PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Making a WIZ/Crimson Countess Gestalt Vampire Boss (pathfinder)

Yuven
2016-08-08, 03:55 AM
DISCLAIMER: I am just rambling about a module I am tinkering with. You have been warned! also tips and ideas would be awesome ;)
Original Post (https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/4wkuu9/making_a_wizcrimson_countess_gestalt_vampire_boss/)
Mood Music (https://soundcloud.com/even-magnus-ofstad/sets/too-good)
Soo, I was struck by a bit of inspiration not too long ago. I wanted to make a Vampire Wiz/Harbinger Gestalt boss to a Gothic Horror module I am going to make. I know, I know... A single BBEG at the end of a module wont work. And I am going to add some spice to the inevitable fight. But what I have written below is what I have got so far. I havent picked manouvers and stances yet, but I will get around to it eventually. I am a bit influenced by the 3.5 Ravenloft adventure, and want to rid myself of most of that for the making of the module, but so far I am focusing on this guy whom I have named "Not-Strahd" as a placeholder.

The story of this guy is still a bit vague. I was thinking he was an adventurer in his life before becoming a vampire, and he is struggling hard with his curse. I think there will be an option in the module to turn him back to a human with the use of an Elixir of True Resurrection which I have called "Elixir of the Radiant Dawn". I do not think it will be as easy as to just show up with it and offering it to him. This guy is also surrounded by a cult of Urgathoa whom worships him as some kind of Harbinger of Some Important Urgathoan event (Harbinger; Lame pun intended). They have set up shop with him in his mansion, and are helping him restore his ancestral Castle. He himself isnt that devout, but the vampire in him gives her a kind of respect.

The module itself will be some sort of open "sandbox" with info about what each major NPC and Faction is doing each day. I have yet to decide if the module will start in a low level and progress to higher levels, or begin mid-level. Only time will tell I guess. Oh, and I am wondering about giving every Major Boss the Dual initiative Mythic ability, just to avoid some of the action economy problems. If anyone have some ideas, help, constructive criticisms, experience with harbingers, experience with creating modules, experience with NPC balancing... and so forth, I would love some feedback.
I used 20pts buy for his stats and half Character gold for his stuff (mind you he crafted his own s&~+) This would probably be at the end of the campaign anyways so good loot should not be a problem. I felt the Elite NPC array would not convey my thoughts on this guy.

Not-Strahd
Not-Strahd CR 15 or 16
XP 51,200 or 76,800
Male Human-Vampire Wiz/Harbinger(Crimson Countess) 12
NE Medium Undead(Vempire)
Init 18; Darkvision 60; Perception +24
Defense
AC 37 Touch 21; Flat-Footed 31; (4 Mage Armor[spell], 4 Shield [spell], 6Nat Vampire, 2Nat Amulet, 3 Dodge )
[B]HP 171(12d8 HD +12 Favored Class +12 Toughness +84 CHA)
Fort +25; Ref +26; Will +10
Defensive Abilities ; DR 10/magic and silver ; Immune Undead immunities; Resist Cold 10 Electricity 10;

Offense
Speed 50(80 Haste) Fly 60/80 (Haste 90/120)
Space 5ft; Reach 5ft (10ft buffed)
Melee+2 Keen rapier; 24/19 1d6+20 15-20x2; 25/25/20 (haste)
Special Attacks Spell-Like Abilities (CL ) At will—
Spells Known/Prepared (CL 12)
6th DC: 26|True Seeing; Dispel Magic, Greater x2; Cloak of Dreams
5th DC: 25|Teleport; Feeblemind x2; Dominate Person x2;
4th DC: 24|Invisibility, Greater; False Life, Greater; Dimension Door; Black Tentacles; Aura of the Unremarkable;
3rd DC: 23|Stinking Cloud; Slow; Haste x2; Fly x2;
2nd DC: 22|Resist Energy; Protective Penumbra x2; Mirror Image; Invisibility; Detect Thoughts; Create Pit
1st DC: 21|Vanish; Shield; long arm; Liberating Command; Color Spray x3;
0 DC: 20|
Statistics Str 13, Dex 26, Con -, Int 30, Wis 10, Cha 25
Base Atk +12; CMB 13; CMD 32
Feats Vampire: Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, and Toughness Human: Weapon Finesse 1: Grasp of darkness 3: Craft wondrous 5: Deadly agility 5: Craft magic arms and armor 7: Discipline Focus (Cursed razor) 9: Iron Will 10: Time stutter (Wiz Discovery) 11: Lightning recovery

Skills Acrobatics +23 Bluff +30 Diplomacy +24 Fly +23 Intimidate +22 Knowledge (arcana) +25 Knowledge (Martial) +25 Knowledge (religion) +25 Perception +24 Sense Motive +27 Spellcraft +25 Stealth +31

SQ Martial Maneuvers Dark Claim (Su) Accursed Will (Ex) Black Omen (Su) Bleak Prophecy (Su) Crimson Claim (Su) Dark Claim (Su) Elusive Shadow (Ex) Grim News (Su) Ill Intentions (Su) Ill Tidings (Ex) Massacre (Ex) Sanguine Empowerment (Su) Sorcerous Deception (Sp) DUAL INITIATIVE

Combat Gear +2 Keen rapier
Other Gear Amulet of Natural Armor +2; Circlet of mental prowess +6 (int,cha); Belt of Dex+6; 20,650 gold in jewelry and such

Edit 08/08 10:57: Removed Celestial Armor
Edit 08/08 11:18; Added *Keen* to the rapier, Replaced Arcane Armor training with Iron will