PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Dragons Are Above My Pay Grade!

Britsky
2016-08-12, 12:10 PM
I came across the "Dragons are above my pay grade" (am not able to post links yet...) adventure and was wondering if anyone here had tried and would recommend it?

From what i gather it involves having a party of level one PC's going round collecting artifacts so that they can take on a red dragon, which sounds like something that would appeal to me, low powered chars using unconventional tactics to defeat a much more powerful foe and all that.

So like i said, anyone ever tried it? If so is it any good/any good for a first time DM?

walfulninja
2016-08-12, 09:39 PM
The Commoner Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?232822-The-Commoner-Handbook) has some great advice for playing as a very low power character.

Britsky
2016-08-13, 12:17 PM
Thanks, will give it a read.
But was more wondering if anyone had any advice on running a low level game?
If they'd recommend that adventure or if they new of any similar ones?

barakaka
2016-08-14, 01:10 AM
I'm not sure about 3rd party adventures, but the Eberron Campaign Setting has an adventure module at the end called The Forgotten Forge. It's part of a string of adventure modules that start at level 1 and I believe finish at around 7-10. The modules focus on finding a set of Schemas which form a magical tapestry of unknown origin and power.

When you do make it to 10 posts and can finally post urls, let me know where you found Dragons Are Above My Pay Grade, because I'm also interested in that.

Britsky
2016-08-14, 11:07 AM
I'm not sure about 3rd party adventures, but the Eberron Campaign Setting has an adventure module at the end called The Forgotten Forge. It's part of a string of adventure modules that start at level 1 and I believe finish at around 7-10. The modules focus on finding a set of Schemas which form a magical tapestry of unknown origin and power.

When you do make it to 10 posts and can finally post urls, let me know where you found Dragons Are Above My Pay Grade, because I'm also interested in that.

Here you go http://zenithgames.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/dragons-are-above-my-pay-grade.html