Any model may replace its boltgun with a cyclic bolter-2 points per model

Scout Squad

Crusaders
Cannot be taken when using these chapter tactics

Honour Guard

Centurion Assault Squad
Any model may replace its ironclad assault launchers with a cyclic hurricane bolter-4 points per model

Vanguard Veteran Squad
Any model may replace its bolt pistol and/or chainsword with a cyclic plasma pistol-30 points per model

Sternguard Veteran Squad
Any model can replace its boltgun with a cyclic bolter-2 points per model
Any model can replace its boltgun with a cyclic storm bolter-10 points per model

Dreadnought and Venerable Dreadnought
Any model may replace its power fist with built-in storm bolter with a cyclic heavy bolter-30 points per model
Any model may replace its built in storm bolter with a cyclic storm bolter-5 points per model

Ironclad Dreadnought
Any model may replace its built-in storm bolter with a cyclic storm bolter-5 points per model
Any model may replace its built-in meltagun with a cyclic storm bolter-free
Any model may replace its built-in meltagun with a cyclic heavy bolter-15 points
Any model may replace its power fist with built-in storm bolter with a cyclic hurricane bolter-20 points

Legion of the Damned
Cannot be taken when using these chapter tactics

Terminator Squad
Any model may replace its storm bolter with a cyclic storm bolter-5 points per model
For every five models in the squad, one Terminator may choose to take a cyclic heavy flamer-20 points per model

Assault Squad
Up to two Marines may take one of the following:
-Cyclic Flamer-10 Points
-Cyclic Plasma Pistol-30 Points
The sergeant or veteran sergeant may replace its bolt pistol with a cyclic plasma pistol-30 points

Scout Bike Squad
Any model may replace its twin-linked bolter with a twin-linked cyclic bolter-3 points per model

Bike Squad
Any model may replace its twin-linked bolter with a twin-linked cyclic bolter-3 points per model
The attack bike may replace its heavy bolter with a cyclic heavy bolter-10 points

Attack Bike Squad
Any model may replace its heavy bolter with a cyclic heavy bolter-10 points

Land Speeder Storm
May replace its heavy bolter with one of the following:
-Cyclic Heavy Flamer-10 Points
-Cyclic Heavy Bolter-10 Points

Land Speeders
Any model may replace its heavy bolter with one of the following:
-Cyclic Heavy Flamer-10 Points
-Cyclic Heavy Bolter-10 Points
Any model may take one of the following:
-Cyclic Heavy Bolter or Cyclic Heavy Flamer-10 Points

Razorback
May replace its twin-linked heavy bolter with one of the following
-Twin-Linked Cyclic Heavy Flamer-10 Points
-Twin-Linked Cyclic Heavy Bolter-10 Points

Drop Pod
May replace its storm bolter with a cyclic storm bolter-5 points

Stormtalon Gunship
May replace its twin-linked heavy bolter with a twin-linked cyclic heavy bolter-5 points

Devastator Squad

Centurion Devastator Squad
Any model may replace its hurricane bolter with a cyclic hurricane bolter-5 points
Any model may replace its twin-linked heavy bolter with a twin-linked cyclic heavy bolter-10 points

Predators
Any Predator may take two side sponsons with cyclic heavy bolters-40 points per model

Stormraven Gunship
May replace its twin-linked heavy bolter with a twin-linked cyclic heavy bolter-5 points
May replace its two side access points with side sponsons with cyclic hurricane bolters-50 points

Land Raider

Land Raider Crusader
May replace its two hurricane bolters with cyclic hurricane bolters-10 points

Heavy Bolter Hailfire
0-3 Dreadnoughts or Venerable Dreadnoughts
1-4 Attack Bike Squads
1-4 Devastator Squads
0-3 Centurion Devastator Squads
Restriction
All models that can take cyclic heavy bolters must wherever possible.
Benefit
Heavy Bolter Hailfire-All cyclic heavy bolters in this formation have their strength increased by 1 and gain the Rending special rule.

Plasma Pistoleros
3-5 Vanguard Veteran Squads
Restriction
All models must be equipped with two cyclic plasma pistols
Benefit
Handle The Heat-All models with this rule can reroll failed armor saves taken against Gets Hot! wounds.

Cyclic Bolter-Range 24", S4, AP5, Special* 1d2**, Gets Hot!
Cyclic Flamer-Range Template, S4, AP5, Assault 1d3, Gets Hot!
Cyclic Heavy Bolter-Range 36", S5, AP4, Heavy 3d3, Gets Hot!
Cyclic Heavy Flamer-Range Template, S5, AP4, Assault 1d3, Gets Hot!
Cyclic Plasma Cannon-Range 36", S7, AP2, Heavy 1d3, Gets Hot (1-2)!, Blast
Cyclic Plasma Gun-Range 24", S7, AP2, Rapid Fire 1d3, Gets Hot (1-2)!
Cyclic Plasma Pistol-Range 12", S7, AP2, Pistol 1d3, Gets Hot (1-2)!
Cyclic Storm Bolter-Range 24", S4, AP5, Assault 2d3, Gets Hot!
Cyclic Hurricane Bolter-A cyclic hurricane bolter consists of three twin-linked cyclic bolters fired as a single weapon.

