PDA

View Full Version : PTU: No Such Thing As Fair

Eshkigal
2016-08-07, 05:42 AM
As dawn breaks across Castelia City, the dull sounds of the bustling morning traffic end up broken by the buzz of dull alarms, likely set by the last visitors to this pokecenter, before a female voice comes on across the radios in each room.

"Why hello, Unova, and welcome to the Pokémon World! I'm Professor Redwood, here to welcome you back from the world of dreams aND give you your daily news, including the ever popular Pokemon Migration spread, as each day more species end up introduced into the wilds by careless breeders..."

As the apparent pokemon professor drones on, the world slowly comes into focus more. Your sojourn to the bustling city of Castelia, hub of trade for Unova, in pursuit of your first step towards acclaim and fame. Traveling across the landscape, by sky, by sea, to see the towering wonder of this place, the crushing throngs of people and Pokemon denser than any you had seen before as dusk began to fall across the night sky, the skyscrapers around you turning on lights and lamps that drowned out the stars with their brightness. Checking in at the Center, certain to have housing for traveling trainers of any type, generally covered by the Healthcare system. Each of it slowly comes to you as you awaken, but only one question remains.

Are you a boy? Or a girl?

Gintash
2016-08-07, 10:24 PM
Jacob climbed out of bed slowly with more of a roll than an actual effort before hitting to floor hard with a bang, one arm twisted in a painful position as he laid there for a second before uttering a soft "Owww...."
He took his time getting up, starting with moving his arm before slowly standing and cracking several joints in his body as he looked out the window of the room, clicking off the radio softly as he proceded to get dressed, grabbing all his things and his friend Bubbles before stepping out of his room and into the main part of the center.
He slowly stepped up to the nurse and gave a small bow of respect. "Excuse me, may I please get something to eat and something for my Pokemon here?" He asked with a small smile as he looked around the center, trying to see if there were any more trainers that he could speak to.

GameOfChampions
2016-08-08, 12:40 PM
I wake up the same as I do every morning, with an ice cold furry nose snuffling at my face and breathing little breaths colder then a winter night. Like every other morning I wake up immediately because if I don't he starts puffing little snowstorms down my shirt or headbutts me, neither of which are desirabe when one first wakes up. "Come on Yuvrir I'm still trying to get over this time change, the least you could do would be to let me sleep in." I stifle a yawn as I mutter at my little Swinub who starts shuffling around the small Poke center room we had had for the night. 'At least one of us is a morning person.'

Slowly I wake up and get dressed before heading out of the room into the main area of the center. I was so preoccupied with finding some food I don't even see the trainer I bump into who had just been talking to the nurse. "Ohhh I'm sorry there. I was kinda on the hunt for some food and wasn't really looking around. I'm Ryan though nice to meet you." Yuvrir just huffs and butts my leg gently "Ohh and this Yuvrir my Swinub, he's a morning person unfortunately."

Mitsukiwatanabe
2016-08-08, 01:16 PM
The large city came finally into view as the sun raised from the horizon from her view on the boat. Having arranged a boat to travel to the big city so she could start training and become famous. She wasn't going to gain a lot of fame on that farm, so Castelia might offer something for her. Maybe she could challenge the gym there. Too bad he used bug types, which her only pokémon had a major disadvantage against. A small grass pokémon was sitting on her lap. Though it was time to leave, so she recalled the little pokémon back into her ball.

"Lily, I'am going to put you in your pokéball. Wouldn't want you to get lost in the crowds now do we?"She said as the little creature seemingly disappeared. Chiya had no idea what Lily would be without her. She was way to shy for her own good.

Still she wasn't going to worry about it now that much. Part of becoming famous would probably include having to catch more pokémon anyway. This city probably has a lot of different pokémon in comparison to her village which mostly seemed to exist out of patrats and purlions with the occasional sewaddle . What kinds of pokémon were living in that big city? She wondered as the boat arrived in the harbor. The young girl quickly left the boat afterwards.

After a short amount of time searching she finally found the pokécenter of this city. Just as she entered the pokécenter she could hear a message of a local professor. Careless breeders or not, it seemed like a good time to have arrived here. Would she be acknowledged if she helped to deal with this problem? First things first, she could talk around with people later, first she had to get some news about celebrities and some food for herself and Lily. At least after whatever was happening in front of the bar was dealt with. It seemed there was an accident between multiple trainers.

Gintash
2016-08-08, 09:51 PM
Jacob, having not seen the boy before he knocked into him, almost fell over, grabbing onto the counter and pulling himself up quickly giving an awkward smile to the boy named Ryan. "It's alright, no harm no fowl, as they say." Jacob answered as he adjusted his coat softly before looking back at Ryan, gently pulling his Pokeball out of his coat. "My name is Jacob and the one in this Pokeball is my Marill, Bubbles. It's nice to meet you and you Yuvrir."
Jacob put his Pokeball back into his coat before looking up and down Ryan quickly. "So what are you doing here Ryan? I'm guessing you must be a trainer of some sort, so you must have a reason for being here."

NineOfSpades
2016-08-09, 01:25 PM
Asuka sat with her back against the door of her little room, bouncing her knees up and down as she fidgeted. She’d been up for almost an hour, having gotten dressed and ready to set out in as much silence as she could manage. Was this stealthy wakeup routine born of some courtesy towards her fellow trainers, those who no doubt wished a few more winks before being stirred from their slumber? Not in the least. Asuka knew that there was a predator out, lurking in the hallways, waiting to strike should even the most miniscule of sounds escape the chamber. Against such a foe, there could be no negotiation. No quarter asked, and none given. All she could hope to do was try to escape the center’s doors before she was noticed. And what was the name of this dangerous foe, who caused the young trainer to break out in a cold sweat at even the thought of a confrontation?

