PDA

View Full Version : Hey Giant, can we watch?

Nad
2007-07-05, 07:31 AM
I love watching speed drawing, painting, etc on youtube, especially watching people make high quality images on MSpaint, it's amazing to see what people can do.

I was just watching and thought to myself, wow, wouldn't it be cool to see Rich put together an episode of OOTS?

So what do you say Rich? Mind if we watch you in action? :smallredface:

Thanks,
Nad

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-05, 07:37 AM
Hey, might be a cool idea. I'm in.

(P.S. Your title reminds me a bit of strip http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0082.html :smalleek: )

Nad
2007-07-05, 07:40 AM
Your title reminds me a bit of strip http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0082.html:smalleek:

That strip reminds me of my roommates... including the dwarves :smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2007-07-05, 08:15 AM
That strip reminds me of my roommates... including the dwarves :smallbiggrin:

Wait... you watch your roommmates...

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-05, 08:29 AM
I'm in too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:small smile:

Goldor
2007-07-05, 09:13 AM
That would be awesome!:smallcool: :smallsmile:

Albonor
2007-07-05, 09:15 AM
Yes, a few webcomic artists did this in the last months, in high speed on youtube for example. I think it would be very interresting.

Sigbru
2007-07-05, 09:51 AM
I support it, but youtube ? i don't know... i don't like youtube

Krytha
2007-07-05, 10:00 AM
I would support this as Rich's methods are probably vastly different from your average web-artist. I also support a five-fold reduction of exclamation marks in all posts.

Crazy_Imp
2007-07-05, 10:45 AM
Me nine. I'd love to see how the giant works!

Tolkien_Freak
2007-07-05, 11:11 AM
And I! I'd love to see how the guy does it!

Tmabbbb
2007-07-05, 11:41 AM
I support this decision.

ChopSticks28
2007-07-05, 02:11 PM
That would be cool to watch.

Nodles
2007-07-05, 02:30 PM
Yes, a few webcomic artists did this in the last months, in high speed on youtube for example. I think it would be very interresting.

I never seen one of those videos. What artists did it?

Ivius
2007-07-05, 02:46 PM
That would be awesome! Me 30th!

Vraite
2007-07-05, 03:00 PM
Yes, please

Albonor
2007-07-05, 03:06 PM
I never seen one of those videos. What artists did it?

Lar Desouza on Least I Could Do : www.leasticoulddo.com (a few months ago)
For the video: Couldn't find it on the site anymore so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwOg4oSdJw

Kimmo Lemetti on Gone With the Blastwave :http://www.blastwavecomic.com/index.php
For the turorial and video: http://gotmorr.com/?page_id=38

Of course, you don't see Ryan Sohmer from LICD having the writer's block, just as we do not really want to see Rich in contemplation for the next strip. Drawing it will be fine.

Dugray
2007-07-05, 03:10 PM
I would rather see the Giant put out a comic on time. It's been late 4 of the past 5 comics. Why not just switch the schedule to Tuesday Thursday and Saturday since that's when the comics usually show up anyways.

Albonor
2007-07-05, 03:13 PM
Hem... how do we say it? Can you please delete that last post and start a different thread to have locked please?

BisectedBrioche
2007-07-05, 03:19 PM
I would support this as Rich's methods are probably vastly different from your average web-artist. I also support a five-fold reduction of exclamation marks in all posts.

Exclaimation marks, FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^5

And I also agree, such a video would be awesome.

TheoCryst
2007-07-05, 03:22 PM
Go ahead and add me to the list of people who are interested in this hypothetical video. I loved watching LICD's making-of video back when he made it.

Nad
2007-07-05, 04:01 PM
I would rather see the Giant put out a comic on time. It's been late 4 of the past 5 comics. Why not just switch the schedule to Tuesday Thursday and Saturday since that's when the comics usually show up anyways.

Now I really wish this video will happen so people like you can learn to appreciate that doing something like this takes time and work. :smallannoyed:

theKOT
2007-07-05, 04:13 PM
I whole-heartedly support this idea. I always find those videos interesting.

PepitoTV
2007-07-05, 04:38 PM
Obsidian, from Commissioned Comic (http://www.commissionedcomic.com/), has been through his "Commission-a-thlon", where he records himself while drawing a picture somebody commissioned to him. It's very ilustrative :).

