PDA

View Full Version : Help me convert a campagin from Pathfinder to 5th (specificaly 3 things)

Blue Duke
2016-08-12, 03:03 PM
the players are all Orc or half orcs from a tribe of said - its set in 'antiquity' and i'm using it to set up the history of my world sadly with 5th edition atleast two of my players lose something.

one of them is a white haired witch with a compi companion ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compsognathus ) and i need to know if any one has come with a white haired witch home brew that is reasonably balanced.

the other has a Rhino companion but she's some kind of weird pathfinder Archetype so i may have to have her go ranger.

Thirdly ! i need to figure out general NPC creation because most of the enemies are going to be Elven or half-Elven soldiers.....do i just throw weapons and armor on them and assume they are proficient ?

eastmabl
2016-08-12, 03:18 PM
the players are all Orc or half orcs from a tribe of said - its set in 'antiquity' and i'm using it to set up the history of my world sadly with 5th edition atleast two of my players lose something.

one of them is a white haired witch with a compi companion ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compsognathus ) and i need to know if any one has come with a white haired witch home brew that is reasonably balanced.

the other has a Rhino companion but she's some kind of weird pathfinder Archetype so i may have to have her go ranger.

Thirdly ! i need to figure out general NPC creation because most of the enemies are going to be Elven or half-Elven soldiers.....do i just throw weapons and armor on them and assume they are proficient ?

Reskinning/reflavoring is your friend in 5e. If you're looking for something balance, try to find something analogous and run with it.

1. Look at the warlock with the Pact of the Chain. Just reflavor warlock as "witch" and reskin the pseudodragon as the compi.

2. I'm assuming that this player is a druid, since there wouldn't be an issue with the change into ranger. If the player wants to stay a druid, you might direct her to the multiclassing rules for a druid/ranger cross-class.

3. In 5e, NPCs use different rules than PCs. You want to look at the Monster Manual Appendix on NPCs. As an alternative, you could look at reskinning certain monsters as elves/half-elves.