Her Aunt Joy, head nurse of this center.

Asuka had embarked on her journey several days prior, knowing full well that her travel plans were already being shared between the rest of her family. Her mother told Auntie Joy, who told her sister (A well known and incorrigible gossip), who spread the news that lil’ Asuka was starting her very own pokemon journey! Fortunatly, Asuka had arrived late last night. When her Aunt attempted to waylay her with a barrage of well-intentioned familial pleasantries like ‘Look how big you’ve grown’ or ‘When I was your age…’ or of course the worst of them all ‘Are you taking care of yourself, sweetie?’. Asuka hated being called sweetie, and had been trying to shake the nickname since she turned 12. All of those doting comments were deflected at Asuka’s instance that it was late, and she’d better be getting to sleep.

You might be thinking, since she’d awoken plenty early in the morning, that she could just stroll out before anyone noticed. But Asuka was wise to that notion. She’d not make it ten steps out of the bedroom before her Aunt was upon her. What she needed was a distraction, something to keep the focus off of her movements. And maybe, if luck was on her side today, she’d be able to make it out the sliding glass doors and into the city before she had to endure any cheek-pinching or hair-ruffling or tearful stories about how much her Aunt would miss her.

It wasn’t like she hated her family or anything…but sometimes you just need your own space, you know?

Opportunity knocked shortly after the morning announcements were made over the radio. Through the walls, Asuka heard other trainers moving about. Some of them were talking, even going up to Nurse Joy and speaking with her directly. “Jackpot”

Opening the door a crack, Asuka checked that the coast was clear, before creeping out into the hallway. stick to the corners, move slow, avoid attracting attion she thought, pulling her hat down to try and keeping her families signature pink hair covered, with some success. She was only about fifteen paces away from freedom when the unthinkable happened.

Her stomach let out a prolonged, loud growl that seemed to last for an eternity. Asuka froze, standing in mid-creep halfway across the entrance foyer. She’d been caught!

GameOfChampions
2016-08-09, 03:34 PM
I flash Jacob a grin as he brushes off the almost accident and grab a tray for some breakfast which I quickly fill up with the available options and some fruit for Yuvrir. I pause for a second as Jacob asks a few casual questions, it really drives the point home... I didn't really have a plan. I had spent all this time and effort to get away from home to another region I could travel at my whim but had no idea where to go. I knew I wanted to collect badges and catch cool ground types but that was about it really.

I start to redden as I stutter trying to think of an answer "Ummm... well I was thinking maybe... uhhh..." but in the middle of that embarrassing show I thought of something I saw on the way here. 'Wait what about that place I saw in that tourist guide on the boat... what was it the desert resort or something like that? Ya The desert north of the city.'

"Ummm I was actually going to try and head north out of the city to the desert resort to look for some Pokemon and maybe do some training before challenging the gym here. I was planning to head out in an hour or so to get an early start. Where are you headed?" Inwardly I pump my fist. Damn I was smooth.

Durmatagno
2016-08-09, 06:11 PM
Yawning, Morgan sat up in his bed, hair disheveled, still trying to force his eyes open. Another night of tossing and turning, another night of sleepless thought. Standing, he stretched, and shook his head, waking him up a little more. Getting dressed, he grabbed his stuff, making sure to pocket his pokeballs, and finally he stepped into the hallway, locking his door behind him. From there, he made his way slowly to the lobby, just trying to figure out what he wanted to spend his day doing, though some training would definitely have to be on that list.

Things hadn't always been this simple, it was nice to get away from the ranch, to sleep in, to not have to worry about one of his parent's pokemon going nuts, or some hungry or angry wilds rampaging into the ranch. He still had other worries, but for now, his life was far more simple, and far more relaxing.

BlackestOfMages
2016-08-10, 10:42 PM
Justin bolted stark upright, going from asleep to fully alert in seconds, nearly tumbling off the sofa he'd been sleeping on as the jacket he'd used as a blanket fell to the floor; Justin had never been a heavy sleeper, and the slight breeze from the center's door was enough to rouse him. If only he'd had enough spare for a private room, but... sadly, not. the last few days had been a little too honest

Sliding to his feet, the young man took a second to try in vain to smooth out his clothes, managing to eliminate just a few of the myriad creases that had formed over the night. He really should have changed into proper sleepwear, in retrospect, but the idea of changing in front of total strangers - or showing the pattern of said PJs - was far too embarrassing.

Giving up on his attempt, he cast his eyes around the room, taking in every detail he could, every person in the center, from the nurse to the guests, the aroma of the breakfast bar; a couple of people chatting at the fruit section, the pretty blonde girl who'd just entered, and... a mini nurse joy trying to sneak through the foyer, interesting.

Slinging his jacket across his back, reaching into a pocket to pull out a familiar red and white capsule and release his partner in crime. Lancelot burst free, his slightly crooked purple ears twitching and he yawned rather cutely, following at Justin's heels as he strolled over towards Asuka, putting on his best smile

"Good morning, my lady. In a hurry, or would you join me for a bite?"

