PDA

View Full Version : New races

Laurgelon
2016-08-11, 09:32 AM
Hi! I'm working on a new world to run Pathfinder in, and I need some new races. I'm not using any of the traditional fantasy races, and I'm a little stumped for ideas. I'm using the race builder and aiming for 20 RP. If you have any ideas or already-made races, please post them here!

inuyasha
2016-08-11, 10:44 AM
Well, I'm a big fan of making new races. I don't usually make them in the 20 point range, but I'd certainly be willing to help. Would you mind maybe giving some more details on the Pathfinder setting you're going to be running? That may help with brainstorming a little bit for ideas.

TheYell
2016-08-11, 11:45 AM
Working on a race of psionic cephalopod molluscs but they're aquatic. What's the RP score for Naturally Psionic?

inuyasha
2016-08-11, 01:04 PM
Working on a race of psionic cephalopod molluscs but they're aquatic. What's the RP score for Naturally Psionic?

Naturally Psionic is what gives them Wild Talent/Psionic talent right? I'd rule it as a static bonus feat, so two points. And the part where they can get a power point instead of HP/skill point is probably not even worth a point.

By the way, at the risk of looking like I'm taking over the thread (Sorry OP, if you want me to stop, I will), would you like custom races to be posted here? The most recent one I've made was never shared, that being my own attempt at a Pathfinder version of the Darksun Mul for no apparent reason.

Mul (10 RP)
Mul are human-dwarf hybrids bred for their strength and kept for labor and entertainment in bloodsport. Most are enslaved, and all are sterile. They are easily distinguished by their highly muscular bodies that are on average, six to seven feet tall, and their complete lack of body hair. Their skin is often a coppery tone, but is occasionally a deep brown.

Traits
+2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Cha (1 RP)
Mul are hardy and strong, and are fully able to utilize their muscle with their immense height, having better leverage than their dwarven parents

Weapon Familiarity (1 RP)
Mul are bred to be fighters and workers, and are trained in the use of the light flail and dagger, as both of these have utilitarian uses (the former being derived from a farming tool)

Ferocious Fighter (6 RP)
Mul are big and strong, often being forced into gladiatorial combat with no (or few) weapons, and as such they have developed an innate tenacity. They gain Improved Unarmed Combat as a bonus feat. In addition, whenever a mulis reduced to half its hit points or fewer and has no conscious ally within 30 feet, it gains a +2 racial bonus on melee attack rolls and to Armor Class.

Innate Fortitude (2 RP)
Mul receive a +4 racial bonus on Constitution checks and Fortitude saves to avoid fatigue and exhaustion, as well as any other ill effects from running, forced marches, starvation, thirst, and hot or cold environments.

TheYell
2016-08-11, 02:33 PM
OK. I'll just let them burn a feat then to get it since I have got the RP total to an even 20 without it.

I had another thread where I ask people to populate moons and asteroids and I was gonna say " heck just use a psychic octopus named Thppbbt if you feel like it". Then I thought, hmmm....psychic octupus....

THOPT

Thopts are a race of sentient alien cephalopods who live in the twilight deeps of the Arjani moon Pujal, with reported sightings off the coast of Bardu on Arjan. Thopts are always evil, usually chaotic evil, and are devotees of Dagon.

Thopt Racial Traits

Outsider (Native): Thopts are proficient with no armor and with natural weapons only. 3RP

Medium: Thopts are Medium sized creatures. 0RP

Aquatic: A Thopt has the aquatic subtype. 0RP

Darkvision: A Thopt has darkvision to 60 ft. 0RP with Outsider subtype

Cold Subtype: A Thopt has immunity to cold and vulnerability to fire. 4RP / -2RP

Natural Armor: A Thopt has a +1 bonus to Natural Armor due to its rubbery hide. 1RP

Camouflage: A Thopt gains a +4 to Stealth in aquatic environments. 1RP

Swim: Thopts have a swim speed and +8 to Swim checks. 1RP

Powerful Swimmer: A Thopt has a swim speed of 40 ft. 1RP

Natural Attack (Slam): A Thopt can flail with its tentacles. 1RP

Elemental Weapons (Cold): A Thopt does +1d6 cold damage with its slam attacks. 6RP

