PDA

View Full Version : Camelot Trigger IC

lukitux
2016-08-11, 02:59 PM
The war for earth is over. The forces of MerGN-A have been pushed to the outer solar system and it has been months since the last emergent attack. The knights have been reduced to chasing rumors or waiting. You are all in the base, the time is sometime in the late morning. Where are you and what are you doing?

This is a map I made of the central floor of the base and descriptions of the rooms. If I forgot to include something, tell me in the OOC thread
http://i.imgur.com/OZgwNRN.jpg

Hangar: this is where all armors are kept. It also contains a squadron of light fighters. The doors open directly into space and can be opened and closed from a control panel in the round table or MerLN can do it remotely (a backup AI core is kept in the base in case the wyrmgates go down)

Workshop: this is where armors are repaired and new arts are build. There are some work tables and large machinery. Unfinished prototype weapons and armor are scattered around, and a few destroyed emergent are being dismantled in an attempt to find weaknesses.

Living quarters: this is where all the Knights stay when not in the field. Each person has a room in the base which they use as a bedroom and to keep personal items in.

Training: this room has a series of automated targets to be used to practice, based on the design and movements of emergent units. There is also an arena in the center of the room, which is used for practice battles and tournaments.

The round table: the central room of the station houses the round table, which is the center of command for the knights. It can control most systems in the station and also can project a map of the solar system.

The lower floors: the floors under the central room contain all the machinery needed to run a space station this large. There is a central room under the round table which powers the entire station. There is also a set of thrusters which can be used to move the entire station in an emergency.

Recreation: The upper floors are used for recreational rooms. There is also a mess hall and kitchen.

Johnny America
2016-08-12, 12:55 AM
Trish is in the training room. At this time of the day its near the end of her work out, she might be strong but deep down she knows that she is still a woman and whether she likes it or not if she doesn't keep it up biologically she just won't be able to keep up strength wise with a man of her size. Luckily most men don't measure up to her.

After she's done with strength training she'll move onto cardio then look to do some close quarters practice, after all fighting is all muscle memory and with Armour she can use everything she learns in meat space to fight the monsters of MerGN-a. Unfortunately, most of the hand-to-hand combat trainers are rather leery of sparring with her as she has a habit of not holding back.

Sith_Happens
2016-08-17, 01:24 PM
They say that great minds think alike. For better or worse, so do the impulsive, chronically-adrenaline-fueled ones.

Sir Damon, like Lady Trisha, spends the bulk of most mornings training, starting with cardio and strength training before moving into one of the VR rooms to reference his vast collection of martial arts movies (the entirety of which he long since pestered MerLN into converting to 3D holoprojection format, having figured that mimicking recorded moves and routines should easily work at least ten times better when you can superimpose yourself over the protagonist). Leaving for a few minutes to catch his breath and refill his water bottle, Damon spots Trisha engaged in similar activity (as he sometimes does) and reacts to this development in the usual way, jogging up to her and immediately adopting a fighting stance.

"Hey there Trish, funny seeing you here. How 'bout a few rounds of fisticuffs, I've got some new moves I've been itching to try out against a real opponent."

Provided Trisha accepts the challenge, I figure we can gloss over the outcome since the two of them are pretty evenly matched outside their armors and the way I see it they probably do this at least semi-regularly anyways. If you do want to roll things out though then a Melee vs. Melee Contest seems most appropriate for a practice match.

Dudeons
2016-08-17, 01:29 PM
In the upper levels, Sir Wayne is playing a round of holochess, the practice AI being set on one of the higher difficulties. He recalls being fond of the game when he was younger, his sense of cunning combined with his daredevilry making him a formidable opponent. This was proven by the fact he had just cornered the enemy's king with a bishop.

"Checkmate," Wayne says, flicking the opposing king piece over. It shatters into shards of light as the board clears, a brief message spelling "YOU ARE VICTORIOUS" across the chessboard before asking if he wanted to play again. Wayne leans back, his feet resting on the edge of the table as he contemplates what to do next.