NineOfSpades
2016-08-11, 12:24 PM
Asuka remained where she stood, frozen in place. This didn’t really make much sense as a strategy, but was more of an instinctive reaction. Its not like if she could just stay still enough, it would somehow undo her stomach’s moaning. Her statue-impersonation came to an end with the familiar cascading chime of a pokeball opening. One of the centers guests was letting out a Male nidoran. The rather tall trainer then approached her with an offer for breakfast.

“Oh no, I’m…” Asuka began, before her gut let out another loud growl. “Er, I mean, that’s very…” And another. She was dangling from the ropes here her last chance at escape slipping away. “I really don’t..” And there was the knockout blow. Stupid stomach needing stupid food and stupidly embaressing me she grumbled in her own thoughts. On the bright side, if you could call it that, her face was probably very close to matching the pink shade of her hair, if the flush sensation she felt in her cheeks was anything to go by. “Breakfast it is then”. She said with a sigh, hanging her head. She absently tapped the release button on her own pokeball, figuring her partner in crime would be up for breakfast. The red and black canine popped out, lazily scratching at a spot behind one of his ears, before getting spooked by his own foot and gnawing at the limb. “Come on Apollo, its chow time…” she said, moving over towards the breakfast bar. “We’ll be sharing a table with…?” She gestured at the other trainer and his nidoran, not knowing their names and inviting them to fill in the blanks. Apollo's ears perked up, and the growlith barked happily, trotting along with Asuka, tounge panting with every step.

Eshkigal
2016-08-12, 08:59 AM
Unfortunately for Asuka, it seems that there was more than just her Aunt here as she notices a flash of pink behind Justin. Could it be...No! Before she can get away, they strike, and Cousin Joy has her arm wrapped around your own like a vise, her happiny companion waddling up behind you both. Damn, she was supposed to be off at college still! Did her practical experience start already? And does Justin have enough confidence to dine with two absolute Joys to be around?
"Asuka! Pleasure to see you! And who are your friends?"
Looking back, Asuka notices Aunt Joy smile in her direction past the two trainers meeting one another before her, before turning to explain the directions to the cafeteria.

Meanwhile, Nurse Joy grins as she waits for the pleasantries to pass between Ryan and Jacob, her grin widening a bit as something happens behind them.
"Why yes, sirs. There is a cafeteria down the entrance hallway, and we have brochures full of the best restaurants in Castelia for people visiting for the first time, with directions to an app update for pokedexes with the most likely spots to find feral urban pokemon at this period if you wish."

Morgan, you head past what seem to be two Joys and a dude, a nidoran, a happiny, and a growlithe on one side, one Joy looking less than pleased to be where she was, and two other guys talking among themselves while Nurse Joy offers some brochures. Breakfast, or a bit of info first?

NineOfSpades
2016-08-12, 11:14 AM
Asuka had read that, in times of extreme stress, a trapped Pokemon might sometimes gnaw off its own leg to escape from a trap. Now, to be entirely clear, she wasn't yet at the point of debating whether or not she really needed that arm. But the memory of those desperate circumstances did rise to the surface as she felt the nigh-inescapable grip tighten around her elbow.

"Someone should put a bell on you, sneaking up on people like that" She teased, giving a very brief hug to her cousin, and a smile that was only 10% forced. Maybe 15%, with rounding. It wasn't like she hated her family or anything, especailly not the ones closer to her own age. She just wanted to get out from under them and have some breathing room. And since it was clearly not going to be happening anytime before breakfast, she was going to try her level best to roll with it rather than be a big wet blanket. "I'd love to introduce you, but you actually jumped in midway through our own introductions here, so if you want this guys name, I'm afraid you'll have to ask him yourself"

Gintash
2016-08-12, 09:36 PM
Jacob grabbed a tray as well and began to grab some food for himself as well and some things for Bubbles to eat. Jacob then thought for a moment before looking over at Ryan. "I don't really know myself. I was thinking about what I could try and considered going over to the desert since that'll make it easy to train Bubbles but I also would like to capture some more Pokemon to add to my team." Jacob explained as he turned to try and find an open table to sit at. "To follow that idea I was looking at heading towards any nearby grasslands or forests that were around here." Jacob explained as he sat at a nearby table, letting out Bubbles who gently bounced before Jacob handed him a small plate with some berries on it for him to eat.

BlackestOfMages
2016-08-12, 10:44 PM
Justin kept his smile as the second pink haired beauty gripped onto the statue girl he had approached before - Asuka, was it? - and had to hold back it changing into a smirk as she froze like a trapped animal; defiantly seems like she would be an easy mark, but also like she'd be fun to be around, even discounting the knowledge she'd likely have as a member of the extended Joy family, and since he wasn't all that familiar with the area...

the interuption, though, nearly made him reconsider, but he couldn't step back now. No, he'd have to rise to the challenge and try it with both ladies... such a terribly enviable fate, indeed

"I'm Justin, and it is my pleasure to make the acquaintance of two such lovely ladies. Would you like to join us for breakfast, miss, before Asuka faints from hunger? My treat, though with the two of you, I feel like you'd be treating me." He finished, gesturing towards the stairway to the cafeteria; Lancelot just looked up at him, inquisitive, wondering when his food would be coming.

Justin is not as smooth as he thinks he is, though he thinks he is the suavest

GameOfChampions
2016-08-13, 04:36 PM
I nod along, it seemed as laid out ad my own plan was. "Ok so how bout this. Since I imagine we both want to try and catch some Pokemon pretty soon, so that we can do some training with both after, how about we go do some catching and meet up outside the Santalune forest to do some training? It would be some good practice against bugs to prepare ourselves for the gym and stuff."

