PDA

View Full Version : Best levels to MC for a Warlock / Sorcerer

Corginin
2016-08-12, 08:41 AM
I am currently a lvl 3 Fiend Lock with Pact of the Tome. I am looking at multiclassing out of warlock and into sorcerer but cannot decide at what level it would be best to do that and trying to weigh the pros and cons of each level.

I am thinking either 3 Lock / 17 Sorc or sticking around in warlock longer for higher spell slots and an extra invocation or two.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Goodberry
2016-08-12, 09:04 AM
It really depends on your purpose. Sticking with warlock can accomplish many of the things you'd get from sorcerer. If you MC now, you won't get your first ASI until 7th level, which I personally find to be a pretty punishing penalty(alliteration not intended).

Sir cryosin
2016-08-12, 09:27 AM
My next level if I was you would be a sorcerer personally I would have started out with a sorcerer but a now I say this because I would rather put off on a ASI then to put off my metamagic options and other sorcerer stuff.

Citan
2016-08-12, 09:45 AM
It really depends on your purpose. Sticking with warlock can accomplish many of the things you'd get from sorcerer. If you MC now, you won't get your first ASI until 7th level, which I personally find to be a pretty punishing penalty(alliteration not intended).
This. There are too many unknown factors...
1. What are your current stats?
2. What is your choice of free cantrips and current Invocations?
3. What is your general aim: versatile, pure blaster, debuffer?

Only things I could tell for now are...
- If your CHA is not 18 yet, at least wait for your first ASI.
- Going up for Warlock 5 would net you another Invocation, and if you took/take the Invocation for learning rituals, you get access to up to 3rd level rituals. Especially good if you have a Wizard friend or a generous DM.
- Going up Warlock 5 would also make your slots 3rd level, and give you Fly, which can be used in many situations.

So without any other info, going Warlock 5 before anything else would probably be my advice. :) Note that you won't get any 9th level spells though. If you planned on staying "full caster", choose now between Sorcerer or Warlock and stick with it.

Beyond that, many builds & tricks are possible depending on your will so... Only 2 examples.
Shadow Sorcerer 11 & Warlock 9 can work great: use the Shadow Beast to drop a non-concentration Bestow Curse (or any other debuff) to drop a powerful foe quickly.
Draconic Sorcerer 14+ & Warlock 3+ also: use your flying speed to get through enemies while burning them with empowered GFB, or Agonizing Blast them from the air. You can even mix Greater Invisibility with this to become a nightmare for most enemies. ^^
Warlock spell slots can be used on buff/debuff spells depending on level (2nd level slot: Mirror Image, Blindness, Darkness, 3rd level: Haste, Blink, Slow).

Joe the Rat
2016-08-12, 09:53 AM
How high will the game go? If you don't play to 20, 9th level spells really aren't going to be on the table at this point. But where you go depends on your goals.

The natural early "Unlock" points are 2 (Eldritch cheese dip), 3 (pact feature, 2*2nd level short rest spell slots), and 5 (3rd invocation, Thirsting Blade or Book of Shadows (for you) option, 2*3rd level srss). Much more, and you are seriously cutting into your peak power in the other class (A 'broad' caster rather than a 'deep' caster).

...At which point you go 9 (2 ASI, scary invocations, 2*5th level srss), 11 (10th level pact feature, 6th level arcanum in your pocket, 3*5th level srss)... and 17 (because you picked up sorcerer3 earlier).

At this point I'd jump to sorcerer now. You'll be lagging on your ASI, but much longer and you will be way up before you really feel like a sorcerer. Note that unless your DM says otherwise, you can come back to Warlock for more levels if you really want the 5th level option, or even just to grab the ASI.

Specter
2016-08-12, 10:11 AM
If you're focused on damage, 3Lock/17Sorc works, since you get Agonizing Blast and your Pact.
If all you want from Sorcerer is metamagic, then go the opposite way: 3Sorc/17Lock.

Remember that if you're going melee, Favored Soul (UA) can grant you Extra Attack just like Thirsting Blade would.

Corginin
2016-08-12, 10:20 AM
This. There are too many unknown factors...
1. What are your current stats?
2. What is your choice of free cantrips and current Invocations?
3. What is your general aim: versatile, pure blaster, debuffer?

Apologies, I didn't want to include TOO much information in the first post.

