PDA

View Full Version : D&D Ironman suit

Sir cryosin
2016-08-15, 01:16 PM
So let's build Ironmans suit through magic armor iteams.
Helmet:
Chest:
Gloves: gloves of eldritch blast
Boots: boots of flying.
Anything else.
The character need to have prof in heavy armor. So what class?

ZX6Rob
2016-08-15, 01:44 PM
In some of the comics I remember from my misspent youth, Iron Man's suit had a built-in thermocouple device that let him channel excess energy from lasers or fire attacks into his suit's power supply. A body piece that allows the user to cast something like Absorb Elements might be thematically appropriate.

Additionally, the suit came with a powerful array of sensors and radar, so perhaps a Helm of Truesight or Helm of Arcane Sight would also work well.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-08-15, 05:11 PM
Class-wise, I think you have to go Artificer Wizard, as much as possible.

2016-08-15, 05:25 PM
Class-wise, I think you have to go Artificer Wizard, as much as possible.

Seconding this, while also suggesting Mountain Dwarf; it only takes one feat to get Heavy Armor proficiency, and you're basically immune to alcohol poisoning. :smalltongue:

Zman
2016-08-15, 07:15 PM
http://img08.deviantart.net/9159/i/2012/184/9/f/the_avengers___iron_man_by_thedurrrrian-d55tn2d.jpg

Sentient Helmet of Intellect
Armor of Invulnerability
Gloves of Eldritch Blast
Boots of Flying

Joe the Rat
2016-08-16, 08:25 AM
It would be appropriate to fit in a Belt of Giant Strength. It may not be emphasized as much as the flying/blasting side of things, but it is a core feature. Hill would probably be sufficient.
Unfortunately this puts us over the attunement limit.

The armor should incorporate arcane foci into the gauntlets (and possibly the arc reactor/omnibeam/big glowy chest thing). This can let you offload the more limited or inconsistent elements (scorching ray, rocket skates longstrider, magnets telekinesis, etc.) to the wearer's spell list.

N810
2016-08-16, 10:04 AM
Your helmet needs at least dark vision, and possibly some other sensory bonuses. (true sight, blind sense, etc.. )

The chest plate could have a Strength or Constitution bonus, and maybe some once a day abilities, like a high level magic missile, Thunderwave, or Repulsion.

krunchyfrogg
2016-08-24, 02:55 PM
Go rock (tinker) gnome, make an eldritch knight, and work with the DM to allow you to summon your armor instead of the summon weaapon ability.

I don't think this breaks the game. Add warlock levels for eldritch blast

Name? Stony Tark :D

SpawnOfMorbo
2016-08-24, 03:07 PM
http://img08.deviantart.net/9159/i/2012/184/9/f/the_avengers___iron_man_by_thedurrrrian-d55tn2d.jpg

Sentient Helmet of Intellect
Armor of Invulnerability
Gloves of Eldritch Blast
Boots of Flying

You should spoil that picture, not because it gives away anything but because there are a lot of mobile users that may have to load it. :smallsmile:

Zman
2016-08-24, 03:10 PM
You should spoil that picture, not because it gives away anything but because there are a lot of mobile users that may have to load it. :smallsmile:

Hey, I've got unlimited mobile data and am on wifi all the time! :smallbiggrin: