PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Concealed Weapons

Hogsy
2016-08-15, 10:55 AM
(3.P)I am looking to build a Rogue/Fighter type of character who's utilizing concealed weapons for quick, 1 hit kills. I'll probably make him sort sort of lawful assassin, 'cause I want to put Iaijutsu Master in the mix for the Iaijutsu Focus + Iaijutsu Master 5 upgrade. There are some times I could use to conceal weapons, and getting a high sleigh of hand check is not hard. My question is whether there are feats or abilities that augment concealing weapons and attacking using one. Thanks in advance.

Flickerdart
2016-08-15, 11:01 AM
There's not much.

Assassins get the spell secret weapon which gives a +20 bonus to the check made to hide a weapon, or a +10 check to hide a weapon you would not normally be able to hide, which is pretty amazing. Now you too can hide a ballista in your pants!

The skill trick Sudden Draw lets you draw and strike with a concealed weapon when an opponent provokes an Attack of Opportunity from you. Remember that you have to be armed to threaten spaces in the first place, so take Improved Unarmed Strike or have another weapon out. The opponent is treated as flat-footed, which is a nice bonus.

The skill trick Hidden Blade lets you draw a concealed weapon as a move action. Again, the target of your attack is flat-footed. Both skill tricks are usable once per encounter, but the prestige class Uncanny Trickster allows you to select up to 3 skill tricks and use them an extra time each.

Telonius
2016-08-15, 11:23 AM
Assassins get the spell secret weapon which gives a +20 bonus to the check made to hide a weapon, or a +10 check to hide a weapon you would not normally be able to hide, which is pretty amazing. Now you too can hide a ballista in your pants!

Even if it's noticed, an optimized Bluff check help you out (and probably improve your reputation).

Jormengand
2016-08-15, 11:51 AM
Now you too can hide a ballista in your pants!

Is that a ballista in your pocket, or are you just really, really, really happy to see me? :smalltongue:

paperarmor
2016-08-15, 12:03 PM
There's also the gnomish quick razor which is a weapon sheathed as a free action. Coupled with iaijutsu focus a skill from 3.0 and anything leaves an enemy flat-footed you can get some crazy damage

Sir Daniel
2016-08-15, 01:25 PM
Homebrew the hidden blade from Assassin's Creed. It'd do dagger damage, I'd think.

Nando
2016-08-15, 01:28 PM
Now I'm sad 'cause Mosquito's Bite runs out on your next turn - would have been quite funny to use the Quick Razor with IF while keeping up a normal conversation with someone and always bluffing your way out of your "missing attakcs" as jokes or something...also, what happens if you don't get another turn after you hit something with MB?

SethoMarkus
2016-08-15, 03:56 PM
also, what happens if you don't get another turn after you hit something with MB?

Clearly they just go about their life, never aware of the damage.

"Sir? Are you alright?"

"Yes, why?"

"Well, you're clearly bleeding from a stab wound!"

"No I'm not."

"..."

Gildedragon
2016-08-15, 07:21 PM
Homebrew the hidden blade from Assassin's Creed. It'd do dagger damage, I'd think.

Iirc that's called the Gnomish Quickblade

Daggers are GREAT for being concealed
there's the Deceptive weapon property from dragon 358 (+4 to SoH)

there is also the Disguised property for daggers (dr 316) which gives an extra +5

so a dagger with all of this has a +11 to SoH...

Mehangel
2016-08-15, 09:18 PM
What if instead of a Rogue/Fighter, you looked into Dreamscarred Press's Soulknife (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife) + Cuthroat (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/cutthroat) Archetype. When you get high enough level, take levels in the Ashen Blade prestige class from Psionics Augmented: Soulknives II (http://drivethrurpg.com/product/189583/Psionics-Augmented-Soulknives-II?sorttest=true&filters=0_0_44235_0_0). The Ashen Blade prestige class is the assassin prestige class tailor-made for the soulknife. Upon entering the class, the character gains the ability to create and dismiss mindblades inside their target.