PDA

View Full Version : Braces Springs Loose?

Pavbat666
2016-08-12, 03:48 PM
So I didn't know where to ask, but here I am. So, I have had braces since last November, and lately, they attached these springs into my mouth, which are suppose to help decrease my overbite, which by the way, is HUGE. Well, I've had them now for about a week, and I know the process is slow, and I haven't really been seeing a big difference. However, I then noticed something, and I don't know if this is normal or not. One of the springs, more specifically, the spring on my left side, where the bottom "hook" is attached is WAY looser than my right spring. If I take the hook, and push it upwards, it extends a lot, and in general the left side feels way looser than the right, and has more movement to it. The right side is way stiffer, and I cannot push the hook up at all. Did I break something, or is it because I chew more on my left side? I really don't want to go to my orthodontist unless it is a complete emergency like a broken bracket, considering I went there a week ago, and my schedule is rather tight. Can someone please explain to me?

FinnLassie
2016-08-12, 04:31 PM
Honestly, the best and likely the only person who can give you the perfect answer to this is your orthodontist. I would recommend just contacting them asap.

AdmiralCheez
2016-08-13, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I would just call them and ask. No need to actually go down there unless they need to inspect it and fix it.