PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Grab monster ability and more then one target?

thecrimsondawn
2016-08-04, 09:31 AM
Just like the title says, if I have say, 4 slam or tentacle attacks, and I attack different targets, so long as there is an empty space near me, would I be able to grapple and maintain multiple grapples at once? What sort of penalty would I suffer if I can do this?

Yes or no to the above, I have a few feat slots to spend after grabbing the rapid grapple feat chain, and I am thinking about picking up 3 style feats. I am thinking about grabbing style, unless you guys know of one better.

Psyren
2016-08-04, 09:46 AM
Just like the title says, if I have say, 4 slam or tentacle attacks, and I attack different targets, so long as there is an empty space near me, would I be able to grapple and maintain multiple grapples at once? What sort of penalty would I suffer if I can do this?

1) Yes, you can start and maintain multiple grapples at once with appendages like this. This makes tentacled monsters particularly dangerous as they can full-attack and grab multiple foes in one round, usually with reach.

2) Humanoids take a grapple penalty if they don't have at least two free hands. Non-humanoids take no penalty.

thecrimsondawn
2016-08-04, 01:15 PM
1) Yes, you can start and maintain multiple grapples at once with appendages like this. This makes tentacled monsters particularly dangerous as they can full-attack and grab multiple foes in one round, usually with reach.

2) Humanoids take a grapple penalty if they don't have at least two free hands. Non-humanoids take no penalty.

In this case the monster in question is a construct with slam attacks - An Animated object at that. I want to make sure that I have all the bonuses and penalties down. While it is a biped creature, that does not count as a humanoid right?