1. We ended up rolled stats so being a Tiefling I have 19 Charisma. Other stats are 16 con and 15 dex, I rolled well.

2. I have taken Agonizing Blast & Book of Ancient Secrets. For cantrips from tome I have Mending, Shillelagh, & Shocking Grasp. For book I took Find Familiar and Alarm, I also managed to add Comprehend Languages already.

3. I am looking at being more versatile. Originally I wanted to go pure blaster but the party ended up not having all the persons I thought would be in it. We currently have a Arcane Trickster Rogue, Ancients Paladin, and Moon Druid.

Ideally our intent is to go on with this campaign for as long as we feel interested so it could very well end up in the higher levels. Playing with a group I have been friends with for quite a long time but they are relatively new to D&D. I myself used to play a lot of 3.5, this being only my second time playing 5e. It should be noted that this is my very first attempt at playing a caster. I always played to fill whatever gap we were missing so I played a lot of Rogues and Tanks before.

Unfortunately one thing I forgot to mention is we are restricted to the PhB only for class options.

Citan
2016-08-12, 12:48 PM
Apologies, I didn't want to include TOO much information in the first post.
Hey, don't apologize, it's actually thoughtful from you. It's just that in 5e it's so easy to be different within the same class that "theory" advice is difficult. ;) Thanks for the additional info though.

1. We ended up rolled stats so being a Tiefling I have 19 Charisma. Other stats are 16 con and 15 dex, I rolled well.

oO... Woa... Yes you did indeed. XD That's perfect for you, it means you can max CHA and bump DEX with the next ASI, then you're set for whatever you want (including foregoing potential ASI to favor class features).

2. I have taken Agonizing Blast & Book of Ancient Secrets. For cantrips from tome I have Mending, Shillelagh, & Shocking Grasp. For book I took Find Familiar and Alarm, I also managed to add Comprehend Languages already.

Haha... So you took Shillelagh as I suspected. o/ I suspect Mending is to keep your quarterstaff in good shape should anything bad happen right? :)
Well, TBH you have such good stats that you could actually go for a finesse weapon. If you keep Shillelagh as your main weapon though, it means that Polearm Master feat becomes tentative. ;)
Anyways, back on that later.

3. I am looking at being more versatile. Originally I wanted to go pure blaster but the party ended up not having all the persons I thought would be in it. We currently have a Arcane Trickster Rogue, Ancients Paladin, and Moon Druid.

It's a nice party you have here. If I have to guess by following the typical stereotypes...
Arcane Trickster Rogue is using defensive buffs and usually wades into melee, falling back on shortbow when needed?
Ancients Paladin casts Bless on all three (him, Rogue, Druid) to help wade in melee, and tries to draw enemies?
Moon Druid shapes into Bear to bite everything?
You indeed have several roles covered, with the obvious void being AOE spells and debuffs (not counting AT since spell progression is so low, and probably not so high INT), and a ranged attacks option being a bit weak (only Rogue).

Ideally our intent is to go on with this campaign for as long as we feel interested so it could very well end up in the higher levels. Playing with a group I have been friends with for quite a long time but they are relatively new to D&D. I myself used to play a lot of 3.5, this being only my second time playing 5e. It should be noted that this is my very first attempt at playing a caster. I always played to fill whatever gap we were missing so I played a lot of Rogues and Tanks before.
Unfortunately one thing I forgot to mention is we are restricted to the PhB only for class options.
Ok. Well then. :)

I'll suggest options while considering you plan on being a gish character instead of a "full" (or nearly) spellcaster.
Considering that and your party setup...

=== Sure things ===
Eldricht Blast upgrades
You will want Agonizing Blast AND/OR Repelling Blast. If you plan on being melee mainly, choose Repelling. If you want to get a strong distant attack and stay at range, choose Agonizing. If you can afford to, take both. ;)
Why Repelling Blast? Because being able to force move enemies is crazy good: pushing an enemy close to another in preparation for an AOE attack, or pushing him away from a friend so he doesn't have to risk an AO or waste resources to Disengage, make one fall into a pit or so... Especially since, as a Sorcerer, you will be able to cast a spell as a bonus action with Quicken.
Why Agonizing? Because with this you can safely keep at range and still do very good amount of damage (even nova by Quickening it).

Boof of Ancients Secrets
Totally the one mandatory invocation, unless your DM is really a scrooge one. You will have a chance to get most good ritual spells. Especially if you go up to Warlock 5 (since it's half level rounded up).
If you're not sure of what good rituals are, check this guide (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?471722-Know-Your-Rites-A-Guide-to-Ritual-Casting-(Oraibi)) (was pretty sure there was such a guide on GoTP itself but didn't find it).

