PDA

View Full Version : C'Mon On, Let's Play! (Come Vote for which game(s) gets a Let's Play Thread)

russdm
2016-08-10, 12:18 AM
So, I have a few games, and was wondering which of them would be best and desired for a Let's Play, while trying to get screenshots made and saved. I have never done it before really, but still want to try. So what should be the first one? I am going to talk about feelings/thoughts/impressions about the game. I do have a preference towards Star Wars, RPGs, and having more fun than doing anything major to win. (Having fun is really important, but strategy games like StarCraft have good methods to employ)

Games I have available immediately:
Fallout 1-don't know what I am doing
StarCraft with Brood War (plus the complete scavengers stuff with Ulreja-guy and Alan Schezer guy, also have the Demo too)
Civilization 2-Which I am really lousy at
Knights of the Old Republic 1 (it works!) [Have a few mods: One for adding in lightsaber styles from game two; one for female revan and bastila romance with enhanced flirting for females ( I think); one about giving a better force power feat gains; Jedi from the start; all jedi party)] [Have a mod to start game as Jedi, and another for having entire party as Jedi except droids and maybe Canderous?? not be Jedi. Results in Carth having only 4 Force points or something, which is hilarious; the mod makes some interesting Jedi class choices for Characters]
Knights of the Old Republic 2 With Restored Content Mod (After installing it, now there is a big white box on the title screen where the name of the game should be. Also, saves work still [Have a mod for no clothes for females, but won't be using it; just felt like mentioning]
Star Wars Empire at War (which actually runs on the computer I am using while oddly my CK 2 demo doesn't)
Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil [have nothing special for TOEE, though I tried to get the Co8 expanded material for it, just have vanilla game] with Circle of 8's Keep on the Borderlands Mod [I have portrait packs the mod giving portraits from Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and another pack which has NSFHere so I won't be using it; you will need to say which pack or none to use if you choose this one]-Which I don't know what I am really supposed to doing
Age of Empire 1 with Rome Expansion
Star Trek: Next Generation: Birth of the Federation
Star Wars: Rebellion-Also lousy at it, but still willing to muck around

What I need from you play-grounders is a vote of which one you want to see, also what mods to employ for the game, and I will try to make an interesting Let's Play. Voting opens now until Thursday at 3:45 PM or whichever game acquires 9 votes first to get going faster.

(Also, the best ways to get screenshots to put into Imgur [Image hosting site-it's free, but if you know of a better free one to use, then I am willing to look into] folders to link here would be great [I know about doing the "print screen" method, but it takes awhile and is long/annoying] and thanks)

Am planning to get started by the end of the week or start of next week with the Let's Play

rooster707
2016-08-10, 12:54 PM
I vote KotOR 2, since it's one of my favorite games ever. But you have to use the restored content mod.

russdm
2016-08-10, 02:16 PM
I vote KotOR 2, since it's one of my favorite games ever. But you have to use the restored content mod.

So the Kotor I have works. I have Kotor 2 from the DVD collection (A bundle with both games Link (https://www.amazon.com/Star-Knights-Republic-Collection-Bundle-Pc/dp/B00784HHUM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8), and it has replaying save game issues. That I need to figure out how to fix. But I have the Restored Content Mod. The save game issue is where you select to play a load game, the bottom of the screen goes all crazy. Not sure how to fix it exactly. Plus I think I need to see if Kotor 2 will run, and that I can load up a saved game, otherwise I won't be able to do Kotor 2 with restored content mod.

Update: So no issues loaded saves for Kotor 2 so far. Will check with the restored content mod. Maybe the mod breaks the saving? Don't know.

Tested both games, and I have mods to play around with.

russdm
2016-08-10, 07:34 PM
Wow, only 1 vote, and more than 50 views? I must be seriously boring. Still trying to get the first update on Friday night or Saturday morning/afternoon.

Let's get those votes in!!!

ThePhantom
2016-08-10, 07:46 PM
I vote for Star Wars Rebellion.

CarpeGuitarrem
2016-08-10, 08:33 PM
I'd vote WC2 myself, although it can be a little light on story.

russdm
2016-08-10, 08:40 PM
Rebellion works, Don't have War 2 (I think it's on another computer and I might need to transfer it over here. Also have War 3 and expansion.

DodgerH2O
2016-08-10, 08:43 PM
I'll throw in another vote for KotOR 2 (Restored)

KillingAScarab
2016-08-10, 10:43 PM
I will request original Knights of the Old Republic. I can never have enough Jolee Bindo and HK-47 banter.

