PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Home town commoner characters and story

MBControl
2016-08-05, 11:27 AM
In the campaign I'm running, my party is currently living in the city of Suzail. It is basically a safe zone, at least at this point. I'm finding that the party is not interacting with their home town, and neighbours much, and I'd like to develop some local characters, and story line in Suzail.

My plan was to do a short one shot campaign, in which my players would assume the roles of local citizens, and embark on a small adventure within the city walls. I want it to be compelling , without being hugely dangerous. I'm probably not looking for a ton of intense combat, because squishy commoners.

What I'd like from you folks, is some ideas about characters that the players can play, and some interesting objectives for them.

I'm hoping that if the players play these future NPC's they will relate and interact with, as well as having a running story line in Suzail that I can build on later.

Thanks, Fam

TheProfessor85
2016-08-05, 03:22 PM
i'd refer you to the follwing ideas in the link
bernietheflumph.blogspot.com/2014/07/d-5th-edition-backround-and-0-level.html?m=1

As for story ideas, give them a mystery to solve. Involve politics if you think it might make things more fun. Maybe an elected official is helping a criminal element smuggle something into the city. Maybe the PCs saw it or over heard the information, but for some reason they can't go straight to city's officers.

They could be aproached by a small child of a rare race and be asked for help. Encounters could be dialogue based, and only come to fighting is necessary