PDA

View Full Version : Player Help What was the funnest build you ever played?

Belac93
2016-08-13, 12:39 PM
Hello playground! I'm having a game starting up in a few days, and am severely lacking in ideas for a character!

So, my question is simple; what is the funnest 5e character build you have ever played?

Note that I am not looking for an optimized build, or a build that can do everything, and I definitely do not want any multiclassing between sorcerers, warlocks, and paladins (I'm sick of that stuff). I want a build that is interesting and fun to play. The game will probably start from levels 1 and 4 (not sure which yet), and probably will not go to a very high level.

hymer
2016-08-13, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure if it was my Acolyte Assassin or my homebrew background Druid, getting three mini-PCs from copying the Noble's retainers.
The assassin was brought up a huntress for her early life, and discovered a spiritual side of herself. She entered the priesthood, where they recruited her to their equivalent of black ops. She specialized in sniping people. To have it be fun, you need to enjoy shooting people from stealth.
The druid was an arctic land druid, with Frostbite as a cantrip. Druids are remarkable, as I obiovusly believe, but getting to scout and infiltrate as cat was just so much fun. There's so much fun stuff you can try out between spells and wild shape. High dex and elf for a longbow, giving me something useful to do with my actions. Once I even went dual short swords to finish a fight. And I could play as four different characters for most casual encounters, so I'd be a dwarf (angry, but at least he was bitter about it), a shy maidservant and an experienced, grizzled butler-type guy, all in addition to my primary character.

Gastronomie
2016-08-13, 01:10 PM
I definitely do not want any multiclassing between sorcerers, warlocks, and paladins (I'm sick of that stuff*Frowns*

At that level, it's actually difficult to pull off most "fun builds", but a Monster Hunter (from UA) with the Martial Adept feat (I took riposte and intimidating attack) was pretty fun. Shame it needs to be variant human to work at those levels, but it had amazing utility.

Corran
2016-08-13, 01:15 PM
Haven't played it yet, but I bet that a warlock with mask of many faces and the actor feat (and perhaps the friends cantrip too) will be tons of fun!

hymer
2016-08-13, 01:17 PM
Haven't played it yet, but I bet that a warlock with mask of many faces and the actor feat (and perhaps the friends cantrip too) will be tons of fun!

One of my players just made such a character, a tiefling hiding from the cruel world behind magic. I haven't seen it in action yet, but I agree it sounds fun.

Sir cryosin
2016-08-13, 01:17 PM
Some of my most fun times in any of my characters is when I take the DM by surprise. Last week game I'm playing a fighter, rogue my character chased after a small pseudo-dragon. That led to a big undead knight dude that has (had) a magic greatsword. The party has no idea were I'm at I'm talking to the guy. Asking to help us out killing someone that he want to see tortured for all eternity. Anyway off topic so he attacks almost taking me out it my turn I attack hit him I use my battle maneuver to disarm him then picked up his sword and disengage and ran like hell. My DM face was stunned and everybody else at the table were laughing their asses off. Another time the whole entire party was talking to a wizard who was guarding a artifact that we needed to get to destroy the bad guy I went into stealth as I went into stealth the range of the party has passed without Trace so I have was rocking a 40 stealth. I snuck over stole the sword hand it to the ranger the ranger was a half me so I picked them up put them on my back when We snuck over stole the sword gave the swords that have wings in the half way back over to the party then I proceeded to go over to the wizard and I pickpocket the Wizards Arcane Focus component pouch and his spell book. So we went to go start to fight the wizard and the DM when to go cast a spell I said well well well well how are you cast the spell without any of your components Arcane focus. So my best advice for you is if you want to find character just think outside the box.

Gastronomie
2016-08-13, 01:19 PM
Haven't played it yet, but I bet that a warlock with mask of many faces and the actor feat (and perhaps the friends cantrip too) will be tons of fun!Add Misty Visions to make it even more trollish.

The problem will be that some DMs frown upon these builds, especially if the other players can't get spotlight as a result of this guy being too efficient.

Madbox
2016-08-13, 07:04 PM
Depending on the other players, a wizard built along the lines of the God Wizard guide can be fun. Idea is you focus on buffs/debuffs, and everyone else slaughters the baddies. It's at its best when the other players recognize how useful you are, but still revel in the fact that they get the kills.