Johnny America
2016-08-17, 10:42 PM
Trish had given up on finding a trainer to spar with. It seems she'd managed to make them all a bit to nervous when it came to injury. So she'd had to relegate herself to using the vr trainers. It wasn't terrible, with the VR trainer she had access to a library of combat styles to train in, much more than if she depended on a person. Recently she'd been focusing on grappling techniques. Holds and throws that relied more on skill than strength just in case she ran into somebody bigger and stronger than her, the only problem was that it wasn't her style, but it was necessary. It had been a frustrating morning to say the least.

She stepped out of the vr booth and took a swig of water, a heavy layer of sweat covering her.

"Hey there Trish, funny seeing you here. How 'bout a few rounds of fisticuffs, I've got some new moves I've been itching to try out against a real opponent."

Maybe things were starting to look up. A slight grin crossed her face and she looked down at Damon.

"And here I thought I was going to have a boring morning where I wasn't going to be able to do any real sparring because the trainers around here are too afraid of getting hit." She popped her neck and walked over to him, "that's what I like about you though Damon: you aren't afraid of getting your ass kicked by a girl." She playfully punched him in the shoulder, but it was just a little harder than she meant for it to be.

I agree with you, we're fairly evenly matched with our abilities and I don't think we need to have a figurative **** measuring contest with this. Let's just say that it was fairly even we both won some and we both lost some as most sparring sessions between fairly evenly matched opponents go.

Sith_Happens
2016-08-18, 12:11 AM
Damon grins expectantly.

"Who says I'm gonna?"

[...]

Twenty minutes of intense sparring later, Damon sits on the floor exhausted and bruised pretty much all over.

"Seriously, have I mentioned that bumping into you was pretty much the best thing ever? Because frankly I have no idea if there's even anyone else who's on base often enough that could put up the same sort of fight and I certainly need something to spice up my usual routine sometimes."

smuchmuch
2016-08-26, 08:44 PM
Mordred

Fate points: 2/2
No stress, no condition

"Too easy a victory for you ?" A slightly amused voice sounds behind Wayne as Mordred just walks into the center room comming from the door leading from the workshop.

While he was taught some notions of mechanical enginering during his 'chilhood' (if those cold sterile years could so be called), after all someone planned to become a commander must have some idea of the capabilities of it's future troops, Mordred is no smith. but it is still a room of some importance for him, which is why one can sometime find him, using a orkbench for couples of hours at a time, often absorbed in some work that he tends to keep to himself, weither it'd be some maintenance on himself or studies ont he latest models of Emergent intruder freshly brought in in.

But in truth Mordred could have came from any other room as well. He is often int he gym trining his body or in other room doing many task or sometime just siting four hours and silently staying and observing. Sometime he is simly not in the station. And though he alway seems ready to talk, what exactly he is doing and shy are things he often keep secret.

With a small smile the nonchalantly wave a hand over the holo board with a slightly ambiguous "Perhaps you should try a variant. have you ever tried kriegspiel ?" He sits, facing Wayne and a second board appears on the table near him as he tent his fingers and ***** his head slightly "Or maybe try playing against an opponenent that isn't programmed to let you win."

Sorry. I am really sorry.
I just.. I just had complete utter writter block lately for some reason. it's been more than a week I've been regulary looking at the Ic thread, open a new response and just for some reason I could just stare at it untill I closed it, telling myself I'd get someting better tomorow..
It's kind of over but... Once again, sorry.

lukitux
2016-08-27, 12:43 PM
Recreation Levels
MerLN's voice starts broadcasting from the wall. What do you mean they "let" him win. These new self-learning ones will be as good as any person after a few more matches. Even robots start out as new players. If I told them all the good strategies at the start, they wouldn't be able to learn on their own. I could code some harder bots though. Maybe after you're done playing each other and I figure out why an unidentified ship is heading towards earth through the Jupiter wyrmgate. Maybe you could help with that. The ship is going to come through the gate in a few minutes and I can't tell whether it is friendly or trying to kill us. I should probably tell Damon and Trisha about that too.
Training Room
You see that some of the other trainers have been watching you spar and one is taking notes. When it looks like you've finished, MerLN starts talking on the intercom. Attention anyone whose listening! An unidentified ship is coming through the wyrmgate and I can't tell what it is. The other knights are doing chess stuff right now so, unless you're not done with your training, maybe you could go out and wait for it to come out so you can tell what it is. I don't really have that many cameras on the outside of the base.

