PDA

View Full Version : arcane and psionic

Mage keeper
2016-08-14, 11:16 AM
In my next campaign as master there will be a reign where arcain magic and psionic live peacefully, so here my question: could you tell me other build based on arcane-psionic multiclass other than cerebromancer?

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-08-14, 11:18 AM
In my next campaign as master there will be a reign where arcain magic and psionic live peacefully, so here my question: could you tell me other build based on arcane-psionic multiclass other than cerebromancer?The mind mage PrC, from Dragon Magazine, issue #313. It actually allows you to combine spellcasting and psionics, unlike the cerebremancer.

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=3171.msg39729#msg39729

MisterKaws
2016-08-14, 11:20 AM
The mind mage PrC, from Dragon Magazine, issue #313. It actually allows you to combine spellcasting and psionics, unlike the cerebremancer.

Isn't that one just a refluffed Cerebremancer with better features?

Mage keeper
2016-08-14, 11:34 AM
my bad i didn't tell you that i was talking about a pathfinder campaign

ExLibrisMortis
2016-08-14, 11:50 AM
Isn't that one just a refluffed Cerebremancer with better features?
Cerebremancers have no abilities, so they match literally any class that advances both arcane magic and psionics.

Mind Mages get a ton of useful abilities. Day-long CL/ML boosts (equal to class level!), apply metamagic and metapsionics Ultimate Magus-style, deliver touch spells with force attacks (concussion), convert PP to spell slots and vice versa, add both ability modifiers to your powers' save DC when using psi-spell feats, and double damage for a few attacks (well, half is nonlethal). Really great class, even with only 8/10 casting and manifesting.

MisterKaws
2016-08-14, 01:51 PM
Cerebremancers have no abilities, so they match literally any class that advances both arcane magic and psionics.

So... My point stands, I guess?

ExLibrisMortis
2016-08-14, 01:58 PM
So... My point stands, I guess?
Yep, it's just not that relevant.