Personally, I find that having a character that you can roleplay a lot, even in combat. Tell insults while you fight, do crazy stuff.

Aembrosia
2016-08-13, 07:24 PM
Druid Life Cleric, Remus Lupin

Literally just JK Rowling's Remus Lupin.

"its going to be okay, you got hurt, its alright. Here, eat this chocolate. It will make you feel better." x10 4hp goodberries. Turn into a wolf.

Discord
2016-08-13, 07:26 PM
One of the more fun characters I played.

An Aarakocra Arcane Trickster Rogue.

Cantrips: Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Minor Illusion

Don't recall the spells I picked, but we never made it to 9th level.

This character, they called him, "Crow" because well, his bird was a Crow rather than the more traditional Eagle that you see Aarakocra at.

He had a 100 uses for ball bearings in this campaign. The campaign was a post-apocalyptic campaign, and there were these 'fast moving' zombies that couldn't see and reacted on sound. So of course, I became an amazing scout, with me, my hooded lantern and my bag of ball bearings.

I would throw a single ball bearing down hallways to see if it would attract the attention of any of these zombies, once they ran towards the source of the sound I'd scatter the ball bearings in a square really quick and let them come after me, they'd run face first into a wall, then I'd get a good sneak attack in on them while the rest of the party unleashed.

At one point our party was running away from some raiders, I flew up above, and was dropping things like alchemist flasks, bags of ball bearings, etc to slow down their pursuit of my party through the alleyways.

I liked to play pranks on the party, by using the Prestidigitation spell to flavor the parties drink/food to taste like something awful.

Over all, one of the more fun characters I got to roleplay, even if we found out at the end that none of the choices we made mattered and it was just one big rail road that we never saw coming.

mgshamster
2016-08-13, 07:48 PM
Tiefling Monk of the Four Elements - all his powers (including the tiefling powers and the AC boost from the monk class) are flavored as divine gifts. Background: he tried to be a paladin, but wasn't enough of a fanatic to join the ranks - but he is a strong believer in his God and his God granted him these gifts.

Tough Butter
2016-08-13, 08:29 PM
Okay, for a campaign I was in, they asked for something "original" to spice up the group.

Our group had two basic un-optimized race/class builds, a total munchkin build from a really story-driven player, and me.

I played a half-elf bard/barbarian who wielded an axe with metal strings on the end pumping short jots of electricity to a steam generator on my back.

I was a metal head.

He had a pink faux hawk and a bleached blonde hair, basically shouted at people in lyrical rhythm.

Often times, people would thank him for a well-timed spell (all attack-based, mind you!) and he would act all angsty

You see, my character never meant to cast spells, he just wanted to play death metal and things just blew up.

Really liking this thread, BTW!

RickAllison
2016-08-13, 10:03 PM
One of the more fun characters I played.

An Aarakocra Arcane Trickster Rogue.

Cantrips: Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Minor Illusion

Don't recall the spells I picked, but we never made it to 9th level.

This character, they called him, "Crow" because well, his bird was a Crow rather than the more traditional Eagle that you see Aarakocra at.

He had a 100 uses for ball bearings in this campaign. The campaign was a post-apocalyptic campaign, and there were these 'fast moving' zombies that couldn't see and reacted on sound. So of course, I became an amazing scout, with me, my hooded lantern and my bag of ball bearings.

I would throw a single ball bearing down hallways to see if it would attract the attention of any of these zombies, once they ran towards the source of the sound I'd scatter the ball bearings in a square really quick and let them come after me, they'd run face first into a wall, then I'd get a good sneak attack in on them while the rest of the party unleashed.

At one point our party was running away from some raiders, I flew up above, and was dropping things like alchemist flasks, bags of ball bearings, etc to slow down their pursuit of my party through the alleyways.

I liked to play pranks on the party, by using the Prestidigitation spell to flavor the parties drink/food to taste like something awful.

Over all, one of the more fun characters I got to roleplay, even if we found out at the end that none of the choices we made mattered and it was just one big rail road that we never saw coming.

I actually was about to suggest a similar build, a raven-focused Swashbuckler :smallsmile:. I had a blast playing one who would use his height advantage in combination with various tools (pitons were his default; he would fly up to a wall or ceiling and jam pitons into cracks to establish hand and footholds) to be all over the place. The plan was for him to later MC into Bladesinger, but I ended up retiring him because I didn't like that he stepped on the toes of our halfling Arcane Trickster.

