PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Dragon's Delve - Team B (In Character)

Richter
2016-08-05, 06:21 PM
For most outsiders, Brindenford is welcoming. Cautious in its own way, as one would expect of a place that sits in so dangerous an area, but well accustomed to a flow of unusual outsiders.

Unfortunately, the line between an outsider and and one of those dangers is a fine one when it comes to the more unusual. Commoners seem to stray back from them and it doesn't take long for a goblin, a tiefling and and a grippli to draw attention and before they even reach the center of town they are approached by a tall, middle aged human male with a longsword on his hip and a longbow across his back, accompanied by an older man with a paunch who hangs back slightly to keep an eye on things. Both are armored.

The man who approaches most directly holds up his hand for the group to stop and he speaks in an even voice. "Whoa travelers. May I ask who you are that approach our town and what do you seek?"

You recognize the man as the sheriff, Erro Mansan. He is accompanied by one of his deputies; Odhanan Baoisgne.

On the man's tabard he has the mark of a sheriff. The man near him has the mark of a constable.

Krogarn
2016-08-05, 07:15 PM
"I was asking these two for help finding my master, Elandriel." He responds in a matter-of-fact tone. "He went missing many weeks ago after going to Delve, and I promised I would find him if he did not return."

Knowledge: Local roll: 10

"I hope we are not causing any problems, Sheriff."

HappyMerecat
2016-08-05, 07:44 PM
Anil

Anil watches as the odd trio are approached by the man. Anil knows he is pretty new in town as well, so he is curious as to how they treat newcomers.

["I was asking these two for help finding my master, Elandriel." He responds in a matter-of-fact tone. "He went missing many weeks ago after going to Delve, and I promised I would find him if he did not return."]

Anil picked up Kitty and stroked her fur and walked towards the group. "N'Kagaa shag nos. Fen'tok Nakka ghee mas."

I'll help. I am a good warrior and will keep you safe.

He pauses realizing he is speaking in orc. "I help. I keep you safe."

Richter
2016-08-05, 08:47 PM
The man frowns a bit, first at the explanation, and then at the language the half-orc uses. He gives a slight shake of his head. "Percidal?" It may be a bit of a surprise that he knows the name, not many of the townsfolk do. "Don't be foolish. It is a pity what happened with your Master, but he is not alone in being lost to that place. Not the first, and certainly not the last. You are a likeable enough... Sort. I wouldn't see you join him, and you'll only be taking these new friends with you. If you run into troubles down there, no patrols will come to your aid."

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-08-05, 10:08 PM
As the rest of the group is talking Apatite just skips around the whole party singing a jaunty diddy.
The Delve in Brindenford,
We'll swing our swords,
smash those wards,
take all rewards,
the dragon's hoarde,
no longer ignored.
Big Ballin' like a Lord,
play my harpsichord,
Peace restored.
So I say all aboard,
Leave nothing unexplored,
Cause..... Cause...
She stops, embarrassed that she has ran out of rhymes. First day on the job and she's already messing it up. She's never going to be a star this way. Then her eyes light up as it hits her.
CAUSE IM BORED!!!
Apatite falls to the floor laughing, so proud of her demonstration of such great rhyming skills.

BilltheCynic
2016-08-05, 11:32 PM
"Whoa travelers. May I ask who you are that approach our town and what do you seek?"

Licht can hear Mudoru grumbling in the back of his mind. "We have come on a goodwill mission; to end a goblin instrument of mass torture who is traveling this way. It could be here even now."

Licht ignores the devil; he had been whining about Apatite ever since they'd joined up. To the man in front of him he says, "Oh yes, sorry sheriff, I don't mean to cause a disturbance. My name is Licht von Dunkel, it seems you already know Percidal, and that...charming bard is Apatite. We're here because...well, I'm sure you've already guessed that we're here to explore Dragon's Delve. Your concern is touching sir, it really is, but both Percidal and I are honor-bound to enter the dungeon for our own reasons, and I fear you describing the dangers of the place will only encourage Apatite to go in. We are aware of the risks and thank you very much for the warning, but it is something that we have to do."

{"N'Kagaa shag nos. Fen'tok Nakka ghee mas."}

Licht turns to someone speaking in an unknown language. A half-orc by the looks of him, and he looks to be fairly tough. Of course, that might just be in comparison to the goblin, the grippli, and the scrawny tiefling. The half-orc pauses, then appears to offer the translation.

{"I help. I keep you safe."}

Licht hides a wince. It really would be nice to have someone else who's good at survival and brawling, but it would feel wrong to accept someone into the group who might not be smart enough to truly grasp the situation he was getting into.

Mudoru sighs in exasperation. "You don't have a full grasp of what you're getting into either. Besides, the half-orc was the one to approach you. Most likely he's been trying to get into the dungeon for a while but couldn't find a group that would accept him. Would you turn him away like they did? Because I would rather you not turn away a perfectly willing meatshield due to your misguided protective instincts."

Now Licht hides a grimace. Unfortunately, the devil does have a point. He smiles at the half-orc and says, "Well, uh, if you're willing to come I would be glad enough to have you along. If I might ask what your specialty is, Mr...?"

Rokku
2016-08-06, 02:09 AM
"You're heading into the Delve?"

The question comes from a fiercely beautiful young woman in armor adorned with Calistrian regalia. She looks at the assembled group with barely-concealed disdain. A whip hangs at her side that is shiny and supple - clearly, a weapon well cared for.

"You're going to need my help," she says, as if it were as much a fact as the sunrise, "and lucky you, I'm in need of a party. Carissa Walz, warpriestess of Calistria."

Krogarn
2016-08-06, 02:22 AM
"I would not want you to send others down to do what I must do. This is my debt to repay. I know that Master is dead, but before I can go home, I must find him and give him the burial he has earned." He pauses, cocking his head to the side in thought for a moment. "I also wish to find out what creature hunted him, and hunt it in return. It will be greatest hunt undertaken, to hunt what can hunt a hunter." With his face, it is a little hard to tell, but his tone seems more eager than vengeful. There is no malice in his words, only a desire to test himself.

He looks over and up towards the half-orc. "Your people are big, strong, very aggressive. My people have fought with yours before, much danger from your people. You will be very useful in hunting what hunted my master. I am happy to hunt with big orc hunter."

Then he looks over at the Human female. "You also big, not as big as orc, but still big. Good to have other big people around to hunt. I am interested to see how you hunt with whip, will be good to learn new hunting ways from human. I am Percidal." His tone again seems genuine, he seems to indeed be interested in seeing how a human with a whip would hunt monsters.

Richter
2016-08-06, 10:46 AM
The man sighs at the discussion going on. Not only are they not being dissuaded, but they are pairing up. With a shake of his head, he gives a small wave of his hand to send off the other man. "Bah. Damnable fools. Its too late to set off tonight, you'd likely not even make it to the dungeon proper. I'll not have your bodies laying on the road for one of my constables to find."

Turning he beckons for everyone to follow him. "Come, I'll make sure Judello doesn't turn you away and you are able to get a room at least. If you are going to make a big mistake, best not to make it in the dark, eh?

BilltheCynic
2016-08-06, 09:08 PM
Licht turns to Carissa. "Oh. Well, ok then, having someone with a divine connection along would be quite nice. Thank you for the offer. And thank you sheriff for helping us now."

Mudoru growls. "Calistria. Careful of that one. She encourages her followers to be petty, vindictive, and worst of all flighty."

HappyMerecat
2016-08-07, 09:51 AM
Anil

"I just got to town and I good at lots of things. I am a warrior and my dad was a ... lock person. He said I was a natural with locks 'n stuff." He strokes his cat, his long spear leaning against the wall.

"Oh and I can see int he dark!"

He takes 10 on Diplomacy for them to like him and Bluff to convince them he is capable if dumb. Diplomacy: 19, Bluff:20. These are 21 and 22 against humanoids (so everyone but Licht).

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-08-07, 12:04 PM
"Well more green people is always better."
She looks around all proud that her group is more green than fleshy toned.
"What? No songs just truth."
Then she goes back to her spinning and singing.

Richter
2016-08-08, 05:12 PM
The sheriff leads the group all the way to a building that is well kept but clearly holds a lot of age. A sign above it shows a robed shepherd standing with his crooked staff overhead, though with no flock around him.

Inside, the taproom is warm and comfortable, fires crackling in hearths spread through the room to ward off the early evening chill. The room is populated, but not crowded with perhaps a dozen townsfolk scattered among the different tables. There is a doorway behind the bar, which from the sounds seems to lead to the kitchen. A closed door on the back of the room, likely leads to either the owners quarters or private offices, and a flight of stairs up leads to the rooms available for rent.

A middle-aged halfling with black hair slicked back into a ponytail and a gold-toothed smile bustles behind the bar, giving a nod as you enter and a young human woman is moving out among the tables with a serving tray to busy to notice new arrivals.

To one side of the room, an older dwarf who looks rough and tumble and heavy armor and a greataxe beside him roars with loud laughter, holding court before several peasants. Its difficult to tell if they are amused by his story or just by his antics.

Finally, sitting back in one of the corners you can spot a tall elf, wearing loose fitting clothing, picking at a plate of food with a knife and fork, appearing to purposefully ignore the rest of the crowd.

The sheriff steps inside first, and his presence clearly assuages some of the concerns of the locals who settle back to their tables at the odd arrivals, only watching from the corners of their eyes. He moves to the bartender and speaks to him in hushed tones, leaving the rest of you to move as you will.

HappyMerecat
2016-08-08, 09:11 PM
Anil

Anil, kitty in hand, sits at an empty table. He looks around the room for anyone playing games of chance or the like as he waits of the others to sit or approach the bar. He looks uncertain what to do with his spear.

Richter
2016-08-09, 10:07 AM
There don't appear to be any card or dice players out openly, though whether that is not permitted in this town or whether this bar is simply upscale enough that its frowned upon here isn't clear.

Most folks in the room are armed to some degree, though for most that just means a dagger at the belt. Those who are more heavily armed(like the dwarf with his greataxe) seem to just have their weapons propped against a wall near them.

Rokku
2016-08-09, 11:49 AM
Carissa takes a seat at the same table.

"So what do you do," she asks of Anil, "and is the cat just a pet or actually useful?"

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-08-09, 02:10 PM
Apatite walks in behind everyone else. Being as short as she is she has to climb up to a chair to actually get a good look at the place. She see's all of her compatriots looking around for a place to sit and talk with people.
Lets soften everyone up for them
She says to herself. She goes up to the bar and climbs up on it. Casts; Aspect of the Nightengale.
Then begins to sing to make everyone in the bar more amicable to the groups night activities.

