PDA

View Full Version : Attempting to create rules for traction

Orion Hamby
2016-08-09, 07:53 PM
Hello, two things. I am trying to make traction rules, I was thinking something like charging causes you to slide x amount of feet based upon your traction. The second thing is, for those of you versed in competitive super smash bros melee, trying to create wavedashing. I was thinking based of an acrobatics check. Could y'all help me out

Big Fau
2016-08-09, 10:01 PM
Hello, two things. I am trying to make traction rules, I was thinking something like charging causes you to slide x amount of feet based upon your traction. The second thing is, for those of you versed in competitive super smash bros melee, trying to create wavedashing. I was thinking based of an acrobatics check. Could y'all help me out

There's a Psionic power that emulates traction (Skate), and Wavedashing can be mimicked via Tumble+Swift action movement (obtainable via Travel Devotion or ToB maneuvers).

Orion Hamby
2016-08-09, 10:32 PM
There's a Psionic power that emulates traction (Skate), and Wavedashing can be mimicked via Tumble+Swift action movement (obtainable via Travel Devotion or ToB maneuvers).

Oh yeah skate could totally work, thanks. And I like your other idea as well. If anyone else has any ideas I'd love to hear them

Troacctid
2016-08-09, 11:26 PM
As the rules stand, charging over a slippery surface is impossible unless you can succeed on a Balance check to avoid slipping. So traction isn't an issue—either you can avoid slipping or you can't charge at all. Which makes sense—if your traction is so poor that you'd slide at the end of your charge, it should also be poor enough that you'd slip and fall on your face at the start of your charge before you can build up momentum.

Orion Hamby
2016-08-09, 11:29 PM
As the rules stand, charging over a slippery surface is impossible unless you can succeed on a Balance check to avoid slipping. So traction isn't an issue—either you can avoid slipping or you can't charge at all. Which makes sense—if your traction is so poor that you'd slide at the end of your charge, it should also be poor enough that you'd slip and fall on your face at the start of your charge before you can build up momentum.

Ehh, true. I just like the idea of a sliding character...basically I main Luigi if you know anything about competitive melee...if not look it up it's such fun and I want to figure out how to do it in pathfinder, oh well