PDA

View Full Version : So my Warlock just got an Artifact...

Degwerks
2016-08-03, 08:20 PM
Long ago my Tome Pact Fiend patron Warlock found a magical Grimoire that could grow in power with me, like a leveling/legacy style item.

At first I had a passive +1 to my atk/dmg & spell save DC's with it. I thought I could also use it as my Book of Ancient Secrets, but every time I opened it, it just showed every page as swirling, mystical symbols that no magic allowed me to understand. The most I could learn was it was sentient and required souls of worthy foes to unlock its secrets to me.

Later when I gained a level or so, I and only I could see that whenever I dealt the killing blow on an enemy, a greenish soul got sucked from the corpse and entered my Grimoire. The DM kept track of the souls collected. Not sure what that magic number of souls was, but it started communicating with me recently.

Asmodeus himself asked me to enter into a pact with him for tremendous power. Being LE already I said "Sure!". This where I found out it was a customized Book of Vile Darkness. I know rituals on how Liches & Death Knights are made, true names of several Devils and it hinted at more spells later in my service to evil. Plus the DMG description of it.

My other perks and penalties are: learned Intimidation skill; +1 to my AC; +4 to my CHA!; and can't be charmed or frightened. I also lost -2 to my STR; I have new forked tongue, small horns on my forehead, black glassy eyes, CR 0 creatures and plants die within 10ft of me, all holy water in 10ft evaporates, animals within 30ft are hostile to me, and the real bad one is a good deity has a 10% chance to send an Empyrean titan to come for the book each time I try and use a non-passive power from it.

Going to be interesting....

Sigreid
2016-08-03, 10:36 PM
Remember, artifacts are primarily for leading you to your own destruction....