PDA

View Full Version : Lu! Cha! Li! Bre!

Gildedragon
2016-08-08, 06:01 PM
It is almost unbearably hot in the bowels of the Great Pancration of Alarcont as you wait to be called to the sandy arena above. You're pretty sure the great, tiled, stone columns are sweating at least as bad as you are.
Your manager, trainer, mentor, and friend, Mad Dog, is running around, making sure you all have enough water (but not too much) for your upcomming match, bossing the apprentices massaging you to prep you well: rub the glittering lotions in your skin, get you ready for your 2 on 2 fights. "It's boom or bust" he explained earlier: win enough fights, or enough favor with the crowds, over the next two weeks and you will have Fame seeping out of your pores, and gold too (after Mad Dog pays off the lenders he borrowed your inscription fee from).
"It was borrowing gold or putting your masks on the line" he explained; "You're too young to risk unmasking"
So there you are, waiting to be called upstairs, see if you make it to fight another day at the Great Kordaellia.

digiman619
2016-08-08, 10:51 PM
Antonio (or rather El Fraccion) was a curious mix of nervousness and excitement. When he was a boy, he had been here in the audience, cheering the masked combatants as they worked their magic on the crowd (though the magic was usually metaphorical, actual mystical skill was still on display from time to time). Now, here he was, about to set foot on that grand stage and take his place among the greats. He hadn't always gotten along with Infinitas Mascaras, as he felt that the mask and what it represented was the ultimate expression of one's self, and an inherited gimmick wasn't true. Thankfully, Mad Dog had nipped that feeling in the bud and forced him to work with Mascaras in order to get over it. While he still felt that the mask was a true version of the self, Mascaras proved that legacy had its place too and they hadn't had problems since. Now it seemed fortunate that he had, as the two of them were now teaming up for glory, honor, and chance to prove that he belonged here.

If you have a problem that my character used to dislike you but got over it, let me know and I'll change it.

Rokku
2016-08-08, 10:53 PM
Elysiana grins beneath her mask.

"We'll be fine, maestro Mad Dog, as long as this one can keep his cool," she playfully punches El Leon in the shoulder, "Right amigo?"

DoctorFaust
2016-08-10, 12:44 AM
Fin, ever serious on the day of a fight, spends most of the morning alone. The art of lucha libre has always been a spiritual one to him because of his upbringing, and especially on days as important as today, there are rituals he must observe. Even so, an hour before the appointed time, Infinitas Mascaras is in the ready room with all the rest of the hopefuls, warming up for the big fight and smelling vaguely of incense.

I've not got anything against it.

SwordChucks
2016-08-10, 05:55 PM
El Leon winces dramatically.

"Oh no Mad Dog, you trained her too well. There'll be nothing left for me to do." he says grinning.

Gildedragon
2016-08-14, 02:23 PM
"Don't worry" answers Mad Dog. "It is two on two after all... And if I remember the roster correctly, you four ought be getting ready to head to the arena"

As you walk up the winding sloping tunnel leading to the arena itself, heartbeat pounding in your ears, you hear yourselves be called out. "LA-DIES AND GENTLEFOLK! ON THE BLUE SIDE! FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THIS A-RENA!

The Daughter of Cayden and the Grappling Knight of Righteousness: ELYSIANNA AND EL LEON! LOS CELESTIALES!
The Mask of MA-NY Faces and the Man of MA-NY Sizes: El INFINITAS MASCARAS AND EL FRACCION! LOS METAMORFICOS!

The crowd cheers wildly as you step out the blue bannered archway. The sun shines brightly down onto the arena, the white sand almost blinding, the crowd almost indistinguishable. At the center of the stadium a large canvas-covered plataform has been raised; silk ropes ring it, and Kord's holy symbol embroidered in its center. Muscled priests of the god stand near the arena, dressed in their ceremonial raiment, stripes of paint running down their torsos. They are there to arbitrate the match. Their persons are sacrosanct, and their rulings final.

The announcer, their voice echoing throughout the arena (either through clever acoustics and good vocal power, or magic), continues:
"TO-DAY THEY WILL BE FACING! FIRST TIME KORDALLIANS! CHAMPIONS IN THEIR OWN LAND! ON THE RED SIDE! GIVE A CHEER FOR!