Just with these Invocations, you can fill in the role of ranged attacker and outside fight support nearly as well as a Cleric or Wizard (or both), as long as you are lucky (maybe hint your wishes at your DM, or ask him to design a quest?).

=== Options ===
Please note that these are wild ideas to give you some illustrations of what can be done. So the builds are not refined and may require tweaks, and are not "the best" or anything like that. Feel free to dump them all if not to your taste. :)

Warlock 5, Sorcerer 15: take Twin (or Extend) metamagic and Haste away, with Paladin being the first target and you the second. Take the Polearm Master Feat to get consistent bonus action attack, Sentinel to be side-by-side with Paladin stopping targets, and Resilient Con or Warcaster to avoid losing Haste and be in danger.
This is a fun but risky build though, so I show it more for the possible interactions between you and team than a true recommendation. Unless you're in YOLO mode. After all, you're still a squishy Warlock behind your quarterstaff. ;)

However, Twinning Haste two of your friends could be great in any situations. Be aware of drawback though, if the fight isn't finished when it ends it could get ugly.
Another option (going Warlock 7) would be Twin Polymorph. :)

Draconic Sorcerer 14 (fire), Warlock 3, Fighter 2 (only for Action Surge and Dueling, can perfectly be dropped otherwise or swapped for Evocation Wizard if you have INT for it).
Take Distant spell and Quicken spell, fire away Eldricht Blast or fire-related spells as needed, using Action Surge. Just having max CHA is fine, meaning you have ample space to get Spell Sniper and Elemental Adept feat. Careful Metamagic is a must here.

Warlock 7 / Draconic Sorcerer 10 / Swashbuckler (or Assassin) Rogue 3.
You really tread into gish now, but can be fun.
- Take Stealth and Perception expertise with Rogue.
- Take Extended spell if you like, Twin or Quicken to complete.
- Grab Resilient: CON and any other feat you like (Alert if going Swash, Mobile if going Assassin, Mage Slayer for any, Defensive Duelist for any).
- Maxing DEX is not strictly necessary since you will generally be at advantage, but is still a very good option if you plan on taking only 1-2 feats. Especially with Draconic Armor in balance. :)

Warlock's 4th level spells are here to fuel your Greater Invisibility at start. You can then attack at advantage, be attacked at disadvantage. Swash means you will have a great chance to start first, and allows you to freely disengage from enemies you attacked, limiting the risk. You are also extremely mobile, very good at hiding, so you can tandem with your Arcane Trickster pal (even tastier if you Twinned the spell on him). ;)

Be aware though that enemies that can see invisible creatures are not so rare, and you still have to Hide if you want to be hidden (= impossible to target you). So it's a nice tactic, but not one to rely on for whole carrier.

The one who could be qualified as the best manipulator is the one that does it unnoticed. :)
Wild Magic Sorcerer 11+ / Warlock remaining.
Take Subtle and Heightened metamagic and Lucky feat. Possibly cram 2 levels of Diviner Wizard if you can afford it somewhere.
The idea here is to get Warlock up to a level that corresponds to the one spell you plan on using most to debuff. Then use Subtle spell to cast it without anyone noticing, using Bend Luck and/or Lucky as necessary. If you don't care about being seen, use Heightened.
Sorcerer does not have Bestow Curse unfortunately, but still get plenty of nice control spells, for combat, sure, but most importantly, to divert and control full plots events without fighting: Suggestion, Confusion, Banishment, Dominate Beast/Person, Hold Person/Monster, Mass Suggestion...

Another way would be Warlock 9 / Sorcerer 3 / Bard 6, but that would make you a character limited to one-two tricks just for the pleasure of having short-rest Heightened non-concentration Bestow Curse. That would be too sad to even be considered. :)

Please remember that these are quick drafts to give you an idea of possibilities, and most of them shoehorn you as a half-caster of sorts. ;) Hope these will give you some ideas. Have fun!

Easy_Lee
2016-08-12, 01:00 PM
If you're looking to be more versatile, sorcerer won't help you. That's a blasting-focused class, and multiclassing will prevent you from getting high level spells as quickly. Sticking with warlock and taking the appropriate invocations and high level spells will make your character more versatile.

Fflewddur Fflam
2016-08-12, 02:25 PM
I am currently a lvl 3 Fiend Lock with Pact of the Tome. I am looking at multiclassing out of warlock and into sorcerer but cannot decide at what level it would be best to do that and trying to weigh the pros and cons of each level.