Multiple Arms: A Thopt has six tentacles for limbs. A Thopt cannot be tripped. 4RP / 4RP

Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light blinds Thopts for 1 round; on subsequent rounds they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area. -2RP

Negative Energy Affinity: Thopts are harmed by positive energy and healed by negative energy. -1RP

Vulnerable to Sunlight: Thopts take 1 point of Constitution damage after every hour they are exposed to sunlight. -1RP

Languages: Aquan 0RP

l

inuyasha
2016-08-11, 03:48 PM
The race mostly seems to work I think, but is there a reason why negative/positive energy are reversed on them?

TheYell
2016-08-11, 04:00 PM
Thanks.

Thopts are servants of the demon lord Dagon. I wanted something to menace merfolk. I found it incredibly easier to build a player race than go through PF rules for creating a monster.

I'm not familiar with the Mul, but that looks like a good gladiator race. Poor sterile bastards.

TheYell
2016-08-11, 05:13 PM
Here's one that screams "cohort".

NEEN

Neen are small crablike creatures. They were first created by Norn the Burnt Wizard to assist him in dungeoncrawling. Many Neen are trained as rogues.

Half Construct : The first Neen was made with the remains of a crab dinner and a large slug. 7 RP

Small Neen are about 3 feet high and weigh 8 lbs 0 RP

Slow Quadrupeds: Neen gad about on 4 legs at a base speed of 30 ft. -1 RP / 2 RP

Great Weakness: Neen have a -4 penalty to Strength, a -2 penalty to Constitution, and a +2 bonus to Dexterity -3 RP

Master Tinker Neen gain a +1 bonus on Disable Device and Knowledge (engineering) checks. Neen are also treated as proficient with any weapon they have personally crafted. 2 RP

Scavenger Neen gain a +2 racial bonus on Appraise and Perception checks to find hidden objects (including traps and secret doors), determine whether food is spoiled, or identify poison by taste. 1 RP

Focused Study At 1st, 8th, and 16th level, Neen gain Skill Focus in a skill of their choice as a bonus feat. 4 RP

Skilled Neen gain an additional skill rank at 1st Level and gain one additional skill rank at each level 4 RP

All Around Vision Neen have eyestalks granting them a +4 racial bonus on Perception and making them immune to flanking. 4 RP

I'd say the Neen were bent on universal domination through Time War, but we'd get sued by you know Who.

in fact that joke made me alter them to make them small and skilled. Neen evolve in whatever way necessary for survival! And they might be a gunslinger and not a rogue.

Laurgelon
2016-08-11, 09:02 PM
The setting is a sort of splintered world kind of deal, with the main continent having had a large empire that was fractured. I don't mind the sort of thing you're doing.

Laurgelon
2016-08-11, 09:04 PM
I love these new races.

inuyasha
2016-08-12, 12:07 AM
I love these new races.

Thanks! I'll see if I can find any more that I've made. There're probably some in my signature, and I think there may be some hidden in one of my two computers somewhere...

Laurgelon
2016-08-12, 07:27 AM
Great! I'll post a couple I made earlier in a bit, once I can get them onto the right computer.

TheYell
2016-08-12, 04:51 PM
BARDENI DEVOTARY

Outsider (Native) Heaven 3RP
Darkvision 60ft 0RP
Medium 0RP
Celestial Resistance (acid 5 cold 5 electricity 5) 3RP
Exalted Resistance SR 6 + level vs evil SLA and spells 3RP
Heavenborn 3RP
Linguist (Bardeni, Celestial) 1RP
Celestial Crusader 7RP

Devotaries I see as martial classes.

OLLY REEF WARDEN

Plant Reef wardens are not proficient with any armor or weapons 10RP
Aquatic Reef wardens have the Aquatic subtype 0RP
Lowlight vision 0RP
Large 10 ft x 5 ft x 8 ft, 2500 lbs 7RP
Slow Speed 20 ft -1RP
Greater Weakness -4 STR -2 DEX +2 CON -3RP
Camouflage Aquatic 1RP
Hydrated Vitality 3RP
All Around Vision 4RP

Another aquatic race, reef wardens are more psychic or psionic or sorceror types.