Hey diddle diddle,
Sang the ded rat wit a fiddle,
You see meee as an ignoramus,
but wit the dragon's delve eye'll be famous.
A little aide from you we require,
For the situation is quite dire.
So give into yur will power,
And can I get a discount on a whiskey sour?

(1d20+9)[11]

(1d20+5)[20]

Krogarn
2016-08-09, 03:22 PM
Percidal climbs up on the chair, likely standing on it so as to be seen due to his short stature. "It is a good idea to say what we are trained for before heading out tomorrow morning, so that we know what to expect from the others." He then turns to regard Anil, curious to his answer to Carissa's questions.

Richter
2016-08-09, 05:42 PM
Most people stare at the bard with furrowed brows, the elf in the corner gives a noticable snort and brings a book out of his pouch to purposefully read from it. However, the halfling behind the bar gives a laugh at the song and slaps his hand on the bar before bringing out a glass and filling it, sliding it down the bar towards the singer. He has a wide grin on his face, punctuated with a gold tooth as he calls out. "Don't ever say Judello did nothing for you, eh? And remember me when you come back, arms loaded with treasure." That brings another laugh from him and the halfling looks over to the serving girl in the bar and gives her a nod.

With his approval she makes her way over to the table the party is quickly occupying. "What can I do for you?"

HappyMerecat
2016-08-09, 07:43 PM
Anil

["So what do you do," she asks of Anil, "and is the cat just a pet or actually useful?"]

Anil looks at her as if he is confused as he strokes kitty's fur. "Kitty, is ... a cat. What else would a cat be?"
"What I do. I fight and I am good with locks n stuff. You like Calistra, you should ask her about me."

BilltheCynic
2016-08-10, 01:50 AM
Licht sits down at the table, secretly glad the Apatite was drawing attention away from him. He is still a bit self-conscious about his infernal heritage.

"What can I do for you?"

Licht thinks for a seconds, then asks her, Do you serve lamb stew? If so, I would quite like that. Also, could I please get a pitcher of wine for the table?" Licht pulls out a gold coin and sets it on the table.

"It is a good idea to say what we are trained for before heading out tomorrow morning, so that we know what to expect from the others."

Licht looks around at the others. "Well, I can guess I can go first. I have some minor skill in arcane magic, though it is mostly small utility spells. I can also summon allies from other planes to aid us."

Licht hesitates, unsure if he should continue. Mudoru chuckles in his head.

"You might as well tell them. You're going to need my help if you want to survive and keep you knew friends alive, and how is drawing directly from my strength any better than drawing on my infernal allies, which you readily admitted to doing. Besides, the goblin already knows, and she will most certainly tell them if you don't."

Licht sighs. "There is one other thing. If given a bit of time to prepare, I can call upon powers from beyond this plane to directly boost my physical attributes, becoming much stronger, more agile, and more durable. I can serve as a shield for the team, taking blows so the rest of you don't have to. I should probably mention that doing this blocks my channels to other planar creatures, so I cannot both become stronger and summon help."

Krogarn
2016-08-10, 02:57 AM
"Summon allies and become big and strong, both are good skills. I, too, can summon allies from nature. I have the ability to summon fog to hide in, and can make cool fire to show where my enemies are. I am skilled at climbing, as my people live in tree huts. I also hunt mounted, but I can not bring my mount into town, sheriff says to me it is too dangerous for town people. I am also skilled at stealth, and am very skilled at tracking prey. Oh, and can also become stronger or faster or tougher for short time, like animals."

Having described his skills to the best of his ability, Percidal turns to the waitress "Any stew is fine, I am not picky about what is in it."

Richter
2016-08-10, 12:53 PM
The waitress nods her head to the group, though she still keeps a bit of a distance. "I'll fetch a platter and a pitcher for the table." She seems a bit confused by the well spoken tiefling and watches him as she makes her way back to the kitchen. She must have said something as when she returns with the tray other members of the staff are peeking out of the back room, an older hunched woman and a man who looks to be in his forties.

Setting the tray down on the table, a small stack of bowls and mugs along with a large container of stew and a pitcher of wine she looks around, trying to give a pleasant enough smile. "Will you be needing rooms for the night? The taproom closes in a few hours, though there are back stairs to the rooms for guests. No more than two to a room."

BilltheCynic
2016-08-10, 02:17 PM
Licht smiles at the waitress. "Thank you. Yes, I think some rooms for the night would be quite nice. Could we rent three rooms, please?"

The tiefling pulls out three gold coins and hands them to the waitress. "This should cover the costs for the rooms and the meals. Keep any left over change. Thank you again, and have a pleasant night."

Licht turns to Percidal. "Oh, a skilled hunter. That sounds quite helpful for the Delve. If I may ask, do you prefer to hunt from a distance or up close?"

Spending three gp:

141 - 3 = 138 gp

Richter
2016-08-10, 06:17 PM
The woman nods her head and dips over to the bar. Talking with the bartender a moment, she returns with three keys, placing them on the table and scooping up the coins. "There you are. If the taproom is closed, those keys will get you in the side entrance along the alley which has a staircase up to the rooms. There are shared privys, along with a boiler if a bath is required." She pauses and looks over the group. "Or recommended. Let me know if you need further assistance."

HappyMerecat
2016-08-10, 06:45 PM
Anil

Anil gets himself a bowl of stew and begins to eat, tossing kitty some tasty bit as he does so.

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-08-10, 07:27 PM
However, the halfling behind the bar gives a laugh at the song and slaps his hand on the bar before bringing out a glass and filling it, sliding it down the bar towards the singer. He has a wide grin on his face, punctuated with a gold tooth as he calls out. "Don't ever say Judello did nothing for you, eh? And remember me when you come back, arms loaded with treasure." What can I do for you?"

Apatite, smiles real big at the cute half ling, then winks at him. She takes her well earned drink, slides down off the bar, and skips giddily to the party.

She listens to everyone say what their skills are and she excitedly buts in, "And I can get free drinks!!!". While listening to everyone else continue talking she pulls out her stuffed rat and pretends to let it have some of her drink too. And just keeps playing with it and drinking her beer.

BilltheCynic
2016-08-10, 09:02 PM
Licht nods to the waitress. "Much obliged. Actually, I do have a question: do you know who we could talk to for more information about this lovely town and the delve?"

Krogarn
2016-08-11, 12:37 AM
"Up close or far away, whatever is needed to secure the kill. My mount prefers to be up close, so I usually do as he wishes. I can tell you many basics of the town, I have lived here for three years. Master did not talk much about the Delve, but I do know it is much, much bigger below then it is above, and that it is dangerous enough to have probably killed my Master and his group when they went in before. He was much greater hunter then I am, so we will have to be very careful."

Percidal can relay any of the basic information about the town, such as where certain shops are and who runs them, and knows roughly what kind of dangerous animals and other monsters live around the town and near the Delve due to his training and what was relayed to him by his Master. Anything specific on the Delve he knows nothing about, stating that "Master did not like to talk about the Delve, said is very dangerous and Percidal should never go."

Richter
2016-08-11, 10:56 AM
The waitress nods her head towards Percidal "The little one should be able to get you there certainly, I've seen him around enough. If you are looking for more..." She motions over towards the armored dwarf. "Erlan there likes to tell stories of the delve if you want rumors or the like." She glances over at the Elf in the corner, eyes still glued to his book and purposefully not looking over at the group. "Felstor is a wealth of knowledge on the history and legends of the place, but his wisdom tends to cost more than just ale."

BilltheCynic
2016-08-12, 04:12 AM
Mudoru muses, "Hmm, the elf's a scholar. One interested in the lore of this place no less. I suggest starting with him. He might be interested enough in your ceremonial tattoos to warrant an information exchange."

Licht considers, then says out loud, "Thank you. I think I'll speak to Erlan first. Could I buy a mug of ale for the good dwarf?"

Assuming he gets and pays for the ale

Licht walks over to Erlan with the mug in hand and politely waits for a break in his boasting. When there is one, he hands over the ale and says, "Excuse me, I thought your throat might be getting a bit parched. Would you mind regaling with tales of the Delve?"

138-0.04=137.96

Richter
2016-08-12, 01:07 PM
The dwarf's hands are scarred and calloused to the point that he must have been striking thing constantly, far more than would make sense for a warrior. Much more likely a woodcutter or miner.

The dwarf gives a wide smile to the tiefling and from his breath its quite clear that isn't his first ale of the evening. His 'audience' as it were, don't seem to mind the interruption at all and take the chance to drop their attention back to their own tables and conversations. Taking up the mug, he draws a long swig and starts immediately into a tale with a gruff voice and occasional slurring, though he speaks with a somber seriousness.

"The secrets of the delve is one of time immemorial. Legends tell of that it was built before the rise of thassilon itself, when a comet of great power crashed from the sky and mystical caverns formed around it to keep it trapped away. In the years since the dungeon has grown on its own as a living thing, attracting monster and adventurer alike with its power, each carving out their own mark upon its stoney flesh. Ancient dwarves, the mages four, martial masters, dragons, all have come to plumb the secrets of the delve and made it their home, all of those have become part of its secrets themselves..." He trails off for a moment as if realizing he was starting to make sense and looks down into his mug as if that would help him gather his thoughts. He takes another deep pull before he continues on.

"Even our own have brought about what the delve is now. I was but a wee child when the duchy was raised, damnable devil worshippers, and saw the corruption of the moon tree first hand. Burned to the earth like the keep itself but its black roots run deep away from the light of glarias rather than raised in reverence to her as they once were." A sad shake of his head accompanies that, the nights drinks making it hard not to become emotional from his childhood memories. "We ain't had a proper adventurer since, well since my time I imagine. What we do, who make it back anyway, talk of cults with poisoned blades and strange beasts running together, and monstrous sorts, your sorts I suppose, gathering together under Lamasthu in ways that ain't natural calling themselves the bestial horde. Must have a mighty powerful force to make the gobs and trolls and the like work together and form a team, like civilized folk. No offense of course."

He tips his mug up in apology before fully draining it and setting the mug down. "I imagine we ain't ever going to see that dungeon get a proper map, I don't think it would stand for it. Too many hands opening passages, too many magic doors and portals and paths. Too much death. You got to be a brave one to come back from there, to be able to settle in and tell your story and make some ale and even then, you are lucky to have a coin to your name. Fools may throw themselves at it, but treasure ain't so easy to come by. It goes deep. And the deeper you get, the less things have seen the light. The more there is to fear."

HappyMerecat
2016-08-12, 07:49 PM
Anil

Anil listens as the Dwarf talks, while continuing to eat his stew. It seems to him that the Dwarf is saying lots of nothing.