I would almost like to do a cantrip-master with those levels. Have a creative at-will solution to everything...

Sigreid
2016-08-13, 10:11 PM
I know it's not a popular answer, but I've recently started playing a Champion fighter and it's a blast. He's a sneaking, climbing, wrestling, arrow shooting, ax throwing, war-hammer wielding machine. A true full service all around adventurer. Because he doesn't have a lot of specific abilities, I don't feel limited in what I can try. Of course I trust my DM to make a fair call. Also, because he only has two rest dependent abilities, action surge and second wind, I always feel ready to go and always on.

Elminster298
2016-08-13, 10:33 PM
The most fun character I have played(in 5th ed) was Trastor Foamfollower my Lightfoot Halfling Diviner 2/Lore Bard with the lucky feat. I chose him because I was the fifth player in an already well balanced party so I made the most optimized "helper" character possible. His history is he was a ship's mage for a pirate ship. The pirates stole from ships but very rarely ever killed anyone because Trastor's ability to change the future allowed them to take most ships without a shot being fired. In the party I would use buffs/debuffs to help out and the portent ability to make sure an important attack hit or enemy save was failed. It was an absolute blast being so incredibly helpful without ever having to make an attack roll! I never once killed an enemy but through inspiration and portent was the deciding factor for almost every kill any party member ever got.

R.Shackleford
2016-08-13, 11:21 PM
Hello playground! I'm having a game starting up in a few days, and am severely lacking in ideas for a character!

So, my question is simple; what is the funnest 5e character build you have ever played?

Note that I am not looking for an optimized build, or a build that can do everything, and I definitely do not want any multiclassing between sorcerers, warlocks, and paladins (I'm sick of that stuff). I want a build that is interesting and fun to play. The game will probably start from levels 1 and 4 (not sure which yet), and probably will not go to a very high level.

In all honesty funnest classes I've used in 5e have all come from homebrew.

I've had plenty of characters themselves to be super fun, but it had nothing to do with 5e rules. However, when using homebrew with cool and interesting rules... That's when I've had my most fun.

5e base classes can be fun, but... they just don't compare to homebrew.

NNescio
2016-08-14, 12:06 AM
Illusionist Wizard.

Minor Illusion caltrops, real caltrops, real caltrops with Minor Illusion floor over them, Minor Illusion bonfire, actual Create Bonfire bonfire, Silent Image wall over doors, Silent Image open doors (for Looney Tunesque shenanigans), Silent Image gelatinous cube, Minor Illusion cardboard box objects suitable to the environment to hide in, using Chill Touch while hiding in a Minor Illusion, etc, etc.

(And when your illusions fail to work, just use Malleable Illusions to reset it.)

Granted, you do need a DM who doesn't metagame against illusions.

Moosoculars
2016-08-14, 09:30 AM
I would suggest a half Orc barbarian / bard. Form a heavy metal band and rage in the mosh pit. Use spells to augment your performance and go nuts. Think of a decent band name and tour the realm. I went with Arterial Spray. Not at all optimised but great fun.

2D8HP
2016-08-14, 02:36 PM
Noble background human Barbarian who rages at every perceived slight. Not at all inspired by anyone in real life current events.
:wink:
I'm 'sarcastic, but not that sarcastic'*

Carthago delenda est

Laserlight
2016-08-14, 04:21 PM
The most fun character I've played recently was a paladin: an impertubable half orc hillbilly paladin of St Dale the Intimidator. Think of a combination of Forrest Gump and Gomer Pyle, except with a much thicker Appalachian accent and a plug of chewing tobacco (and tobacco juice stains on his breastplate). Junior was paired with my son's character, Brother Jebediah (imagine an excitable Southern Baptist preacher who just chugged a couple of Red Bulls). There were times the other players were laughing so hard they couldn't talk.

But the fun part of that was not the build, but the character. Same thing with my warforged fighter Unit DEN-10 (who was interesting because he was brain-damaged), or my halfling swashbuckler/bard (pathologically overconfident, and an insatiable ladies' man).

Most fun build...I'd say sorcerer. Invisible, Fly, Wall of Fire, Fireball, not to mention the player's expression the first time I Polymorped his monk into a giant ape...

