PDA

View Full Version : Random Observation - Jawas and Black Mages

JBPuffin
2016-08-02, 10:56 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Jawas and Final Fantasy Black Mages have the exact same faces (glowing yellow eyes and nothing else) when they have their respective garb on? Even better, has anyone done some kind of crossover between the two, because this connection gave me all sorts of craaazy ideas...:smallbiggrin:

Grinner
2016-08-03, 05:55 AM
I've noticed that too. The only problem is that black mages are much taller than Jawas, judging from FF1 sprites.

GloatingSwine
2016-08-03, 03:07 PM
Depends. Vivi's a shortarse too. Gotta remember that 50% of a black mage is hat.

KillingAScarab
2016-08-04, 09:29 AM
The Ispano (http://escaflowne.wikia.com/wiki/Ispano) from The Vision of Escaflowne also share some similarities, though those are robots with differing numbers of "eyes" on them. Seems that Neil Young also had a copyright infringement problem with something called "Roadeyes (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jawa#Behind_the_scenes)."

Mato
2016-08-08, 01:24 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Jawas and Final Fantasy Black Mages have the exact same faces (glowing yellow eyes and nothing else) when they have their respective garb on?By extension did you ever notice most Superheroes have the same faces when they use a mask to hide their distinguishing features? I can never tell the Robins apart. This connection should give us all crazy ideas, maybe Cloak is really a black mage Raven born on Tatooine. Maybe the Empire's stormtroopers are solely comprised of resurrected red shirts that died off in Star Trek and Jawas are actually ex-HIVE putty patrollers that took to scrapping after the great collapse. The truth is out there. *X-files theme music overlays the Twilight theme*

LibraryOgre
2016-08-08, 01:48 PM
Black Mage is just Orko (http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Orko) in a funny suit.

Mato
2016-08-08, 08:55 PM
Black Mage is just Orko (http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Orko) in a funny suit.Like any wiki I got sucked in, 30minutes later and :smalleek:

Gwildor is a member of the Thenurians, a dwarf-like race of people. He is known throughout Eternia as a famous locksmith and inventor, and is notable mainly for his greatest creation: The Cosmic Key, a mechanical device with the ability to transport its holder to any place throughout space and time.

He-Man was a super saiyen, Orko a black mage, Gwildor a time master, Cringer the precursor to the thundercats, the Inspector Gadget program was modeled after Extender, Daftpunk is just Roboto's live tour, the New 52 has a weaponsmith that can copy & reflect attacks and created a yellow lantern ring (forgot his name, anyone known?) but he may very well be Duncun or "man-at-arms". And fisto, ok I'm not going there.

The castle of Grayskull never fell, they just moved on to exploring other universes.

LibraryOgre
2016-08-10, 01:19 PM
Like any wiki I got sucked in, 30minutes later and :smalleek:

He-Man was a super saiyen, Orko a black mage, Gwildor a time master, Cringer the precursor to the thundercats, the Inspector Gadget program was modeled after Extender, Daftpunk is just Roboto's live tour, the New 52 has a weaponsmith that can copy & reflect attacks and created a yellow lantern ring (forgot his name, anyone known?) but he may very well be Duncun or "man-at-arms". And fisto, ok I'm not going there.

The castle of Grayskull never fell, they just moved on to exploring other universes.

Thanks to that, I now have Inspector Gadget saying "By the Power of Greyskull" stuck in my head.

Rockphed
2016-08-11, 09:58 AM
Thanks to that, I now have Inspector Gadget saying "By the Power of Greyskull" stuck in my head.

"Go go Greyskull [item]!" or "By the Power of Gadget!" works better in my view.

KillianHawkeye
2016-09-09, 11:31 PM
Depends. Vivi's a shortarse too. Gotta remember that 50% of a black mage is hat.

Vivi is also a child. All the other Black Mage in Final Fantasy 9 are taller than he is.

DeadpanSal
2016-09-13, 11:22 PM
Maybe they're ultra adaptable life forms that manifest into different dimensions randomly and acclimate to the universe they're in. In Star Wars, they attune themselves to the harsh desert climate and imbue their selling power with the force to become unparalleled scavengers. In a world where atmospheric magic is almost heavy enough to slow down sunlight, they become powerful mages obsessed with energy beam attacks. And in yet another world where all nearby magic gets sucked into a fabulous sword, they're incompetent comic relief characters. Who knows, maybe there's one in Jersey running a tattoo parlor.