PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a D&D podcast (Updated!)

Kaje
2016-08-10, 01:39 AM
Does anyone know any D&D 3.x-focused podcasts by people who know what they're doing? With talk about optimization and building effective characters and such? I've tried listening to a few podcasts and it's always people who know less about D&D than me and probably have never cracked open a splatbook.

Hopeless
2016-08-10, 10:53 AM
DND 3.0 or 3.5?

Kaje
2016-08-10, 11:57 AM
Either I suppose

Legato Endless
2016-08-12, 12:00 AM
Tragically the vast majority of DnD podcasting is either drunken audio campaigns of questionable dramatic presentation, or generalist review and culture; state of the industry type podcasting. In depth system analysis is something of an outlier. There's the occasional resource like The Exemplary DM Podcast, for more player/DM insights into running the game, but it's not optimization centered.

The issue being, if you want crunch of any serious depth, most optimization shop talk is still as far as I know the dominion of forum communities like this one, RPG Geek and the like. Along with blogs, Reddit and other similar formats. If you're already an established denizen of those, I'm not sure you're going to find too much other media of any similar breadth of knowledge.

Kaje
2016-09-19, 02:15 AM
Ok, new question. Of those live-play podcasts out there, are there any featuring people who actually know what they're doing? I've listened to some and they can be pretty great, but it would be really nice if they pulled from beyond the Player's Handbook and had some knowledge of optimization beyond "another level of paladin."

Hopeless
2016-09-19, 03:55 AM
Try Private Sanctuary its now more Pathfinder orientated but checking its archives should give you some of their 3.5 era podcasts.

Know Direction is more Pathfinder based.

Hope that helps!

Kaje
2016-09-19, 07:29 AM
I shall check out Private Sanctuary. Thanks.