PDA

View Full Version : Channeling a Celestial [3.5]

LordOfCain
2016-08-15, 09:38 AM
What is the best celestial with <= 24 HD to channel? I.E. Which one has the highest mental ability scores? I am planning to have an evil character channel a celestial via charm monster/mind rape/other spells to make it willing. It would be best without template abuse or if those templates could be acquired via spells... can any spells grant templates that boost mental scores?

daremetoidareyo
2016-08-15, 10:49 AM
What is the best celestial with <= 24 HD to channel? I.E. Which one has the highest mental ability scores? I am planning to have an evil character channel a celestial via charm monster/mind rape/other spells to make it willing. It would be best without template abuse or if those templates could be acquired via spells... can any spells grant templates that boost mental scores?

I got you. Link in Sig

LordOfCain
2016-08-15, 01:50 PM
I got you. Link in Sig

Wow. I did not know that existed. Thanks a ton. Still want some help with templates.

FearlessGnome
2016-08-15, 04:34 PM
Well, the main issue is that you pretty much need access to seventh level Sanctified spells to channel (or 9th, for the greater version), so there's a limit on how evil you can get.

Unless of course you want to swing all the way over and be utterly bat**** ALL-the-paladins-are-coming capital E [Evil].

Note that Channel Celestial (7th level) doesn't care about LA or CR, it only counts hitdice. Also note that the Half-Fiend template doesn't remove the [Good] subtype if applied to a celestial, it only adds the [Evil] subtype. It can even be applied to creatures that already have both these subtypes. And there is a spell that gives the Half-Fiend template. Sort of. It's, uh... not exactly a buff.

Searing Seed, from Dragon Magazine 300. An 8th level Corrupt Spell. It impregnates the victims (even if male) on a failed save, and d3 rounds later they "give birth", taking 3d6 con damage if female, or 4d6 if male as the creature within tears itself out of the victim. It grows to adult in one round, at which point it is an exact clone of the victim, including class levels, feats, spells known, etc, + the Half-Fiend template. Which among other things gives the new creature +4 Int and +2 Charisma (No Wisdom bonus though, which is probably for the best, or the Will save would eventually be impossible to overcome). At this point, if the original creature survived, discard it. Now Dominate or quickly knock unconscious the new creature, because it is free willed, and it won't like what you have planned for it.

Now you use Searing Seed on this creature, and soon it will give birth to a Half-Fiend Half-Fiend Celestial. Repeat this until you like the numbers, or until Asmodeus drops by to discover why the mirror on his wall said your name when he asked who was the most evil of them all this morning.

Use this process on a celestial 1HD animal you kidnapped with planeshift or something. Again, Dominate/Mindrape the end creature. Then use Miracle (so you're probably an Evil Cleric, or at least you have access to Miracle through a Domain) to duplicate Channel Celestial, which as a 7th level spell is fair game for no-exp miracle replication. Voila, you are channeling a creature that technically still has the [Good] subtype.

This process may be marginally :smalleek: more [Evil] than you would get away with in most games, even setting aside the cheese of stacking the Half-Fiend template on itself.

LordOfCain
2016-08-15, 04:41 PM
Well, the main issue is that you pretty much need access to seventh level Sanctified spells to channel (or 9th, for the greater version), so there's a limit on how evil you can get.

Unless of course you want to swing all the way over and be utterly bat**** ALL-the-paladins-are-coming capital E [Evil].

Note that Channel Celestial (7th level) doesn't care about LA or CR, it only counts hitdice. Also note that the Half-Fiend template doesn't remove the [Good] subtype if applied to a celestial, it only adds the [Evil] subtype. It can even be applied to creatures that already have both these subtypes. And there is a spell that gives the Half-Fiend template. Sort of. It's, uh... not exactly a buff.

Searing Seed, from Dragon Magazine 300. An 8th level Corrupt Spell. It impregnates the victims (even if male) on a failed save, and d3 rounds later they "give birth", taking 3d6 con damage if female, or 4d6 if male as the creature within tears itself out of the victim. It grows to adult in one round, at which point it is an exact clone of the victim, including class levels, feats, spells known, etc, + the Half-Fiend template. Which among other things gives the new creature +4 Int and +2 Charisma (No Wisdom bonus though, which is probably for the best, or the Will save would eventually be impossible to overcome). At this point, if the original creature survived, discard it. Now Dominate or quickly knock unconscious the new creature, because it is free willed, and it won't like what you have planned for it.

Now you use Searing Seed on this creature, and soon it will give birth to a Half-Fiend Half-Fiend Celestial. Repeat this until you like the numbers, or until Asmodeus drops by to discover why the mirror on his wall said your name when he asked who was the most evil of them all this morning.

Use this process on a celestial 1HD animal you kidnapped with planeshift or something. Again, Dominate/Mindrape the end creature. Then use Miracle (so you're probably an Evil Cleric, or at least you have access to Miracle through a Domain) to duplicate Channel Celestial, which as a 7th level spell is fair game for no-exp miracle replication. Voila, you are channeling a creature that technically still has the [Good] subtype.

This process may be marginally :smalleek: more [Evil] than you would get away with in most games, even setting aside the cheese of stacking the Half-Fiend template on itself.
Dang.... GitP REALLY needs a +1/like button. ....

FearlessGnome
2016-08-15, 04:44 PM
Dang.... GitP REALLY needs a +1/like button. ....
It's the second most evil tool for world conquest I've thought up myself, but my players know my username and I don't want to ruin the surprise. :smallbiggrin:

LordOfCain
2016-08-15, 04:49 PM
It's the second most evil tool for world conquest I've thought up myself, but my players know my username and I don't want to ruin the surprise. :smallbiggrin:
Aww..... if that is only the second most evil....