PDA

View Full Version : Unearthed Arcana - what can you come up with for 1st, 5th, 11th builds

8wGremlin
2016-08-14, 05:27 PM
Using any Unearthed Arcana plus normal books (PBB. DMG, SCAG, EE etc)
What builds can you come up with at level 1, 5 and 11.
I'm looking a DPS builds, most versatile builds, most defensive builds, most niche builds, anything you wanna come up with.

What works what doesn't what is downright weird, OP or cool fluff.

thoughts?

Belac93
2016-08-14, 06:52 PM
Most niche? I've got you covered for a level 5 character! :smallamused:

Halfling Awakened Mystic 1/Ranger 1/Draconic Sorcerer 3

Lightfoot halfling gives lucky (never crit fail while talking to dragons), and brave (advantage against frightful presence). Ranger 1 gives you Favoured enemy: Dragons. Mystic 1 gives Mind over Emotion and expertise for insight. Sorcerer 3 gives you draconic ancestor and heightened suggestion. Stats STR 8, DEX 13, CON 9, INT 14, WIS 14, CHA 16

Assuming point buy, you will have +5 and advantage on Wisdom checks to track dragons, +2 and advantage on intelligence checks to learn about dragons, +5 insight checks, +10 on any charisma checks against dragons.

And there we have it: The character who is ridiculously good at making friends/lying to/with dragons. :smallbiggrin:

Degwerks
2016-08-14, 06:57 PM
Most niche? I've got you covered for a level 5 character! :smallamused:

Dragonborn Awakened Mystic 1/Ranger 1/Rogue 1/Draconic Sorcerer 1/1 of anything.

Ranger 1 gives you Favoured enemy: Dragons. Rogue 1 gives expertise in persuasion and deception. Mystic 1 gives awakened expertise in performance and insight, and mind over emotion. Sorcerer 1 gives you draconic ancestor. Stats STR 10, DEX 8, CON 12, INT 14, WIS 14, CHA 16

Assuming point buy, you will have +5 and advantage on Wisdom checks to track dragons, +2 and advantage on intelligence checks to learn about dragons, +5 insight checks, +10 and advantage on any charisma checks against dragons (except intimidation. But lets be realistic, trying to scare a dragon probably isn't such a good idea).

And there we have it: The character who is ridiculously good at making friends/lying to/with dragons. :smallbiggrin:

Your stats don't meet minimum attributes to multiclass.

Belac93
2016-08-14, 07:06 PM
Your stats don't meet minimum attributes to multiclass.

Fixed, and changed race to lightfoot halfling (then you are fearless and cannot roll 1s!)

EDIT: Changing this build because I made a mistake on how draconic ancestor works. Now Mystic 1/Ranger 1/Draconic sorcerer 3.

8wGremlin
2016-08-14, 09:49 PM
Fixed, and changed race to lightfoot halfling (then you are fearless and cannot roll 1s!)

EDIT: Changing this build because I made a mistake on how draconic ancestor works. Now Mystic 1/Ranger 1/Draconic sorcerer 3.

Awesomely Niche!

Specter
2016-08-14, 11:48 PM
The Battle Mage
-
Fighter 2/Favored Soul (Light) Sorcerer 3
Variant Human (Tough)
ST16, DX8, CO14, IN8, WI10, CH16
Metamagic: Quickened, Careful
-
The deal here is being a high-AC, high-HP blasting machine. Take Defense for Fighting Style, along with a shield and a full plate (no weapon needed). That's 21 AC. If they hit you, cast Shield for 26. Starting as a fighter with Tough, we have 48HP. Combining quickened spells with Action Surge, you can cast two spells and a cantrip in a single round. Go crazy.

At level 11, it's FGT2/SRC9, with 5th-level spells. Enjoy giving them a Fireball, then a Cone of Cold, then an Acid Splash, for an average of 74.5 DMG to a single target. If you want even more protection, take FGT3 with Eldritch Knight and grab Absorb Elements.