Greetings.

kpenguin
2007-07-05, 04:44 PM
Now I really wish this video will happen so people like you can learn to appreciate that doing something like this takes time and work. :smallannoyed:

Well....

Q: How long does it take you to make each comic?

A: About 2-3 hours each, assuming I don.t get interrupted or distracted. That includes writing the dialogue and crafting the actual strip, but not getting the idea. Usually, I come up with ideas while I am on the subway or eating lunch, so I don't count that time.

The Giant really doesn't take all that long to make a comic. He really is late when he feels he would be unable to give us good material due to time constraints or sickness or something similar.

Gol_Stoan
2007-07-05, 04:51 PM
:thog: Thog want to see comic drawing action.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-05, 05:23 PM

Then they'd show up Wednesday Friday Sunday.

Em Blackleaf
2007-07-05, 05:28 PM
I think that's a cool idea.:smallsmile:

Firestar27
2007-07-05, 05:29 PM
Well....

<snip>

The Giant really doesn't take all that long to make a comic. He really is late when he feels he would be unable to give us good material due to time constraints or sickness or something similar.

He does. I don't think Youtube can hold more than 10 minutes. Even if he sped it up, that would be 12 to 18 times faster (120 to 180 minutes sped up to 10 minutes). It would be hard to see anything. Not to mention that the quality would drop because he wouldn't be putting as much effort into the drawing because he has to make sure that the camera can see everything.

Dalenthas
2007-07-05, 05:35 PM
He does. I don't think Youtube can hold more than 10 minutes. Even if he sped it up, that would be 12 to 18 times faster (120 to 180 minutes sped up to 10 minutes). It would be hard to see anything. Not to mention that the quality would drop because he wouldn't be putting as much effort into the drawing because he has to make sure that the camera can see everything.

Umm, he does it all on the computer, so its more a matter of finding good screencapture software than getting the camera in the right place.

Spiryt
2007-07-05, 05:38 PM
Well....

Right but:
- FAQ was last updated in early 2005.
Now strips are usually longer, much more detailed, and plot is more advanced.
So they probably took longer to plan and draw the strip, to make everything right. There were some strips late just beacuse it took more time to draw them.

Anyway when I imagine doing one thing longer than 3 hours, with full concentration... Well i imagine myself doing pause and doing something completely different. Like writing not very intelligent posts on this boards:smallamused:

I'm complete and utter lazy and unreliable bastard, while Giant certainly is not, I agree.
But still that what Nad said

Now I really wish this video will happen so people like you can learn to appreciate that doing something like this takes time and work.

stays, I think.

Snipers_Promise
2007-07-05, 05:59 PM
I like this idea.

Ringmereth
2007-07-05, 07:50 PM
Right but:
- FAQ was last updated in early 2005.
Now strips are usually longer, much more detailed, and plot is more advanced.
So they probably took longer to plan and draw the strip, to make everything right. There were some strips late just beacuse it took more time to draw them.

Anyway when I imagine doing one thing longer than 3 hours, with full concentration... Well i imagine myself doing pause and doing something completely different. Like writing not very intelligent posts on this boards:smallamused:

I'm complete and utter lazy and unreliable bastard, while Giant certainly is not, I agree.
But still that what Nad said

stays, I think.

I agree with your initial statements, but...

well, to be blunt, this is his job. As the FAQ says, he quit his day job a while ago to do this full-time. Sure, the strips may take longer... but even assuming that the time required to do a strip doubles, that's 4-6 hours per strip, at three strips a week, for a total of a 12-18 hour work week for the guts of his buisness (and yes, I realize there's other aspects of his work to consider--working with publishers, writing Origin of PCs/Start of Darkness, doing technical stuff on the website--but OotS is the main draw... no pun intended).

I've been tempted to post about this for weeks, because almost every strip in the past few weeks has been late, and one or two haven't shown up at all. Ultimately, it doesn't really hurt me to have to wait--I'll still read the strip, since it's on my bookmarks bar, and it -is- just entertainment. All the same, I feel a lot better about spending money to support an artist whose commitment to his work shows in his reliability than one who treats deadlines as guidelines, at best.

At any rate--I'd certainly be interested in seeing how the Giant does his stuff, but not at the expense of keeping the strip going.

Rambi
2007-07-05, 08:00 PM
Yeah, now i'm curious how he does it too. Or really what it looks like.

