PDA

View Full Version : What book was it???

TheCreatorT
2016-08-03, 10:26 PM
This is going to a stupid question, but which book talked about Neutral followers of Evil Deities/vice versa? (For example a neutral Chaotic follower of Grummsh)

I am dying to know and I already searched through a lot of books. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

fishyfishyfishy
2016-08-03, 11:20 PM
Players Handbook. It's in the Cleric class description under alignment.

KillianHawkeye
2016-08-04, 02:04 AM
Players Handbook. It's in the Cleric class description under alignment.

To expand upon this, while it's true that a Cleric must be within one alignment step of their deity, other worshipers are under no such restrictions. It may be a little unusual for a Good character to follow an Evil deity (or vice versa), but there's nothing that explicitly prevents such worship.

TheCreatorT
2016-08-04, 10:22 AM
To expand upon this, while it's true that a Cleric must be within one alignment step of their deity, other worshipers are under no such restrictions. It may be a little unusual for a Good character to follow an Evil deity (or vice versa), but there's nothing that explicitly prevents such worship.

That I am aware of, but no this book has a list of 'evil' deities with different ideas for characters who worship them but are not necessarily evil. I swear I read this in a book somewhere I just can't figure out where.

BowStreetRunner
2016-08-04, 10:31 AM
That I am aware of, but no this book has a list of 'evil' deities with different ideas for characters who worship them but are not necessarily evil. I swear I read this in a book somewhere I just can't figure out where.

In Complete Champion there is a section starting on page 27 that covers the Dark Churches and discusses non-evil worshipers of each of those deities. I'm thinking this is the section you are recalling.

TheCreatorT
2016-08-04, 10:33 AM
In Complete Champion there is a section starting on page 27 that covers the Dark Churches and discusses non-evil worshipers of each of those deities. I'm thinking this is the section you are recalling.

BINGO! Thank you so much!