Perceptions [roll0]

BilltheCynic
2016-08-12, 08:51 PM
"No offense taken,"* says Licht. "That is...certainly some interesting lore surrounding this area. Thank you for your time."

Mudoru scoffs,"Congratulations, my host. You have learned such such sage wisdom as the dungeon is home to many monsters and has many secrets. Also, the locals don't take kindly to devil-worshipers. Such revelations that could only have been gotten from so learned a dwarf."

Licht sighs internally. "I wanted to get a general idea on what to ask before going to Felstor. The sage's price could very well be information about me, and that is a high price, especially in a town that ran out their rulers after finding out they consorted with devils. It doesn't matter my reasons anyway: I am not beholden to you."

"Of course not, my host."

Licht walks over to Felstor and sits down near him. He brushes back his hair, not-so-subtly trying to draw attention to his ritual tattoos. Excuse me...Felstor, is it? I hope I'm not bothering you, but I thought that a learned sage such as yourself might have some knowledge about the Delve and hoped that you would be willing to share some of it."

*Bluff check: [roll0]

Perception check: [roll1]

Krogarn
2016-08-12, 10:09 PM
Percidal contently eats the stew, able to put away an impressive amount for being so small. He watches as Licht speaks with the Dwarf, but doesn't really seem to be paying much attention.

Perception (1d20+6)[7]

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-08-12, 10:46 PM
Apatite is still just playing with her stuffed rat and nursing her free beer.

Richter
2016-08-13, 06:42 PM
Felstor (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2itiC4_SqgqckRZWlMySkVKd28/view?usp=sharing)

The elf glances up from his book and regards the tiefling slowly, clearly not thrilled with what he sees(Now, or when you walked in the door). His hair is neatly trimmed down short and would be quite tall and whip thin if he were standing. From the fact his skin is so pale as to be almost chalk, its unlikely he sees much sun.

Sighing softly, he closes the cover of his book though he leaves a finger trapped in its pages, clearly not expecting to be away from it for long. "Oh? Hoping I might have some knowledge, are you? Perhaps you were hoping a river might be wet as well? Of course I know things. Secrets thought long lost of the paths that wind beneath that ruined fortress. Of the lands which surround it. Of the world itself! But my knowledge has come at great cost to myself and will come at great cost to any who wish to access it. If you are seeking your fortune in the delve, well... I suspect I don't have much for you, hm?"

Sighing once again, he tilts his head a bit and answers more earnestly. Obviously, this is a spiel he is somewhat used to. "My rate is 50gp per hour, with a minimum of 1 hour, per topic, presuming I can simply answer your question. If it will require greater research, I charge 100gp a day, plus expenses while I seek out your answers. I take 20% as a holding fee on such questions, which I keep even if it is unknowable. The rest will be paid before the answer is given."

HappyMerecat
2016-08-13, 07:50 PM
Anil

Anil chokes on his ale when the elf mentions his fee. He looks at the elf in disbelief.

"If you got so much knowing about the delve, why are you not rich due to all the wealth you got? 'Sides if you tell us tall tales and we die 'cuz of it, no loss to you as you got yur money."

Diplomacy[roll0] including the +2 for being humanoid

BilltheCynic
2016-08-13, 11:05 PM
"If you got so much knowing about the delve, why are you not rich due to all the wealth you got? 'Sides if you tell us tall tales and we die 'cuz of it, no loss to you as you got yur money."

Mudoru gives a cross between a chuckle and an exasperated sigh. "I can tell the half-orc why he's not rich: the elf may be knowledgable-or he may not, I have yet to see any evidence and I do not consider literacy or pretentiousness to be evidence-but he is a horrid businessman..."

Licht listens to Mudoru rant while also considering Anil in a new light. The inflections in his voice, the basic argument he made and the way he phrased it, all were surprisingly persuasive to his ears. Perhaps Anil also has a talent for haggling; certainly better than his own.

Licht turns to Anil, smiling and maintaining a polite voice while also keeping what Mudoru had ranted about in mind. "Perhaps he's not rich because most of his potential customers react as you did when they hear his rates. After all, one of the primary draws of the Delve is wealth, so it attracts people who can not necessarily throw around that kind of money, even if some knowledge would be quite useful. Most probably go to other sources that might not have as much depth or breadth of information but are certainly more affordable."

Bluff to pass a secret message to Anil: [roll0]
See if you can get him to charge different amounts based on the relevancy/obscurity of the information disclosed, emphasizing the business sense. Please.

Krogarn
2016-08-15, 10:33 PM
Best kind of knowledge is hands-on experience. Book knowledge useful, but only if you can apply it to what you are doing. Not much known about First few floors of Delve, best to go and be cautious, see what is there, and come back to get knowledge for what we come across that we do not know. Besides, if book knowledge had all answers of the Delve, not so many people would die there, right? We go and do our best, and make sure we have each others backs. We should get much sleep tonight, and head out early in the morning for Delve. Make sure you bring plenty rations and water.

His speech is sometimes a little halted, as if he is trying to speak a language he's still trying to get the hang of. He looks as if he is very confidant of their chances with his plan of "Go and try things out first" instead of trying to drill the elf for information.

"I am going to go back to mount, make sure he is fed well and ready for tomorrow morning. I will be down here near dawn, waiting for you to be ready. Sleep well."

With that, he finishes off his stew, pushes the bowl towards the table, leaves a gold piece on the table to pay for any further drinks or food the rest may want, and heads out the door towards the edge of town where is mount is.

Richter
2016-08-16, 12:12 PM
The elf gives a little smirk at the questions. "My wealth is my own concern, yes? Though I imagine that the reason I am not more flooded with coin is that only fools go to the delve. The more educated someone is about its dangers, the less likely they are to venture there. Still, the little frog does have a certain point. My information, while good does only grow when someone tests it. The fools who actually manage to survive can bring back a tidbit or two."

HappyMerecat
2016-08-16, 01:20 PM
Anil

"How did you get this 'formation?" Anil can't believe the elf does not understand. "I meant you'd'a got rich going into the delve to get the 'formation."
"I may not be smart, but I ain't so dumb as to give you money without knowing if you gots anything to be knowin'.
Anil looks around at the others.

Richter
2016-08-16, 04:23 PM
The elf sighs again. It might be his most common expression. "Where do I learn? Books. Scrolls. Legends. Other sages. I've studied much in my life and I don't spend all my time occupying this school. There is a brisk enough business in this town, and more importantly this region offers more to study than even my long life could allow. I've already spent decades searching through the lore here. I wouldn't so casually brush off the thought of knowing what is around you. When you find yourself facing a bluesteel door, or trying to uncover just where a map may lead, you might find that a little knowledge is useful, hm?"

BilltheCynic
2016-08-17, 12:10 AM
Licht tries to keep a pleasant expression, though Sarenrae knows Felstor is not making it easy. "While such knowledge would be quite valuable, the price you charge is simply too high for me to buy it. I may be a fool to go to the delve as you say, but I am certainly not a rich fool. I am sorry for wasting your time; good night."

Licht gets up and walks to the sheriff, quietly standing and waiting for a break in his conversation with the bartender. When there is one he says, "Um, Sheriff? Pardon me for interrupting. I appreciate you trying to warn us 'damnable fools' of the dangers of the delve earlier, and for helping us arrive here without too much upset from the locals. Unfortunately, all of us fools are determined to go to the delve for our own reasons, and I was hoping you might have some advice to help us survive a while longer. First, I have to ask about the history of the place; what exactly is the delve? What are some of the dangers in the place to watch out for? And what do the few adventurers who enter and escape it talk about that they experienced there?"

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-08-17, 01:04 PM
Apatite shakily walks up to Anil and whispers very loudly into his ear.

"BOO-ks be da end of us ALL! They be steelin' yur wurds, DON'T play their games!"

She gives the elf an "i've got my eyes on you" glare and then passes out on the floor.

What can i say she's little.... it doesn't take much alcohol to knock her out.

HappyMerecat
2016-08-17, 05:18 PM
Anil

Anil looks at Apatite as she speaks and then falls. Anil frowns. "Who broke the Goblin?"
Without waiting for an answer he picks her up and throws her over his shoulder then scoops up anything she dropped and follows Licht.

Richter
2016-08-17, 06:45 PM
Felstor raises his wineglass towards Licht as he departs and then re-opens his book, not looking too saddened by the loss of company.

The sheriff glances over as the Tiefling and the half-orc carrying a goblin join him. He raises a scarred brow, and turns to face the party, leaning back against the bar on his elbows. "I wish I could change your mind, but it doesn't look like that is much of an option, eh? I don't deal with the details of the dungeon, you go there you are outside of this town, and my, protection. However, the dwarf isn't so far off in his thoughts. The dungeon has been here in one form or another since before we recorded its history. It definitely holds power, and that power seems to draw beings too it, both creatures and adventurers."

"I can't even imagine how many times it has changed hands and designs, or the depths people have plumbed within exploring for all it offers, nor the lives lost in that pursuit. Many a legend has been born from within or ended its days within those walls."

"More of concern for me, about a century back this area was taken over by Duke Chordile who built his keep over the dungeon proper. His reign lasted less than two decades before it was found that some form of demon worship was occurring within his walls and the townsfolk burned the keep to the earth. Since then, we have been mostly on our own, we fall under the purview of Mivon, but the swordlords found that with the monsters in this part of the world they lose more tax collectors than they earn from a poor village so they don't pay us much mind. Its left us bearing the ignoble title 'The Fallen Duchy'."

"The delve isn't too far from the town proper, about two hours of a walk and a pretty easy trip, assuming you don't get yourself killed on the way. We've had a bandit issue of recent, a group known as the bestial horde rampaging around and somehow rallying together a bunch of monstrous folk to the banner of lamastu, and worse. I put down an ankheg this morning and my last run-in with the damnable horde had an ogre backing their normal greenskins so whoever is leading them must have a hell of a speech to get them together. And those are just our straightforward problems, without the worries of whatever might come crawling up from the dungeon itself because some fool adventurer broke open a crypt and got themselves killed..."

He looks as if he was about to continue with that tirade when one of the constables met earlier comes clomping into the bar, walking another tiefling woman with him. The sheriff glances to her and then back to the rest of the group. "Another of yours? I don't have to worry about a full scale invasion, do I?"

Cine
2016-08-18, 07:27 AM
"It's very kind of you, but I really don't think all this fuss was really neccesary." Blake's tail is swishing back an forth; she seems somewhat frustrated by the guardsman's insistance she be accompanied through town.

Oh well. They were arrived! What a colorful establishment this was. There was even a couple nonstandard humanoids among the clients. You'd think they'd be used to people looking like her walking about town, then. Oh well. Maybe she should set up a notice that she was looking for people to share in her journey?