Citan
2016-08-15, 02:08 PM
Using any Unearthed Arcana plus normal books (PBB. DMG, SCAG, EE etc)
What builds can you come up with at level 1, 5 and 11.
I'm looking a DPS builds, most versatile builds, most defensive builds, most niche builds, anything you wanna come up with.

What works what doesn't what is downright weird, OP or cool fluff.

thoughts?
I have my classic lvl 11 Skyfire (or "Divine Wrath Bearer") to enter play.

Undying Light Tome Warlock 3 (Shillelagh) / Draconic Sorcerer (fire) 6 / Paladin 2.
+double CHA to Fire damage spells, +CHA to radiant spells Paladin chosen for fluff and Searing Smite spell, but would work with Fighter too. ;)

Spam Green Flame Blade with your Shillelagh-imbued quarterstaff, you can later take Paladin Oath (Devotion/Vengeance preferred), use oncoming ASI to bump CHA or take Polearm Master / Sentinel feats (you can get 3 ASI fast: Paladin 4, Warlock 4, Sorcerer 8).

For a level 5, I'm a bit fond of the Spell-less Ranger 2 / Battlemaster Fighter 3: you get 5 manoeuvers and 8 superiority dices, to go along with two Fighting Styles: take Dueling+Tunnel Fighter or Archery+Close Quarter Shooters and you're set! o/

Specter
2016-08-15, 04:05 PM
For a level 5, I'm a bit fond of the Spell-less Ranger 2 / Battlemaster Fighter 3: you get 5 manoeuvers and 8 superiority dices, to go along with two Fighting Styles: take Dueling+Tunnel Fighter or Archery+Close Quarter Shooters and you're set! o/

That's a good one for martials.

rudy
2016-08-15, 10:25 PM
Here's an absolutely Brutal combination at 11th level:

Fighter 2 / Rogue (Assassin) 4 / Ranger (Deep Stalker) 5 [Started as Rogue]

Whole build is in spoilers, but the basic idea is to use these three abilities in the first round of combat, using Expertise in Perception and Stealth to make sure to get the drop on people.

Assassinate: You have advantage on attack rolls against any creature that hasn’t taken a turn in the combat yet. In addition, any hit you score against a creature that is surprised is a critical hit.

Underdark Scout: On your first turn during combat, you gain a +10 bonus to your speed. If you use the attack action on that turn, you can make one additional attack.

Action Surge

So, think about this. We've got extra attack, and on the first round of combat when we do an attack action we get another attack. So, using Action Surge, that's SIX attacks on the first round, all of which have advantage, and all of which are critical hits if they connect. Combine this with Sharpshooter (in build below) for extra brutality.

Am I crazy, or is this crazy good?

If I was making this at a higher level, or building to it in a different way, I'd probably want to end up Fighter (Eldritch Warrior) 11 / Rogue (Assassin) 5 / Ranger (Deep Stalker) 4.

Wood Elf
Starting Stats: Str 12 Dex 17 Con 15 Int 8 Wis 14 Cha 8
Stats Now: Str 12 Dex 18 Con 16 Int 8 Wis 14 Cha 8
Feats: Sharpshooter
Background: Outlander

Skills: Perception*, Athletics, Survival, Stealth*, Insight, Investigation, Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand. * means expertise.
Tools: Thieves’ Tools, Musical Instrument
Languages: Elven, Common, Dwarven, Goblin

Save Proficiencies: Intelligence, Dexterity

Fighting Style: Mariner (+1 AC, Swim and Climb speed equal to land speed when no shield or heavy armor)
Archery: +2 to attack rolls with a bow
Second Wind (1d10+2 1/rest as bonus action)
Action Surge: Additional action 1/rest
Expertise: Perception, Stealth
Sneak Attack +2d6
Cunning Action
Assassinate
Underdark Scout
Ranger Casting (spells not picked out)
Favored Enemy: Humanoid (Human, Goblinoid)
Favored Terrain: Whatever
Extra Attack
Deep Stalker Magic: 90-foot darkvision, add the following spells to spells known at appropriate levels: disguise self, rope trick, glyph of warding, greater invisibility, seeming