PDA

View Full Version : [d20 Modern] Are there any Purchase DC optimization programs running around?

SangoProduction
2016-08-14, 03:22 AM
For those who don't know, the d20 Modern wealth system ...know what? Screw it, here's a link to a reference document. http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/wealth.html

So yeah. Purchasing things in a specific order is required, or else you "pay more" for that list of items. It's somewhat frustrating to work with.

I want to know if there's some online tool or program I can download that allows me to optimize my purchasing order.

I'll probably theorycraft the algorithm needed in edits to this post, just in case there isn't one.

-----------
Algorithm

Run the following through all items in the list first, since if the following conditions are met, the item is free, but might not remain free if you lose wealth:

If DC <15 and (Wealth - DC) > 0

Purchase item

Then, determine if there are items on the list that would jump up a tier if you lost 1 wealth (So, if Wealth - DC = 0, 10 or 15)

If there isn't, then purchase an item with DC >=15 and (Wealth - DC) > 0

Repeat that until there are either no more items fitting the conditions, or until you are on the verge of jumping up a tier.

(I haven't figured out how to optimize against tier-jumping.)

Repeat the last process, but determining if items would jump up a tier if you lost 2 wealth

If there isn't, then purchase an item with DC>=15 and (Wealth - DC) < 0 and (Wealth - DC) > -11