters.
5: Amateur Gunslinger, Gunsmithing Rapid Reload, or Power Attack. If a revolver is available (or soon to be) and someone else in the party has gunsmithing, then Power Attack. If a revolver is around, but no one has Gunsmithing, taking either Gunsmithing or Rapid reload, just depending on gold availability.
6RP: Ghost Rager. Being able to fight incorporeal things is nice. Having better touch ac helps against both ghosts and guns. And ghosts with guns.
7: Improved Two weapon fighting. Now we can shoot-punch, shoot-punch.
7FF: Double Slice. When raging, we'll have a strength modifier of +4, so we might as well add the whole thing to damage.
After this, I'll probably be using feats to increase the accuracy and damage of the off-hand.

I'm not sure where to go after this, and would love some advice on what could be done better here.

Alterations to the build I'm considering before seeing your advice:
Going Savage Tech Barbie 2, Trench Fighter onward. I'd lose out on some rage powers, and I wouldn't get to use the favored class bonus to gain better saves from superstition. I'll also have significantly less rage rounds a day.

Secret Wizard
2016-08-02, 05:41 PM
This build is super feat greedy, as you NEED Amateur Gunslinger and Gunsmithing right away. Broken condition is no joke.

When I built this guy, I had the added benefit of an extra feat at levels 1/6/12, so it smoothed things out.

I also used the Breaker archetype to ignore the broken conditions from guns if I was out of grit to fix my gun.

My build was something like:

1. Gunsmithing + free feat: Amateur Gunslinger

2. Brawler (for unarmed strikes!)

3. Point-Blank Shot

4. Superstition

5. Rapid Reload

6. Witch Hunter + free feat: Weapon Focus (pistol-dagger)

7. Gunslinger

DO NOTE THAT RELOADING YOUR GUN STILL PROVOKES ATTACKS OF OPPORTUNITY UNLESS YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE GUNSLINGER FEAT

Ninjaxenomorph
2016-08-02, 05:55 PM
The archetype is really cool, but it doesn't really give you all the tools you need. Ideally you can get at least a revolver if not better, like a laser pistol or something. A one-level dip into gunslinger (or another class that grants gunsmithing and the ability to quickly fix a misfired gun). You want most of your levels in barbarian, at least so you can get dex-to-damage with guns while raging. Hopefully, your GM lets the archetype get fixed and the increased bonuses from Greater Rage get worked out, too.

Path of War isn't available, is it?