PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Tinkerer, The Craftificers Handbook. Discussion thread

Zakier
2016-08-15, 06:53 AM
After searching near endlessly and a asking many questions on here, I have come to the conclusion that while there are indeed 3 excellent resources for both crafters and artificer's, ol none go into any detail on playing as wear is known as the Craftificers.

Description;

The Craftificers is a design that is focused towards crafting. All feats taken by this class are generally geared towards being as competent a crafter as possible. Unlike the Blastificer or Meleeficer or even the Hordificer, This bills tries to make everything as cheap as possible.

Cost reduction can be found in the cost reduction handbook.

What none of the guides do for this version of an Artificer is provide any amount of toys to actually adventuring as the Craftificer. Furthermore all thy builds All the builds in other guides focus towards one of the above 3. Even the Zeroficer is built to be overpowered.

What I would like to create is a guide for players wanting to be the crafter of the party and play tactically with traps, wands, magical and mundane gear.

Here in this discussion thread I we should compile a list of feats all geared towards crafting, build advice for a full level 20 straight Craftificer, and a good list of various items both mundane and magical to be used tactically.

The Craftificer is built to build not blast is usefulness in combat will be negligent if not prepared.

I also think t that would be useful to have notes on the restrictions when crafting magically, as well as defining each type of magical item a bit more clearly than the SRD has it.

For example, rods, how exactly does a player with a generous DM make a custom rod? The SRD has a random roll table but that only covers a few options. It does not explain any rules or limitation on making custom ones.