Nicodiemus
2016-08-15, 12:56 AM
The thing is, OP, the most fun character is going to mean different things to different people. I've gone the gamut from super silly to super serious depending on the campaign. Below are some examples:

Fr. Hamish Andegs- a life cleric with a penchant for cooking. Handled pot for a helmet, large soup ladle was an improvised club. And it took so long for the other players to get the joke in his name.

Wiz14/F1 Evoker with a soldier background. A cannon with environmental control spells like Web. Would grumble about having left the military to get away from this s#!t while popping fireballs and the like.

Swashbuckling Bladesinger- almost unhittable, he was like a whirling dervish

The Venerable Dusty Fatherless One, an Open Hand Monk with a filthy mouth and a penchant for speaking in a rhyming shout. From the Wu-Tang Clan, of course.

I'm currently starting a GOOlock that I'm modeling after Predator. Probably MC into Ranger after I get PotB. I'm playing him mute, only speaking to declare encounter actions. Using the telepathy with note cards, and pairing them with Internet photos of roadkill, maggots, screaming faces, and horror images to represent the twisted mind of his patron.

Let your mind get creative. There's tons of ideas out there waiting to be appropriated.

Good luck

thebiglost1
2016-08-15, 05:33 AM
Arcane trickster 13/shadow monk 7

Started out as a super sneaky stab stab and ended up being the bane of my DMs life. Only magic items I remember were a hat of disguise and a sun blade, but towards the end of the campaign I ended up playing him more as the tank, with a naked AC of 20, dodge on command mixed wth uncanny dodge and evasion I could take a lot of hits, mixed with 2 attacks plus sneak attack/ on command advantage from my invisible mage hand [another thing my DM abhorred lol] could give as well as he took.

Our main objective of the campaign was to kill the 4 horsemen of the coming apocalypse and the final fight was against death, first in the form of a ancient black dragon with a little fluff and then as death himself as a home brew super-lich. Was a great 9 months or so of gaming.

thebiglost1
2016-08-15, 05:36 AM
I'm currently starting a GOOlock that I'm modeling after Predator. Probably MC into Ranger after I get PotB. I'm playing him mute, only speaking to declare encounter actions. Using the telepathy with note cards, and pairing them with Internet photos of roadkill, maggots, screaming faces, and horror images to represent the twisted mind of his patron.

Let your mind get creative. There's tons of ideas out there waiting to be appropriated.

Good luck
Another PC I played was shadow monk/ GOO that I also played as a mute. Was very fun

imneuromancer
2016-08-15, 09:49 AM
Rogue 1/Wizard X, was the trapfinder and investigator of the party. Oh yeah, and could cast a couple of spells now and then.

BoutsofInsanity
2016-08-15, 10:42 AM
Currently Dming against this one. And I love it.

Greybolt the Assasssin. Homebrewed a Scorpion (Roman) Crossbow. 2d8 Brutal 2 (Reroll 1's and 2's on Damage Dice), takes an action to set up and a bonus action to reload.

An angry, Duegar Ranger 3/Rogue Assassin 8. With Crossbow Expert and Sniper, he sets up from 600 feet away, poisons a massive bolt and shoots the poor bastard before he can see it coming. His attacks are typically accompanied by the sound effect of "WHAM" and us clapping our hands together. With the auto critical from the Assassin Class Feature, poison, and extra 10 damage from feats, he puts out around 90+ damage in a shot.

Its fun, because, he gets to live out the dream of being a sniper. I have to roleplay what my characters are doing, and whether or not they would know realistically that a predator is coming for them from far away, and, design my encounters realistically in a way that doesn't just arbitrally hose his whole concept.

It's also fun when his weakness to melee, monks, barbarians, and teleporting monsters decide they want to destroy him. So, all in all, a fantastic character to run for.

thebiglost1
2016-08-15, 02:22 PM
Currently Dming against this one. And I love it.

Greybolt the Assasssin. Homebrewed a Scorpion (Roman) Crossbow. 2d8 Brutal 2 (Reroll 1's and 2's on Damage Dice), takes an action to set up and a bonus action to reload.