Nad
2007-07-05, 08:28 PM
that's 4-6 hours per strip, at three strips a week, for a total of a 12-18 hour work week for the guts of his buisness (and yes, I realize there's other aspects of his work to consider--working with publishers, writing Origin of PCs/Start of Darkness, doing technical stuff on the website--but OotS is the main draw... no pun intended).

A little slack is due since it was the 4th and everyone was wishing America happy birthday. Now mind you I'm freaking drooling for the next couple OOTS and I can't wait to see what Parson does in Erf but at the same time I hope Jamie and Rob got corn stuck in their teeth and Rich had foam from a beer in his goatee.

How about a compromise, to make up for the late comic, we get to see one being made! Sounds like a good deal to me! :smallbiggrin:

Kreistor
2007-07-05, 09:15 PM
You know, if someone were interested in this sort of thing, what they ought to do is offer to set the Giant up to perform it, so that all the Giant has to do is sit and do what he always does. Asking him to do all the work required to get this done is, well, kind of presumptuous. Instead of asking if he would do it, aask if he would let you film him while he does it. You might get a more positive response.

Tomada
2007-07-05, 10:11 PM
I agree with your initial statements, but...

well, to be blunt, this is his job. As the FAQ says, he quit his day job a while ago to do this full-time. Sure, the strips may take longer... but even assuming that the time required to do a strip doubles, that's 4-6 hours per strip, at three strips a week, for a total of a 12-18 hour work week for the guts of his buisness (and yes, I realize there's other aspects of his work to consider--working with publishers, writing Origin of PCs/Start of Darkness, doing technical stuff on the website--but OotS is the main draw... no pun intended).

I've been tempted to post about this for weeks, because almost every strip in the past few weeks has been late, and one or two haven't shown up at all. Ultimately, it doesn't really hurt me to have to wait--I'll still read the strip, since it's on my bookmarks bar, and it -is- just entertainment. All the same, I feel a lot better about spending money to support an artist whose commitment to his work shows in his reliability than one who treats deadlines as guidelines, at best.

At any rate--I'd certainly be interested in seeing how the Giant does his stuff, but not at the expense of keeping the strip going.

I suggest you start reading this: http://goblinscomic.com/

You will soon realize that the Giant is one of the best when it comes to late comics

basilisk 89
2007-07-05, 10:13 PM
Yes, I too am intrigued in watching the fine creator of this even finer webcomic at work. I congratulate the OP on a such a splendid use of thought, and my only regret is that I did not come up with the elaborate request at hand. I myself am a comic designer, and have been for the past year or so. It was would be most fascinating to see how one such as The Giant gets his master pieces onto this contraption crudely know as the "computer", and were I to learn to post up here, I would most certainly reformat my books and bring them to this wonderful community, to share and be offered critique. [/:vaarsuvius:]

Hecks yeah, that'd be great. I've been wanting to see how he does it, so I could upload mine...namely, I am curious as to what program he uses, and the finer details about it.

Fillbert
2007-07-05, 10:25 PM

Here Here!! I agree with that. Don't get me wrong, we are eternally grateful for the Giant's work, but if you post a schedule, please stick to the schedule. I don't think Erfworld has been on time since sometime in April or May... :smallfrown:

Gefangnis
2007-07-05, 11:21 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me.

Gefangnis
2007-07-05, 11:27 PM

Then the comics would come Wednesday-Friday-Sunday! =)

Seriously, it's free. Cut the giant some slack.

Nad
2007-07-05, 11:30 PM
Method to do all of this:

http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp

CindyKay
2007-07-06, 12:11 AM
I hate to be the only naysayer thus far, but even if Rich decided to post a video of his artistic process on YouTube I wouldn't watch it. I guess I like the idea of giving an artist some privacy and an opportunity to work at his own pace.

There's enough pressure in trying to get a project done by a deadline without adding to that pressure by having to perform for a camera while trying to work. If some cartoonists felt like posting their process voluntarily, that's their decision. But I don't want to be part of pressuring Rich to do so.

Dugray
2007-07-06, 12:28 AM
Then the comics would come Wednesday-Friday-Sunday! =)

Seriously, it's free. Cut the giant some slack.