Dudeons
2016-08-27, 07:30 PM
Any other day, Wayne would've accepted a match against Mordred. He was able to beat him more than anyone else he had bothered playing multiple games with. However, that incoming ship looked much more interesting. And had a lower chance of him losing.

"Looks like I'm taking a rain check on that game, Mordy," Wayne says as he stands up, "This sounds way too exciting to miss out on."

With that, Wayne heads for the elevator and hits the button. As he waits for it to come up, he looks back at Mordred.

"Care to join me?" he asks as the elevator opens.

smuchmuch
2016-08-27, 08:25 PM
Mordred

"Definitively, 'Gerri'." there's a slight amused tone as the nickname is anwered by another* , as Mordred wipes the holographic display clean and stands up

"Chess can wait, however. while we're still in.." he gives one look at the table in the center of the room and the blank square of the holographic displaybefore walking in direction of the elevator "Any preliminary readings, Anything more you can tell us about the incoming ? Size ? Energy signature ? Gate of Origin ?""

Okay a ouple question for future reference and so our character know wat they are talking about:
-What kind of support, if any, could the station itself povide ? Scanners, probes, drones, 'troopers, turrets, etc , (i beleive light fighter squadron was mentioned already in the map)
-How 'frequent' is gate traffic ? particulary this one ?
-How big and common are spaceships in this settings, in general ?
-Is there such a thing as an unoficial wyrm gates ?(I mean the setting does mention pirates in the belt, so unless passing throught he belt is mandatory, I assume they must have some way to move between planets without being flagged or denied everytime they do somehow.)

Sith_Happens
2016-08-29, 01:35 PM
Damon immediately kips up onto his feet and any traces of exhaustion on him vanish.

"All right, show time! C'mon Trish, let's show these guys who's boss."

He then sprints at full speed toward the hanger, bounds more than climbs into his armor, and launches it in what MerLN might care to note as a record time.

lukitux
2016-09-09, 06:53 AM
Elevator
The elevator plays some music while going down, but MerLN's voice cuts off the music. I just finished talking with the other half of my mind, and I got a scan of the shop when it went through the Jupiter gate. The ship is a small fighter with a design that doesn't match the schematics of any ship on the market. This isn't an emergent though, the design doesn't look like anything she has ever made, and I would be able to tell if a ship connected to her network entered the gate. It has several plasma based weapons, I can tell by the energy signature of the ship. I also have readings that show there are two humans in the ship. There is also some kind of large heat signature in the back of the ship, too high of a temperature to be anything alive. By the time he finishes, the elevator is already on the central floor. The doors open into the central room with the table. The short hall to the hangar is on the other side of the wall. You can see that Damon and Trisha are already in their armors and the first airlock door is opening. Some pilots are running to the hangar from the training room and living quarters.

Hangar
You get in your armors, and they starts up. The motors and hydraulics power up and the sensors activate. The first door of the airlock opens. You see the elevator in the central room come down with Mordred and Gerald in it. The pilots for the fighters are running into the hangar and towards their ships.

The airlock has two doors, one that leads from the hangar into the airlock and one that leads from the airlock into space. Only one door can be open at a time, and the airlock has enough space for two armors to be in it at a time.

Dudeons
2016-09-10, 12:53 PM
Gerald leans back, listening to the music. He looks annoyed when MerLN cuts it off.

"Awww, I liked that song," Gerald grumbles, folding his arms. He listens to MerLN's information, thinking of what it could be. It was an unknown ship prepared for battle, which was rarely a good sign, but what could that heat signature be? No time for such questions, as the elevator just came down to the central floor. Gerald rushes towards his armor, clambering into it and starting it up before preparing to follow after Damon and Trisha.

Sith_Happens
2016-09-10, 03:52 PM
Seeing the other two knights exit the elevator, Damon turns on his external speakers.