I am thinking either 3 Lock / 17 Sorc or sticking around in warlock longer for higher spell slots and an extra invocation or two.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

3 lock/ 17 sorc is a great combo. I'd recommend that. Most of the warlock goodies happens in the first 3 levels anyway.

Citan
2016-08-12, 02:43 PM
If you're looking to be more versatile, sorcerer won't help you. That's a blasting-focused class, and multiclassing will prevent you from getting high level spells as quickly. Sticking with warlock and taking the appropriate invocations and high level spells will make your character more versatile.
oO... One comment comes directly to my mind when reading such a thing...

"There is no one more blind than he who does not wish to see."
You clearly did never try to build anything else than a blasty Sorcerer, because there are many (many) great spells that focus on debuff or control and pair very well with Metamagic. See some of my illustrations above. ;) Sorcerer can even get some buffs.
His only drawback is the limited choice of spells, and since Favored Soul is not allowed...
If OP had said "I want more support" I would have agreed with you.
But with current party, either Sorcerer or Bard is the best bet to supplement. And since OP seems more interested in Sorcerer...

I agree with you though on the fact that pure Warlock can be perfectly fine.
But if OP is ready to sacrifice potential 8th or 9th level spells, being able to play with Metamagic for most of the career seems more than a fair trade-off to me. :)

Easy_Lee
2016-08-12, 02:49 PM

You clearly did never try to build anything else than a blasty Sorcerer, because there are many (many) great spells that focus on debuff or control and pair very well with Metamagic. See some of my illustrations above. ;) Sorcerer can even get some buffs.
His only drawback is the limited choice of spells, and since Favored Soul is not allowed...
If OP had said "I want more support" I would have agreed with you.
But with current party, either Sorcerer or Bard is the best bet to supplement. And since OP seems more interested in Sorcerer...

I agree with you in the fact that pure Warlock can be perfectly fine though, but if OP is ready to sacrifice potential 8th or 9th level spells, being able to play with Metamagic for most of the career seems more than a fair trade-off to me. :)

Whoa, chill there Citan. How can you agree with my premise but call me blind? The sorcerer spell pool is more heavily blast-focused than the warlock, when we consider invocations and ritual casting from tome pact. Yes, sorcerers can eventually twin buffs and such, but he won't be doing that in any meaningful way for several levels.

The reason to take warlock 3 / sorcerer 17 is because you want the best low-cost blasting in the form of quickened agonizing repelling eldritch blasts. A pure warlock does a lot of things which that build doesn't do, things which include the patron features and wide variety of invocations.

Citan
2016-08-12, 03:29 PM
Whoa, chill there Citan. How can you agree with my premise but call me blind? The sorcerer spell pool is more heavily blast-focused than the warlock, when we consider invocations and ritual casting from tome pact. Yes, sorcerers can eventually twin buffs and such, but he won't be doing that in any meaningful way for several levels.

That's the thing. I don't agree. AT ALL.
Sorcerer and Warlock share around 50% of their spells, and a high level Warlock can get powerful Invocations.
But, reading the options...
- at will Hold Monster requires Chain Pact, which is not OP choice. So Barred.
- Warlock's Confusion requires an Invocation for 1/long rest. Granted, it may be enough in usual use-cases, but still, that's a strong restraint.
- Same with Slow and Bane, although it's actually much worse than Sorcerer: you have to use Warlock slot so it may be overkill, and still once per long rest.
- Same with Conjure Elemental, with same remark. ALthough that one is an exclusive over Sorcerer, which is a good point.
Aaaand... That's it for Invocations.

Now on to spells: they share indeed quite a bunch of nice spells (such as Hold X, Invisibility, Crown of Madness, Suggestion etc). So... No problem?
Unfortunately, yes, problem.
Sorcerer is only one to get hands on many great spells such as Blindness (non-concentration), Slow (no limitation), Enhance Ability, Enlarge/Reduce, Polymorph, Greater Invisibility, in addition to blaster spells, which, considering the OP's party setup, could very well be one of his focuses (whereas Warlock proposes basically nothing, which is understandable considering Eldricht Blast).

Furthermore, there are many spells that are overkill when cast above their set level. While this is compensated somehow by having short-rest spell slots, it's still less practical than just spending the right amount of slot. Even more as a Sorcerer which can enhance them (Heightened to avoid pure waste, Twin or Quicken) and create spell slots in emergency.