I guess you weren't around in 2004 when the Giant implored us, nay, begged us to pre-order the first book so that he could quit his fiendishly evil day job and provide us with 3 updates a week which would become his new Job . If I showed up late as often as Rich's comic (Which became his job) is I'd have been fired eons ago.

factotum
2007-07-06, 12:54 AM
Here Here!! I agree with that. Don't get me wrong, we are eternally grateful for the Giant's work, but if you post a schedule, please stick to the schedule. I don't think Erfworld has been on time since sometime in April or May... :smallfrown:

Eh? What are you on about? I can only think of two Erfworld strips that have been late over that period, and one of those was the Giant's fault for not uploading it!

Gefangnis
2007-07-06, 12:55 AM
I guess you weren't around in 2004 when the Giant implored us, nay, begged us to pre-order the first book so that he could quit his fiendishly evil day job and provide us with 3 updates a week which would become his new Job . If I showed up late as often as Rich's comic (Which became his job) is I'd have been fired eons ago.

Actually, I was.

And Rich always finishes his books on time, because we pay for them. We don't pay for the daily strips, and thus have no reason to complain when he doesn't get them to us on time.

Edit: Lemme rephrase my argument a little. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I remember, back in 2004, Rich made money from advertising on the comic page and from the Paypal donation button on the sidebar. He then started selling books (and now, the adventure game) to make money. You can make the argument that by not posting the strips on time, he's losing customers, but whether or not you think that's true (which I don't - don't you still read the comic?) that's his problem and not yours. You're not his boss. I don't see the connection you're making between a regular day job and being a free webcomic artist. By 'being fired eons ago', do you mean his readers would fire him from making OOTS?

Thunt
2007-07-06, 02:53 AM
Let's not forget that Rich is doing mutliple jobs in creating this comic. A company like Marvel or DC will usually have one person to write, another to pencil, another to ink, then someone to colour, etc. and after all of that, they still (usually) put out less than thirty pages per month. Rich is doing it all as well as managing the sales of merchandise and handling the website. He's got a full plate.

He's not late because he wants to be or because he doesn't care about OotS or its readers. He's late because it's not possible to be on time that day.

slipper
2007-07-06, 03:27 AM
Rich barely has enough time to complete his comics on time (since he is often preoccupied by overrated concepts like "life"), he won't spend the time to videotape himself and edit out bathroom breaks and such.

slipper
2007-07-06, 03:29 AM
Let's not forget that Rich is doing mutliple jobs in creating this comic. A company like Marvel or DC will usually have one person to write, another to pencil, another to ink, then someone to colour, etc. and after all of that, they still (usually) put out less than thirty pages per month. Rich is doing it all as well as managing the sales of merchandise and handling the website. He's got a full plate.

He's not late because he wants to be or because he doesn't care about OotS or its readers. He's late because it's not possible to be on time that day.

Oh, and they might have multiple people working on a real comic but this is a webcomic... a lot less work.

Tharr
2007-07-06, 03:32 AM
The news is due to high temperatures he does it all naked.
Like now do you guys want some film.

Twilight Jack
2007-07-06, 10:34 AM
Oh, and they might have multiple people working on a real comic but this is a webcomic... a lot less work.

Oh? Please direct us to your own webcomic's site, then.

Since you don't know the man's process, it seems a bit disingenuous of you to point out how much/little work it is.

Simply put, you don't know.

Draz74
2007-07-06, 10:50 AM

Somebody has gotten awfully spoiled.

Yes, the punctuality has been bad for the last month or so, but IMHO that's just making up for the way that the comic was amazingly punctual (and even early for a couple weeks!) for several months before that.

That just doesn't happen with webcomics.

If you're really a long-time reader of the strip, you should know that. It's generally not on time. At least, not more than two out of three times.

And drawing a comparison with when you show up at work is poor. For all we know, Rich starts working every comic day at 8:00 AM sharp, with better punctuality than you. That's different than when he gets done with a project, which people in corporate settings are late on all the time without getting fired.

Twilight Jack
2007-07-06, 11:15 AM

The raw sense of entitlement around here amazes me. Have you ever actually embarked on an extended creative endeavor? Have you any conception of the process? Or per-maybe-haps you think that every element of this plot springs fully-formed from the head of Rich like Pallas Athena.