"There you two slowpokes are, I was wondering if you were even coming. Come on, we've got ass to kick and names to take."

smuchmuch
2016-09-10, 04:09 PM
Mordred

Fate points: 2/2
No stress, no condition

"Could you tell if there were signs of external damage. ?"
Mordred asks, fingers tented over his mouth ans a slight smile, after silently taking in what little information there is. Quite bare for a scan result. A complelty unrecognized type of shield somehow (or was it the owners) able to bypass the security at the gates, how ...interesting.
"Keep in touch with your Jupiter partition, I wouldn't be surprised if other ships were trying to warp in soon. .. Oh. And if you could send me a quick report about Dr Locke and all known associate and project before her disappearance ? Thank you"

On the way to his machine, Mordred only stop to signal at whichever of the technicians running around that seem the closest or less occupied on the way. (if no one's convenient, he'll just speak to thin air, fully knowing MerLN can likely hear and relay orders, though the tone might be slightly less curt then.) and barks a few orders
"Make sure to free a bay in the hangar. Fighter sized. And call for a small medical team and a small security team to be on standby. Prepare for likely crash landing."

... Large heat source... An energy source, an experimental weapon of sorts, or some internal system overheating (or downright on fire) seemed the most likely possibilities. If the unknown ship was hostile and looking for a fight that wouldn't make a difference at term, damage there would be. "Possible plasma fire or explosion to contain soon after arrival and two people to neutralize and/or evacuate. Orders are to capture alive if possible. ..might As well arrange for a free interrogation room."

None of the gigantic armors, even resting in their spots, could ever be called unimpressive, but the sleeping Dragoon has something slightly uncanny to it.
Offline, it almost feel like as much as if gigantic metal carcass than a machine. At the approach of it's owner, it slowly spring to life, activated by some wireless remote signal no doubt (but still surprising for anyone who wouldn't be used to it), and metallic plating and cables start moving and twisting on their own along the large frameworks as if a great beast was regenerating back to life. Not even bothering with a hatch, M0r-dr3d directly steps into a tight metallic chamber that opened in the center the still open belly of the beast.
Lying in anatomic position, as if in a metal coffin, some special cables extend and connect with special plugs the back of his body, from the base of the skull all over the spin to the lumbars.

The chest plating closes itself together as the connection between cyborg and the machine is established. The whole booting process only takes a couple of minutes as the computer part of Mordred brain plug into the data bank of the armor, the feeling is almost as if consciousness expanded and new senses opened, almost merging the two into a single being. Mordred close 'his' eyes and the Dragoon opens it's own sensors, "stretching" as a mental chrck of all system runs through it's mind, standing upright, fully booted and ready to go.

"There you two slowpokes are, I was wondering if you were even coming. Come on, we've got ass to kick and names to take."

"No need to rush. Besides we don't even know if our target is hostle." (It's the most liely possibility sure, but still..) "But Speaking of "taking names"" Mordred's voice with that slight cold echo that comes when piloting the dragon comes on inter armor radio. He sounds slightly amused by Damon impatience but he's very serious as he adds "even if hostile it would be better if we could neutralize with as much of the ship and its pilots intact for studdy and interogation."

Johnny America
2016-09-11, 04:10 AM
Trish followed, running behind Damon as they headed towards the hanger bay. Just like fighting she loved piloting the Ector and if she got to do both, well she was lucky to live a life that allowed her to do her two favorite things at the same time.

The others arrived not long after Damon and her walked into the bay. Gerald was nice enough guy but Mordred...guy talked to much for her taste. She waved at Gerald, ignoring Mordred as she walked towards her Armor.

"Hey Wayne, didn't see you in the gym this morning. You too busy with your games?" She chided him, like everybody else here Gerald was good in a fight and she might give him **** for it but they needed a strategist and when she thought about it they probably needed somebody like Mordred too. People who weren't brute force instruments like she was.

The suit used a form fitting nanite suit to match the Armor's motions to hers, supposedly it worked better if she was wearing skin tight clothes or just skin, at least that's what her instructor had told her. Luckily the clothes she wore to the gym worked well enough so she didn't need to do any impromptu stripping down to her underwear. A sheet of what appeared to be rubber stretched down over her covering her completely save for her head. She flexed her body as the armor started up and it matched her motions perfectly.