Finally, the Warlock gets even less spell knowns than the Sorcerer (which does not know that many already). It's supposed to be compensated with Invocations, but what if no Invocation seems interesting?

As for the Book of Ancients Secrets, while I love it and usually chooses it, it does not hide the fact that its true potential depends on your DM: you don't learn new ones automatically as you progress so you may very well never learn any new one, or ones you don't care about. Furthermore, being Warlock 5 is enough to get a majority of all useful rituals. Only if one's focus was to learn a maximum possible of rituals, with the complicity of the DMs giving quests and encounters as needed for that, would this feature be a real strong argument for staying pure Warlock.

I'm sorry, but what you said is just plain wrong. Both times.
Only true point is that Sorcerer has more blast spells than the Warlock. Simply because Sorcerer has many more spells available for learning in the first place That does not prevent him to be versatile or even pure debuffer, it all depends on build.

Easy_Lee
2016-08-12, 03:34 PM
That's the thing. I don't agree. AT ALL.
Sorcerer and Warlock share around 50% of their spells, and a high level Warlock can get powerful Invocations.
But, reading the options...
- at will Hold Monster requires Chain Pact, which is not OP choice. So Barred.
- Warlock's Confusion requires an Invocation for 1/long rest. Granted, it may be enough in usual use-cases, but still, that's a strong restraint.
- Same with Slow and Bane, although it's actually much worse than Sorcerer: you have to use Warlock slot so it may be overkill, and still once per long rest.
- Same with Conjure Elemental, with same remark. ALthough that one is an exclusive over Sorcerer, which is a good point.
Aaaand... That's it for Invocations.

Now on to spells: they share indeed quite a bunch of nice spells (such as Hold X, Invisibility, Crown of Madness, Suggestion etc). So... No problem?
Unfortunately, yes, problem.
Sorcerer is only one to get hands on many great spells such as Blindness (non-concentration), Slow (no limitation), Enhance Ability, Enlarge/Reduce, Polymorph, Greater Invisibility, in addition to blaster spells, which, considering the OP's party setup, could very well be one of his focuses (whereas Warlock proposes basically nothing, which is understandable considering Eldricht Blast).

Furthermore, there are many spells that are overkill when cast above their set level. While this is compensated somehow by having short-rest spell slots, it's still less practical than just spending the right amount of slot. Even more as a Sorcerer which can enhance them (Heightened to avoid pure waste, Twin or Quicken) and create spell slots in emergency.

Finally, the Warlock gets even less spell knowns than the Sorcerer (which does not know that many already). It's supposed to be compensated with Invocations, but what if no Invocation seems interesting?

I'm sorry, but what you said is just plain wrong. Both times.
Only true point is that Sorcerer has more blast spells than the Warlock. Simply because Sorcerer has many more spells available for learning in the first place That does not prevent him to be versatile or even pure debuffer, it all depends on build.

You asked a lot of "what if" type questions in this post, and made a lot of assumptions. You assume you know exactly what the OP wants. Fact is, nobody does because the OP hasn't been very specific. That's why everyone's presenting different options.

Rather than attacking my idea, why not just propose your own? Or did you come here to argue?

Citan
2016-08-12, 03:38 PM
You asked a lot of "what if" type questions in this post, and made a lot of assumptions. You assume you know exactly what the OP wants. Fact is, nobody does because the OP hasn't been very specific. That's why everyone's presenting different options.

Rather than attacking my idea, why not just propose your own? Or did you come here to argue?
For one with a master degree in business communications or something like that, you have sometimes funny understandings. ;)

First, I expressed my ideas. Already. In a post above yours. Which I directed you to when we first exchanged in this thread.
Second, I didn't attack "your idea". Quite the opposite if you read back, I agreed with you that staying pure Warlock was a very valid choice.

I merely pointed out that telling this...
"If you're looking to be more versatile, sorcerer won't help you. hat's a blasting-focused class."
Is just plainly wrong, and only reflects your own taste and playstyle while playing Sorcerer. Which I fully respect, mind you. I just don't want OP to get mistaken on Sorcerer potential and renounce multiclassing to play with Metamagic just because he would believe it's a "worse choice". That's all.

Easy_Lee
2016-08-12, 03:51 PM
I didn't attack "your idea". Quite the opposite if you read back, I agreed with you that staying pure Warlock was a very valid choice.

Hey, remember that time you posted this?