No, creative endeavors take time. There's far more to it than simply firing up the ol' computer and arranging the graphics. You've got to write the damn thing, and it has to be funny and original and advance the plot without trampling earlier continuity. Since nearly every episode needs to exist in a form that can be enjoyed on its own (a plot and punchline for every comic), there also needs to be a theme--a reason for that particular comic to exist. In the meantime, incidental information needs to be passed on to the reader at the proper pace and info that is not of sufficient current significance to justify an entire comic of its own must be carefully placed in such a way as to convey such information without derailing the point of the episode as a whole. This means foresight, plot-arc outlines, first drafts, rewrites, and rather copious notes. Oh and by the way, as the plot progresses and gains depth, this process grows harder not easier. Rich goes through this process three times a week, before he ever gets around to opening Adobe Illustrator (or whatever program he uses) and even beginning to lay the comic down in a visual form. Also note that, given the fanbase's tendency to obsessively analyze every tiny detail, Rich has to go over both his script and his comic to ensure that he's not giving away too much information, or information inconsistent with information given away earlier.

Throw on top of that the fact that the simplest of physical ailments can impede the creative process mightily, as the body diverts resources away from idle brain function, and Rich's continuance to update with the regularity and quality he mananges is rather Herculean.

Name another webcartoonist who puts out full page updates of this consistent quality and detail with this sort of regularity. I can only think of two, and both of them use far fewer panels per comic, which makes far more difference in the amount of time invested in a comic than its actual size.

Baalzebub
2007-07-06, 11:39 AM
I agree, please Rich, give us a video!!

skywalker
2007-07-06, 12:40 PM
Throw on top of that the fact that the simplest of physical ailments can impede the creative process mightily, as the body diverts resources away from idle brain function, and Rich's continuance to update with the regularity and quality he mananges is rather Herculean.

The simplest of physical ailments? What, like a cold can keep you from writing? I heartily disagree with this sentiment. Everyone works through colds, the giant isn't special because he does. The primary point people are making here is that most webcomic authors have another job that makes them money, the webcomic is just a hobby that might produce bonus income. Whereas, the giant's primary job is writing this comic. Saying things like "Well, life gets in the way," don't apply to jobs. They apply to hobbies, which is why they're a perfect excuse for webcomic authors whose comic is a hobby. But this is not just a hobby, you see? Life doesn't get in the way of your job. If it does, you get fired. Yes, lots of *hobby* webcomics are late, but *job* webcomics are most often not. Take a look at the penny arcade guys(who are almost never late), no, their strips are not as long, but the artwork is of a much higher quality(and I don't think the giant would take offense at me saying that) and they're randomly funny. Contrary to popular belief, if done right, it is a hell of a lot easier to write a plotted story than it is to write "current events comedy." So these people who criticize have a point.

However, I also feel that you are on the man's own forums, a space he payed for, tantamount to denouncing him in his own home. I think banning those who criticize the giant on his own forums is perfectly acceptable, he is paying for the space. As well, just a little bit of patience, it was the fourth(which everyone takes off) and it appears as though the Giant has been suffering with some continued/chronic/won't-go-away illness for a while. If he wasn't sick, then perhaps he's been outside enjoying the weather, and getting in later. One of the plusses of being a (I hope)successful artist is the ability to say, oh, I won't do one today, I just don't feel like it.(theoretically, you get some done in advance so one doesn't turn up missing, but I think we all can see how that might get mixed up).

One thing that I would like to see, this is my "hey giant," is updates. Not comics, but just a post, saying "hey, I'm here and I'm alive, just sick" or "hey, no comic on the 4th because I'm a normal American" instead of just leaving us hanging. Because some of us were geniunely scared you had died when we signed the big "e-card."

Nad
2007-07-06, 02:10 PM

Hey Thunt,

While you're here, will you do a video of you and Danielle doing a Goblins?

Also, please never have a goblin named Nad, his backstory on his name would be horrible! :smalleek:

Twilight Jack
2007-07-06, 02:28 PM
The simplest of physical ailments? What, like a cold can keep you from writing? I heartily disagree with this sentiment. Everyone works through colds, the giant isn't special because he does. The primary point people are making here is that most webcomic authors have another job that makes them money, the webcomic is just a hobby that might produce bonus income. Whereas, the giant's primary job is writing this comic. Saying things like "Well, life gets in the way," don't apply to jobs. They apply to hobbies, which is why they're a perfect excuse for webcomic authors whose comic is a hobby. But this is not just a hobby, you see? Life doesn't get in the way of your job. If it does, you get fired. Yes, lots of *hobby* webcomics are late, but *job* webcomics are most often not. Take a look at the penny arcade guys(who are almost never late), no, their strips are not as long, but the artwork is of a much higher quality(and I don't think the giant would take offense at me saying that) and they're randomly funny. Contrary to popular belief, if done right, it is a hell of a lot easier to write a plotted story than it is to write "current events comedy." So these people who criticize have a point.

