PDA

View Full Version : Beguiler + extra spells

Kurald Galain
2007-07-05, 03:34 PM
I found the beguiler to be a pretty cool class. Of course its spell list is intentionally limited. I've found there are two feasible ways to increase this (but feel free to give me tips for others) - the Prestige Bard class, which gives you access to all bard spells, and the Arcane Disciple feat, which adds a cleric domain.

I would like to hear some suggestions for a decent cleric domain to pick, to give the beguiler access to some kind of spells he doesn't have - in particular anything that's not mind affecting. I suppose if I want direct damage I'd take the fire domain, but I'm looking more for something to buff or debuff (preferably on a fort or ref save).

Douglas
2007-07-05, 03:45 PM
For a good buffing domain, pick up the Competition domain from the Spell Compendium, also available in the excerpt here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20051202a&page=5). The Courage domain, available in the same place and also in Complete Warrior, is good for buffing too.

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-07-05, 04:09 PM
The Travel domain is quite nice, and gives the Beguiler a lot of mobility options. Since Wisdom is used for the DCs, don't use Arcane Disciple for attack options (when faced against something that can't be mind-effected, buff the party).

That said, using Wisdom as the casting stat for those spells means that Arcane Disciple isn't as great as it could be. The Beguiler is the class that can use it best, though.

Kurald Galain
2007-07-06, 05:29 AM
Thanks.

Also, is there any domain that has Gust of Wind on the list?

Illiterate Scribe
2007-07-06, 05:48 AM
From personal experience, I recommend the 'Shadow X...' line of spells, for extra spells. Of course, you are using spells that are one level below what they should be, but the beguiler has such a ton of spells that it's immaterial.

Kurald Galain
2007-07-06, 06:22 AM
From personal experience, I recommend the 'Shadow X...' line of spells, for extra spells. Of course, you are using spells that are one level below what they should be, but the beguiler has such a ton of spells that it's immaterial.

Yeah, but I'm way too low level for that as of yet.