"Right, right got it. Investigate the ship, see what's going on. If it turns out to be hostile we'll 'investigate' with extreme prejudice." She smiled at that last thought. They'd been cooped on this station for too long, it'd be nice to have a bit of a skirmish now and then. But at least they were getting a chance to stretch their space legs.

lukitux
2016-09-12, 06:33 PM
While the knights prepare their armors, technicians and pilots rush around trying to get the ships ready as fast as possible. The engines power up and the weapons Mordred flags down a group of technicians, who prepare a bay in case of a crash landing or to interrogate the ship. One of them radios for security and a medic, who arrive in the hangar just as all doors to the rest of the base slam shut, in order to prevent air from escaping when the hangar door opens. MerLN comes on the intercom, replying to Mordred. I just got some more info. yes there is damage, mostly light scratches on the outside but there is a small hull breach. There are some armors outside the gate, they don't seem to be interested in following though. Their armors look mostly made of scrap metal but I think that one is made entirely out of parts from mining equipment from the asteroids. He pauses for a few seconds at the mention of Vivian, and then replies. I'm sorry, but I don't think I can tell you about that. I was instructed not to give you information pertaining to her or my construction, nobody's accusing you of anything, and I'm sure you aren't secretly planning to spy on and usurp the knights and bring about the downfall of the human race, but... orders are orders. Nothing personal. He waits for a few seconds and then changes the topic. I should probably open the door now. The ship is almost here. All noncombat personnel please put on your oxygen gear. I repeat, all personnel not in a vehicle put on your oxygen gear. The hangars door starts grinding open, revealing a view of the earth and the moon. The gate isn't open but is charging power to generate the portal to hyperspace.

Dudeons
2016-09-19, 02:09 AM
Gerald chuckles as he starts climbing up into his armor, returning the wave to Trish. She was attractive enough for him to appreciate (especially in those clothes), but the ferocity she displayed in battle made him more cautious around her than he would be around other ladies. As they say, roses have thorns.

"I wasn't in the mood," Gerald remarks as he starts to activate his own armor, "Chess reminds me of home. At least, the good part of home."

Sith_Happens
2016-09-20, 03:48 PM
Hearing some of MerLN's remarks, Damon's face tightens in disapproval under his neurohelmet and his expression turns to a scowl.

"If those are your orders you can tell whoever gave them to you that I think they're a paranoid douchebag. For f***'s sake the way I hear it the guy's been a knight since before I knew what a knight was, if he had a single thought in his head about 'betraying humanity' you can bet your ass he'd have done it by now."

Why no, of course I'm not deliberately setting up a floating opportunity to compel "Chivalry?" Is That Something You Eat? at some point in the future. Why would I ever do that?:smallwink:

smuchmuch
2016-09-21, 11:23 PM
Mordred

"Thank you, sir Casius, but I understand. Security is paramount" the Dragoon transmit back, in a tone as soft spoken as can sound through radio.

Of course most informations about the AI who controls about every major defense system and aces points across th solar system would be classified, that's just common sense. And that so would be part of the information about it's creator. But the information he asked, about contat and unrelaed projectabout had seem pretty begnin, that even that be considered potentialy dangerous in his hand is ....somewhat almost flattering in a twisted way.

While the first cycle of doors are closing, taking two other armors outside, Mordred though comes back on the urgent matter of the incoming ship.

Single incoming ship, well armed but only fighter sized. Agaisnt a notoriously well staffed garison
Someone looking for a fight ? Possible but seems very unlikely unless we'd be talking of a battle hungry or crazy pilot. A scout for an incomming bigger unknown force ? Possible but unlikely once again seeing as the design of the ship and the followers don't seem to match, not do they seem eager to follow.

Between the damage on the hull and the persuers, it looked much more likely they were dealing with some kind of escapee or runaway from the unidentified makeshift armors
"I assume those armors on the other side aren't answering comunication atempts ?" Modred ask that last question to Merlin, mostly rethoricaly. (Mining equipement and obviously makeshift amrors. Apparently uninterested, or unable, in following throught the gate. Either popular or criminal (far from mutualy exclusive), no doubt. Pirates ? Cheap mercenaries ? Rebels ?)

"I don't believe our visitor is looking for a fight but I suspect they will might if they feel threatened. Or blocked." Mordred in response to Trisha comment about 'extreme prejudice'. he doubt she cares but if that could convince her to be a little less heavy handed than usual (... even a cyborg can dream.)

"Fighter squadron, deploy half of your forces in a loose hemisphere around the gate as quickly as possible and channel the intruder in our direction." Mordred radio publicaly to the combat group. Might as well get a rough strategy, even with as little information as they may have to work with.