However, I also feel that you are on the man's own forums, a space he payed for, tantamount to denouncing him in his own home. I think banning those who criticize the giant on his own forums is perfectly acceptable, he is paying for the space. As well, just a little bit of patience, it was the fourth(which everyone takes off) and it appears as though the Giant has been suffering with some continued/chronic/won't-go-away illness for a while. If he wasn't sick, then perhaps he's been outside enjoying the weather, and getting in later. One of the plusses of being a (I hope)successful artist is the ability to say, oh, I won't do one today, I just don't feel like it.(theoretically, you get some done in advance so one doesn't turn up missing, but I think we all can see how that might get mixed up).

One thing that I would like to see, this is my "hey giant," is updates. Not comics, but just a post, saying "hey, I'm here and I'm alive, just sick" or "hey, no comic on the 4th because I'm a normal American" instead of just leaving us hanging. Because some of us were geniunely scared you had died when we signed the big "e-card."

I didn't say that a cold can keep you from writing, but something so simple as a decent fever can keep you from writing particularly well. And since I'd prefer a well-considered and well-edited comic a few days late to a poorly dashed off comic right on time, I stand by my statement. Since Rich has not been forthcoming on the precise nature of his physical woes (his inalienable right) yet we know that those woes have delayed the completion of the comic, I'd say it's fair to assume that there is an effect on his writing over which he has no control that comes with his ailments.

I love the Penny Arcade guys, but I'd like to point a few things out about their almost-never-late comic. #1 Almost no plot continuity to worry about. Penny Arcade is pretty gag-a-day and therefore doesn't require the kind of notetaking and fact-checking I've referenced. Also, the shorter format means they only need to be funny once. Giant needs multiple gags plus plot continuity every strip. #2 The art isn't superior. It's fairly clean, fairly simple, and fairly good. They don't exactly take any risks with their presentation. From a standpoint of relative artistic merit, I'd hand the belt to Rich in that particular matchup. #3 Three to four panels per update. #4 The Penny Arcade guys. Guys in the plural. That means twice the amount of work can be done in the same amount of time it would take a single person.

Finally, about this whole "it's Rich's job" thing: when a person working a job gets sick, they take time off. If it's a chronic difficulty of sufficient seriousness, they take a leave of absence. By your rationale, Giant shouldn't have to update this comic at all while he works through his health issues, assuming they're as serious as they sound. Furthermore, did you go to work on the 4th of July? I didn't. It's a holiday, and I took the day off. It looks like Rich decided not to work on a national holiday either. Furthermore, I know that I didn't have to call my office and tell them I wouldn't be in on the 4th. It was assumed. Give the man the benefit of the doubt here.

Regneva
2007-07-06, 03:03 PM
1. PLEASE don't! Don't you dire parasitic weasels turn this thread into another "Why are strips late? Is the giant justified" thread! DON'T!!

2. I wholeheartedly like the idea of watching giant doing what he does best on YouTube.

3. YouTube DOES support videos more than 10mins

4. The giant DOESN'T NEED to "set up" and "edit" for the shot, You don't use a camera for getting screen vids. None of those fast drawing videos are done that way.

5. As good as the idea might be, The giant always struck me as the type of guy who'd find this to be an invasion of his privacy. He has always been strict about copying and sharing his work (I think, and I agree with him)

I don't know, watching how he places the characters from his stored library of possés or how he colours his scenes with gradient would spoil the work (maybe). But I'd still like it to happen!

Scarab83
2007-07-06, 03:08 PM

Good thing Erfworld isn't funny. Otherwise, people might be upset.

psychoticbarber
2007-07-06, 03:18 PM
For the people who are complaining about his updates, I have a couple possible solutions for you.

I use an RSS reader to tell me when the comic updates. Once I added the feed, I didn't worry about whether or not the comic came out on time: When it comes out, I know.

If it really bothers you, you can always vote with your feet. Nobody is forcing you to read this comic, and if you're serious about trying to make a difference, don't be a customer anymore.

rashambo
2007-07-06, 03:19 PM

Tell you what, YOU make a great comic like OOTS and put it up for us while we're waiting for rich. Sound good?

Cantryboy
2007-07-06, 11:08 PM
Here is one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnScPqyKVz4

:smallcool: