PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next [5e] Allomancy

EarlGreystoke
2016-08-09, 09:03 PM
Hey guys!

I know this has been done before, but.. I've been tinkering with a take on Allomancy in 5e and could really use some feedback!

Note: potential spoilers for those who haven't read Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series.
Side note: Why haven't you read Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series?!

This is an addition on a partially completed document that I had found a while ago, and have since lost the original link. Will update/edit with the original link if I can find it again. If anyone has the original, feel free to post!

I tried to make each pair as close to a mirror image of each other as I could, while maintaining a distinction from and cohesion with the rest of the system. A few of the subclasses are somewhat 'more powerful' than others, though I think this is mostly due to the inherent balance of metals (though I did try to balance them all as best I could). Also, had to fudge a bit of the mythos to make a couple of the subclasses useful balanced/interesting.

Without further ado: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BPFmCW7FHb5a3tObuYrlRBb9Ef0xwtUygcDShjJA3Wg/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you guys in advance!
-Grey

EarlGreystoke
2016-08-10, 11:28 AM
Also, this is meant to be geared more toward individual Mistings, as opposed to a full Mistborn. I've seen a few classes which outline Mistborn abilities, but haven't seen any which detail Misting abilities.