So I'm ready to head out to the desert after this but don't know if its cool if I go alone and meet up with others later?

Mitsukiwatanabe
2016-08-14, 09:10 AM
Many people started to mingle with each other. It seemed like even early in the morning pokécenters in this town were busy. At their home it would only get this busy in peak hours. Meanwhile, she smelled what she came for, breakfast was served and Chiyo would get some food both for herself and for her pokémon.

After climbing down the stairs and getting her food she was looking around. Where was there some place left to sit down? After looking for a short while she sat on a table next to two people who looked very much like a young nurse joy and a boy with a Nidoran. She let out her own pokémon. so she could start to eat as well. She wondered what was going on, or maybe if they had some useful info they were gossiping about. She started to eat, but her attention was on the table next to her.

Gintash
2016-08-15, 11:12 PM
Jacob nodded softly. Ryan's idea was a good one and Jacob was keen to do this. "Sounds good to me. When should we look at meeting up? Just so I know how much time I have to go around capturing and stuff before the forest." Jacob said as his plan began to properly come together. It would be a lot safer to travel with someone else rather than alone.

Eshkigal
2016-08-17, 08:56 PM
However, it's up to you on if you want to try catching the rest or miss the party. Same with morning training-you have time, but no guarantees you get to meet the party if you do too much of your own stuff first. Chance meetings and all that.

Asuka and Justin head to a table with Medical Student Joy, the trio gathering food for themselves and their pokemon, Joy's happiny gathering plenty of bacon and an egg for Apollo, fruit salad and oatmeal for herself as Joy leads the conversation to start.
"So, I take it both of you came this way for the gym challenge, right? Because from what I've heard, Burgh's running an art exhibit right now, so he's incorporated the fights into the displays. So you can expect it to not be the easiest thing to go in with just one pokemon, no matter how fierce Apollo is, Asuka. Or your cute little nidoran, Justin. I mean, the dwebble or the joltik could be a problem..."
She pets both of the pokemon behind the ears, carefully avoiding the quills of Lancelot. Meanwhile, Chiyo seems to be watching your table, but might just miss what is said from the slowly growing din of the room...
(Give me a perception check, Mitsuki, to hear the details)

Ryan and Jacob both sit, their partners hopping over to each other and chatting as the two Joys and boy talk. The word Burgh may catch their attention, though...

NineOfSpades
2016-08-18, 02:26 PM
Asuka nodded, munching on a muffin. Her cousin was making some good points, which mirrored her own thoughts. "Yeah, I sort of figured as much." Apollo let out a bark, reminding everyone that he was plenty vicious enough to handle the gym on his own. Such an intimidating display was short lived as he was happily muching at his breakfast, looking more like a pampered pet than a battler. "I was planning on kicking around here for a little, since Castelia is pretty central. Might try and hoof it across the Skyarrow bridge, check out Pinwheel forest. Or take the other route to Driftveil first, if the bridge is down. Once I get a decent team together, then I'll probably take a shot at the gym...I've heard to many stories of rookies who went for their first badge before they were ready and ended up paying for it. I'd rather not end up following their footsteps"

GameOfChampions
2016-08-19, 09:49 AM
"Hmmmm" I wasn't sure how much time it would take to get to the places we were heading and catch some Pokemon on top of then getting to the Forest to meet up so it was best to be conservative "How about we meet outside the forest at 3 this afternoon? Then we can do some training for the gym" I say with a smile, we had a good plan now and things were coming together.

I turn my head a little as I hear mention of the gym and whatnot from the Joy at a nearby table and shift a little in my seat so that I can hear them a bit better. I wasn't planning on participating in their conversation but I wouldn't mind hearing what the Nurse had to say on the matter before heading out.

Eshkigal
2016-08-21, 10:33 AM
Ryan, one leans in, whispering to the other trainees at her table as things get loud enough you may have to try and hear them...
(Perception)

Asuka and Justin, Medical Intern Joy leans in, her voice going a bit low.
"Or, if you wanted, I could tell you where the strays in town head, and how to get there. Plenty of them may have a bit of an edge bred in, after all."

Mitsukiwatanabe
2016-08-22, 07:16 AM
Perception roll:

[roll0]

GameOfChampions
2016-08-22, 08:07 AM
I can't quite make out what that group of people are talking about over the growing noise of more people arriving into the main center area. So I scoot my chair a little closer and tilt my head trying to hear them better.

Perception roll: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2016-08-24, 08:53 PM
Ryan and Chiyo both hear the Medical Student Joy mention how there seems to be a spot in town where the strays congregate, from mon that breeders had set free to pokemon who have run from abusive trainers. Could be useful for expanding the teams.

GameOfChampions
2016-08-25, 08:20 AM
I nod to the boy, Jacob, beside me and let him know everything I heard. "Well I'm going to check that out instead of the desert. Feel free to join me if you want."

I quickly finish up my meal and start heading over to the area the Joy had mentioned and keeping an eye out for any Ground Pokemon that looked interesting.

NineOfSpades
2016-08-27, 02:22 PM
Asuka and Justin, Medical Intern Joy leans in, her voice going a bit low.
"Or, if you wanted, I could tell you where the strays in town head, and how to get there. Plenty of them may have a bit of an edge bred in, after all."