HappyMerecat
2016-08-18, 07:33 AM
Anil

Anil looks at the newly arrived tiefling, then back at Licht then back to her. "Um...no." Then after a moment he smiles. "Well ... would you like to join us in exploring the Delve?"

Cine
2016-08-18, 08:27 AM
It takes a moment for Blake to realize that the Anil is talking to her. "Oh! Sorry." She looks the group over. "Yes, I'd love that. Equal shares and all? I'm Blake Antares."

BilltheCynic
2016-08-18, 08:53 AM
Licht blinks in surprise at the new arrival. She is the first tiefling besides him he has seen since leaving the cult of the Pit Ascending, and he isn't quite sure how he feels about that.

To the Sheriff he says, "Um...I don't think so.

Licht then mentally berates himself for his initial reaction. She is a person just as much as he, and no more responsible for her blood than he. She deserves a chance just like everyone else does.

He smiles at her. "Hello Miss Antares. My name is Licht von Dunkel, and though I cannot speak for everyone in our group, I would be happy for you to join us. And of course, equal shares for all involved."

Moduru sighs. "I really hope she is not another tiefling rejecting her heritage for goodness, light, and unicorns. Fiendish blood is supposed to be more corrupting than that."

Richter
2016-08-18, 02:51 PM
It isn't long after the new arrival joins the group before they find the common room of the inn is going to be closing for the night. Rooms are gotten and found to be on the second floor of the tavern.

Each room sleeps two comfortably and comes with a proper lock. The key to each room works on an outside door as well, giving access to a back staircase so one can get to their bed from town even while the taproom is closed.

The night is peaceful, and one could almost forget the looks of the townsfolk or the danger that was going to be faced the next day until dawns light peeks in and ruins it all.

BilltheCynic
2016-08-19, 11:26 PM
Before going to bed the night before Licht was suddenly struck with a realization: though he could quite a haul when fused to Mudoru, by himself he could not carry much at all, which could make transporting any treasure gathered back to town a bit of hassle.

He approaches Felstor again and says, "Excuse me Sage Felstor, perchance does your vast store of information also include arcane knowledge? I would like to purchase a scroll of a Floating Disc that will last for two hours."

Licht groans as the light streaming through the window rouses him from sleep. He gets up and immediately goes downstairs for some breakfast, hoping to get their before too many other people and their uncomfortable stairs arrive. He eats a light meal and waits at a corner table for the others to wake up and get ready to travel to the delve.

I had Licht buy the scroll the night before because I wasn't sure if Felstor would be there in the morning and walking to his shop might provoke reactions from the townsfolk. If that's a problem, just assume he bought the scroll on the way out of town. Other than that, he should be good to go.

Purchasing a scroll of Floating Disc (CL 2) and a light meal.

Scroll cost: base (12.5) * spell level (1) * caster level (2) = 25 gp
Meal cost: 0.3 gp
Total: 137.96 - 25.3 = 112.66

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-08-20, 12:16 PM
Apatite wakes from her deep sleep before anyone else and tries to find a way to the roof to watch the sun rise.

Then goes down stairs more refreshed and excited than ever. Upon seeing the continental breakfast offered to the guests the makes a disgusted face and pulls a jar of pickles from her pack and eats those. It's about time she destroyed the evidence anyhow.

Cine
2016-08-20, 12:56 PM
"Morning."
Blake shows up for breakfeast, determined to eat something. She was never hungry in the mornings, but that wouldn't do, not with what she and her companions - she had companions! - were getting up to today. She steadfastly tries to ignore what the goblin was eating, but ends up asking, anyway.

"Arn't those bad for digestion, first thing in the morning?"

Krogarn
2016-08-20, 02:13 PM
At just past dawn, Percidal will head through the door of the tavern and order a hot bowl of porridge. Sitting next to the goblin, he quietly eats his meal waiting for the rest of the group to show up.

"Goblins eat many things, they have grown to have stomachs that allow them to eat anything without issue, unless it is poisonous." Looks Blake over for a moment. "You are similar to her companion, Licht. Also have horns and look fearsome. Are you of his tribe, and are you also coming with us to the Delve?"

Cine
2016-08-20, 03:27 PM
"Really? Fascinating."

Blake figures he doesn't mean anything bad by the horns comment. She does look fearsome, there's no denying that.

"I ran into one of you last night - the half orc, Anil, I think it was? Yeah, him, he was nice enough to offer me to come along. I've never met Licht before, and I can't really say his last name rang a bell. Unless he changed it at some point?"

Anyway.

"What about you, is this the first time you're doing something like this? I sort of fell into the 'adventurer' thing by chance, recently."

HappyMerecat
2016-08-20, 05:39 PM
Anil

Anil gathers his equipment and heads down to get breakfast. Seeing Blake and Percidal talking he joins them.

Richter
2016-08-20, 10:12 PM
Felstor gives a small smile to the question, though its accompanied by a shake of his head. "Arcane knowledge, yes. But power, no. I much prefer theory to practice, With one, I can learn any infinite number of fascinating bits of lore. With the other, I get to practice the same spells until my fingers are numb. Hardly a choice." He pauses and his smirk grows. "Now I do know a place, somewhat locally, where you could acquire such magical paraphernalia. But I believe we have established that access to my knowledge comes at a price, does it not?"

After an early breakfast and some basic chatter, the group sets off. Passing through town is quiet, very few are out this early in the morning, most who are up with the sun are followers of saranrae who are at the cathedral.

Passing south out of town towards your objective, the walk is actually quite lovely. You can see farmland to both the east and west, but southward, towards the delve itself the land seems to be unclaimed. The paths are well worn and easy to walk, along rolling hills that are lightly forested with a mix of silver maples, boxelders, and the occasional firethorn. The ruins are just over 2 miles out of town.

At the center of the Fallen Duchy lie the ruins of Chordille Keep. This ruin offers no intact structures--only vine-grasped piles of stones, overgrown outlines of foundations, and the furtive hint of walls and arches. The entrance to the dungeon itself is little more than a twenty-foot wide open pit with an exposed stone stair that descends into darkness. Various explorers and treasure seekers have left the entrance well-cleared. Likewise, the observant adventurer may notice the remnants of cooking fires and other signs that previous delvers have made camp near this pit.

The ruins themselves have been brought down to the point that it is difficult to determine what each structure originally was. About 50ft north of any of the ruins is a massive stump of a tree, more than 20ft across itself. The stump looks like it has been chopped down and then burned, but the wood itself is a deep black with crimson lines running through it.

HappyMerecat
2016-08-20, 10:19 PM
Anil

Anil walks close to the entrance and then stops his mouth hanging slightly open as if he is unable to understand what he sees. His long spear is still held firmly in both hands. Behind his stupified look his eyes carefully scan for traps.

Perception [roll0] extra +1 to spot traps.

BilltheCynic
2016-08-20, 11:32 PM
Licht whistles as the entrance comes into sight. This is it, the dungeon that had claimed so many others, and now he in his hubris would try to brave. Sarenrae help them all.

Licht closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, then opens them and turns to the others. "I think it's time for me to get battle ready. If you will excuse me for a moment to prepare and pray.

Licht walks a short distance away and falls to his knees. He pulls out his iron holy symbol and clasps it in two hands. Head bowed and eyes closed, he prays in celestial:

డాన్ యొక్క ఎప్పుడూ ప్రకాశవంతమైన దేవత నేను మీరు మీ దయ మరియు సదుపాయం కోసం నా మీద ఈ రోజు మీరు ప్రతి రోజు అందిస్తాయి ధన్యవాదాలు నేను మీ దయ మరియు అవగాహన నిత్య కృతజ్ఞత వద్ద కూడా నేను నాశనం తీసుకుని మరియు నా రక్తంలో డెవిల్స్ పాల్పడకుండా మీ సహాయంతో నీతి మార్గం నడవడానికి ఉండవచ్చు జన్మించాడు నేను చెడు అవినీతికి మీరు స్టీల్ నా మనస్సు గుండె మరియు ఆత్మ అడగండి మరియు మీ జ్ఞానం నా మార్గం మార్గనిర్దేశం చేసే నేను చీకటి వ్యతిరేకంగా ఒక కవచం లోకి కాంతి వ్యతిరేకంగా ఒక ఆయుధం పరిగణించబడుతున్న చెయ్యడానికి మీ దయ మరియు న్యాయం యొక్క సాధనంగా ఉండవచ్చు ఇప్పుడు నా ప్రాణము రంధ్రాలు మరియు బానిస స్పాన్ నేను మీ బలం నాకు హెల్ యొక్క శక్తి హెవెన్ కారణం సేవించునట్లు పిలువు

Ever-bright goddess of the dawn, I thank you for your grace and provision upon me this day, as you provide every day. I am eternally grateful to your mercy and understanding, that even I, born to bring destruction and with the taint of devils in my blood, may walk the path of righteousness with your aid. I ask that you steel my mind, heart, and soul from the corruption of evil, and that your wisdom will guide my path. May I be an instrument of your compassion and justice, turning what was to be a weapon against the light into a shield against the darkness. Now spawn of the pits and slave to my soul, I summon your strength to me, that the power of Hell may serve the cause of Heaven.

As soon as the prayer finishes, Licht's tattoos seem to flow like crimson rivers of lava, and from them a charcoal-like hide grows to coat his entire body. Licht grimaces as his fusion with the fiend twists and deforms his body; his muscles swell grotesquely, his frame painfully grows much taller, his hair fuses into clumps of blood-red tendrils, his hands become disproportionately large tallons, and mouth elongates and fills with dagger-like teeth. Licht stands up more gracefully than his new form would imply, and his eyes open to reveal to two smoldering pits.

In a voice now deep and gravely he says, "I am ready to enter."

Performing one minute ritual to summon eidolon. Licht gains:

Temporary Hitpoints: 9
Strength: 16
Dex: 12
Con: 13
BAB: +1
Natural AC: +4
Fire Resistance 5
Bluff +8
Bite 1d6
2 Claws 1d4

Due to how many changes there are, I went ahead and created a second sheet for when the Licht and Mudoru fuse. A link is available in the "Statistics Block" section of Licht's sheet, but for convenience I will also post a link in the table and here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=912822).

HappyMerecat
2016-08-21, 08:26 AM
Anil

Anil looks at Licht as he returns, putting two and two together and coming up with him having somehow transformed. He blinks. He points his spear towards the newly transformed Licht. "Who are you?"

BilltheCynic
2016-08-21, 08:55 AM
Licht stops when Anil points his spear at him. He looks down at his new claws and lets out a sigh that sounds like rocks scraping together.