Temotei
2016-08-11, 03:43 AM
If I can vote for two, both KotORs. Otherwise, the second one.

fizzmaister
2016-08-11, 05:41 AM
My vote is for either Age of Empires or StatCraft (in order of preference).

Wookieetank
2016-08-11, 10:09 AM
I'll jump on the KotOR 1 bandwagon.

russdm
2016-08-11, 07:35 PM
3 for Knights of the Old Republic 2 with restored content mod
3 for Knights of the Old Republic 1, with possible mods
2 for Star Wars Rebellion
1 for Age of Empires or StarCraft

None clearly yet in the lead with a tie so I am pushing this until 1:45pm Friday.

Update: More votes, More People, I can't nearly everyone who has looked at this thread doesn't want to post a vote...

Regarding style: Should this be set as if in a Show of some kind (Option A), a listing or retelling of reports/diaries/historicaldocuments (Option B) or something completely different (Option C)?

160+ views, and small # of votes....

russdm
2016-08-12, 04:42 PM
So there is a TIE for two of the games. Things being what they are, I am going to let the matter sit until 5:25 pm today, at which point, if there is still a tie, both games will featured. In order or together (both at same time) will depend on what seems to work best.

After the choice is made, then views on how to make things run will probably be up, and I think I may start up a new thread for the playthroughs, or just use the same one here.

danzibr
2016-08-12, 05:24 PM
Whhhoooaaaa I might be a tie-breaker!

I vote KotOR, the original, with the understand that when you're done we'll see KotOR 2 ;)

I definitely want to see the mods you mentioned, at least some of them.

russdm
2016-08-12, 06:18 PM
Whhhoooaaaa I might be a tie-breaker!

I vote KotOR, the original, with the understand that when you're done we'll see KotOR 2 ;)

I definitely want to see the mods you mentioned, at least some of them.

The Jedi from the Start has you picking up a jedi class after getting the game start class (So you pick [soldier, scout, scoundrel] and get to select [guardian, sentinel, counselor(Sp?)] for a class. Then you just end up with the same class basically on Dantioone, don't pick anything differently I think.)

All Jedi Party changes out most of your party members to give them Force classes through than others, so Zaalbar/Canderous(think, not sure)/Mission/Carth each get to use the Force. Since Juhani, Bastila, Jolee have the Force they don't change, and neither HK or T3 can use the Force. The Mod makes some interesting decisions for what Jedi classes to hand out like making Carth a Counselor, with the other 3 getting classes too. It does mean that all of your party members that you would have stopped using are more likely to get used.

The Female Revan mod increases stuff and allows for a female revan/bastila romance. Just adds in material for being more flirty according to the readme.

Force forms adds in Force forms from Kotor 2

The Force feats I think changes how the Force classes get stuff, I think it is supposed to be for the first game. It could be for the second one, I would have to confirm. So the mod changes the rates at when Force classes get Force powers and is for the first game, I believe. It doesn't mention being for the second one.

Have the restored content for the second game, along with being to pick the handmaiden(Yawn) as female exile. I prefer Disciple, then maybe get his force abilities on, then just stick on the ship for the rest.

smuchmuch
2016-08-12, 06:24 PM
Seems this is heading for KOTOR.
Good game with very nice writting for sure but fairly linear as were most Bioware RPG , so I'll vote for Fallout 1 instead, simply because you seem not to know what's ahead if that 'don't know what I'm doing is any indication' and it's more open-ended (sortoff, at least in gameplay) and I'm kindof curious how you'll handle it.

Kitten Champion
2016-08-12, 06:26 PM
I vote for Temple of Elemental Evil. It's not a game I've played before and I'm kind of morbidly curious about it as a non-Bioware D&D RPG game.

russdm
2016-08-12, 06:43 PM
I vote for Temple of Elemental Evil. It's not a game I've played before and I'm kind of morbidly curious about it as a non-Bioware D&D RPG game.

Well, I have both ToEE, and a mod to play through Keep on the Borderlands in the ToEE Engine with a pair of portrait packs for characters.

so I'll vote for Fallout 1 instead, simply because you seem not to know what's ahead if that 'don't know what I'm doing is any indication' and it's more open-ended (sortoff, at least in gameplay) and I'm kindof curious how you'll handle it.

Just means that I have barely played the game and know little of the mechanics. I have read a let's play on the let's play archive site.

