PDA

View Full Version : Some Cheesy Questions

Gralamin
2007-07-05, 02:25 AM
1. Does a permanently enlarged to large size medium creature qualify for prestige classes that require large size?

2. In what ways can one increase reach, using only the following weapon group: Kukri, Kama, handaxe, daggers.

Awesome point for anyone who can figure out what I'm trying to do.
edit: Hint gestalt build.

Callix
2007-07-05, 02:52 AM
Hulking Hurler//swordsage or rogue?

I'd say a Permanent Enlarge Person effect would make you size Large, and as such you qualify. But if anyone dispels you , you immediately lose all class features of the PrCs and feats that require you to be large.

Far Shot and the Distance enchantment can get a dagger out to 60ft increments (matches a shortbow). For reach, Aberrant Blood and Inhuman Reach (wherever they are from) get you +5ft reach. There's an Iron Heart stance that gives you +5ft reach during your turn.

Swooper
2007-07-05, 03:52 AM
Lunging Strike(CW or PHB2, can't remember and am at work) increases reach by 5ft, but it's a standard action to use (I think - in any case it prevents a full attack).

Edit: I believe the Aberrant Blood/Inhuman Reach feats are from Lords of Madness.

Also, as a humorous point: To increase reach, try Sovereign Glue + weapon + ten foot pole :smallbiggrin:

And you're definitely doing something with a swordsage and a hulking hurler, due to the weapon group restriction and the size requirement.

Flawless
2007-07-05, 06:21 AM
Hulking Hurler//swordsage or rogue?

I'd say a Permanent Enlarge Person effect would make you size Large, and as such you qualify. But if anyone dispels you , you immediately lose all class features of the PrCs and feats that require you to be large.

Where does it actually say that you lose all class abilities if you no longer qualify for a PrC? I didn't find anything in the DMG and I don't know where else to look.

Emperor Tippy
2007-07-05, 06:26 AM
Where does it actually say that you lose all class abilities if you no longer qualify for a PrC? I didn't find anything in the DMG and I don't know where else to look.

It's in there somewhere. It may be a sage advice thing though.

But yes, a permanent enlarge person spell will qualify you for a PrC that requires large size.

And I don't have the list on me right now but you can push the reach of a large character up to 35 feet without reach weapons.

Armads
2007-07-05, 06:26 AM
In Complete Warrior.

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-07-05, 09:38 AM
To me, this is sounding like a Warhulk/Dervish situation... trying to get as many attacks in a round as possible... possibly Warhulk/Swordsage focusing on Tiger Fang

A Permenant Enlarge would allow you to qualify for a Warhulk, but if it gets dispelled, you loose all benefits, so it's probably not a good idea.

Gralamin
2007-07-05, 10:46 AM
To me, this is sounding like a Warhulk/Dervish situation... trying to get as many attacks in a round as possible... possibly Warhulk/Swordsage focusing on Tiger Fang

A Permenant Enlarge would allow you to qualify for a Warhulk, but if it gets dispelled, you loose all benefits, so it's probably not a good idea.

Ding ding we have a winner. Almost.

The general idea is a Thri-kreen 2 (LA buy off)/Warhulk10/Bloodclaw Master 5/Filler Class 3 (Fighter or barbarian)//Warblade 20.

By Increasing its reach, The Warhulk allows it to smash anyone it threatens, a total of 13 times per turn. Add in a Girrallon Windmill Flesh rip and thats up to 20d6 extra damage on each.

I wanted to fit Dervish in, But I have yet to find room. 26 attacks per turn on anything in reach would be nice.

Person_Man
2007-07-05, 12:13 PM
If you want to be a War Hulk (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20030914a) (one of the most broken prestige classes) or something similar, there are a variety of large races in Savage Species. For example, you can use the Minotaur racial class (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20030202).

Another option is to use a Lycanthrope or my beloved Entomanothrope (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040621a). Their alternate form often has Large Size, which would allow you to qualify. This also sets up a really interesting roleplaying dichotomy, in which you're very, very weak in your base form, but very, very strong in your alternate form.

Also, remember that the best lead in to War Hulk is Cleric, which gives you access to Divine Power.

brian c
2007-07-05, 12:31 PM
Ding ding we have a winner. Almost.

The general idea is a Thri-kreen 2 (LA buy off)/Warhulk10/Bloodclaw Master 5/Filler Class 3 (Fighter or barbarian)//Warblade 20.