"Despite my new appearance, I am still Licht von Dunkel. As I said at the Lost Shepherd, I can draw on the strength of an outsider to greatly enhance my physical attributes. However, my mind is still my own, and my soul still Sarenrae's. I am still your ally. Now would you mind stop pointing that spear at me, please?"

Mudoru whispers, "Don't forget: you can also draw on my knowledge, at least what little I can still access. Do not underestimate the value of information, my host."

HappyMerecat
2016-08-21, 08:57 AM
Anil

Anil lowers his spear, his eyes still on Licht.

BilltheCynic
2016-08-21, 10:10 PM
Licht tries to distract himself from the uncomfortable stares by scanning the surrounding area for magical auras.

Casting Detect Magic as needed and moving around to scan the ruins, the area around the entrance, and the stump.

Cine
2016-08-22, 09:55 AM
"I dislike the look of that tree stump. Good thing they burned it down; I wish we could do for the roots as well."

The tiefling keeps a hand on her mace - there's little telling when she might need it, here.

Richter
2016-08-22, 11:10 AM
There doesn't appear to be any magical aura's glowing around the ruins of the keep proper. The stump however, does have some sort of magical aura emanating from it. However, its an odd one and hard to pin down just what the source is and it appears very faded.

You would guess that there is almost artifact level power here, but it appears to have weakened greatly to the point of barely being visible.

I'm going to give the descriptions going down here just so you have full information. I'm linking a map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ab9g2OU-VBlgpnidqNg-Zn1N5SriHXD_rIve6idkxvw/edit?usp=sharing) as well and will end up embedding that map in Floor 1 of the Wiki so it is easy to find later. The map is going to show a bit more than you can actually see just for ease of use. I have the area outside colored brown as a 'fog of war' type thing, to make doors easier to spot and to help make spots you have looked into. Let me know if there is a better way for me to represent that to you guys.

As the group begins to make their way down the stairs there is an odd sense of foreboding. The walk here was beautiful and easy, but there is a strange feeling that comes as you move deeper into the earth and the air grows cooler.

Reaching the first landing you can see three paths before you, all even lower beneath the earth. You can see flickering torchlight vaguely to the north.

You see a massive chamber filled with cobwebs and dust. A shallow pool twenty feet across lies in the middle of the room, with tall pillars to the east of it, each carved to look like a tall, beautiful, human woman. The ceiling is vaulted, and a crescent moon has been painted at the highest point, which is directly above the pool. Although the paint is chipped, it still retains a peculiar luster that reflects light with a glistening glow. The walls sport a few empty sconces, and you see an imposing set of bronze doors on the east wall. These double doors bear images of winged horses rearing majestically.

This hall runs north and south, the walls adorned with painted frescoes of humans riding, running along with, or chasing horses. A few ride winged horses high in the sky.

A skeletal corpse lies near the bottom of the stairs.

An ancient hall of mortared stone stretches before you, littered with small bits of rotten, splintered wood and grimy tatters of cloth. A dim torch in a sconce ahead reveals a number of wooden doors, all closed. It stinks of urine and sweat here.

At the far end of the hall, a narrow flight of stairs rises to a slightly higher chamber.

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-08-22, 11:32 AM
As soon as the prayer finishes, Licht's tattoos seem to flow like crimson rivers of lava, and from them a charcoal-like hide grows to coat his entire body. Licht grimaces as his fusion with the fiend twists and deforms his body; his muscles swell grotesquely, his frame painfully grows much taller, his hair fuses into clumps of blood-red tendrils, his hands become disproportionately large tallons, and mouth elongates and fills with dagger-like teeth. Licht stands up more gracefully than his new form would imply, and his eyes open to reveal to two smoldering pits.

Apatite watches the transformation a little confused, then lights up when she thinks she has figured it out.

Ewe should go wiTout ur makeup more offen! Ewe have a natchural beeyooty!

She then proceeds to brush her hair and straighten her dress.

I think your Beeyoooteaful!

Krogarn
2016-08-22, 01:41 PM
From on top of his giant lizard mount, Percidal is mostly quiet. While on the route here he is always continually scanning the area for tracks and possible oncoming threats. Once they arrive at the entrance and he witnesses Licht's transformation, he finally breaks his silence.

"I did not think you would look so fearsome, this is good. We should now talk about what order we go into the Delve. You and Anil look very big and strong, so you two should be in the front to deter weaker prey. I can fight from front or back, I am also good choice for front. Better to keep Apatite more in back, keep safe from big monsters." Stops to think for a moment. "I think best order would be Me then Anil, then apatite, then two horned people in back. Good strong warriors in front and back of formation, puts perceptive hunters in front, and keeps healer Blake and bard Apatite safe in middle. What you think, Licht?"

BilltheCynic
2016-08-22, 02:25 PM
"I dislike the look of that tree stump. Good thing they burned it down; I wish we could do for the roots as well."

Licht nods. "I'm not detecting any magic in the ruins, but there is an aura on the stump. Unfortunately, it is very faded and with an odd aura that I can't pin down. Unfortunately I don't have much formal training in the arcana arts so I'm not sure I could tell what is even if it was more normal magic."

Ewe should go wiTout ur makeup more offen! Ewe have a natchural beeyooty!

She then proceeds to brush her hair and straighten her dress.

I think your Beeyoooteaful!

"Beautiful?! That is the exact opposite of what I was going for! Where did I go wrong?"

Licht ignores Mudoru and turns to Apatite. "Um, thank you? It's not my natural appearance though, it's more like...it's more like a werewolf's transformation. Except instead of being caused by a magical disease, it's caused by an outsider enhancing my fiendish physical traits."

"We should now talk about what order we go into the Delve. You and Anil look very big and strong, so you two should be in the front to deter weaker prey. I can fight from front or back, I am also good choice for front. Better to keep Apatite more in back, keep safe from big monsters." Stops to think for a moment. "I think best order would be Me then Anil, then apatite, then two horned people in back. Good strong warriors in front and back of formation, puts perceptive hunters in front, and keeps healer Blake and bard Apatite safe in middle. What you think, Licht?"

Licht thinks for a moment, then says, "That marching order seems sound. I guess I will be the shield for the back of the party when we are traveling."

Bluff: [roll0]
It's hard to tell because of the charcoal-like hand and inhuman appearance, but when Apatite calls Licht "Beeyoooteaful" he blushes. It seems that he's much more used to reactions similar to Anil's, and in rarer cases Percidal's

HappyMerecat
2016-08-22, 08:18 PM
Anil

Anil seems to take little interest in the discussion of marching order and moves forward. His facade of an oafish soldier fades for a moment as the sense of foreboding washes over him, but quickly returns. all but for the stealthy way he moves. He scans the area for traps and smaller things of value. He pays particular interest to the corpse.
Kitty move with him moving around his feet.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

BilltheCynic
2016-08-23, 02:25 PM
Licht examines each of the three directions they can go. "Hmm. I suggest heading west first. Perhaps the skeleton will give clues as to how that poor soul died so that we may avoid the same fate. I would rather confront a unknown danger head on than worry about it lurking at my back."

Cine
2016-08-23, 06:27 PM
"As good a course as any, I'd say."

She pauses to marvel at the painted horsemen. She'd never have thought the dungeon would have pretty paintings, of all things.

"This is really quite marvelous. I wonder what the purpose of this place was. A temple, perhaps?"

Richter
2016-08-23, 06:42 PM
There is a ton of stuff in this room so I am throwing it all in at once. Remember, that if the spoilers are separate, each of them is its own thing to look for and thus its own roll. If they are layered, then that means each step down the spoiler will give you more details if your initial roll is high enough.

Moving down the western stair, gives a wider view into the room. A hallway exits on the west side, curved sharply and leading south-west. On the eastern wall a corridor winds south-east, it slopes downwards as it goes. On the southern wall is a sturdy wooden door.

You can hear heavy movement and occasional low growls coming from the western hallway.

Time has worn away portions of the frescoes, but with careful inspection you notice that the horses legs form together to make elven letters.

"The gray lies between the black and the white. The shadow lies between the dark and the light."

Its well hidden, but near the northern wall, one of the stones in the floor is loose. It looks like it would lift and is large enough to be a trap-door lid.

The corpse looks like it was wearing armor at some point, but its been picked clean of gear. Only a skeleton remains as the flesh has sloughed off or been eaten. There are lots of marks and chips on the bones and armor that remain, indicating a great many injuries, but none of them would be obviously fatal.

The southern door doesn't have a lock on it, but is swollen in its frame and would likely require some force to open.

Krogarn
2016-08-23, 09:44 PM
Perception: Sound [roll0]

Perception: Paintings [roll1]

Perception: Generalized [roll2]

Perception: Generealized (Mount) [roll3]

Percidal assists in searching around the room with the others. While looking at the painting, he seems to be looking at it with almost a nostalgic look on his face, before translating what's written on the painting from elven into Common, "The gray lies between the black and the white. The shadow lies between the dark and the light." Pauses for a moment, then says slightly more in his normal tone "Elven writing, but I do not know what it means. Maybe..." Motions with his hand, pointing towards the western part of the room while seeing if the others also heard what he did. "We are not alone."

BilltheCynic
2016-08-24, 08:51 AM
Licht takes a moment to search the area for an traces of magic. His attention is drawn from this when Percidal mentions company. Though Licht cannot hear anything, he trusts the hunter's sharper senses. It's rather expected actually, considering the state of the corpse.

Licht prepares himself for a fight, muttering a few arcane words to boost his defenses. He whispers to Percidal, "Can you make out anything about this creature?"

Casting Detect Magic to read auras in the room.

Casting Mage Armor for +4 AC for 1 hour, total AC 20. 2/3 First level spells left.

Richter
2016-08-24, 10:56 AM
The creature didn't sound to be close and wasn't very easy to hear. It quickly grew quiet, so its likely whatever heard it, heard you too.

The noise was almost a chuffle, which you would expect to come from a big cat.

Big cat's use chuffle's to communicate with each other, so there is more than one.

Krogarn
2016-08-24, 03:25 PM
Knowledge: Nature [roll0]

"Sound like big cat, more than one. Might be near lair, must be very cautious. Sound coming from over there." Points over towards the now silent side of the room where the sounds were coming from.

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-08-24, 03:30 PM
Apatite is looking very intently at the painting thinking about when she has a mansion she's going to have thousands of paintings better than this!

"The gray lies between the black and the white. The shadow lies between the dark and the light." Pauses for a moment, then says slightly more in his normal tone "Elven writing, but I do not know what it means. Maybe..."