An angry, Duegar Ranger 3/Rogue Assassin 8. With Crossbow Expert and Sniper, he sets up from 600 feet away, poisons a massive bolt and shoots the poor bastard before he can see it coming. His attacks are typically accompanied by the sound effect of "WHAM" and us clapping our hands together. With the auto critical from the Assassin Class Feature, poison, and extra 10 damage from feats, he puts out around 90+ damage in a shot.

Its fun, because, he gets to live out the dream of being a sniper. I have to roleplay what my characters are doing, and whether or not they would know realistically that a predator is coming for them from far away, and, design my encounters realistically in a way that doesn't just arbitrally hose his whole concept.

It's also fun when his weakness to melee, monks, barbarians, and teleporting monsters decide they want to destroy him. So, all in all, a fantastic character to run for.
The only problem I see for this is designing encounters that allow him to have 600' of unobstructed views and snipe people while still allowing the rest of the party to contribute.

Foxhound438
2016-08-15, 03:15 PM
the absolute dumbest most "paladin" stereotype ancients paladin you can imagine. Preferably permanently wacked out on shrooms or some other hallucinogen. If you get the chance, take any given evil possessed magic item you can find and argue with it constantly. Or pick inheritor as your background and be the unknowing bearer of some supreme evil while you're spreading good through the land (mostly by killing things you perceive to be evil.)

Jeebs
2016-08-15, 03:36 PM
If you know it won't be a high level campaign, I'd play a Variant Human to have a Feat right off the bat. You have a chance to get one of your character's core mechanics immediately.

Heavy Armor Master is very strong at low levels, so I'd have fun charging in and taking hits at level 1, when most other characters have to shoot from cover and hope for good rolls to survive.

I'd choose between Fighter or Paladin for class? Two Weapon Fighting is another aspect of the game that starts strong and peters out. Two Weapon Fighting Style on your Fighter to clear crowds of goblins or kobolds? Use handaxes to attack in melee or at range.

Then at level 3 you can take the Battlemaster archetype and the Sweeping Attack maneuver to double down on your ability to attack tons of enemies at once.

I'd probably pump CHA as my secondary stat, since Rally is another fun maneuver (and another one that's better at low levels), and you can get Proficiency in some nice skills for out of combat.

Otherwise you can pump up INT or WIS as your social/skill stat, or just CON for more toughness.

XmonkTad
2016-08-15, 03:47 PM
I loved my moon druid/open hand monk hybrid. Shape-shifting is just so versatile and fun. Housecat or lion you have good AC, and spiders make great scouts until you can fly. I made a character named "songbug" and he knew how to make the sound a mosquito makes when it goes in your ear on the bagpipes. He ended up turning into an octopus a lot. He was tons of fun. Lower power than the rest of our group, but really shined out of combat (or in combat with strange hazards like cliffs, rivers, etc).

JellyPooga
2016-08-15, 04:45 PM
The most fun I've had with a character was in an unfortunately short-lived PbP game, in which I played an unarmoured Half-Orc Barbarian/Rogue Sailor wielding a Whip & Shield.

The build gets off the ground at lvl.2 (Barb 1/Rogue 1) with Expertise in Athletics and Sneak Attack combining with Rage and massive Strength to turn that poxy little whip (as well as any furniture that came into reach) into an implement of destruction! There's plenty to look forward to at higher levels, including Shield Master, Sentinel, Reckless Attack and so forth, though I doubt it would ever achieve a great deal at a high-op table, but it just...worked. Big an intimidatin' (Expertise, of course and a decent enough Cha), stealthy, trap-findy (to an extent), brutal in combat; the character had a lot going for him in a variety of situations.

The real fun was in coming up with "take down" descriptions for the whip; lots of broken limbs/necks, lacerations, trips and exploding eyeballs (I saved that one for a crit!). Not so applicable in a tabletop game unless you're good at that sort of thing on the fly, but it was great in PbP, where you've got time to think about such things!

Theodoxus
2016-08-15, 05:00 PM
The problem will be that some DMs frown upon these builds, especially if the other players can't get spotlight as a result of this guy being too efficient.