"That..." Asuka said, thinking a moment "...Might actually be the best place to start. Yeah, I'll take whatever tips you've got on that angle". Staying in the city seemed like a practical choice for the immediate short-term. Mostly because, with only Apollo, Asuka felt a bit exposed. If she ran into a tough fight, and he was left to tired to battle, Asuka knew she'd be in trouble and pretty much defenseless on her own. If that happened here in town, safty might just be a few blocks away. That might not hold true further afield. The city probably had a pretty diverse ecosystem as well, and variety was always a desirable trait for an aspiring pokemon trainer.

Eshkigal
2016-09-03, 09:20 AM
Medical Intern Joy smiles as she leans in.
"Great then. The pathway starts in a drainage tunnel, though, so expect some poison types. Then again, poison's a useful type in the right situations, isn't it?"
Leaning down, she expertly scratches Lancelot between the ears, avoiding the quills, before putting in some data that marks it on your map. Meanwhile, as Ryan passes by, he manages to spot the coordinates, and both hear that the passage is through a drainage basin that seems to be to the east of your current location.

However, Ryan heads out to the desert, the wind kicking up the dust as you gaze across the gleaming sands. Construction seems to be going on in the distance to your north, but who knows what lives under the sands? But do you head towards safe territory, where help could potentially come if you get in trouble, or do you trek into the sands and test your luck in more ways?

GameOfChampions
2016-09-05, 11:17 AM
I grin to myself, where was the fun in checking out the safe areas. Being a Pokemon trainer was about adventure and risk!

I head towards the more isolated desert areas and make sure Yuvrir is ahead of me as I walk and I slip a Pokeballs out of my bag and into my hand in case we find something. "Keep your eyes open Yuvrir."

Eshkigal
2016-09-14, 12:32 AM
Ryan, you head off into the sands, the coarse grains burning beneath you, Yuvrir's small form panting from the heat his fur must be trapping. However, you can faintly hear the sounds of claws tossing sand about past the next dune, as Castelia becomes a smaller dot on the horizon.
(Stealth, perception, and survival please)

GameOfChampions
2016-09-14, 12:57 PM
I turn towards the sound with Yuvrir and grin at him as I gesture to the nearby sound. I start to stalk over trying to be subtle so as not to startle the Pokemon.

Survival: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]
Stealth: [roll2]

Eshkigal
2016-09-23, 09:21 AM
Ryan, you make more noise than you want as you head up the dune, the sand slipping away beneath your feet as you try to rush up. You surface to see a Sandile just as it burrows into the side of your dune. But...where is it going? After you, or away?

GameOfChampions
2016-09-24, 12:36 PM
I panic a bit looking around but I can't make out where the Sandile was heading and grip my pokeball tighter as I wait for the little ground crocodile to reappear.

Eshkigal
2016-09-29, 09:56 AM
However, the sandile doesn't reappear. Instead, you feel the ground beneath you slip away-it must have opened up something beneath your dune, Ryan!
(Athletics or acrobatics to not go under into someplace else.)

GameOfChampions
2016-10-02, 09:51 PM
"****! Yuvrir watch out!" I start to stumble in my mad scramble to try and escape the sliding dune.

[roll0] - Acrobatics

Eshkigal
2016-10-10, 09:37 AM
Unfortunately for you, ​Ryan, the sand slips and falls away faster than you can get out of the hole, Yuvrir disappearing down into the draining sands first with a squeal, followed by yourself as you both pass the Sandile trying to fight against the flow still. However, as you fall, you landing in what looks to be a large, long hallway of some sort as you collapse into the newly forming sand dune, followed by Yuvrir landing on your head. Then, as you try to get your footing, followed by the sandile landing on your stomach with a squeak.

GameOfChampions
2016-10-11, 12:10 AM
"No No NO NOOOOOO!" I cry as I slide down the hole despite my best efforts, clawing at the sides as I'm pulled down. I groan as I hit the ground, that would hurt in the morning but my groan was not finished as I'm hit in the head by my Swinub and then subsequently in the gut by the Sandile I'm trying to catch. I glare at the Sandile, a little winded from the little crocodile that landed straight on my gut 'I'm going to catch this goddam Sandile if it is the last thing I do!'.

I whisper to my Swinub, still out of breath "Use Powder Snow on the Sandile Yuvrir."

Powder Snow Line 4 (I assume it's in range and since it's a line it won't hit me? If it does I'll tough it out)
Accuracy: [roll0] I need to beat a 2+whatever the evasion it uses. Edit: Also forgot Focused Training adds +1 to my accuracy rolls
Damage: [roll1]

Eshkigal
2016-10-19, 09:54 AM
Ryan, the sandile squeaks as it gets frosted over, looking pathetically at you and Yuvrir behind it, before kicking up more sand upon you both that may leave Yuvrir sputtering.
[roll0]-Torment, 2+speed evasion!-target becomes suppressed if this connects, suppressed mon have move frequencies lowered.

GameOfChampions
2016-10-19, 02:28 PM
Yuvrir squeaks at the Sandile but can't produce any more powder snow except for a few meager snow crystals. I cough as well from the sand kicked up in the air but my grip tightens on the Pokeball I've been gripping and I toss it at the Sandile hoping this will catch the little creature. 'Damn I hope this works!' Yuvrir just moves off me to stand near me and the Sandile, not attacking just yet.

Accuracy Roll: [roll0] vs 6
Capture Roll: [roll1]
Wasn't sure if you wanted the original capture rolls or the playtest ones so I went with original if that's cool. Also I'm down to keep doing this if you are but if you want to stop cause I'm the last one standing that's fine as well. Conversely I think I have a friend who would love to play if you're cool with getting another member?