She looks shocked and appalled at what Percidal said.
Aaaaaah! I played it's game! Stoopid drawing trying to take me wurds!!! I'm never putting any of you eeeevil pikchurss in me manshun!

Also she's a little leery aboUT going down the hall that is proven to kill one fighter already. But she trusts the smart people....

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-08-24, 03:42 PM
Apatite is looking very intently at the painting thinking about when she has a mansion she's going to have thousands of paintings better than this!

She looks shocked and appalled at what Percidal said.
Aaaaaah! I played it's game! Stoopid drawing trying to take me wurds!!! I'm never putting any of you eeeevil pikchurss in me manshun!

Also she's a little leery aboUT going down the hall that is proven to kill one fighter already. But she trusts the smart people....

She also attempts to cast spark on the painting.
BURN!!

Cine
2016-08-24, 07:37 PM
"Let's back up to the stairs we came from? That way we don't get taken from both sides. If they're smart enough to try that. Or maybe that's a bad idea. We can't back up every time we hear something."

A thought occurs to her.

"What's a big cat? I've only ever seen small cats, and they were cute enough. You sound like they're scary, though."

Hmm.

HappyMerecat
2016-08-24, 07:43 PM
Anil

Anil backs up to the group spear in hand and watches the goblin try to set a picture of fire.

Krogarn
2016-08-24, 08:18 PM
"Big cat as big or bigger than Hopper." Pats the mount he rides. "Very fast, very quiet when hunting. Not pack animals, so if more than one, mean nest. Can try to calm them if we see them, but they know we are here now. If they are hungry, they will hunt us."

BilltheCynic
2016-08-24, 10:29 PM
Licht is trying to think of some way to deal with this problem when Mudoru whispers, "You're not thinking deviously enough, my host. You have made a pact with these mortals to aid them as you can, and their survival should be a priority for you. You must be willing to make sacrifices for your companions. Of course, I'm not sure it's actually a sacrifice if nothing is permanently lost..."

Licht grimaces as the devil details a simply idea. He hates to take advice from him, but it doesn't sound like too morally reprehensible of a deed, and he is supposed to help his friends.

Licht whispers to Percidal, "You mentioned in the Lost Shepherd that you can summon allies from nature, presumably extraplanar allies. Can you summon one now as, well, as bait for the cats? Call one up a short distance away, let the cats attack it, luring them into the open for us to strike them?"

Krogarn
2016-08-24, 11:13 PM
Percidal shakes his head stating that "Can only summon for about six seconds while I still have a connection to my companion. Animal would not last long enough before disappearing. Could go outside and try to trap small animal to use as bait, or someone can be bait, and I use net to catch one of the cats." He pauses for a moment, then continues with "Or we avoid that place and try one of the other hallways. Will leave up to you."

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-08-25, 12:10 PM
Apatite walks over to the hall that smells like piss, finds the strogest freshest pool of questionable liquid, dips her stuffed rat in it and starts using it as a sponge to "bathe" herself.

"Wee used to doo this in me flock. Keeps the beasties off us, they think weeeee be theirs..... though back home we just let them pee on us. Stoopid beasties, they think they can own goblinses!" She starts laughing as she continues to bathe in pee pee pools.

HappyMerecat
2016-08-25, 08:47 PM
Anil

Anil frowns and picks up kitty. "Cats got ears and cats got eyes and cats is smart. It is too quiet in here for us all to sneak up on them. Get 'em to chase one of us, is gonna work better then the rest ambush or catch'em sleepin."

BilltheCynic
2016-08-25, 09:47 PM
"Pity the frog's summons won't work well for bait. Ah well, you can always use one of your companions. I nominate the goblin."

Licht grits his teeth, pointedly looking away from Apatite's...interesting method of blending in. "I'll go up ahead, try to draw their attention to me. Can the rest of you come up behind to assist if they strike?"

Krogarn
2016-08-26, 01:55 PM
Percidal will nod, pulling out his lance and nudging his mount to be behind Licht.

Richter
2016-08-26, 04:17 PM
Moving forward down the hall, you peer into this odd-shaped nexus of corridors, you realize that you've stumbled upon the den of some beasts. A feline predator snarls at you, and you can see that she protects a mewling litter of cubs. Another slightly larger creature peers from around the northern corner.

A dim oddly glowing light comes into the chamber from the south-eastern passage, it doesn't provide much illumination, but does provide enough make out the basics.
We are going to be moving into initiative at this point, but the animals are clearly on the defensive rather than charging, if there is a surprise or something like wild empathy you want to try to kick things off, you can get that in before we go into proper combat.

Map is updated (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ab9g2OU-VBlgpnidqNg-Zn1N5SriHXD_rIve6idkxvw/edit?usp=sharing), I've shrunk down the images you gave me to add as icon

The cats are mountain lions. Not as large as true lions, but they are pouncers.

HappyMerecat
2016-08-26, 05:29 PM
Anil

Anil put down his spear, shifts slightly to the side to facilitate a sneak attack or flanking.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Krogarn
2016-08-26, 05:34 PM
"Wait, is nest with young cats. Will try to calm them, will make sure they not attack us later as long as I with you." Percidal moves to within 30 feet of the largest cat, and attempts to calm it using various hunter-esque, calming sounds.

Knowledge: Nature [roll0]

Wild Empathy Check [roll1]

And apparently calls the mother cat ugly in nature speak.

BilltheCynic
2016-08-26, 05:55 PM
Licht hovers just behind and to the side of Percidal. He hopes the hunter can calm the cats without them having to fight, but if the cats attack he must defend his friends.

Positioned 5 ft back and to the side of Percidal. Ready an action: if one of the cats charges anyone in the group, Licht will charge and bite it and try to position himself in its charge path.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
-2 AC until next turn (18, or 20 if Shield of Faith is cast)

Krogarn
2016-08-26, 06:08 PM
[roll0]

If I'm able to react before the cats after realizing that the wild empathy just made them angrier, I'll charge whichever cat I'm able to to prevent a pounce on me. If I go after the cats, or I'm unable to charge, I'll move up to attack whichever is closest, moving to flank if possible.

Charge attack: [roll1]
Charge damage: [roll2]

Normal attack: [roll3]
Normal damage: [roll4]

Mount charge: [roll5]
Mount damage: [roll6]
Mount normal attack: [roll7]
Mount normal damage: [roll8]

Richter
2016-08-27, 11:14 PM
Apatite
Licht
Cats
Percidal
Anil
Blake

As Percidal tries to coo and calm the cats, it quickly becomes obvious that the proximity to the den is only making them more and more agitated. The larger of the two arches and clearly prepares to charge forward.

Apatite, you are going to be the one to kick off the round.

Afterwards, the cat will be charging and Licht will get his readied action to meet it in the middle. Technically that puts his initiative before its, so his blow will land first, and if he doesn't drop it, then it will get its charge on him. After that Percidals' charge can kick off, and Anil and Blake will be up.

I can flesh out up through the cat as soon as we have Apatites action, I don't think she expected to be top of the round.

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-08-28, 04:29 AM
Apatite stays in her corner and tries to sing to cheer up everyone.

The kitties did wake and Percy did bake his scheme to be a cat lover.
Poor kitty poor kitty, I fear he's not so witty, because he just insulted your mother!

Round 1 Bard Song - Inspire courage - +1 vs. Charm & Fear effects +1 on Att/dmg rolls

Richter
2016-08-29, 01:11 PM
As the large cat's muscles bunch up and it prepares to launch itself forward, Apatite's voice comes out piercingly. Somehow, the odd little song does seem to break the tension in a surprising way and it helps give focus even in the rough moment.

Licht rushes forward, imposing his body between the large creatures and the more squishy members of the party. He slams into the first of them, ripping with his teeth and causing it to let out a pained roar.

The beast responds in a flurry of fangs and teeth, catching him in his jaws and latching on, though the tiefling is able to evade the swipes of its claws.

Not so fortunate as the second cat rushes in, pouncing on the tiefling caught in the scuffle. Its teeth and claws do a number on him, opening shreds in the devilish flesh until he is no longer standing.

As the tiefling collapses under the two part assault, Percidal rushes forward on his mount, lance at the ready. He skewers one of the cats cleanly, dropping it in a heap and his lizard bites into the other. It looks like it is going to remain on its feat for a moment longer in defense of its cubs, but doesn't have the strength and collapses.

Really high rolls turned this fight brutal fast and Licht is going to be in a pretty bad way, though its good he put himself up there. With those rolls, I think the second cat would have killed anyone else, even if they had hit different targets. With Licht's temp HP, that should just be knocking him out.

Licht, you took a total of 27 damage over 5 attacks(I don't think you have any DR, but if there is any reduction.) The way I'm reading your char, that puts you at -6. I also left the X's on the board where the cats were, because they are both unconscious and not dead. The cubs are all small enough to be non-combatants, so we can move out of combat order at this point.

Krogarn
2016-08-29, 01:41 PM
As he rides in, stabbing clean through one cat while his mount tears into the other, he takes a moment to let out the breath he had been holding and then turns back to the group. "Blake, Licht has need of you quickly!"

Richter
2016-08-31, 01:55 PM
Blake hurries forward, laying a hand on the other Tiefling and whispering the words of magic. With a warming glow, the other's wounds seem to close, but he doesn't actually wake up. Frowning, she tries again, expending more of her power until he opens his eyes.

She frowns still, seeing how wounded he remains. "I can do more, but then I will be almost out of power for the day until my prayers at dawn."

Licht, you heal for 7. If you want her to cast one more time, she is out of 1st level spells but you heal the roll below more.

[roll0]

BilltheCynic
2016-08-31, 07:47 PM
Licht grunts as he blocks the first mountain lion, then lets out a primal howl as the second tears into him. The damage is too great, and Licht feels his bond to Mudoru's power snap and his body revert to its natural form even as he falls mercifully unconscious.

Licht awakens to a short surge of relief followed by an assault of throbbing pain. He groans and weakly opens his eyes to see Blake standing over him.

"కాంతి లేడీ స్తోత్రము*. Thank you, Blake. Is everyone all right? Did the cats hurt anyone else?"

"Stupid, stupid tiefling! You have allies too, and some of them can take a few hits. Trying to be the hero will get yourself killed, and how will you help anyone then? I'd wish eternal damnation on you, but I'm afraid Hell might be too good for such an idiotic mortal."

Praise Sarenrae

HappyMerecat
2016-08-31, 08:30 PM
Anil

Anil sneaks over to the kittens, ensuring there is not another larger cat.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-08-31, 09:24 PM
Anil

Anil sneaks over to the kittens, ensuring there is not another larger cat.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Apatite leans over to Percidal

Wut is da green guy doin?