I'm DMing such a warlock. His patron is an archdemon Horseman of War, and he's started using MoMF to murder nobles and infiltrate their lives. I was less concerned with his showboating and more the fact that it made it impossible for the party to be cohesive. Logically, there was no way he could be in two places at once, but insisted on being with the party when they were planning attacks. I eventually nixed it - his patron told him to be the warlord he was meant to be, leading her army, not playing pretend. She took away his MoMF and the ability to cast Disguise Self completely away. She did replace it with two other invocations of his choice though - she's not completely heartless (and she's secretly in love with him, and doesn't want him mopey). It did come with a stipulation: No whining or complaining about it, or she'd strip him of all vested power.

To the OP, the funnest character I've played so far is a halfling swashbuckler. He's only 4th, but I'm going to MC into Fighter (for BM at 7th) at 5th level. The look on my tables faces the first time we rolled initiative at level 4 was priceless. We rolled stats, and I got an 18 and a 17 - which I placed in Dex and Chr respectively, so my 3rd level Initiative was +9 thanks to swashbuckler. At 4th, I grabbed Alert - boosting it to +14... When I called out I had a 26 initiative that first fight... hilarious.

But I love halfling rogues... sneaking around and squeezing into places others can't get... it's the best!

DivisibleByZero
2016-08-15, 06:26 PM
I know you said no pally / sorc multi, but that was the most fun 5e character I've played.
Half elf pally 2 / favored soul (trickery) sorc with the criminal background. She was a priestess of Tymora (the goddess of luck) , and could literally do just about whatever the party needed at the time.

Right now I'm playing a monk. My wife was polymorphed into a wolf by an evil mage using powerful magic. I began learning nature magic to protect her (circle of the beast druid from dms guild) so that I could protect her while I search for a way to change her back. She is now my companion.

Lolzyking
2016-08-16, 01:52 PM
I know you don't want Sorclocks BUT I'm not doing it for Eldritch blast.

The funnest things I've done with it however

Twinned catapult +quickened shocking grasp on a knight I'd restrained the previous turn

Oramac
2016-08-16, 04:20 PM
I think it's worth noting that "build" implies some amount of multiclassing. If not, you just have a character using its regular features (possibly with a Feat or two).

That said, the most fun build I've played is my Tempest Sorcerer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?493427-Tempest-Sorcerer-Tank&p=20954743#post20954743).

I do also have a soft spot for a straight up Vengeance Paladin. I love the Punisher feel of them, and there's a surprising amount of variety in the manner you can play them.

Other than that, playing a really dumb character (8 or less Int) can be a lot of fun, and surprisingly challenging.

Afrodactyl
2016-08-16, 05:34 PM
Currently using a dex-based 3/3 Battlemaster fighter/thief rogue. Character is that of an ex-con/highwayman/general scoundrel turned man-of-the people because a witch turned his son into a pigeon, and he's on a quest to get his son back.

Low intelligence, average charisma, but still trying to charm the pants off of everyone and their mother if it gets him his gold/son. So far his social skills have caused more fights than they've prevented. Considerably more.

Klorox
2016-08-18, 07:30 AM
I think it's worth noting that "build" implies some amount of multiclassing. If not, you just have a character using its regular features (possibly with a Feat or two).

That said, the most fun build I've played is my Tempest Sorcerer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?493427-Tempest-Sorcerer-Tank&p=20954743#post20954743).

I do also have a soft spot for a straight up Vengeance Paladin. I love the Punisher feel of them, and there's a surprising amount of variety in the manner you can play them.

Other than that, playing a really dumb character (8 or less Int) can be a lot of fun, and surprisingly challenging.

I disagree. I think a build can be a single classed concept, centering around certain feats. For instance, a polearm fighter build, that's a battlemaster with sentinel, polearm mastery, and great weapon fighting. Or a crossbow master build centered on getting off as many shots with a hand crossbow as possible could be a battlemaster with crossbow mastery and sharpshooter.

Ralanr
2016-08-18, 07:46 AM
I did a warlock barbarian. Fiend blade lock and bear totem.

The gist was I give myself two non concentration protection spells, then go rage. Downside is that it took two rounds of prep before I could fight. Upside is that I was hard to kill and it was very punishing to hit me.

Sirithhyando
2016-08-18, 08:02 AM

One of my players just made such a character, a tiefling hiding from the cruel world behind magic. I haven't seen it in action yet, but I agree it sounds fun.