Eshkigal
2016-10-23, 09:05 PM
(generally it's two different 1d20s for captures, and sure, you can contact your buddy. Going to be busy for a bit this week though-another 68 hour week.)

Unfortunately, the pokeball flies into the pile of sand you seem to be stuck in, though the sandile sprays sand into Yurvir's face before it attempts to get off you.
[roll0]-sand attack, 2+speed, if it connects the target is blinded

GameOfChampions
2016-10-31, 05:30 PM
I roll my eyes to the sky, this Sandler just wasn't being caught... but that just made me want it more. I grab another ball out of my bag and toss it at the croc once more.

vs 6
[Roll]1d20

GameOfChampions
2016-10-31, 07:38 PM
Sorry...

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2016-11-02, 04:46 AM
This time, Ryan, you bring the ball straight down on the sandile, watching it get absorbed into the ball. It wobbles a little, but is quick to register a catch.
(Level 10 sandile, male, rest is up to you)

GameOfChampions
2016-11-04, 02:34 PM
I look at the little ball with a grin on my face, I feel on too of the world right now! My family can suck it cause this Sandile is just the forst step in my journey. I pick up Yuvrir and toss him up into the air several times while catching him "We did it Yuvrir! We did it!" After a couple tosses I let him down and gently wipe off his eyes to make sure I get all the sand off him.

After that moment I start to look around, realizing I may be in a much worse situation then I had thought. 'Hmmm this could be problematic' I think as I look around the cavern I'd dropped into and the hole above me. Then an idea strikes me and I pull out the newly caught Sandile and release him from his ball. "Hey there little guy. You all right? I'm going to be your new trainer and I can help you get even stronger." I pull out a potion and spray his wounds with it. "How's that? Do you think you could help me and Yuvrir find our way out?"

I look over the little croc as I stand up and think for a second "Hmmm I think I'm gonna call you Terra for the time being."

Also I know I don't have my Elite training thing on Terra and I can't until the next day. Also I bought a tm at character creation but I can't remember if tms are single use or multiple use. Could I use it on Sandile when we have time.

Eshkigal
2016-11-09, 09:50 PM
The sandile looks around curiously, before giving a small squeaking noise and huddling behind you, looking up at the roof further down the tunnel in fear as, finally, you notice that it seems somewhat oppressive heat stifling the air around you. Looking after it, you see...what seems to be the remains of some giant bug type, a mothlike entity for some reason. But...is that an egg in it's clutches?

GameOfChampions
2016-11-11, 01:09 AM
My eyes widen in fear as I notice what is going on around me, with the heat and the remains of the large bug type. '**** I knew falling down this hole was bad but what have I fallen into here!' I was starting to back away in fear, following my new Sandiles lead, when I notice the egg in the large corpses remains. I couldn't leave the egg behind, what would happen to it if it was left here. I couldn't do that so I started to edge closer while looking around and trying to wrack my mind for what the corpse could be and what the egg could be as well. "Come on Terra we need to get that egg out of here."

Poke Ed [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

GameOfChampions
2016-11-24, 10:45 PM
So is this done? I'm still game.

Eshkigal
2016-11-28, 10:10 PM
Ryan, you keep looking around, that there seem to be ancient glyphs depicting a great and large insect that is depicted as shining, old and rusted metal pitted around the engravings. As you take the egg with caution, you notice that it seems to be the source of the heat, the dried corpse of the insect crumbling as you move the egg and becoming little more than ashen dust. However, you still seem to have no idea what it could be. Or, admittedly, a way out...

GameOfChampions
2016-12-13, 08:26 PM
I look at the egg in wonder as I feel the heat pulsing out from it but after a few seconds I realize I have bigger problems. I take the the egg in one arm and grab some clothes out of my pack which I then swaddle the egg in. "Don't worry little guy you're safe now." I whisper as I place him gently in the bag. Then I straighten up and sigh "Now I just need to find a way out... Come on Terra let's head this way."

I gesture to my little sand croc and we start heading back down the hallway in the direction of the spot where we landed and keep going.

Eshkigal
2016-12-15, 09:31 AM
Ryan, ​headed down the hall, the light slowly dies down, your feet still hitting carved tile at least as you find yourself in darkness, the wall to one side changing in texture between carved pictograph and smoother stone with handholds occasionally until you come to the opposite wall. If you had to guess, you managed to travel a good 200 feet from your falling point, the dim light in the distance, and as you walk back and test the smoother stone, you find it gives, allowing you access to some rooms around you. There were four such doorways on this side, and in a slow sweep you find four more upon the other as well. Perhaps one may have a way out? Or, at the very least, some interesting items.

GameOfChampions
2016-12-16, 10:18 PM
As the hallway starts to darken I pause to pull out my lighter from my pack to give me some light, the light was so small it was almost useless but it provided a lot of comfort. I use the small light to look around the hallway and examine the drawings 'Wow. It sucks that I fell in here but this is really fascinating.'

I feel slightly more hopeful at finding a way out as I find the rooms, maybe I could find a way out! I start at the door closer to the light on the left side of the hall and start to examine them. I decide to explore them fully if they lead anywhere before moving on to any of the other doors. "Come on Terra lets go and check them out!"

Eshkigal
2017-01-16, 08:08 AM
Ryan, the lighter providing some assistance, your new friend Terra sniffing about and going into the dark places occasionally, you slowly make your way into the rooms. Two seem to be mere storage, their contents having rotted with age to fragile looking rolls of paper and, given the bowls you see, dust you assume was likely some foodstuff of ages past. The third and fourth doors you find has a long and sloping tunnels one leading upwards, the other down. Seems to be a start for getting out at least.

