PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Homebrew Setting D&D 5E

Chuhn
2016-08-07, 02:16 AM
Hello // This is my first post here in a LONG time, but I believe I followed all the appropriate rules. I am unsure if I needed to put this in the D&D forum, or the homebrew forum? (Any help would be great!) As for my post, I have been working on a homebrew game I am going to be hosting, and this is my first foray into homebrew setting. The basic campaign idea is a world that has been at war for a couple hundred years. A powerful nation-state stepped forward to broker a peace, and a treaty was signed, with thousands of clauses.

The party will be working for an intelligence agency named H.U.N.T. who is responsible for keeping the peace between nations, covertly. Wetwork, cleanup, spying etc. They have to make sure the peace lasts to prevent another Armageddon. No other nation knows H.U.N.T. exists, and it should stay that way, ideally. The Neutral nation-state that helped broker the peace is called Cernall, and they were around to witness the world destroy itself in the prior cycle from endless war, so they are attempting to stop it this time.

Anyway, I have included a link to a google.doc that has the PDF of the setting information, I have also hired a cartographer to make a custom map for me based on these nations. Each nation has a description of its culture and society. (I have used some of my favorite sources of fiction and Sci-fi for ideas for some of the nations, others are 100% homebrew.) Really I'm just looking for some feedback or criticism and some fresh ideas.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2xQrz2gaNsXZzRUOXpXeDJ2TFE/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for reading my post! -Colt

Laserlight
2016-08-07, 05:14 AM
Hello // This is my first post here in a LONG time, but I believe I followed all the appropriate rules. I am unsure if I needed to put this in the D&D forum, or the homebrew forum?

Looks more like the Worldbuilding subforum of Homebrew