This is one of the character i'm playing and it's absolutly awesome.
He's also playing the bagpipe and tries to go to every religious event to play the bagpipe.
He's at level 7 now and a Priest (death) 2/ Warlock (tome) 5 (i know you said you're sick of multi-class with warlock, but you said fun build and that one pretty fun :smalltongue:)

So our tiefling lady decided to go to sleep earlier. So my character had fun that night moving around as her but with too much cleavage. Our companions found out quite fast that she was an imposter, but RP-wise, it was awesome ! And i'm pretty sure we messed up all our DM plans that time.

That said, it's a pretty fun build to play :smallbiggrin:

Maxilian
2016-08-18, 09:43 AM
Narcisist fighter with 1 lvl in Rune Magic (to use the Earth enchantment on his weapon), use a sculpture of his face as his weapon. (The enemy should be happy to got the chance to have my face as the last thing to see in their life)

And now i'm playing a lvl 4 Ranger/2 Wizard, Beast master with the Unearthed Arcana of Artificier, so i can create potions (to be more specific, the Growth potion) guess who loves to give some potions to its Pterodactyl! (Reflavored the Pterodactyl into a Senmurv, not sure if i regret it or not :P)

poolio
2016-08-18, 10:57 PM
My funnest, and so far most favorite and longest lasting (guy made it all the way to lv14 :smallwink:
Was a way of open palm Aarakocra monk, DM was kinda iffy on me flying so i told him i didn't want Aarakocra for flight,

He had the gladiator variation entertainer background and his name was kung-pow

He was a luchador chicken-man, and i loved him <3

I would caw at the sun after we long rested, first time was after we stayed at in inn, the DM said "okay, so after an uneventful night you wake up an-"
Me: wait, so...it's morning then?"

DM:...yeeeah?

Me: *slaps hands on table and furiously stands up flapping my arms* ****-A-DOODLE DOO!!!

DM:...

Other party members:....

Me: *sits back down, smiling, waiting for DM to continue*

DM:...inspiration

Just one of the reasons this was my favorite character :smallbiggrin:

(Might come back to add more of his little highlights later:smallwink: )

Garresh
2016-08-19, 12:52 AM
Skithrith Sarkon, the Life Cleric 1/Wild Sorcerer X Dwarf in full plate. Tanky as hell, and moves at full speed despite only having 8 strength due to dwarven racial traits.

He spends all his time twincasting buffs like haste or greater invis, using bless in conjunction with bend luck, and if things get dicey he can twin a Life Disciple Healing Word in a high level spell slot to keep the party going strong.

Once he got a wand of wonder, he was able to quicken a heal on the same round he fired off his wand, adding even more chaos on top of the wild magic surges.

He simultaneously is a pillar of stability keeping the party going strong, and yet entirely unstable with regards to what he's going to do. By far the most fun character Ive played in a long time.

Yuion007
2016-08-23, 05:07 PM
I have two builds that I love playing.

First is a Dragonborn Barb that has a +1 Magic Glaive, Polearm Mastery, Sentinel, and a Tentacle Rod. I have done in excess of 50 dmg with a critical and all three attacks having good rolls. The tent rod is mostly for the giggles with its 3 +9 to hit attacks and the reduced movement means they cannot escape. I start every battle with the rod in one hand and the glave in the other. Get the rod's attacks off then put it away. I end just close enough to be a threat but if they make a move on me I get my reaction to stop them and pull out the hurt next turn.

Second is a new one I started playing a Gnome War Cleric lvl 1 and a Ranger lvl 3. She has a pet panther that she rides with a Lance and the mounted combatant feat. I don't have to worry about her short movement anymore and all the bonuses the panther gets as a pet just throws it over the top along with it not going to be able to be targeted and a panthers abilities are a fun if anything else combo. And I forgot to mention she has a 23 AC with Shield of Faith which she knows without taking a healing spellslot.

krunchyfrogg
2016-08-24, 04:26 PM
I've had a ton of fun with a loremaster bard who just seems to be more lucky than effective.

Klorox
2016-08-26, 03:15 PM
Am I an old cranky-pants if I think the character is more fun (and larger than) the build?

RickAllison
2016-08-26, 03:52 PM
Am I an old cranky-pants if I think the character is more fun (and larger than) the build?

My acid- and poison-friendly past swashbuckler agree. Didn't have a way to make either really effective other than having a lot of it (Jar of Alchemy), but he would try to incorporate them at all times.