PDA

View Full Version : Radiance of the Crimson Sun

Darth Ultron
2016-08-02, 06:47 PM
Eltabbar: Eltabbar is the hidden heart of a country that puts forth a hardened image. The city is surprisingly beautiful in nearly every respect, from its glittering canals to its greenery and artworks. There are many fine buildings with columns and marble, and while the greatest are public, a number of private noble houses are quite impressive. The squalor of the slave quarter is negligible compared to the gondolas and the major thoroughfares. This is where Thayans aspire to go on their honeymoons, or to find a suitable marriage. It is also where all Thayan bards would like to perform.

*Location: In the center of Thay, near the Thaymount, on the southern shores of Lake Thaylambar. Most of the oddly shaped tharch is used for growing crops, and a number of Nar ruins are said to dot the landscape far from the city.
*Climate: Like all interior Thayan cities, the weather is fair, with scheduled rainfall at night. The city suffers more often from magical mishaps than any climate changes.
*Geographic Features: The canals of the city are well-known but surprisingly orderly. The lake is plentifully stocked, and the mountains rise steeply to the West. The major road through Thay, known as The Slave Way, leads to Eltabbar from the coast. The road is carefully kept and slaves are marched instead of teleported, so as to break their spirits by the time they arrive in the city.
*History: Eltabbar was founded in 923, a year after Thay won its independence from Mulhorand. Placing the new nation's capital deep inside seemed only natural, but was said to have darker motives. It is near the Thaymount, where the nation's premiere wizards have secret laboratories and forges, and thus sometimes suffers from earthquakes. It was also the heart of the civil conflict amongst the nobles that no one likes to talk about but which necessitated the creation of the Eltabbar Census. Since then, registered noble families can only host a set number of blood relations within the city limits at any given time, a number which has steadily dropped since the creation of the Census but which must be declared to the Census office. Each house is allowed a permanent number of inhabitants and a temporary roster of visitors that can stay for up to six months.
*Reputation: It is known as the center of Kossuth’s worship, the slave trade, politics, and art; it is also the second largest city in Thay.
*Relations: Eltabbar has a rivalry with Bezantur, the most populous city in the empire.
*Religions: Bane, Kossuth, Siamorphe, Waukeen, with lesser gods in minor temples and shrines. The churches of Eltabbar all require regular tithing and/or service, although they are careful not to cross the will of the Red Wizards. Most churches use discounts and special services as bargaining chips over the majority of the populace; such things are never assured, except for Red Wizards.
*Notable Heroism: Generals for Thay often hail from Eltabbar, but are trained at the military academy in Pyarados. The Tharchion spends a good amount of time in the city.
*Notable Scandals: Those who try to flee noble families and duties are looked down upon, and traitors to Thay are reviled.
*Important Celebrations: Major holidays for the churches are conspicuously grand.
*Criminal Element(s): The city is run by evil and vengeful wizards. Any thieves in the area steal from visitors, not from locals(but not always...of course)

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-03, 02:03 AM
There is a house - near, but not in, the city centre - old and rambling, rebuilt and expanded many times over the centuries of it's existance, by various owners. Among it's sprawling roofs, up above the third floor on the west side, is one of those small peculiarities found in real estate rebuilt too often.

Maybe at one time there was a balcony here. Maybe some resident felt this balcony would benefit from having a small closet, perhaps for linen and cutlery, for small dinners held here, with a view out across the city. The (eventual) balcony is now long gone, but strangely, the small closet remains, a door under an inaccessible (to most) overhang, behind which is a small, empty space. Empty, that is, except for the goblin who sleeps there, and has made it one of his needslessly many hidey-holes around the city.

It is a small closet. Even for a goblin, it does not really provide comfortable sleeping space, and Rakash creaks and moans as he unfolds himself, and rises to face the day. Looking out across the city arrayed beneath him, he proclaims:

Ahhhh! Eltabbar. If ever there was a place on Toril more ripe for plunder, I know not where.

In his heart of hearts, Rakash knows Eltabbar is a terrible place to be a thief. No other place is as densely packed with magical wards and traps, and with furiously wicked wizards easily able to reduce pesky goblins to patches of slag. But you gotta aim high. It is the only way to succeed.

Using the power of magical thinking - as he does every morning - Rakash visualises his loot for the day.

A gem the size of my ... of a giants fist. Giants being, of couse, anyone larger than a goblin.

And so, nimbly, he makes his way down walls, drainpipes and creepers, to meld into the crowds, looking for his fortune.