But this is not the only Trainer visited today, no! For two trainers cross the desert with no companion save their own partners as they go from Nimbasa City to Castelia. First is Gretchin and her hawlucha, who had sought to debut in the ring until noticing the odds stacked further against them than normal. For Nimbasa, while a practical festival of light and sound at times as it stands the biggest leisure area of Unova, also has the largest Electric Type population per Trainer due to power requirements. While she was no stranger to playing the Heel, considering the local circuit had a population roughly 95% composed of electric pokemon...yeah. Yeah, not the best fight for Tempest. So a trip through the desert, given the propensity for having ground types, seemed like a perfect chance to find a second partner as a foil to Tempest. You nearly had the perfect mon too, a small Sandile, before some schmuck scared it off making too much noise.
Then said schmuck had the ground beneath him give way, and was, as far as you can tell, swallowed whole by the sands. So...what next? Do you leave a fellow Trainer possibly trapped beneath the sands? Or do you help?

Seijitsu, on the other hand, had left because of too little promise to quench her own desires. Too much noise, and casual fighting, and the battle subway was down for repairs, and a whole slew of small reasons had soured the city. Which had led her, in her wanderings, to spot a strange encounter. A man in desert gear and a pith hat was calmly narrating as two pokemon, one a Sandshrew, the other similar yet...off, in coloration and slightly in structure, seem to sniff at each other. Behind him, a mankey with a camera and a hat grumbles in controlled fury as it tapes the scene.
"-so far, the Sandshrew seems to meet it's wild cousin from the lands of Alola with great caution, but acceptance, as if it knows despite the sturdier outer shell and coloration that the Alolan Sandshrew, or snowshrew as many trainers routinely refer to it as in slang, that they were once of the same genetic stock. Perhaps there is a lesson in this, somewhere-"
He does not seem inclined to stop any time soon, though the two Sandshrew seem to look in his direction warily.

GameOfChampions
2017-01-16, 06:13 PM
As Terra and I pass by the rooms it definitely seems interesting and I try to gather up some of the scrolls at random and gingerly put them into my bag. As we come to the doors with the pathways I look at both. I was less worried now that we had found some paths, the one leading up seemed promising. I look down at Terra "What do think girl? I'm thinking that we should do some exploring!"

I start to walk down the flight looking around for some interesting stuff like Pokemon, ruins, or whatever really. The life of a trainer was all about the adventure.

IrnBruAddict
2017-01-17, 06:58 PM
Bored, and with nothing else better to do, Seiji wanders over to look at the scene of the man with the 2 Sandshrew. When not fighting, Seijitsu just lived her life one moment to the next, just trying to stave off the ever crushing boredom that was the mundane world.

She stares at the 2 pokemon, noting the difference between the two. Was this a shiny pokemon? Nah, she had never seen a shiny Sandshrew but she was sure she remembered a colour that wasn't blue mentioned online. Grey? Purple? Maybe green? Whatever it was, it likely wasn't blue. Plus this guy called it a Snowshrew. Shiny pokemon usually didn't have a different name, or such a different look. It seemed tubbier and heavier than the other one.

'Yo, old man!' She interrupts the presenter with a gentle elbow to the ribs, not caring if he was in the middle of recording or not. While she was perfectly able to act polite when she wanted to, she was too bored to put on the act today. 'The heck is a Snowshrew?' She points over to the two pokemon. 'And I'm guessing from the name and looks of it, that it's some sort of ice type? Which makes it a bit strange that you're letting it run about the middle of a desert. Pretty sure that someone would deem that pokemon cruelty, forcing an ice type out in this heat just for some TV show.' A wicked smile starts to form at the corner of her mouth. 'And you're even recording it? Not the smartest way to abuse a pokemon.'

MichaelGoldclaw
2017-01-19, 12:33 AM
"Ugh, godsdamn idiot had to scare it away so none of us got it and now he's paying the price..." she grumbles to herself as she looks down to where he fell. Gretchin may be a dirty schoundrel, but she wasn't about let fate have its way with some idiot who screwed her over. Instead, her Face side was going to shine as she would go after him, standing where she knows it safe first. After inspecting it, she sighed. "Looks like there's no way directly back up. Screw my life..." and then she goes in

Eshkigal
2017-01-22, 11:37 AM
Ryan, as you try to take a scroll only to find it having decayed too far to disturb, Gretchin plunges into the sand and ends up on the mound of sand slowly forming where you fell, spitting sand out of her face. Meanwhile, Gretchin finds, after spitting the sand off her face, that she has emerged into strange ruins. Little light shines in the hallway, as the fool who spooked your hunt walks alongside them, a lone lighter providing illumination that dances off strange carvings of a grand insect pokemon glowing like the sun.

Seiji, the man looks at you as if trying to comprehend what just happened, the mankey giving a frustrated screech as it tosses the hat down and stomps on it.
"I...what? Huh? Miss, I assure you that no pokemon are at risk currently, as the Alolan sandshrew shows signs of being able to quickly adjust back to such temperatures after living on tropic islands all it's life. As for what a snowshrew is, Alola is known for a number of variant races split off from other species, with the full type shift to best adapt to a region they would not handle well otherwise. In fact, this documentary is to see if they're able to bridge any species gap the variation may have caused. In fact, it is rather interesting, for you see-"
He seems ready to drone on at this point, the two Shrews looking at you curiously as ice forms on the sands thanks to the snowshoes.

