PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Thoughts on grafting race/racial traits onto other races?

Amiel
2016-08-13, 03:35 AM
So, my players will be playing in the modern world (yes I know), assessing, investigating and putting down supernatural and paranormal threats.
A theme of the setting is that people are kept ignorant of the supernatural, the paranormal and the like to prevent widespread panic and breakdown of society.
People still think elves, dwarves, etc only exist in fairytales, but they do exist but are rare.
Elves have been recast as fey lords who abduct children, pets and adults and are heavily inspired by Changeling the Lost, for example.

The elves, true to some folklore, are the ones who inspired the original abduction myths. Their extreme beauty is also as much glamor as anything, they still are extremely attractive if you could pierce it but their glamor allows them to affect emotions or actions in their victims.

Grays are also a feature of the setting, they're a strain of us from the future, here to conduct experiments on our base forms and livestock, to prepare or protect or eliminate us for some unknowable end.

The elves and grays are locked in a secret war.

I originally decided to have them access racial/race traits specific to other races but am actually considering having them play other races but refluff that fact to have them just appear as human.

Thoughts on this please? And on the idea of taking race/racial traits and applying these traits to another race?