Darth Ultron
2016-08-03, 05:27 PM
The sky above is mostly clear, with only a couple small white clouds. The sun slowly rises to the east, but the air is all ready quite warm. The weather not not natural, of course, as Wizard Weather is common.

Only a couple are out on the streets at first, but more and more come with each passing minute. The vast majority on the streets are commoners or slaves. Slaves are quite easy to tell as no slave may cut their hair, and so many have quite long hair.

While humans make up the bulk of the people on the street, half orcs tieflings and goblins are mixed in. A number of goblins can be seen doing lowly jobs no one else wants, such a street sweeping...

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-03, 05:54 PM
As the city stirs to life, Rakash goes about his daily business. If there is one thing Rakash hates, it's wastefulness. For instance, what could be more wasteful than to spend hard earned money on breakfast, when everyone is just laying it out for anyone to take.

Sure, they don't mean for people to take it - but that distinction is theirs to make, not Rakash's. If they can't keep their product safe, then they are essentially giving it away.

As he walks by the early morning street vendors, he deftly palms an apple here, a hot cinnamon bun there. Munching on these delicacies, he makes his way towards the jewellers market. Where else would on find a gemstone as large as a fist?!

The stealing of breakfast is mostly for fluff - but of course, since I've no intent for Rakash to pay for stuff, here's rolls:

Slight of hand: [roll0]

As he walks, Rakash has his eyes peeled for marks, though he expects nothing too interesting until he reaches the market.
Spot: [roll1]

Once actually at the market, he will look around for any shop, vendor or even client potentially likely to make a large purchase.
Spot: [roll2]
Search: [roll3]

Unsure if you want rolls in this fashion. You decide what happens, so all of these rolls may be irrelevant. Maybe there's nothing to be found, maybe something else entirely happens. That side of it is, obviously, up to you.

Darth Ultron
2016-08-03, 07:19 PM
The Street of Gems is a higher class area, naturally. The buildings are all red stone, marble, and metal. The buildings, unlike many in the lower class areas, have glass windows. Illusions cover many parts of the buildings from simple shining lights to floating gems.

Gargoyles (and Guard-golyes) are common on the roof tops, sides and even door ways of buildings. Some are decoration, but many are not....

When looking for general things there is no need to roll. Rolls are more for very specific hidden things. But when looking for anything, it is best to be a narrowly descriptive as possible. Looking for a ''mark'' is only going to work if I know what you think a mark is.

Keep in mind: Spot is looking, Search is physically touching and moving things.

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-04, 02:10 AM
A mark isn't - in this case - very clearly defined. Rakash is looking for opportunity. Someone not on their guard. Or someone who's otherwise vulnerable for some reason. Could be a merchant. Could be a guard transporting something from A to B. Could be, say, an altercation in the street - someone ranting at someone else for some real or imagined slight.

On Search - either there is a skill for systematically casing an area, or there isn't. If there is ... that skill is Search, far as I can see? It's certainly not spot. Case could maybe be made for Gather Information, but that's hardly the discreet approach.

Rakash surveys the Street of Gems with his hands in the small of his back, and a wide smile on his face.

Yes. Opportunity. Such rife opportunity, he thinks to himself, as he takes it all in, all just waiting for someone cleverer than they are to make off with all their lifes work. Today will be the day.

The smile falters, however, as he looks over the gargoyles. Bloody magical creatures. Never tire. Unrelenting. And immune to the only form of combat Rakash has even the slightest skill at. He pokes his tongue at one of them, out of spite.

Darth Ultron
2016-08-05, 02:32 AM
A human woman in a bright gold dress catches your eye as she walks down the street. She has two body guards, humans in scale mail with large swords right behind her, but of even more note: she leads a line of five halflings behind her. The halflings are clearly slaves, their wild and un cut hair is and easy give away. Even more so, each is chained to each other by a very shinny sliver chain that is also connected to the girdle of the woman's dress. Each halfling carries a large sack on top of thier heads that looks quite heavy and awkward. The first four look to have clothing in them mostly, but the fifth one is clearly full of coins.

Search is defiantly physically touching and moving things. Spot is just looking.

If by ''case'' your talking more to check out the details to, and make speculations about, a home, car, store or other location for means of getting in undetected and/or removing material from said location. Usually referred to negatively as a means to describe being suspicious someone is going to steal someone's belongings.

That is way to big and vague for a skill, that is more just RP. Skills are more for details.

