PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Animated Objects - Construct Armor = Power Armor?

thecrimsondawn
2016-08-12, 01:39 PM
As the topic says, I plan to make something akin to power armor for my wizard, but a couple of questions come up that are a bit...vague

There is one sentence "The construct’s wearer retains his base attacks and saves. " that has my attention. So, BAB is relative to extra attacks and saves are always going to be better using yours when it comes to constructs, but it says nothing about the construct loosing any ability or attack it possesses on its own.

So my questions are thus,
1: Do I retain the option to use the slam attack the animated object has while wearing it, using my BAB?
2: Since it says nothing about stats, would I use the physical stats of the armor, or both the physical and mental stats of the armor (INT and CON excluded) while wearing it? If I can use its stats, I am thinking about bumping its STR up to a solid 40 or more and thrashing anything that gets close to me.

Anyone have any ideas on how this would work?

Necroticplague
2016-08-12, 02:44 PM
It doesn't say that you can use your construct's natural weapons or abilities while wearing it, so you can't.

thecrimsondawn
2016-08-12, 05:37 PM
It doesn't say that you can use your construct's natural weapons or abilities while wearing it, so you can't.

No it does not, but it does clarify what it uses from YOU wearing it. I can understand natural attacks, but the construct is under your orders, and even tho you are wearing it, it does "no independent action". It is saying that it will not act on its own, but it says nothing about it being unable to act via at all.
If it had a 1/day ability of some sort, then by ordering it to use it, it would use it since it is not an independent action. Natural attacks are a little different tho depending on what the attacks are.