PDA

View Full Version : Is this basically what a Fey pact looks like?

Klorox
2016-08-02, 10:58 PM
https://youtu.be/1GBzXVCeA7Y

Axorfett12
2016-08-03, 12:10 AM
Basically "You broke a rule that you didn't know existed so I own you now." Sounds pretty fey to me.

Ideally each pact is different and each has a unique dynamic, but that does look like a possible fey pact

pwykersotz
2016-08-03, 12:18 AM
I think it's more of a deal with the devil myself, but any sufficiently dark and otherworldly being should do. :smallamused:

Klorox
2016-08-03, 08:43 AM
Basically "You broke a rule that you didn't know existed so I own you now." Sounds pretty fey to me.

Ideally each pact is different and each has a unique dynamic, but that does look like a possible fey pact

Yeah, in this case, the guy cursed out the Joker on the highway in a fit of road rage. :p

DragonSorcererX
2016-08-03, 02:54 PM
Depends on the Fey... I don't know why but I associate Fey pacts with lewd stuff...

smcmike
2016-08-03, 03:27 PM
I mean, it could be.... but this model is a bit problematic.

PCs are not generally random schlubs. You can play a schlub if you like, but that's a pretty rare character concept. Also, Joker gives this guy nothing, other than his life.

Also, this is awfully dark. Darker than most fey pacts, I think.

My model for a fey pact draws from Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, which deals with the idea of Fairy very well, I think. A more positive spin might be based upon Name of the Wind.

MintyNinja
2016-08-03, 03:41 PM
One Fey Pact I've written recently has the character marrying an Arch Fey symbolically, thus binding her to her husband's demands. In return, he gives her the power to rise above those around her. In the end, it's a character based on the concept of loneliness and isolation.