Though note Appraise and Local Lore work too.

The big advantage of a play by post is we can really take time to describe things and you can ''case'' places ''for real'' in RP, and not just do the ''I rolled a 25, where is the loot?".

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-05, 03:42 AM
Yes, thinks Rakash to himself, all I need to do is run over, grab the bag right off the head of that normal sized slave, and run for the hills! It's so easy, it's like she's giving it away ....

A grin so wide and wicked as to almost not fit on his face spreads - but then fades.

That's actually too easy, isn't it? There'll be some sort of unexpected hitch. There always is. It's like the gods of darkness, lovable tricksters and the underworld conspire against me. Why?!

It's so unfair! Rakash sulks momentarily, and settles for shadowing the lady and see if the proper moment presents itself.

Maybe the game just needs more of a macro scale search skill - knowldege local might cover the shops of a given area, or what cops are on the take, but I don't see it wacthing the traffic into and out of the bank, where the convenient shadows and sewer access points are, things that seem to be at a higher resolution than just being familiar with a town.

Regardless .... Rakash watches traffic around the woman, how the guards react, and he does some furious (though likely unsuccesful) thinking about what magical tricks the woman might have up her sleeve.

At least she's not wearing red.

Darth Ultron
2016-08-06, 11:08 AM
The human woman is clearly shopping, what humans call ''window shopping'' , she is stopping to look at everything, but does not seem to be buying anything. She pays no attention to the two body guards or slaves at all. The two body guards watch her, but don't as much turn around and look at the halfling slaves. The halfling slaves all have sad, vacant looks on their faces and mostly look down...but they are careful to keep close to the woman so the sliver chain connecting them stays slack.

About a minute later the woman, the two body guards and the first three halfling slaves in the chain enter Poskloa's Pearl Shop by the front door. The fourth halfling slave is stopped in the doorway, and the fifth is left standing in the street.

[roll0]

The spell Alarm is an obvious one for many in public.

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-06, 11:58 AM
The plan:

This hinges on any number of factors that are outside Rakash's control. But that's how Rakash rolls: Halfsane at best, his plans are pretty garbage, tinted with both genius and just the highly unreasonable hope that everything goes according to plan.

If I understand correctly, the last halfling holds the money. The one actually still outside. Rakash will simply approach the poor guy, and tell him that - in return for misdirecting the guards, Rakash will return later, buy him, and set him free.

Supposing the halfling agrees to this, Rakash will snatch the money and run. It's possible the halfling can tell him something about the triggers for any traps, but not essential - Rakash very much considers panicked flight to be a reasonable part of any master plan.

Rakash is a scoundrel, but not without honor. If at all possible, he will use some of the money he steals to free the halfling.

Now, if panicked flight becomes necessary - Rakash himself considers this almost inevitable - Rakash will have a plan for that. If there are only wide open plazas and wide avenues, that's a problem, he kinda needs an alley, or a sewer, or some other place to get lost and escape.

Also, quite possibly it would be wise to have a decoy prepared. As in, if it would at all be possible to fill a similar sack with gravel, to drop for any pursuers.

Quite a lot hinges on what triggers the traps. And whether there are more defences than just an alarm =)

Also, it's a jeweler. Gem the size of a fist. Rakash is definitely torn, wondering whether an even better opportunity might present itself.

Before doing anything deciding, Rakash will peer through the window, and try to see what the giantess is looking at.

Spot: [roll]1d20+3[roll]

Edit: See that? That's not a typo. That's the stuff I punch in occasionally just not getting through. Bah!

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-06, 12:02 PM
[roll0]

And some more characters to get above 10.

Darth Ultron
2016-08-06, 05:07 PM
Poskloa's Pearl Shop is a small white marble building with white wood trim and doors and small clear glass windows. This building has no gargoyles on it, but does have stonework turtles instead. The inside of the shop is all white as well, white wooden tables and curtains. The inside shop is well lit by glowing pearls in the ceiling. An odd looking large sized four headed turtle made of pearl sits in the middle of the shop. Around the shop are pearls, most of them on small displays set in oyster shells or other types of shells. Three humanoid turtle-like people, that are all white in color as well, are in the shop: one by the back wall, one off to the right side, but the third is over talking with the human woman.

And your eye does catch the two shelf's along the back wall that have several pearls that have to be bigger then a goblins or even humans fist, along with two large oyster shells on the wall that have to be at least five feet around.

