PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Order of the Green and VMC Druid Question

Levism84
2016-08-05, 07:39 PM
If my Order of the Green cavalier (constable; so, no mount) takes the druid variant multiclassing option, does his animal companion gain the benefits of his favored terrain?

I know it says in the ranger description for Hunter's Bond the animal companion "shares his favored enemy and favored terrain bonuses" and it functions as the animal companion feature of the druid.

I just wanted to know if giving my cavalier's vmc druid animal companion favored terrain bonuses was RAW or RAI or simply against the rules.

Thanks in advance.

grarrrg
2016-08-05, 07:49 PM
I know it says in the ranger description for Hunter's Bond the animal companion "shares his favored enemy and favored terrain bonuses"
FULL STOP
it functions as the animal companion feature of the druid.

These are separate abilities (or separate aspects of one named ability) of the Ranger class.
The Ranger gets an Animal Companion, and it functions as a Druid's Companion would.
And also, a Ranger gets to share Favored bonuses.

A (VMC) Druid does not get to share their Favored bonuses with their companion (not that they -have- Favored bonuses to begin with), because there is nothing in the "Druid Animal Companion" section, nor in the "VMC Druid" section saying that they get to.