You clearly did never try to build anything else than a blasty Sorcerer...

Citan
2016-08-12, 03:59 PM
Hey, remember that time you posted this?
Well, yes, and I stand by it. It does not contradict at all the fact that I agree that your suggestion to OP to stay single-class is also totally valid.
If you are not able to understand the difference, then so be it, because I admit not having the necessary skills to help you understand.
Anyways, we clearly went to the end of what could be told on this, so I'll stop here to prevent further derailment.

@OP: sorry about this and decide what to do based on what is fun for you before anything else (well, just keep the party's interest in mind ^^). Just come back sometimes to tell us what you decided in the end if you can, could be nice. :)

Corginin
2016-08-13, 10:11 AM
I appreciate the insight from all parties, just remember we are all discussing something we enjoy so play nice. :)

I was definitely more interested in going Bard MC however it doesn't really fit the character as much as Sorcerer. I am still torn between how to split it, though I had taken into consideration the Sorcerer 14, Warlock 3, Fighter 2 combination.

Next session is in a few hours and I anticipate we will be leveling so I may just take Sorc now (possibly up to Metamagic) until I can determine how deep I want to go in Warlock.

It's a nice party you have here. If I have to guess by following the typical stereotypes...
Arcane Trickster Rogue is using defensive buffs and usually wades into melee, falling back on shortbow when needed?
Ancients Paladin casts Bless on all three (him, Rogue, Druid) to help wade in melee, and tries to draw enemies?
Moon Druid shapes into Bear to bite everything?

The Trickster (gnome) is big into Illusions and stabbing people. I don't believe the paladin has cast any spells yet and has thrown more Javelins than the rogue has shot with her bow. Though the druid has been nothing be a Bear and Squirrel so at least that guy fits the stereo type. So realistically I am the only one truly being ranged at all times.

Citan
2016-08-13, 11:03 AM
I was definitely more interested in going Bard MC however it doesn't really fit the character as much as Sorcerer. I am still torn between how to split it, though I had taken into consideration the Sorcerer 14, Warlock 3, Fighter 2 combination.

The Trickster (gnome) is big into Illusions and stabbing people. I don't believe the paladin has cast any spells yet and has thrown more Javelins than the rogue has shot with her bow. Though the druid has been nothing be a Bear and Squirrel so at least that guy fits the stereo type. So realistically I am the only one truly being ranged at all times.
Hahahaha (bolded part). I'm feeling your Paladin pal may be a bit frustrated that smite doesn't work on ranged attacks by RAW. ^^

Apart from that...
- I never realized you were actually more interested in Bard than Sorcerer, must have missed the hint. If you're hesitating for mechanical reasons, do not. It's different but can be great also.
Although, I'm pretty sure you will have a blast (*ahem*) with the Sorcerer (Metamagic \o/).
- If you feel you're doing good enough with your current Charisma and Dex, then go for it. Otherwise, I'd suggest you first take 4th level Warlock to be set (max CHA and better Armor and Initiative seems nice to me, especially if you take Draconic Sorcerer after). But to be honest, I have little doubt that you are doing fine, with +4 modifier already. ^^

Have fun!

Corginin
2016-08-13, 11:21 AM
Hahahaha (bolded part). I'm feeling your Paladin pal may be a bit frustrated that smite doesn't work on ranged attacks by RAW. ^^

Apart from that...
- I never realized you were actually more interested in Bard than Sorcerer, must have missed the hint. If you're hesitating for mechanical reasons, do not. It's different but can be great also.
Although, I'm pretty sure you will have a blast (*ahem*) with the Sorcerer (Metamagic \o/).
- If you feel you're doing good enough with your current Charisma and Dex, then go for it. Otherwise, I'd suggest you first take 4th level Warlock to be set (max CHA and better Armor and Initiative seems nice to me, especially if you take Draconic Sorcerer after). But to be honest, I have little doubt that you are doing fine, with +4 modifier already. ^^

Have fun!

Oh no nothing mechanical, just RP wise it doesn't fit the character. I got carried away and wrote a 10 page backstory. :(

Thanks for all the help though!

Citan
2016-08-13, 01:02 PM
Oh no nothing mechanical, just RP wise it doesn't fit the character. I got carried away and wrote a 10 page backstory. :(

Thanks for all the help though!
I sooo feel you bro. Happens to me nearly everything I design an NPC. Starts as an ex-Druid petty fruit seller and ends as a powerful backstage guy planning to overthrow the country by way of economic disaster... XD