The human woman is looking at some pearl necklaces, the two human body guards are watching her but nothing else, the halflings look down.

Eltabbar is an old city that has been altered and rebuilt and added to over the years, so there are plenty of allies, dead end roads, miss-matched buildings and all other types of architectural nightmares. Only the original stone street lay out of the oldest parts of the city has been virtuously maintained by strict law of death.

Eltabbar has an extensive sewer system under the city. Metal sewer grates are every couple of dozen feet along most streets. Most lead to the large sewer ways that criss-cross the city: large ten foot wide and twenty foot high stone passageways with narrow three foot stone walkways on either side right at the ten foot mark and water flowing down the middle. The water in the middle is quite dirty most of the time and is filled with waste and who knows what else. The water level varies between five and fifteen feet deep, though in most places it stays a steady seven foot depth(putting it about three feet under the stone walkways up at the ten foot mark.

There are dozens of other side sewer lines, most smaller then medium size. Stone, wood or metal pipes lead out of buildings and run underground to dump in the sewer. A lot of buildings have a sub basement(under the basement) with sewer access. All most always guarded, of course.

Dozens of creatures lives in the sewers, from the obvious ones like rats and oozes to all sorts of strange monsters. In general, the upper class sewers have less ''disgusting monsters'' then other parts, especially the poor parts, of the city...but not always.

And there are plenty of natural caves and not so natural tunnels that link with the sewers as well.

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-06, 05:36 PM
Rakash saunters over like it's the most natural thing in all the world. He gazes at a display in one of the windows - next to the rearmost halfling slave - with mild interest, and says in a voice non-conspiratorial and casual:

Hello my halfling friend. I happen to be professionally inclined towards making off with the sack of gold with which you've been burdened. I realize this is a somewhat unusual request, but if you were to find a way to help me in this, I would gladly use part of the proceeds of this nefarious endeavor to purchase your freedom.

I understand this is quite a leap of faith - and I'm a complete stranger. But decide quickly. Time is of the essence, and you may never have another shot at freedom, I'm afraid.

New and revised plan: Stick with the original plan! But - if it seems to have a shadow of a chance to succeed ..... circle the shop, lose the pursuit, go back in, grab a gem the size of a fist, and run off laughing like a loon!!!

This is the best plan ever.

Before doing anything, Rakash fervent prays 'please, whatever gods of tricksters, thieves and scoundrels may be listening - lemme have this one?'

Darth Ultron
2016-08-07, 10:28 PM
Halfling slave porter "Don't talk to me you ugly little goblin. I'm not allowed to talk to anyone. Go eat a bug or something." he says with a frown.

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-08, 04:31 AM
Good job, whispers Rakash, They mustn't suspect you. But remember, I need your name! Now just misdirect them. Tell them a kobold did it, tell them I went left instead of right, so on? Alright, here we go!

With that, Rakash does what he does best: Recklessly rushes into a poorly laid plan, trusting to his agility and natural cowardice to somehow see him through. He grabs the bag, and darts around the corner faster than the eye can follow. He will cackle with maniacal glee as he runs for dear life, over obstacles, under carts, round corners, between narrow gaps - anything that will slow pursuit, anything where his small size is an advantage.

The point is to get out of sight long enough to find a spot to hide, and reassess the situation.

Not nowing precisely what might be relevant, I just provide a battery of rolls, and you can pick what you like.

Initiative: [roll0]
Diplomacy: [roll1] - get the halfling to play along
Jump: [roll2] - I dunno, in case anything needs jumping over
Climb: [roll3] - same
Hide: [roll4] - where ever seems most workable, a barrel, a roof, sewers
Balance: [roll5] - you never know when you need to walk a tightrope, right?
Slight of hand: [roll6] - actually grapping the bag
Spot: [roll7] - in case I need it to find a place to hide

Bunch of rolls, just to expedite matters in case you need them. You just pick what you want or need. Or specify anything I didn't think of.

Darth Ultron
2016-08-08, 05:56 PM
Rakash does not convince the halfling of anything, but still has no problem grabbing the bag from the halfling and running into the crowd.

"Help! Help! A goblin stole my bag!" cries the halfling as it waves it's arms around and tugs on it's sliver chain.

Three allies over is an alleyway full of wooden barrels. Most look quite old and have plenty cracks and holes. Many of the barrels are three or four feet high, making for some nice goblin sized hiding places..

