PDA

View Full Version : Wraith Possessed Prestige Class for DnD 3.5

DrBloodbathMC
2016-08-04, 05:54 PM
(Re-posted from another forum, sorry everyone)

I'm making a prestige class based off of Talion from shadow of mordor to go with a campaign setting I'm making and I need help/ideas for abilities. I can post the level chart when I get home but as I'm on mobile this is what I have so far:

D8 hit die
Full bab
Good fort and ref

Abilities:
Spectral arrow
1/day/class level treat an arrow you have as if it had bane of your favored enemy.

Dominate
At 5th level Dominate a creature per the spell. You can only have one person under your control at a time. This increases by to 2 creatures at level 10. CL=1/2 class level. DC 15+wis bonus

im thinking of including a deflection bonus to AC, probably topping at +3. Other than that I have no idea what to include to make it balanced.

TheYell
2016-08-08, 03:31 PM
Nah make it overpowered, you'll get people here to whittle it down for you :)

Haven't played Shadow of Mordor, is this the guy who died in Dagorland and came back as a wraith that still hates the forces of Sauron?

CinuzIta
2016-08-11, 08:38 AM
You see, the fact is that Talion doesn't gain his abilities from his ranger training but rather from being host to Celebrimbor. Because of this, I'd see a template fitting better what you're trying to achieve! Something like this:

The body of this creature is hosting a wraith with his own agenda. This specter is willing to concede the base creature his supernatural powers in order to get help fullfilling his plans. Or maybe the plan of the base creature and of the wraith are the same...

Type and size: base creature's type and size doesn't change

Abilities: the base creature gain a +2 bonus to his Charisma

Special qualities:

- Ethereal Armor: the base creature gains a deflection bonus to his AC equal to his Charisma bonus

- Ethereal Touch: every weapon, shield and armor wielded by the base creature gains the ghost touch quality

- Ethereal Jump: starting from 5HD the creature gains Dimensional Leap, as the spell. The caster level is equal to the base creatures HD. The base creature can use this ability a number of times per day equal to his Charisma modifier (minimum 1 per day).

- Dominate: starting from 9HD, the creature can attempt a Dominate Person attempt as the spell with a caster level equal to his HD. The spell cast this way has a range of Touch instead of Close and can be cast a number of times per day equal to the Charisma modifier (minimum 1 per day). Starting from 17HD the creature can cast Dominate Monster, as the spell but always requiring a Touch attack. The DC is equal to 10+ 1/2 caster HD + Cha modifier.

- Two Minds: starting from 12HD, whenever the base creature is affected by an enchantment spell or effect and fails his saving throw, he can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. He gets only this one extra chance to succeed on his saving throw.

- skill: the character gains a +4 bonus to Hide, Listen, Move Silently and Spot checks.

I'm not an expert on LA but seeing as the Dominate line of spells are rather powerful I'd go with a LA+2/+3

srgtsilent
2016-08-11, 06:46 PM
I agree with the +2. If you are willing to make it a tad more powerful, say +3, i imagine you could give even more wraith like powers, (Con damage, Deathwatch), by adding in a downside such as, "This template can be removed by anyone trained in the art of exorcism ..." etc. etc.

That's just personal opinion, I never allow things such as Magic Jar or Possession without a way to exorcise said spirit. Ghostwalk could be of some help, but we may just be getting into semantics atm, as I do not believe there is any "True Exorcist" like abilities.