The Perfection of Chaos and The Cunning Priest; LA FURIA AND PRIESTICION: LOS MONJES LOCOS!
The Rock Solid Pint Sized Behemoth, and The Fire from the Mountain! EL MINERO y DRAKONNIKA: LOS IGNEOS!

From the opposite end of the arena two contestants walk out, draped in red.

A hooded gnome and a hulking half orc, their outfits evocative of the sashes and bandages of monastic sects. Tattooed on their bodies are various patterns that look like text & a holy symbol adorns each of their masks.
A dwarf covered in crystals and a bronze kilt steps onto the sand side by side a hulking woman covered in scales, her features are decidedly reptilian and her cloak looks almost organic.

"THE RULES ARE SIMPLE! TO WIN, A TEAM MUST SIMPLY DEFEAT THE OTHER IN TWO OUT OF THREE BOUTS, BY EXPELLING THE OPPOSING TEAM FROM THE RING, PINNING FOR THREE ROUNDS, OR KNOCKOUT! LETHAL DAMAGE, ABILITY DAMAGE, PULLING AN OPPONENT'S MASK OR OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE IS NOT ALLOWED! AS ALWAYS, WE START AT THE RING OF THE BELL!"

(attacks to the referees are not allowed either and might result in you getting kicked out of the arena)

There is a small lull to let you pull off some flair to try to rile up the crowd and gain their favor.

The half orc, LA FURIA, lets out a massive ROAR, the veins in his body popping; while LA PRIESTICION performs a series of acrobatic tumbles.
The Dwarf, El MINERO, pulls thumps his chest and suddenly his body is wreathed in flames that spread like oil over him, heating his kilt to a dull red. Meanwhile DRAKONNIKA seems to shuck her cloak as it unfolds into a pair of dragon wings with a sequined leotard underneath.

As both the reds and blues finish their introduction, the bell rings.

SwordChucks
2016-08-14, 03:46 PM
El Leon does a running dive between the second and third ropes before rolling to his feet. He beings to flex in various body building poses.

Esteban whispers to Elysiana when he sees their opponents enter the ring:"I'd tell you I'll take the ugly one, but that wouldn't be much help. So I'll take the big one."

[roll0]

If within 10 ft of Esteban, Elysiana get +4 to saves vs fear.

DoctorFaust
2016-08-14, 04:52 PM
Fin throws back his head and lets loose a demonic roar before stepping back besides El Fraccion to whisper, "Do you want Minero or Drakonnika?"

Initiative:[roll0]

PC Check: [roll1]

digiman619
2016-08-14, 10:22 PM
Fraccion begins to pose, fortifying himself for the upcoming match. I've got the scaly one. I've got something planned if she gets too high...

Initiative check: [roll0]
I spend a spell point (12 left) to give myself the Armored Magic aegis through the Protection sphere; +3 armor bonus; (so my AC 25; 10 +4 (dex) + 1 (size) +1 (Amulet of Natural Armor) + 1 (Ring of Protection) +5 (Lucha's Cha bonus +1) +3 (this aegis)) lasts 4 hours. If/when I go Large, I my AC will drop to 23 (+1 for small swapped with a -1 for Large)

digiman619
2016-08-14, 11:50 PM
Fraccion begins to pose, fortifying himself for the upcoming match. I've got the scaly one. I've got something planned if she gets too high...

Initiative check: [roll0]
I spend a spell point (12 left) to give myself the Armored Magic aegis through the Protection sphere; +3 armor bonus; (so my AC 25; 10 +4 (dex) + 1 (size) +1 (Amulet of Natural Armor) + 1 (Ring of Protection) +5 (Lucha's Cha bonus +1) +3 (this aegis)) lasts 4 hours. If/when I go Large, I my AC will drop to 23 (+1 for small swapped with a -1 for Large)

Forgot my performance check... probably should have put ranks in Perform rather than Stealth. (Let's just say it's force of habit...) [roll0]

Rokku
2016-08-15, 01:09 AM
Esteban whispers to Elysiana when he sees their opponents enter the ring:"I'd tell you I'll take the ugly one, but that wouldn't be much help. So I'll take the big one."

"If that's how you want it hermano, he's all yours."

Elysiana darts out of the tunnel and down to the ring, not slowing down until she's ascended one of the ringposts and thrown her arms wide to soak in the cheers of the crowd. She dismounts the post via front flip into the ring, landing in a low crouch with one leg outstretched and one hand on the canvas. She holds the pose long enough for the crowd to admire it before springing up to her feet, ready to fight.