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-09, 01:24 AM
Hugely disappointed by the halflings lack of eagerness to betray it's owner and regain it's freedom, Rakash darts away from the scene of the crime. Finding a bunch of useful barrels, he decides these will do nicely to evade pursuit.

He does take one additional precaution. He drops the bag into one barrel, and pops into another himself - behind the one with the gold.

Darth Ultron
2016-08-09, 05:43 PM
A couple minutes pass and you don't hear anything except the normal sounds of the city. No one comes down the ally, and you don't hear or see any sign of pursuit.

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-12, 01:17 PM
Rakash, mistrustful of any indications of good luck, waits a little while before climbing out. He will initially leave the money where it is, and check - very discreetly - on the scene of the crime, and the halfling.

Darth Ultron
2016-08-12, 09:56 PM
Back at the store is a small crowd gathered around the dead, beheaded halfling in the street. One of the human guards stands next to the body cleaning blood off of his sword. The next halfling in the silver chain is trembling and trying to unlock the link to the dead body, while the other guard watches. The human woman stands with her arms crossed, waiting.

The crowd does not look shocked or upset, most just look bored.

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-13, 02:45 AM
Utterly baffled, Rakash walks over. Looks at the lady, the guard, the dead halfling. Back at the woman. Back at the halfling. Finally, his anger snaps.

By all the terrors of the deep and the dark, what in the hells did you just do, you incredibly thickheaded dunce of a woman? You leave your poor defenceless slave outside the store, and when the inevitable happens, you punish the slave and let the thief escape? You have the full responsibility for this. Your lack of foresight and callous, inconsiderate behaviour got your gold stolen, and this slave killed.

Rakash stares at her, fury burning in his eyes - while a desperate inner voice screams NO NO NO .... what are you doing??? This is NOT how we do this. RUNN!!!!

Darth Ultron
2016-08-13, 08:55 AM
Lady in the yellow dress almost looks at Rakash, though not too directly, looking a lot more in his general direction with a frown on her face.

The body guard with the drawn long sword approaches Rakash "hold your tongue you disgusting little pile of dung. Or your head will roll on the ground too."

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-13, 10:05 AM
Before doing further stupid things, I need to ask a few questions.

Fury making him brave - and a built of guilt towards the poor halfling too - Rakash is tending towards teaching this noble a lesson. So provided the other halflings are still around, he's contemplating grabbing another bag and running off again.

This time, pursuit is .... well, likely? Maybe the guard didn't follow because he's not supposed to leave his mistress' side? That is unknown.

But if he does, Rakash has no quarrel with him, really. He's following orders.

Rakash doesn't kill if he doesn't have to. Would it be ok for him to have clay bullets for his sling - to knock out rather than kill?

Also is there any way to guess which bag to grab - value-wise?

Also, Rakash might just sneak a look at his surroundings. If too many people are watching, caution might be the better part of valor.

Darth Ultron
2016-08-13, 04:39 PM
Clay bullets that do subdual damage are fine...after all Rakash can make them himself.

Guessing values is the Appraise skill.

A crowd of at least twenty people are watching.

The human wouman stands in the street, with her chained line of four slave halflings attached to her and behind her. Each very hairy halfling carries a large sack on top of his head, holding it with both hands....except the fourth halfling that set his sack down on the ground as he is unchaining the dead halfling body. The sack looks to be about half full, but the draw string at the top is closed so you can't see in side.

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-14, 01:00 AM
Appraise is putting in your little eyepiece and determining the clarity, carat and quality of a gem. Or similar.

There is no skill for looking at a line of bags, and checking if they're somehow significantly different. If they're all the same, then there is nothing to be gained. But maybe the one with the jewelry and perfumes and silk underwear has gold trimmings.

Rakash looks at the guard - outwardly unafraid.

I am not some slave you can cut down with impunity - I'm a citizen, I have papers. You hurt me, and the watch will come looking for you. And while I'm sure your mistress will have no trouble, I'm also sure she'll sacrifice you to make sure of it. Aren't you?

With that, Rakash will walk away, to all the world just a concerned citizen outraged at the poor treatment of an innocent slave. He will however hide somewhere, and shadow the lady to her home.

Hide: [roll0]

No further tricks for now, but later. Oh, and once he knows where she lives, Rakash will return to his barrel and check the loot.

Edit: Crap! I should have waited, shouldn't I? I doesn't occur to me until now - I'm an idiot. I should have waited for her to buy something from the shop before stealing from her. Blast it! =)

Darth Ultron
2016-08-14, 04:59 PM
The body guard does not move as he listens, but does take a step back and look over at the lady. The lady just waves her hand in front of her face....