3 for Knights of the Old Republic 1, with possible mods (1 vote for both with preference towards 2)
1 for Fallout 1
1 for ToEE/KotB

None clearly yet in the lead with a tie so I am pushing this until 5:25pm Friday.

Update: More votes, More People, I can't nearly everyone who has looked at this thread doesn't want to post a vote...

DodgerH2O
2016-08-12, 08:36 PM
You can change your own thread title right? If so, maybe indicate you need more votes in the title field until it's conclusive then update with the name once a game's chosen. Might encourage more people to drop in for the purpose of choosing which game.

Dorath
2016-08-12, 09:05 PM
I love Fallout 1, so I vote for it.

russdm
2016-08-12, 09:53 PM
3 for Knights of the Old Republic 1, with possible mods (1 vote for both with preference towards 2)
2 for Fallout 1
1 for ToEE/KotB

So it is looking like a tie between the two Kotors. With the deadline ending at 8:30, then I will get something going for the chosen game(s) [If there is still a tie, then I might end up doing both games in order]

russdm
2016-08-12, 11:29 PM
Am Closing Voting at 1 AM Pacific Time. Whatever games have the most votes will get the Let's Play Thread.

russdm
2016-08-13, 02:06 PM
So, I have a few games, and was wondering which of them would be best and desired for a Let's Play, while trying to get screenshots made and saved. I have never done it before really, but still want to try. So what should be the first one? I am going to talk about feelings/thoughts/impressions about the game. I do have a preference towards Star Wars, RPGs, and having more fun than doing anything major to win. (Having fun is really important, but strategy games like StarCraft have good methods to employ)

Games Chosen by votes:
Knights of the Old Republic 1 (it works!) [Have a few mods: One for adding in lightsaber styles from game two; one for female revan and bastila romance with enhanced flirting for females ( I think); one about giving a better force power feat gains; Jedi from the start; all jedi party)] [Have a mod to start game as Jedi, and another for having entire party as Jedi except droids and maybe Canderous?? not be Jedi. Results in Carth having only 4 Force points or something, which is hilarious; the mod makes some interesting Jedi class choices for Characters]
Knights of the Old Republic 2 With Restored Content Mod

(Also, the best ways to get screenshots to put into Imgur [Image hosting site-it's free, but if you know of a better free one to use, then I am willing to look into] folders to link here would be great [I know about doing the "print screen" method, but it takes awhile and is long/annoying] and thanks)

Have the restored content for the second game, along with being to pick the handmaiden(Yawn) as female exile. I prefer Disciple, then maybe get his force abilities on, then just stick on the ship for the rest.

So based on votes, we are doing Both Knights of the Old Republic games. Since I have several Mods for the game, I need to know which of the following Mods to employ when playing, so PM your Vote of which ones to use, and after I get them, the Fun shall begin!!!

Mods)

1)The Jedi from the Start has you picking up a jedi class after getting the game start class (So you pick [soldier, scout, scoundrel] and get to select [guardian, sentinel, counselor(Sp?)] for a class. Then you just end up with the same class basically on Dantioone, don't pick anything differently I think.)

2)All Jedi Party changes out most of your party members to give them Force classes through than others, so Zaalbar/Canderous(think, not sure)/Mission/Carth each get to use the Force. Since Juhani, Bastila, Jolee have the Force they don't change, and neither HK or T3 can use the Force. The Mod makes some interesting decisions for what Jedi classes to hand out like making Carth a Counselor, with the other 3 getting classes too. It does mean that all of your party members that you would have stopped using are more likely to get used.

3)The Female Revan mod increases stuff and allows for a female revan/bastila romance. Just adds in material for being more flirty according to the readme.

4)Force forms adds in Force ightsaber forms from Kotor 2

5)The Force feats I think changes how the Force classes get stuff, I think it is supposed to be for the first game. It could be for the second one, I would have to confirm. So the mod changes the rates at when Force classes get Force powers and is for the first game, I believe. It doesn't mention being for the second one.

Also we will need to have votes Gender and Classes, Male/Female & Soldier/Scout/Scoundrel & For Jedi at start/Jedi Class (Guardian/Sentinel/Counselor); PM yours to me.

Or post the votes below.

Link to Let's Play Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?497455-Jedi-History-161-amp-171-(Let-s-Play-of-Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-1-amp-2)&p=21100369#post21100369)

siati
2016-08-21, 03:39 PM

I played this game a while ago.. It was a little difficult (the RNG didn't seem to like me), then it glitched and my save didn't work. :smallfrown: It was a nice game otherwise..