PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder I just took over a City

Draco_Lord
2016-08-16, 12:03 PM
So recently in a camaign I am playing I have come into ownership (sort of) of a city. Now I am trying to decide what exactly I should do with it. Basically what happens was my character trying to obtain as much land as possible in the village, he started with the Inn they were staying in that he thought was over priced, and kind of just kept going. It ended when we found the guy who was pretending to be the local god taking human flesh and I forged into his documents that he did it to stop the one true heir from taking his rightful place (my character) I got very lucky and rolled a nat20, house ruled to be instant success for skill checks. Anyways they think I am their god now

I am playing an Evil Cleric/Agent of the Grave, I want to be a necromancer. So I was thinking about creating some sort of powerful undead to serve the party and me. I am currently level 10, 5 levels Cleric 5 Agent of the Grave. I took a look at Necrocrafts, and right now I am in the best possible spot to get a collosal one of those, if the rules work how I think they do.

So I was looking at the spell Death Knell, and it raises caster level. The bonus is untyped, so it should stack, which means I can get an effective caster level of 18 no problem if I kill a number of my new citizens (they are all mostly old anyways). Plus I need to kill 100 more to get the undead needed for my Necrocraft.

Now I am posting since I want to know if there is anything better I could be doing. Am I over looking the use of having a city like this at my disposal? I don't think the DM will let us get away with much wealth, he will put something in our way to stop it, or say that it has low gold on hand. So that is out.

Zanos
2016-08-16, 12:29 PM
Most people will tell you that Death Knell is an untyped bonus from the same source, and therefore does not stack with itself.

Make a program to have undead perform all the hard labor in the city, in exchange you get everyone's bodies when they die.

Draco_Lord
2016-08-16, 12:33 PM
Damn, I missed the same source line. I really wanted to create some giant seige engine undead.

Fouredged Sword
2016-08-16, 01:00 PM
Well it sounds like it's time to set up shop and take actual control. Right now your rule is based on paper and is only as strong as the words therein. Paper burns easy.

You need to start bringing in some muscle and control. Your best bet is Vampires. Get a nice vampire with good social skills commanded and get him to agree to set up shop. Use holy equipment if you need to reduce his HD enough to command. It shouldn't be hard to talk him into ruling a town in your name willingly. From there he can dominate as many people as he needs to rule with an iron fist.

EDIT - Looks like you are in pathfinder, advice is invalid.

TheYell
2016-08-16, 03:22 PM
I still maintain Red Fel is suspiciously helpful courteous and empathic for an evil dude. A genius, I grant you.

Now I like the point that you could use social control. Have a volunteer civic guard that wears its own uniform.

Then introduce lycanthropy. Then Pogrom lycanthropes with your civic guard. Then raise the lycanthropes. Not sure what an undead lycanthrope can do. Cant be worse and the main thing is you get a growing population of undead and your citizens support you for mass executions.

Draco_Lord
2016-08-16, 05:43 PM
I should probably mention this part. But I don't think I have too much time on my hands, so finding a way to get a werewolf would be hard at the moment.