....As Rakash walks away.

The group waits in the street for a couple more minutes, until a group of red skinned goblins show up with a huge bag. The lady pulls out a small purse from her girdle, counts out some coins and hands them to the guard and the guard hands them to one of the goblins. The goblins then put the halfling body and head in the big bag and wrap it up tight. The goblins then all lift up the bag and head away.

The lady, her two body guards and four remaning halfling slaves then move away. They walk up and down a couple main streets until they get to a medium sized wooden row house in the newer part of the city.

Appraise is not just for gems, but for all items of value. Use this skill to tell an antique from old junk, a sword that is old and fancy from an elven heirloom, and high-quality jewelry from cheap stuff made to look good. You can also use this check to determine the most valuable item visible in a treasure hoard.

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-15, 12:19 AM
And that's why I said 'or similar' - isn't it?

Please, for the love of god, stop lecturing me on skills. Jesus.

Darth Ultron
2016-08-16, 07:27 PM
Ok, If your the casual, lazy gamer type that just wants to roll a d20 and have the DM tell you things, then just roll any random skill and if you get higher then say a ten then your character will just know everything.

Sound good?

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-17, 05:41 AM
Imagine a row of five boxes. They are of similar size. One of them contains valuable treasure.

Do I roll appraise? No. That would tell me the value of the boxes - not the contents.

But they're a shoe box, a cigar box, a jewelry box, a box of cookies and a small strongbox.

Two of these obviously stand out - to anyone who isn't a blithering idiot. No rolls required.

You quote skill descriptions like I don't know the game. When I started playing, they hadn't gotten around to tacking numbers at the end yet. It was just Dungeons and Dragons.

You seem utterly incapable of handling anything outside RAW with anything but snide remarks, condescion and bull headed stubbornness.

How is that working out for you? RAW covers only a fraction of the situations in the game, and is a stiff and frankly stupid tool. And there's just you and me here. Who exactly is it you're trying to cater to? WotC?

Darth Ultron
2016-08-17, 04:21 PM
If by ''quote'' you mean ''cut and paste'', sure. It's easy to do that online.

When talking about an ''alternate reality that is vaguely like Earth of 1200 or so'' things are not so easy or obvious. You have the alternate reality, time and culture differences to take in to account.

I'd guess what your talking about is Ability Checks, not Skill Checks. They are vague enough to be anything.

I mentioned several posts ago that I like to do things on more the role play side. I'll describe things and you...the real person...have to figure things out. But you seem more of the ''roll a dice and have the DM tell me what to do''.

But ability checks work, if you make an intelligence check I can tell you the easy and obvious stuff like ''the bag closest to the lady has the most valuable items''.

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-18, 12:54 AM
If by ''quote'' you mean ''cut and paste'', sure. It's easy to do that online.

I question why you do it. I don't give a **** how.

When talking about an ''alternate reality that is vaguely like Earth of 1200 or so'' things are not so easy or obvious. You have the alternate reality, time and culture differences to take in to account.

We're talking mechanics, and why you persist in explaining rules that are obviously well known to both of us. What the hell does 'alternate reality' and 'culture' have to do with anything?! oO Are you even serious?

I'd guess what your talking about is Ability Checks, not Skill Checks. They are vague enough to be anything.

Yes. Because vagueness is clearly a goal. WTF?!

I mentioned several posts ago that I like to do things on more the role play side. I'll describe things and you...the real person...have to figure things out. But you seem more of the ''roll a dice and have the DM tell me what to do''.

Again ... yes, that's clearly what I want. So lets go with that. What??????

But ability checks work, if you make an intelligence check I can tell you the easy and obvious stuff like ''the bag closest to the lady has the most valuable items''.
[/QUOTE]

And if that's your idea of logic, I guess it explains a lot. Of course a sane, rational person would divide her belongings according to value, and keep the most valuable things closest to herself. That's what people do: Leave their vallet with a few bucks in the car, but bring the expensive vcr.

What? What?????

Darth Ultron
2016-08-18, 07:49 PM
OK?

Well, as we don't agree or see eye to eye...guess there is nothing more to say other then goodbye.

Kaptin Keen
2016-08-22, 03:43 AM
Too bad, really. But nevermind.

I find it slightly hilarious that we've kept the discussion spoilered as OOC all along. But again - nevermind =)

Fare thee well, Darth Ultron.