Elysiana starts in the Silver Crane Waltz stance, giving her +4 initiative, +2 AC, and +2 Reflex. Initiative [roll0] Performance [roll1]

Gildedragon
2016-08-15, 06:48 PM
The bell is no dulcet or dainty thing, but a massive brass disk struck with a massive leatherbound mace. The bell rings its clammor, and the battle starts. You can feel the enthusiasm of the crowd sweep over you, and you can tell your foes feel it too. They look invigotated and ready to fight. The end prize is big, and the glory is vast, and you can feel your mentor's proud eyes on you.

"AND THEY'RE OFF!" calls the announcer as the combat is engaged.

digiman619
2016-08-15, 08:23 PM
El Fraccion does a series of front-flips culminating in in a devastating dropkick to Drakonnika's knees.
Making a charge, as it'd take too long to transform enough to get Pounce. My AC will drop to 23 until my next turn.
Attack:[roll0]; Confirm if needed: [roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

EDIT: Well, if I'm going to roll a 1 and a 20, I definitely prefer the 1 is on the confirmation roll. ^_~

Oh, for future reference, since Acrobatics can be used to tumble in lieu of a Perform check, can doing such tumbling be used for a Performance combat checks?

DoctorFaust
2016-08-15, 09:45 PM
"I guess I get the one that's on fire," Finn says with a sigh. When the bell rings, he charges the flaming dwarf and throws himself into a flying kick aimed at his opponent's head.

Attack:[roll0]

Nonlethal Damage:[roll1]
[roll2]

Gildedragon
2016-08-18, 07:55 PM
Los Monjes
Los Igneos

Los monjes seem to size down their opponents. El Leon and La Furia make eye contact, and the latter lets out a stupendous roar, veins bulging all over his body as his eyes go white. He charges at El Leon. His fists repeatedly slam into his foe's shining armor. The frothing at the mouth orc's fists wail upon the metal and the paladinic wrestler.

His companion takes a more measured approach. He looks up at Elysiana and plants himself firmly on the floor, ready for her attack
Drakonnika is briefly dazed by the staggering impact El Fraccion has dealt her. Her arms close around El Fraccion, her wings beating frantically as she readies to take off. "How about a little flight, chiquito" she taunts the halfling in her arms. With her enormous build, Drakonnika seems sure to hold onto El Fraccion.

Meanwhile El Minero reaches out to grab El Infinitas Mascaras foot, as if to trip the masked luchador. But the blazing dwarf lets out a massive grunt and swings his foe around, tossing him towards the ropes with a shout "TIIIIIRO FA-TAL!". For a moment it seems El Infinitas Mascaras will be tossed out of the ring within moments of the battle having started, but as he flies the ropes seem almost in his grasp, will he catch them?!

Rokku
2016-08-18, 09:17 PM
Elysiana rapidly closes on La Priesticion, throwing probing strikes to test her smaller opponent.

Elysiana attacks with Flurry Strike, so two attacks. Attacks: [roll0], [roll1] Damage: [roll2][roll3], [roll4][roll5] If he makes an attack that hits her, she will counter it with Sun Dips Low (acrobatics vs attack roll, beating the attack roll negates the attack).

SwordChucks
2016-08-18, 11:32 PM
Esteban cracks his knuckles before roaring back at La Furia. He lets loose with a torrent of punches at the orc's mid-section.

Swift: Bronze Knuckle - +2d6 on each unarmed strike, attacks ignore DR

Standard: Steel Flurry Strike - 3 unarmed strikes at full BAB with -2 to hit and +3d6 per hit.

Attack 1: [roll0], Damage 1:[roll1]+[roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3], Damage 2:[roll4]+[roll5]
Attack 3: [roll6], Damage 3:[roll7]+[roll8]
Note: I'm pretty sure Battle Dragon's Stance doesn't apply here because I'm not technically attacking with two weapons and I get +2 to damage per hit because I'm using broken blade weapons.

Move: Tactical Presence - Rallying: +4 to allies' will saves vs fear, compulsion, and death effects.

digiman619
2016-08-19, 01:06 AM
Not wanting to dragged airborne, El Fraccion tries to break free of the grapple

Making my Escape artist check to break free; I get +13 on my Escape Artist check, +1 from my Armbands of the Brawler [roll0]

Unfortunately, his captor had a firmer grasp than he anticipated; this was going to be difficult...