She then looks Percidal up and down.

Eye mean da udder green guy

Richter
2016-08-31, 10:56 PM
Checking the den, doesn't reveal anything too surprising. There are 4 young cubs mewing hungrily out from within. The litter looks like it was formed of whatever the cougars could drag back, bits of rag and clothing, tattered cloth and plant material, and scraps of wood.

It is very muffled through the stone, but some sort of screeching sound can vaguely be heard through the western wall beyond the den.

HappyMerecat
2016-09-02, 03:04 PM
Anil

Anil moves back to the group. "There are four kitties ... something is screeching to the west though."

BilltheCynic
2016-09-02, 09:51 PM
Licht hobbles to his feet, wincing as he does. "Right. Ok, more bad guys nearby. Do you guys want to explore a bit more, maybe see if there is anything of worth in this room, or should we go back and lick out wounds? I'm...not feeling too well right now and I know Blake is a bit low on magic, but I can still summon temporarily creatures from other realms to assist us in a fight. If we stay a bit more I think I can summon a dog to sniff out whatever's scratching, though we won't be able to communicate with it."

Mudoru groans and speaks slowly, as if to a young child. "My host, what did I just tell you about trying to play the hero?"

Krogarn
2016-09-03, 12:33 AM
Percidal frowns, his arms crossed on his giant lizard, thinking for a minute. Then, he looks at the young cubs and then back to the group, and states "If we not going to go further in, we should finish off rest of lions before we leave. Already kill parents, cubs too young to feed selves. Will starve, not good make animal suffer long, should mercy kill them. If we push further on...should still finish off lions. Have killed parents, will die on their own anyways. Best course of action to go back to town, let Licht rest and Blake get healing again, then come back tomorrow and go down other hallway, or investigate sound Anil hears."

Perception : [roll0]

BilltheCynic
2016-09-03, 03:26 AM
Licht's head still spins from his injuries. At first he grasps only the second part of what Percidal said. "Yeah, rest in town sounds really nice right now. But maybe we should search this room first before we depart? I'd hate to leave some treasure here only for it to be gone when we return without the lion guards-"

Licht suddenly grasps what Percidal said about the cubs, and his eyes widen in horror. "Kill them? But they're innocent! Just little babies that haven't done anything! How can we..."

The exertion proves to be too much for Licht. He loses his balance, stumbling and sprawling on the floor.

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-09-03, 11:59 AM
We could sell them in town? We need the coinses

HappyMerecat
2016-09-03, 12:19 PM
Anil

Anil seems impacted by the suggestion they kill the cubs. "I wish I was gooder with animals, I would train 'em. Be awesome when they get big, but I not. I am sure we could feed'em without too much trouble, like I do with kitty. Not kill them tho, sell'em at least."

Appraise [roll0] for the cat's worth.

Krogarn
2016-09-03, 01:46 PM
"Animal not guilty or innocent, morality not part of animal way of life. Just eat, do not eat, hunt, do not hunt. These ones too young, not able to hunt or else would already be living by themselves. So, no hunt, no eat. No eat, no live long. Town not able to train lions, that is why they had my Master, to hunt beasts like this when they were found. Can skin lions for money for hides, that useful for village. Cruel to let cubs live to starve to death. Mercy to kill them now." He finishes his little speech, and then waits for consensus from the group. If he gets it, then he'll offer to finish the cubs off himself, offering to let the others go around the corner so they don't have to see it if they don't want to.

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-09-03, 03:35 PM
Me thinks live would have better price tags, just big cats. Cats are easy it's big dawgs ewe have to worry bout. Live er ded if eye can make me some monies.

Richter
2016-09-06, 11:36 AM
Best guess would be that you could get around 50 gold per cub, but that would be if you could find a buyer. As far as you know, and Percidal knows the town well in that regard, there aren't any skilled animal trainers in Bridenford. The closest would be a member of the lumber consortium who breaks in their horses, but dealing with an exotic animal is much harder than that.

You can probably get about 15 gold per skin, the cubs are smaller but softer so they would be about the same price as the adults.

HappyMerecat
2016-09-06, 11:53 AM
Anil

Anil shakes his head at Percidal. "Not kill'em. I keep 'em. If dey too much trouble then we can worry about it then."

BilltheCynic
2016-09-06, 12:41 PM
Licht breathes a small sigh of relief that the others don't seem to want to kill them yet. "Yes, let's take them with us and see if there's a buyer in town. They won't weigh much, and the town is only two hours away. We might be able to make some gold from them, whereas if we killed them now it would be a waste."
He silently prays this appeal to pragmatism with persuade Percidal.

After giving his say Licht does a cursory inspection of the room for any valuables, making sure to avoid any doors. He knows he isn't as good at searching as some of the others, but he figures every set of eyes will help.

Percception: [roll0] does Licht find anything of value in the room?

So are we agreed to go back to town to buy/sell stuff and lick our wounds? If so, unless there's any more debate on the cubs Licht should be ready to go now.

Krogarn
2016-09-06, 08:53 PM
"I do not understand. You eat cow, and deer, and boar, and many animals. They not eat you, even when full grown. But lion would eat you now, and will eat you when full grown unless you have connection with nature. It OK to kill and eat deer and cow, but not lion? Besides, town not have anyone who can train anything more than horse or dog. If lion hungry, you have to kill other animal to feed them, which kill more animals then killing lion. You do as you wish, but if lion cubs attack any of us, I will not hesitate to turn cubs into skins."

With that, he'll simply shrug and turn to go back into the main area, waiting for the others to follow him.

I'm fine with heading back to town to heal up. But logistically speaking, I don't know how we're going to bring 3 half-grown lion cubs which are all likely the size of dogs with us, let alone get them into town. Percidal does have Handle Animal, but has no interest in bringing dangerous animals into town, he doesn't even bring his mount into town. I get that the whole "Their just baby animals, they're too cute to kill" is a thing, but these are common and dangerous predators of the area, and we didn't really care about having to kill their parents, so we can't claim to really care about them anyways. We didn't even kill their parents, we just let them bleed out. Most of us could have stabilized them, but we didn't, so...Just saying, should probably just kill'em for the extra 45gp.

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-09-06, 10:59 PM
Apatite goes over to one of the kittens. Pulls out her jar of pickles pulls one out and gives it to the kitten to chomp/play with. Then she sits down and plays with them and her stuffed rat.

If dey can train them, then we sell for moar coinses. If dey can't den we can kill dem in front of Hoomanses and hand them skins. I see no error in this plan.

Richter
2016-09-11, 12:11 PM
As the discussion winds down, the cubs are gathered up. Its a very careful process as they do still have teeth and claws, but bundling them up in some of the rags used for the den seems to do the trick in keeping them from leaving anyone wounded.

The walk back to town is harder than the journey there, if only for bearing wounded and added squirming weight and little else to show for it. Its a rough lesson about the dungeon, but perhaps one the town has learned all too well itself. As you approach the farmhouse nearest the road, perhaps a half-mile still to town proper, you can see one of the walls is missing an irregular pattern that has caused part of the roof to collapse.

The culprit isn't far off, an insectoid creature the size of a horse lying dead 50ft off, being hacked into by farmers to disassemble it and take what they can, watched over by one of the constables. The attack couldn't have been that long ago, its only been a few hours since your original passing, but it speaks for the regularity of such instances here that its already been dealt with, the wounded are taken away and the farmers seem to be trying to get back to normal.

As you pass the constable, he simply takes in your state and gives a small nod of his head, and doesn't harass further as they did last night. Monsterous, perhaps, but you and the town now clearly share some things in common.

The rest of the trip back to town is clear. If you are returning to the inn, the setting is much as it was the night before, minus the elf and sheriff. If you want to head somewhere else, let me know and we'll get the scene set.

Krogarn
2016-09-11, 08:14 PM
Percidal will direct the group towards who he believes to be the most skilled in animal rearing in the town, but has no real interest in helping to convince the town to raise the cats, firmly believing it is better for everyone involved if the the cats are put down. After that, he'll head back to his master's hut at the edge of town and let the other's know he'll see them at the inn in the morning as before.

HappyMerecat
2016-09-11, 08:27 PM
Anil

Anil sticks to Percival.

BilltheCynic
2016-09-11, 09:14 PM
Licht accompanies Percidal, though he seems to try a bit harder than the Grippli to convince people to buy the cubs. He stops by the Temple of Sarenrae to pray (reprimanding himself for not going there before setting out to the Delve) then he too returns to the inn.

Diplomacy check: [roll0]

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-09-12, 09:09 PM
Apatite also actually tries to sell the cats alive. But she is also ready to slit their throats in front of merchants... well actually she is a little excited to do it. Just to see thier faces and admiration of how well she can slice through their arteries with such surgical precision. Or at least that's what she always thinks they are thinking when she's tries this selling tactic.
Usually works pretty well to get a good price. Not with humans though, only animals.

Richter
2016-09-14, 01:15 PM
Moving through town, the most likely place to be able to find a home for the cubs is the loggers landing, which serves as the head of the logging guild. While not proper animal trainers, the workers spend much of their time in the forest and have mules to haul logs and dogs to serve as hunting companions.

The logger's landing is primarily a set of docks and jettys jutting out into the river, as well as a long, low building of dark wood. As you approach, a dozen men are riding logs down into small man-made harbor.

Inside, the guild is quite busy with a mix of loggers and merchants. The odd groups entry immediately causes a circle to form around them, with a lot of strange stares. A tall human in his early 30s steps from the crowd to take the forefront. He's a handsome man a bit shorter than average, with broad shoulders and a wide face ringed by a beard as black as a river bottom. Standing just behind him and peeking over his shoulder is a lovely blonde human woman in her twenties wearing all the vestiments of a priestess of Saranrae.

The man steps forward, raising his brow curiously as he takes in the make of the group. "Well hello there. And just who might you be to enter my establishment?"

Normally I would just do a diplomacy check for a sale of an unusual item, but this is a good opportunity to introduce another big character/faction in the town so I want to actually play it out.

Bill, I'm happy to RP out the act either in PM or hangouts so we don't bog other things down. Also, now that you are in a safer area and are likely to rest before doing any more adventuring, Cine would heal you with her last CLW before you got too far into town. [roll0]

BilltheCynic
2016-09-14, 11:51 PM
Licht shrinks back as the group circles around them, subconsciously clutching the holy symbol of Sarenrae the hung around his neck and muttering a brief prayer to the goddess. He stammers for an answer to the man's question, "We...uh...well...um..."

"Project confidence, my host. If even you look like you don't think you belong there, they most certainly will not either."