By Increasing its reach, The Warhulk allows it to smash anyone it threatens, a total of 13 times per turn. Add in a Girrallon Windmill Flesh rip and thats up to 20d6 extra damage on each.

I wanted to fit Dervish in, But I have yet to find room. 26 attacks per turn on anything in reach would be nice.

Um... sounds like a fun build, but I'm a little confused. Wouldn't you have to take those "filler" levels first, if not more, in order to qualify for War Hulk? I don't have my things with my right now, but I thought there was a BAB requirement...

Gralamin
2007-07-05, 12:43 PM
Um... sounds like a fun build, but I'm a little confused. Wouldn't you have to take those "filler" levels first, if not more, in order to qualify for War Hulk? I don't have my things with my right now, but I thought there was a BAB requirement...

Just the way I listed them. Currently this is the build:
Thri-kreen 1//Warblade 1 - Multiweapon Fighting, Flaw: Shaky, Willing Deformity
Thri-kreen 2//Warblade 2
Thri-kreen 3//Warblade 3 - Deformity (Tall)
Thri-kreen 4//Warblade 4
Fighter 1//Warblade 5 - Fighter Bonus: , Warblade Bonus: Improved Initative
Warhulk 1// Warblade 5 (LA Buy off)
Warhulk 2// Warblade 6 -
Warhulk 3// Warblade 7
Warhulk 4// Warblade 7 (LA Buy off)
Warhulk 5// Warblade 8
Warhulk 6// Warblade 9 - Improved Multiweapon Fighting, Warblade Bonus: Combat Reflexes
Warhulk 7// Warblade 10
Warhulk 8// Warblade 11
Warhulk 9// Warblade 12 -
Warhulk 10// Warblade 13 - Warblade Bonus:
Bloodclaw Master 1//Warblade 14
Bloodclaw Master 2//Warblade 15 - Greater Multiweapon Fighting
Bloodclaw Master 3//Warblade 16
Bloodclaw Master 4//Warblade 17 - Warblade Bonus: Tigerblooded
Bloodclaw Master 5//Warblade 18 -
Fighter 2//Warblade 19
Fighter 3//Warblade 20 - Fighter Bonus

Stances: Dancing Blade Form + Wolf Pack Tactics

AtomicKitKat
2007-07-05, 01:26 PM

Unless Warblade specifically grants "Improved Initiative as a Bonus Feat", they wouldn't stack(because they would both be "Bonus Feat" and thus considered "the same class feature")

brian c
2007-07-05, 02:08 PM
Just the way I listed them. Currently this is the build:
Thri-kreen 1//Warblade 1 - Multiweapon Fighting, Flaw: Shaky, Willing Deformity
Thri-kreen 2//Warblade 2
Thri-kreen 3//Warblade 3 - Deformity (Tall)
Thri-kreen 4//Warblade 4
Warhulk 1// Warblade 5 (LA Buy off)
Warhulk 2// Warblade 6 -
Warhulk 3// Warblade 7
Warhulk 4// Warblade 7 (LA Buy off)
Warhulk 5// Warblade 8
Warhulk 6// Warblade 9 - Improved Multiweapon Fighting, Warblade Bonus: Combat Reflexes
Warhulk 7// Warblade 10
Warhulk 8// Warblade 11
Warhulk 9// Warblade 12 -
Warhulk 10// Warblade 13 - Warblade Bonus:
Bloodclaw Master 1//Warblade 14
Bloodclaw Master 2//Warblade 15 - Greater Multiweapon Fighting
Bloodclaw Master 3//Warblade 16
Bloodclaw Master 4//Warblade 17 - Warblade Bonus: Tigerblooded
Bloodclaw Master 5//Warblade 18 -
Fighter 2//Warblade 19
Fighter 3//Warblade 20 - Fighter Bonus

Stances: Dancing Blade Form + Wolf Pack Tactics

Ah, that's not how you listed them though, that was my issue. You listed, originally, Thri-Keen/War Hulk 10. Your full build that you just listed has a level of Fighter in between the Thri-Keen and War Hulk levels

Gralamin
2007-07-05, 02:13 PM
Unless Warblade specifically grants "Improved Initiative as a Bonus Feat", they wouldn't stack(because they would both be "Bonus Feat" and thus considered "the same class feature")

Ah yes. yes. However, I'm probably going to be changing fighter soon. Right now its just there.