Laurgelon
2016-08-12, 08:57 PM
Nice! Here are mine: Kzann-Kyr

The Kzann-Kyr are a race of giant slugs with arms, held aloft of 6 many-jointed legs. When they first came to the Uloprt mountains, they were being chased by an ancient terror long forgotten. As they engaged in vicious tunnel fighting with the other inhabitants of the mountain range, they found their lack of natural armor to be a disadvantage. To this end, they clad themselves from bulbous head to eighteen skittering toes in finely worked steel. With this advent in their technology, they rapidly forced the remaining indigenous creatures of the mountains into small, isolated enclaves. However, they felt too secure in their tunnels, and invited repercussions. In one of the best coordinated actions the Gizyaden(Weird gobliny things) have had in generations, sappers collapsed tunnels all throughout the cave system, allowing the Gizyaden and other inhabitants of the tunnels to take back their ancestral lands and fracturing the Kzann-Kyr along clan lines. Today, the rediscovering of some of the more efficient methods of tunnel digging has allowed the Kzann-Kyr to take back the tunnels leading to the surface, giving their mountains an appearance of unity, while in actually the core is fractured an rotten

Type: Abberation

Size: Large(-1 AC, attack rolls, +1 CMB and CMD, -4 stealth)

Attributes: +2 Str, -2 Dex, -2 Cha, +2 Wis

Speed: 40 feet, Climb 30 feet

Languages: Kzann-Kyr, Common. Creatures of this race with a high intelligence score can choose from the following languages: Ethnicity languages 1-3, Racial Languages 2-4

Racial Traits: Stonecunning, Quadruped(6 Legs), Cornered Ferocity, +2 on craft checks, Darkvision

Varoiqua

The Varoiqua are a once mighty civilization that once stretched from coast to coast. In the days preceding the arrival of the Thysskryn, the empire of the Varoiqua was a mighty world power with great understanding of the sciences and magic. They enslaved the other races of Marizonil(The continent you are on) and grew slothful and decadent. When they fell back from the Thysskryn assault, their slow breeding rate proved their doom. When the Thysskryn began to use their sympathetic magic to murder dozens at a time, at the cost of only a few hundred of their soldiers, the Varoiqua were unable to recover. The Varoiqua were pushed back into their homeland, the riverlands of Grondula. There, they erected a mighty magical veil, sealing themselves off from the rest of the continent. While their society stagnated, the other races broke free of their shackles and carved out slices of land for themselves. When the Varoiqua emerged from the vale but a few decades ago, they found themselves vastly behind the modern tech level, and greatly outclassed.

Type: Dragon

Size: Medium

Speed: 30 Feet

Ability Scores: +2 Dex, +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Int

Languages: Common and Varoiqua. Members of this race with high intelligence scores may choose from any languages they want(Except secret languages, such as Druidic)

Racial Traits: Slapping Tail, Darkvision 60 ft, low light vision, Claws, Bite

The Hstreln evolved from a species of carnivorous plants in the jungles of Cassnul. When The Scream ripped through the land, the Hstreln began to develop sapience. As the animals were driven mad and began to migrate away from the obelisks, the Hstreln uprooted themselves and began to follow their prey, migrating from place to place.

Hstreln

Type: Plant

Attributes: +2 Dex, +2 Wis, -2 Int

Languages: Hstreln. Members of this race with high intelligence scores may choose from the following languages: Common, Varoiqua, Ethnicity 1-2

Racial Traits: Low-light vision, hydrated Vitality(can heal up to 2 hp per level per day by standing in natural water), camouflage(Jungle), Toxic(Paralyzing Toxin), Tentacle(2, 1d6 damage), Elemental vulnerability(fire), treespeech, sticky tongue, stalker

The Thysskryn are species indigenous to the continent of Kaides, a now-brutal land inhabited by terrifying dune worms and the majestic localath. They stand about 5 feet tall at the shoulder, though if they stood upright they would rise almost 7 feet tall. Many centuries ago, they despoiled and ravaged all of Kaides, shattering the beautiful empires that made their homes there. Having finished that, the Thysskryn made their way across the waves. Once they arrived, they attempted to use the sympathetic magic sacked from the libraries of Kaides to destroy the dominant race, the Varoiqua. While these magics wiped out the Varoiqua well enough, it inspired madness in those who used it and took its toll in the blood of those surrounding them. Having pushed back the Varoiqua, the Thysskryn made their way to the capital of Golqum, and sacked it. While their warchiefs were squabbling over who would rule the area, the lieutenants knifed them, and soon their horde descended into chaos. They infested the heartland of the continent and became impossible to uproot.