Licht takes a deep breath, squares his shoulders, and steps forward. "We're adventurers, sir. Outsiders to these parts, except for Percidal here. We've come to Brindenford to explore the Delve, each for our own reasons. My name is Licht von Dunkel, and I've come to logger's landing is...well..."

Licht holds up one of the mountain lion cubs he had been carrying, still bundled up and squirming with its head poking out of the rags. "Mountain lion cubs for sale. Buy one, get two free?"

Please tell me Apatite prestidigitated the urine off her before we came in here.

Richter
2016-09-15, 11:43 AM
The man tilts his head and looks at Licht curiously. He doesn't seem to give much attention to the cubs, instead studying the group carefully before his face breaks into a smile. "Of course, of course. I'm sure we can find some use for the beasts. 30 pieces sounds about fair, yes?" Without pausing for an answer he looks to one of the men in the crowd. "Get them to Gerhal, yes? Tell him to watch his hand this time, he's only got one left. Or is it right?" The joke is punctuated by a pointed wink and a burst of laughter from the man.

As a few of the men cautiously approach to take the cubs, though it isn't clear if they are more wary of handling the animals or getting so close to the party, the leader turns and kisses the priestess on her brow. "Business, love, business, do excuse me." Turning back he sweeps his arm towards one of the doors with another wide smile. "Now that we are business partners, do join me in my office, yes? We can settle up this balance."

Krogarn
2016-09-16, 01:45 PM
Perdical remains quiet, although he does appear to be slightly on edge when dealing with the logging company.

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-09-17, 10:11 AM
Apatite (now in full wig and make up for the town so she doesn't look like a goblin anymore but the ugliest halfLing anyone has ever imagined) holds her head up high and grins ear to ear. Pleased that this high to do Mr. Somebody recognizes how important and awesome we are. And proceeds into the office with as much dignity a goblin wearing awful make up can muster.

BilltheCynic
2016-09-17, 10:26 AM
Licht trues to keep a calm face. He walks into the room. As he walks past the man he smiles and says, "Excuse me, I don't think I caught your name."

Richter
2016-09-19, 12:14 PM
The man moves into his room, slipping in behind a large mahogany desk. His office is a lovely design with windows overlooking the river and several shelves of books. There are a handful of chairs spread through the room, clearly accustomed to holding larger meetings.

Leaning back in his chair, he offers another wide smile. "Oh, I suppose I hadn't offered it. I don't often have to in these parts. My name is Whedon. Whedon Rasholt. I run the landing here and this regions chapter of the Lumber Consortium. A pleasure to meet you, certainly. We often have outsiders in this part, but its rare that they are... Such outsiders. From your look, you are adventurers. Here for the treasures of the deep, no doubt. Tell me though, do you know much of the troubles of this town? Not just from bandits and monsters, but from within?"

HappyMerecat
2016-09-19, 08:21 PM
Anil

Anil begins to nod then changes to shaking his head. "We .. heard rumors, bit could not find much else."

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-09-19, 11:31 PM
Apatite strolls around his office hands behind her back doing her best to impersonate someone with a higher intellect as she admires what ever decoration in the office as if they were all the Mona Lisa.
But really she is examining to see if there are any hidden bars in globes or fake photos with a liquor cubby behind it. Because that's in all offices, everyone knows that.

BilltheCynic
2016-09-19, 11:43 PM
Licht looks rather perplexed. "Um, no, I'm afraid I haven't heard of internal trouble here. I've only been here a day, and one's been keen on swapping rumors with, well, me."

Richter
2016-09-20, 03:23 PM
The man nods his head to that response, no hiding the fact that he's pleased by it. He keeps from focusing on Perdical, he may not know the Grippli but he is clearly aware that he is at least a long term resident even if he doesn't know him personally, instead focusing his attention on the others.

"There is an element near town that has sewn as much chaos as any of the monsters may have, though in a much more insidious way. A group of elves have a small village off in the forest north-east of here. There have long been disputes between ourselves and their village, they disagree on principle with any incursion into their region and with any use of the forest. They oppose industry, though that forest is all that has kept this town alive through all we've seen. There haven't been any direct skirmishes, we aren't seeking a war, but they do often enough sabotage our camps."

He frowns, scratching at his chin. "Our town has been infiltrated. Moving in and swaying our people to their views, one is even seeking to join the town counsel! We have been losing villagers support, and if it continues the lumber consortium will need to abandon this hamlet as unprofitable. If we do that, without our income and our guards, this entire village will fall, regardless of what those elves have promised. So with that said... We can use the help of outsiders. Those who are not already allied with our rivals. We do not seek a war, that isn't what we ask. But any information you can gather, anything you can do to slow their path, you would find yourself well rewarded. I have made a home here. I have no interest in giving it up."

BilltheCynic
2016-09-20, 08:14 PM
Licht nods. "Of course you wouldn't want to leave, nor should you. We will see what we can do, though I confess the Delve will most likely command the majority of our attention and resources."

Richter
2016-09-21, 07:31 PM
The man frowns some at that response, though he nods his head. "That is fair enough, and why you are here, I imagine. There are certainly easier ways to make coin though, if that is your goal, and I am happy to attempt to offer one of them. In your adventures, please don't forget what I ask or the good of the people, yes? Keep an open mind."

He shuffles through one of his desk drawers, counting out some coin into a small pouch and offering it onto the desk.

The pouch contains the 30 gold offered for the cubs.

Krogarn
2016-09-21, 09:26 PM
Percidal would tug lightly at Licht's sleeve to get him to lean down, then whisper to him "Need to talk, not here with loggers. Not always safe here." After that, he'll head out the door and leave the logger camp, waiting for Licht and company to catch up.

BilltheCynic
2016-09-21, 11:50 PM
If Whedon is looking when Percidal whispers, Licht listens, then giggles when Percidals finishes and abruptly clasps his hand over his mouth as if embarrassed to laugh at such a thing. His hand slides down and he smiles sheepishly at Whedon*. If Whedon is not looking when Percidal whispers, Licht simply doesn't react. Either way, he walks forward, grabs the coin pouch, says "Thank you" to Whedon, and follows close behind Percidal.

Bluff: [roll0]

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-09-22, 11:54 PM
Apatite stares at the coin purse almost salivating.

"Dwinks be on dis guy!"

She happily shouts and dances out of the room.
Not really listening to what just happened, or even being able to math. She thinks they are done with their adventuring,that was all the money they needed and now they are filthy stinking rich.

"Dat wuz eezee!!"

BilltheCynic
2016-09-23, 12:30 AM
Licht stops just at the door. He turns around and watches Apatite's reaction with some concern. "Um, well, payment for the cubs wasn't too hard, but we still have a lot of work to do getting substantially more from the Delve."

Mudoru chuckles. "I think she thought that was the Delve's riches, and she was done. Of course, now that she knows there's more, she'll want to throw herself headfirst into the danger again. Congratulations, my host, you have just ensured she will continue to be in grave danger."

Licht widens his eyes and slaps his hand over his mouth. "Uh...I mean..."

He turns and quickly follows Percidal out the door before he can make things even worse.

Krogarn
2016-09-24, 01:10 PM
Once Percidal and Licht are out of earshot of the logging camp, he would finally relax and speak to Licht. "Loggers not want what best for town, want what best for them. Elves live here long time, let other races live out here. Then loggers come, start destroying forest, make much money. Keep almost all money. Elves trying to get town to get rid of Loggers, Loggers want elves gone, elves dead. Will help in Delve until master found, but if you choose to help loggers with elves, no will help. Please do not help loggers."

BilltheCynic
2016-09-24, 02:16 PM
Licht sheepishly scratches the back of his neck. Uh, when I said 'we will do what we can, but the Delve will be our main focus' I was mostly trying to politely stay really non-committal on this. To me, this sounds like a big clash of cultures and livelihood that would be best left to diplomats and mediators, not, well, a dumb adventurer like me. I'm hoping to stay neutral here, not really come down on either side for fear of my ignorance and lack of experience making this difficult situation even worse. So no, I don't really intend to help the loggers or the elves. I hope that satisfies you."

HappyMerecat
2016-09-24, 02:30 PM
Anil

Anil nods. "Lumberers greedy. Elves like trees. Not gonna kill elves."

MonMonMonMoncha
2016-09-25, 07:02 PM
"Eye sang me grate ditty, and we slayed da big kitty. But at da cost of 'nother ally.
We sold da small kittens to da loggers who were smitten, and now eye can take me fortune, GOOD BYE!"

Apatite holds out her hands wide eyed and waiting for her share of the fortune.

Krogarn
2016-09-26, 01:57 PM
Perdical nods at Licht's answer. "Good, then you should go and rest to recover your fighting form. Tomorrow morning we head out again, and this time will go further than few rooms in Delve. Will see you in morning, am going home." With that he goes walking away towards where his hut is on the outskirts of town.

BilltheCynic
2016-09-26, 06:33 PM
"Uh, I'll probably need an extra day of rest to fully recover. My fighting form is still weakened, and I haven't quite healed from the fight with the cats yet. But the next day I would be happy to go on. Until then"

Licht stops at the temple of Sarenrae to pray*, then heads back to the inn for some rest. The next morning he asks for some healing from Blake. He then padlocks the door to his room and closes and shutters the windows before quietly summoning Mudoru just long enough to restore the fiend. He then dismisses the devil and rests for the day. He wakes up early the next morning ready to return to the Delve.

*PM trip to the temple goes here
Assuming Blake hits him with cure light wounds and/or channel energy, combined with his eight hour rest to restore a hitpoint, even if she rolls a one on every heal, two cures will put him back to full. Mudoru will be resummoned with 1/2 hitpoints (4). Again, even assuming minimum rolls for Lesser Rejuvinate Eidolon, three castings will give restore at least 6 hp, and he's probably not going to be casting any other first level spells for the day. Licht will be at full health with both eidolon and with all spells the next day. Licht spends 3.2 gold for the stay (2 gp for a room in the LS with a padlock for two nights, 1.2 for four light meals while there. Now has 112.66-3.2=109.46

On a side note, anyone want to buy anything with our newfound loot before we head out again?

Krogarn
2016-09-28, 03:34 PM
Percidal would be a little anxious having to wait two days, but otherwise has no problems with it. Two days later he is more than ready to get back to the Delve, ready to explore deeper this time.

There isn't anything I personally want to buy, if we have some extra money might be worth trying to buy one or two CLW potions if they are available. If not, then I think we can just move on to going back into the Delve, right? Also, I would suggest keeping me in the front over Licht, simply because if I go unconscious I can be healed and still be at full AC, where as when he gets knocked he's lost his AC for the day. Also, if my pet dies instead of me, I can just replace it the next day, we can't replace a Licht.