*A Cyclic Bolter fires 1d2 shots at its max range, and 2d2 shots within half range or less. A Cyclic Bolter is treated like a Rapid Fire weapon for all other purposes, such as determining if a model can charge.
**A 1d2 is a 1 on a result of a 1-3 on a d6, and a 2 on a result of 4-6.

khadgar567
2016-08-11, 02:03 AM
any fluff about how pure the geneseeds considering this guys use cyclic stuff I say minor taint in geneseed pool

Renegade Paladin
2016-08-14, 07:19 AM
The cyclic boltgun is strictly worse than the default, and the cyclic plasma gun is on average worse. I would not pay extra points to get worse.

JNAProductions
2016-08-14, 09:34 AM
The cyclic boltgun is strictly worse than the default, and the cyclic plasma gun is on average worse. I would not pay extra points to get worse.

Okay, so it seems pretty underpowered to you. How would you recommend improving it? Also, how is it strictly worse?

Renegade Paladin
2016-08-14, 09:46 AM
Okay, so it seems pretty underpowered to you. How would you recommend improving it? Also, how is it strictly worse?
Well, I would recommend not turning a guaranteed two shots into 1d2 while charging extra points and sticking Gets Hot on for the privilege. :smalltongue: You get on average fewer shots and might kill yourself for more points than not doing those things. Why would you EVER do that?

JNAProductions
2016-08-14, 09:49 AM
Well, I would recommend not turning a guaranteed two shots into 1d2 while charging extra points and sticking Gets Hot on for the privilege. :smalltongue: You get on average fewer shots and might kill yourself for more points than not doing those things. Why would you EVER do that?

It's Rapid Fire 1d2-As in, you double the shots in half range. So at 12", you get 2d2.

What should I do to make that more clear?

Jormengand
2016-08-14, 10:00 AM
It's Rapid Fire 1d2-As in, you double the shots in half range. So at 12", you get 2d2.

Give it a special rule that means what you want that to mean instead of pretending that rapid fire works that way. Also explain what a d2 is while you're at it, for all those 40K players who don't play D&D.

JNAProductions
2016-08-14, 10:03 AM
Give it a special rule that means what you want that to mean instead of pretending that rapid fire works that way. Also explain what a d2 is while you're at it, for all those 40K players who don't play D&D.

Special rule makes sense. I thought Rapid Fire 1d2 would be clear enough, but I guess not.

And do I really need to explain 1d2? I'd like to assume people who play 40k have reasonable levels of intelligence.

Edit: Updated the Cyclic Bolter.

Jormengand
2016-08-14, 10:22 AM
And do I really need to explain 1d2? I'd like to assume people who play 40k have reasonable levels of intelligence.

It's less that they might not know what it means, and more that technically, in 40K, it doesn't mean anything. There's a section telling you what a D6 is, another section telling you what a D3 is, and another section telling you what the ungodly abomination known as a "D66" despite only having 36 possible results (because the D66 works in base 7) is, but nothing that actually defines what a D2 is. Given that a DX doesn't nessecarily have X sides in 40K, it's probably worth spelling it out.

khadgar567
2016-08-14, 10:27 AM
It's less that they might not know what it means, and more that technically, in 40K, it doesn't mean anything. There's a section telling you what a D6 is, another section telling you what a D3 is, and another section telling you what the ungodly abomination known as a "D66" despite only having 36 possible results (because the D66 works in base 7) is, but nothing that actually defines what a D2 is. Given that a DX doesn't nessecarily have X sides in 40K, it's probably worth spelling it out.
complete noobs word if you ask me roll d2 I either flip a coin or give you best wtf look of my f ing life

Renegade Paladin
2016-08-14, 10:38 AM

Rapid Fire has a specific meaning that doesn't have a number of shots after it. You could make it a Volley weapon, or give it a special rule (as you have now done).

Also, for points costs I'd look at other, similar upgrades in other armies. For instance, the hotshot volley gun used by Militarum Tempestus storm troopers is S4, AP3, Volley 2/4 (and despite a misprint in the MT codex, does not have Gets Hot!) for the same price as your cyclic storm bolter. Compare benefits, then ask yourself if your points costs are right.

JNAProductions
2016-08-14, 10:43 AM
Rapid Fire has a specific meaning that doesn't have a number of shots after it. You could make it a Volley weapon, or give it a special rule (as you have now done).

Also, for points costs I'd look at other, similar upgrades in other armies. For instance, the hotshot volley gun used by Militarum Tempestus storm troopers is S4, AP3, Volley 2/4 (and despite a misprint in the MT codex, does not have Gets Hot!) for the same price as your cyclic storm bolter. Compare benefits, then ask yourself if your points costs are right.

That's the thing-I don't have a lot to compare it to. I don't know of anything similar.

So what would you advise for costing everything?

Renegade Paladin
2016-08-14, 05:37 PM
Well, first I would say why does everything they have carry the Gets Hot! drawback? I mean, what is it about their normal, everyday boltgun shells (which is apparently what they load into them, since they have the same Strength and AP) that makes them blow up in the user's face with deadly force one time out of six?

JNAProductions
2016-08-14, 05:41 PM
Well, first I would say why does everything they have carry the Gets Hot! drawback? I mean, what is it about their normal, everyday boltgun shells (which is apparently what they load into them, since they have the same Strength and AP) that makes them blow up in the user's face with deadly force one time out of six?

The cycling barrels have a tendency to get jammed, and the bolter shell explodes in the barrel. (Luckily, just like plasma weaponry, they're surprisingly durable and can continue to fire after that.)