Type: Monstrous humanoid

Speed: 50

Attributes: +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Dex, -6 Int, -6 Cha, +2 Wis

Languages: Thysskryn. Members of this race with high intelligence scores may choose from the following languages: Common

Racial Traits: Darkvision 60 Feet, Desert Runner, +3 Natural Armor, Quick Reactions, Scavenger, Bite, Fast(2), 4-armed, claws

TheYell
2016-08-14, 05:01 PM
Nice variety! I like that you develop a slug race that needed to evolve steel armor and did so.

XEE
Aberration 3 RP
Tiny 4 RP
Linguist 1 RP
Slow Speed 10 ft -1 RP
Greater Weakness -4 Str +2 Dex -2 Con -3RP
Flight 30ft. 4 RP
All Around Vision 4 RP
Darkvision 60 ft 0 RP
Extra Arm X2 4 RP / 4 RP

Xees are oversize insects whose hives are somewhere in the Harm Mountains on Bardu on the planet Arjan. They have regular insect bodies except each leg ends in a hand with two opposing thumbs and three fingers. Only neuter Xee drones are adventurers, as the males remain at the hive to tend the female queen. Xee become adult at 10 years and middle aged at 20 years.

RAXAMAN
Humanoid 0RP
Medium 0RP
Standard Speed 0RP
Greater Weakness -4 Str +2 Dex -2 Con -3RP
Linguist 1RP
Fearless 1 RP
Skill Bonus: Diplomacy and Intimidate 2 RP
Static Bonus Feat : Persuasive 2 RP
Gregarious 1 RP
Envoy 1 RP
Illusion Resistance 1 RP
Spell Resistance Lesser 2 RP
Damage Reduction 5/magic 4 RP
Frightful Gaze 6RP
Multi-Talented 2 RP

Many whisper of the existence of humanoid offspring of relations between Bardeni and rakshasa. The myths are real. Raxaman are more widespread than rakshasa, can be of any alignment, and often take up the career of sorcerer with the Rakshasa bloodline to further matters. This is usually done in total secrecy: for three generations, the royal line of Leoni in Morpa have been Chaotic Good aristocrat/sorcerers. Raxaman have human lifespans.

DERHIIN
Aberration 3RP
Large 7RP
Standard Speed 40 ft. 0RP
Standard +2 Str +2 Dex -2 Cha 0RP
Linguist 1RP
Flight 30 ft. clumsy 4RP
Weapon Familiarity (falchion, javelin) 2RP
Spell Resistance Greater SR 11 + CL 3RP
Darkvision 60 ft. 0RP

A 9 ft. silver gorilla with grey vulture's wings found in the mountainous jungles of Central Kors, derhiin are cousins of derhii. They are ferocious foes of demon cultists, evil Kabrists, and drow. They turn middle aged at 30 and elderly at 50 years of age. Derhiin normally remain with their own kind, but some Derhiin are adventurers seeking their own destiny among more civilized folks.

SMANDYR
Humanoid (reptilian) 0RP
Small 0RP
Speed 20 ft. 0RP
Xenophobic 0RP
Standard +2 Dex +2 Con -2 Cha 0RP
Breath Weapon (Fire, 30 ft. cone, 2d6) 6RP

Smandyrs frequent caves in river cliffs in the steppe of southern Bardu. They frequently congregate in groups of hundreds and can have as many as six eggs in a litter. Smandyrs are the main challenge to orcish domination of southern Bardu. They enjoy basking on sunlit rocks singing songs to each other. Smandyrs turn middle aged at 30 years old and elderly at 50 years.