MichaelGoldclaw
2017-01-22, 02:10 PM
"...and screw my life hard" the wrestler said to herself as she dealt with the sand all over her before looking up, seeing Ryan, whose sight made Gretchen even more aggitated... no, aggitated is to weak of a word when she is currently getting up and stomping her way over in fury. "YOU GODSDAMN F***ING IDIOT!" she began, yelling at him without any tact. "YOU JUST HAD TO HAVE SCARED THAT LITTLE SANDILE AT THE WORST POSSIBLE LOCATION! YOU'RE LUCKY I'M A NICE GIRL OR I WOULDN'T HAVE COME DOWN TO HELP YOUR SORRY A**!"

IrnBruAddict
2017-01-22, 02:51 PM
'Which is stronger?' Seiji rudely interrupts. As always, boredom was the bane of her existence, and if she let this guy get carried away, he was sure to bore her.

'They adapt differently in the different environments? Well which is more adapted to battle?' She pulls out her solitary pokeball, the one pokemon she had gained so far. People on the net said that pokemon battles were the most exciting thing to do nowadays, and so this was her latest effort to stave away the boredom. But if she was going to be a trainer, she wanted to do this right. Find the strongest and then crush them. 'Take command of whicheverone of your little Shrews you wish and battle me old man. I'm sure your viewers would appreciate a few action shots or two.'

GameOfChampions
2017-01-22, 04:37 PM
I double back in shock as I see another person in the ruins as well and smile a bit, at least I wasn't alone down here. That smile gets wiped away the second she starts to shout at me. It was violent and idiotic and snapped me out of my shock. I bite back my own growing shout and lower it to a vitrolic hiss "I'm the idiot! You're the one who hopped down a hole after a complete stranger to apparently yell at them at the top of your lungs in a dangerous, unknown, and possibly unstable environment! All your damn shouting could be bringing a swarm of Pokemon down on us this second. So how bout you get down off your Arceus damn high ponyta and help me explore or find a way out. Besides" he gestures down to his little Sandile "you're gonna scare Terra."

He gestures irritably and starts heading back to the path he was exploring not really caring too much if she didn't follow.

MichaelGoldclaw
2017-01-22, 07:59 PM
She had to admit, he had a point. Getting angry wasn't going to help much. As much as she wanted to keep venting her frustrations onto him, it wasn't the best idea. She let out a sigh as she cooled down. "You're right. I'm sorry." she admitted. "Look, despite my best judgement, I came down here to help. I couldn't live with myself if I let someone get trapped down here and I could have done something to save them." She looked down to Terra. That must have been the same sandile. "Terra, huh, not what I had in mind, but I'm glad you at least managed to catch her." she then turned her gaze back up to the fellow trainer "I'm Gretchin, by the way."

Eshkigal
2017-02-05, 01:52 PM
Ryan, Gretchin, despite the shouting between you two, the sand and rock above seems content to stay in place. However, something falls over on the path up-from here, it sounds like pottery smashing. But the consistency of it does serve as reminder you are not necessarily alone...
(Perception)

Seiji, the man pauses, looking to you again.
"Stronger? I do not quite...oh, you think I am their Trainer! No, both are wild. Archibald is my companion in this venture, as well as two others. Two on two sound reasonable for you?
He gestures to the camera mankey at Archibald, apparently trying to accommodate your request as Archie cracks his knuckles, apparently eager for a target for his barely contained rage.

GameOfChampions
2017-02-05, 10:40 PM
I nod at the stranger, who I now know is named Gretchin, "I'm Ryan. Thanks for coming down to he-"

I stop talking as I hear something smash and I swivel as fast as I could, more then a little worried due to the dark and possible Pokemon in here. "Did you hear that?"

Perception Roll: [roll0]

Does Terra get a roll?

If so: [roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2017-02-06, 02:49 PM
Seiji raises her eyebrow at the mans comment. Both were wild? Strange how a wild pokemon from Alolah was here, especially if it was used to ice and hanging out here in the desert. Still, no use passing an oportunity by. Might as well try and catch them both, see which is stronger for herself.

'As long as Archie doesn't hold me back, we're good!' Seiji holds out her pokeball, and releases .... another Sandshrew? The illusion pokemon paced around Archibald, gazing at the two other Sandshrews. It growled at it's twin mirror and the alolan counterpart.

'Try not to knock them out. I've taken an interest in this duo.' Seiji spins an empty pokeball in each hand. She wondered what the feeling of kicking a Sandshrew ball would feel like. If this worked out, she may get to know the answer.

Sending out the Zorua, disguised as the Sandshrew. Speed 10.

Eshkigal
2017-02-12, 08:47 AM
Ryan, at least, can hear the sound of hissing among the shattered pots. Like a cat pokemon, if you had to guess. Also the thrum of strange energies beyond your view. Gretchin seems to not hear more yet.

Seiji, the two sandshrew look at your own oddly, before looking to you, then each other. Seems this part is something they understand, at least, though they move and circle away from your zorua.
"Ah, I thought you were challenging me-oh my, this will set my schedule back considerably..."
The mankey throws his hat down in frustration, as well as the camera before leaping at your disguised zorua, trying to cut the jerk keeping him from being done with this already, as he hoots and hollers out at the disguised zorua in simian frustration.
[roll0]-scratch, 2+def
[roll1]