"Knights, we form a blockade about two zone aparts from the gate. Lady Kay and I, stand in full front and absorb fire if any, Sir Wayne and sir Cassius stay slightly appart, rush, flank, disable the ship engines if there's a fight. The other half of the fighters in standy to pursue if necessary or to intervene in case of other surprises. Any objections ?"

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/Illustrations/small/Camelottrigger-morderedplan01_zpstgx9wc29.png

And yes, it doesn't show on the drawing (because I really threw that quickly) but Mordred is aware that space is in three dimension and that make it hard to suround someone, which is why he rather use the term of coraling ad he does talk about a deployement in hemisphere.

And uh saying 'two' zones away from the gate might sound a tiny bit ooc but i'm not sure what unit they'd use in this setting nor which distance would be propotoned to spaaace in game so I sorry. (Or we can just say that people are conveniently trained to think in "zones" when it come to space combat)

Why Kay and Mordred as the 'font', cause Kay has a +2 bonus to dodge incoming distance attack (which I think plasma would count as) and Mordred has a good armor/zeal balance. Wayne has a lot of zeal and a quick armor and Damon has his charge ability that allow him to close distance for extra damage if memory serves, hence why them as the 'flankers'

Sith_Happens
2016-09-22, 09:17 AM
"Only if you're expecting us to wait for your say-so to attack, 'cause that ain't happening. I see trouble, I'm punching it, end of story. Or maybe kicking it. Probably both."

Johnny America
2016-09-23, 03:59 AM
"You want me to stand around and absorb incoming fire?! **** that!"

The Ector crossed it's arms imitating the actions of its pilot.

"Like hell I'm gonna let this bastard get all the action." The armor nodded in the direction of Damon. "If this turns out to be a trap, I'd be better suited to be right up there in the action rather than as some damn wall!"

Honestly, I know what your trying to do tactically and out of character I agree with and think its a smart proposal: Though powerful, the Ector and its pilot are probably the slowest member of the team (judging by ranks in Zeal) but it is probably the toughest of the Armors. Its actually perfectly suited for this situation, also you shouldn't have the two hot heads be the ones to make first contact. That said, in character your going to need to convince Trish that charging in isn't the correct course of action.

lukitux
2016-09-27, 02:41 PM
I... will inform them of your opinions as soon as they return. The ship is getting closer. It won't arrive or a minute or two, and I can hold it for a while, but if I don't let it out after an hour, it would be breaking several interplanetary treaties. You should be able to finish preparing sooner though.
The fighters arrange into the hemisphere formation as instructed by Mordred.

Sith_Happens
2016-09-27, 02:44 PM
"You want me to stand around and absorb incoming fire?! **** that!"

The Ector crossed it's arms imitating the actions of its pilot.

"Like hell I'm gonna let this bastard get all the action." The armor nodded in the direction of Damon. "If this turns out to be a trap, I'd be better suited to be right up there in the action rather than as some damn wall!"

"Aw, what's the matter, can't handle having all those big scary guns pointed at you? You can switch with one of us if it'll make you feel better."

The mockery in Damon's tone is evident and it wouldn't be hard to guess that he's grinning from ear to ear while he says it.

Honestly, I know what your trying to do tactically and out of character I agree with and think its a smart proposal: Though powerful, the Ector and its pilot are probably the slowest member of the team (judging by ranks in Zeal) but it is probably the toughest of the Armors. Its actually perfectly suited for this situation, also you shouldn't have the two hot heads be the ones to make first contact. That said, in character your going to need to convince Trish that charging in isn't the correct course of action.

Am I doing it right?:smallwink:

Johnny America
2016-10-01, 07:35 AM
Inside her Armor Trish scowled. "Screw you Damon, you damn well know I have the toughest suit here!" She gritted her teeth as her frustration built "you know how much I hate sitting back and playing defense while you and the others go off to fight!?"

sorry for slow posting, promise I'll ****ing stop that from now on

Sith_Happens
2016-10-06, 05:03 PM
"Eh, no one said anything about not fighting, just that you're gonna be in the middle."

Johnny America
2016-10-08, 02:04 AM
"Tch, whatever, fine I'll play your god damn wall. But if this turns south, don't expect me to hold back."